Normies and coronavirus

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
FZHXuKiWYAIIiEh

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
^^ John B Wells was a popular host that briefly replaced Art Bell on the Coast to Coast AM program. It used to have more listeners than any radio program on the air during Art's tenure. The Wells guy was great (and has possibly the best voice for radio I've ever heard) but he was too based and was fired fairly quickly. Good to see something from him. I have no doubt he is anti-vax, and anti-Ukraine.

He went on to do his own thing privately, which of course drastically cut down his audience. But he had some great guests and great discussions and it looks like he is trying to get back into radio syndication.

mountainaire

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
View attachment 46298

GenCon in full swing with masks and Vax requirements.

The groups there are full on mask Nazis. A couple of the vocally pro mask organizers had photos taken of them intended to be positive…but they had no mask on and got eaten alive by the other nerds there.
A lot of it has to do with who you convene with. Even at the height of the lockdown hysteria in my blue state filled with coastal transplants, you could go to a gun show/gun expo indoors, and people would wear masks for two minutes going through the front door and then every single person would then take them off as soon as they got inside.

When you've got a gathering of soy-bugmen that are there to play with children's toys, well you're going to get a different result.

Easy_C

Peacock
A lot of it has to do with who you convene with. Even at the height of the lockdown hysteria in my blue state filled with coastal transplants, you could go to a gun show/gun expo indoors, and people would wear masks for two minutes going through the front door and then every single person would then take them off as soon as they got inside.

When you've got a gathering of soy-bugmen that are there to play with children's toys, well you're going to get a different result.

Oh, I know. But they're interesting to keep an eye at because that group tends to be a lot of extremely autistic people who latch on very quickly to whatever "current thing" is.

It also isn't helped because things like D&D have been turned into lifestyle brands and marketed to the same kind of people who rabidly consume Marvel movies.

Sad thing is a lot of groups didn't used to be this way. I used to play some war games with a group in New Jersey that were....definitely not bugmen. We had a few leftists like the one (((school administrator)), but most were decent blue collar guys with good common sense, who grew up as history nerds in the 90s.

At this point the only places still requiring masks+vax are these big dork events. I suspect it's as much to keep "Chuds" out as it is about science and I've trolled a few of the related Facebook posts by saying "these mask requirements are also important to discourage Chuds and science deniers from attending". It's met with upvotes and assent.

Sisyphus

Kingfisher
Other Christian

Thank you O wise and all-knowing expert for your measured and reasoned take which is well supported by scientific evidence. But in a way it makes sense. Everybody goes grocery shopping, and the false positive rate for the fraudulent test is "almost 100%" so one could logically draw this conclusion as long as they had no understanding of how the test works. Then again, they don't specify what you're being infected with so there are many other possible interpretations here