Normies and coronavirus

Roosh

Cardinal
Today at the supermarket it was a white leftist couple who yelled at me. They followed me down the aisle and then the woman started the barrage. She was quite loud and used profanity. She acted in a way as if she wanted other customers to join her, but none did. As per my protocol, I remained absolutely silent with a poker face. She extinguished her talking points in about 30 seconds and practically begged me to respond ("You're not going to respond?... You're really not going to respond?... So that's it, you're just going to stand there?") And then she huffed away. Her boyfriend followed (he had a gauge earring, looked Antifa-like) and mumbled something at me with a dirty look.

I find that not giving them any feedback stymies their attack because they desire a confrontation or argument with a conservative stereotype to blow off steam. When you give them nothing to work off of (not even your accent), they don't have any additional attack angles.

Sisyphus

Robin
Today at the supermarket it was a white leftist couple who yelled at me. They followed me down the aisle and then the woman started the barrage. She was quite loud and used profanity. She acted in a way as if she wanted other customers to join her, but none did. As per my protocol, I remained absolutely silent with a poker face. She extinguished her talking points in about 30 seconds and practically begged me to respond ("You're not going to respond?... You're really not going to respond?... So that's it, you're just going to stand there?") And then she huffed away. Her boyfriend followed (he had a gauge earring, looked Antifa-like) and mumbled something at me with a dirty look.

I find that not giving them any feedback stymies their attack because they desire a confrontation or argument with a conservative stereotype to blow off steam. When you give them nothing to work off of (not even your accent), they don't have any additional attack angles.
Silence is an underappreciated but very powerful tool. After about 4 months I had my first confrontation, albeit a very short and insignificant one, with a victim of the psychological conditioning. In fact it was so short and insignificant that I didn't realize it had happened until it was over. My use of silence was inadvertent but nonetheless effective.

As I approached the meat counter I saw an agitated individual wearing a useless cloth mask mumbling to himself and bouncing back and forth, essentially hopping from one foot to the other. He had the body type and social awareness of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. This particular grocery store is frequented by various types of hoodlums and street scum, so it's not at all unusual to see people mumbling to themselves. As with all encounters with mentally ill individuals I avoided eye contact. Only later did I realize that some of the mumbling was directed towards me. My transcription of his monologue is as follows: "mmfff mmmff mfff mff mask!" It
was clear that talking to a stranger terrified him (perhaps more than the potential entrance of the killer virus into his enormous body), and he winced and quickly turned away as soon as I failed to reply. Once I sized up the situation I realized that his original bout of mumbling was caused by the presence of the woman in front of him who was purchasing seafood without wearing a mask. No doubt his hysteria heightened as he found himself situated in between two maskless individuals. To be fair, his poor physical condition does put him at higher risk of suffering complications, but he was pretty young, I would estimate around 23 years old.

After the seafood was dispensed, the wage slave behind the counter asked the agitated blob if she could help him to which he responded something along the lines of "I can't believe all these people aren't wearing masks!!" The worker started blankly until he ordered his food - the receipt thereof made him very pleased as would be expected for someone of his stature. His tone changed immediately, cheerfully thanking the worker and telling her to have a great day, presumably smiling beneath his virtuous cloth.

The point is that you don't owe some random citizen any explanation for your decisions. Attempting to rationalize them in this type of setting is pointless and even the most clever riposte will only succeed in momentarily inflating your sense of pride and self-satisfaction. More challenging but more rewarding is to maintain a calm inner state while your persecutor tuckers themselves out. Let them unload their (or xir) petty fears and righteousness - their tantrum will only harm you if you allow it to.

Throughout this time I've taken comfort in the fact that most people are cowards. I honestly was surprised to read about the brazen acts of confrontation reported by so many here as I had done my maskless grocery shopping unscathed since it all began. The social conditioning is reaching a fever pitch (no pun intended) now, so perhaps we should be prepared for increased levels of rage from the manipulated masses. It's up to us to respond in kind with an equal but opposite reaction of stoic serenity, but I believe it's essential to avoid playing along with this futile mask exercise as much as possible. If only everyone had resisted from the beginning, the lunacy would have been over before it began, but that's beyond my control. What I can control is not abandoning my principles to satisfy the irrational fears of thoughtless drones responding to the whims of their programmers at every turn.

Mortay

Sparrow
I suppose all those years of practicing cold approach is now coming into use to resist tyranny. The approach anxiety I used to get is the same feeling I get now when entering a store without a mask on. The fear of rejection is there but when you hold your frame it tends to work out. Most people will not say or do anything. Standing up to the mob is one big shit test.

Any tips for how to keep that cool? I suspect we're all going to have this happen to us sooner or later. @Roosh

You're right though. Similarly, I called our old gym to ask about what their new policies were. The girl tried to mock me but I just kept on with the conversation, with a few judgmental, silent pauses, because her comments weren't worth my time. Her tone changed to embarrassment after a minute or two of this back and forth.

Edit: I was also confronted by several employees as I was going into a small, crowded establishment this week. I tried the "thank you" tactic but they persisted.

In my area, people are saying the ADA exception is fake. The next employee pressed the issue and I claimed medical reasons. They called me out so I calmly told them I would sue them to bankruptcy. That ended their insistence.

Roosh

Cardinal
I suppose all those years of practicing cold approach is now coming into use to resist tyranny. The approach anxiety I used to get is the same feeling I get now when entering a store without a mask on. The fear of rejection is there but when you hold your frame it tends to work out. Most people will not say or do anything. Standing up to the mob is one big shit test.
Yes, it is similar, because a lot of the tension you feel is based on experiencing social shame (rejection, embarrassment, ejection from a venue, etc.).
Any tips for how to keep that cool? I suspect we're all going to have this happen to us sooner or later. @Roosh
Practice! First couple of times I had trouble staying silent or maintaining my cool, but now I have far greater control.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
I was always a fan of "elderly game" back in the beforetime, and acting like an elderly person is a great way of avoiding confrontation and not reacting to someone. If someone an elderly man didn't know was yelling at him, the elderly man would simply assume this man was confused, or mistook him for someone else, or if he used weird buzzwords like "flatten the curve, man!!" would simply not understand.

I don't generally respond to a stranger with more than a hello and a smile. It's actually a bit odd to have any sort of exchange beyond that with someone you do not know, so if I don't know someone I'm generally not going to do more than smile or nod. If someone yells or says something hostile to me, I just assume they mistook me for someone else, and ignore them. Honestly, why would a stranger be speaking to me at all if they are not asking if I know where an item is, or a brief pleasant greeting? I just assume they are loony and ignore them, like I do homeless people who chatter at me as I walk by them.

Sometimes I take the mindset of an elderly man, who doesn't understand snark and sarcasm (sarcasm is saying the opposite of what you actually mean, so it is actually quite confusing), or who can't hear them clearly, especially under a mask :laughter: or even of a foreigner who doesn't speak their language. Why are you assuming my ethnicity, just cos I'm white?:squintlol:

counter asked the agitated blob if she could help him to which he responded something along the lines of "I can't believe all these people aren't wearing masks!!" The worker started blankly until he ordered his food - the receipt thereof made him very pleased as would be expected for someone of his stature. His tone changed immediately, cheerfully thanking the worker and telling her to have a great day, presumably smiling beneath his virtuous cloth.
"Agitated Blob"....oh what a wordsmith!

infowarrior1

Hummingbird

You're right though. Similarly, I called our old gym to ask about what their new policies were. The girl tried to mock me but I just kept on with the conversation, with a few judgmental, silent pauses, because her comments weren't worth my time. Her tone changed to embarrassment after a minute or two of this back and forth.

Edit: I was also confronted by several employees as I was going into a small, crowded establishment this week. I tried the "thank you" tactic but they persisted.

In my area, people are saying the ADA exception is fake. The next employee pressed the issue and I claimed medical reasons. They called me out so I calmly told them I would sue them to bankruptcy. That ended their insistence.
Roosh did the silence with a Blank Poker Face. Perhaps you made some facial expressions that they were able to hold onto. Silence and poker face seem to work very well in combination. Poker Face in giving nothing away leaves no apparent chink in your armor to exploit.

This also explains a lot of leftoid behavior:

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
Small establishments are much tougher. Most of my "success" is in large chain stores where you can do shopping without always being seen by employees.

For small stores, you need to have some leverage in order to complete the transaction, such as a prepaid gift card or an order to pick up. Otherwise, it's easier for them to deny you service.

Small establishments are much tougher. Most of my "success" is in large chain stores where you can do shopping without always being seen by employees.

For small stores, you need to have some leverage in order to complete the transaction, such as a prepaid gift card or an order to pick up. Otherwise, it's easier for them to deny you service.
That's strange.

When I go to "small" convenience store chains, at least this one in particular, no one cares.

But literally everyone wears a mask in the big supermarkets. I follow because I don't bother trying to cause trouble.

Roosh

Cardinal
That's strange.

When I go to "small" convenience store chains, at least this one in particular, no one cares.

But literally everyone wears a mask in the big supermarkets. I follow because I don't bother trying to cause trouble.
Looks like there is a lot of variance that is dependent on local culture.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Recent studies show local conditions such as temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc variably affect rules being pulled from out of peoples anuses just as much as they do viruses

I had no idea things had got this bad.

I'm in Belarus at the moment, and mask wearing is about 10-20% and declining. And they're starting to look fucking stupid.

Here I'M the one harassing people for being so dumb))

I can't imagine complying if I was in the US... I know that's easy to say from here, but I really can't.

We all know where this is going. We all know this shit can't actually be enforced, at least not in public places.

The governor of Texas on announcing masks were mandatory even stated "no-one is going to jail for violating this safe practice".

Wearing a mask is moronic. Compliance is a choice. It's your RESPONSIBILITY to refuse/boycott/tell people to go fuck themselves and take the heat.

Go along to get along is exactly how this shit is possible, and we're on the totalitarian tip toe.

Masks today... we know where this could end.

WAY more people know the truth than you realize. WAY more.

Take a stand now, it's just gonna get harder.

[I know this is easy to say... I'm sure it's tough if your somewhere 'mandatory', but still...]

Last edited: