Normies and coronavirus

Roosh did the silence with a Blank Poker Face. Perhaps you made some facial expressions that they were able to hold onto. Silence and poker face seem to work very well in combination. Poker Face in giving nothing away leaves no apparent chink in your armor to exploit.
Small establishments are much tougher. Most of my "success" is in large chain stores where you can do shopping without always being seen by employees.

For small stores, you need to have some leverage in order to complete the transaction, such as a prepaid gift card or an order to pick up. Otherwise, it's easier for them to deny you service.
I should have added more context. "Crowded" as in 100 person capacity and 25 people present. Still possible to distance. We're in an area with a lot of small businesses and they're feeling the pain. Lots of in-fighting, arguments, etc.

Some of them have been fined 10 or 15 times for not following the rules correctly, even when complying.

I should have added more context. "Crowded" as in 100 person capacity and 25 people present. Still possible to distance. We're in an area with a lot of small businesses and they're feeling the pain. Lots of in-fighting, arguments, etc.

Some of them have been fined 10 or 15 times for not following the rules correctly, even when complying.
What happens if you refuse to pay?

Genuine question, but I guess they'd call the cops or you end up in court.

Either way, ultimately you end up in front of a judge, who throws it out.

None of this shit is enforceable, as has been proven several times already.

Again, it's easy for me to say from here, but I just can't imagine complying with this codshit.

What will you tell your grandkids when they ask "what were you doing as the shutters came down?"

They can't arrest everyone. Compliance makes it possible.

Incidentally that's not directed at you or anyone else here. Just staggered by some of the comments showing up on my Facebook.

Last edited:

bucky

Pelican
That's strange.

When I go to "small" convenience store chains, at least this one in particular, no one cares.

But literally everyone wears a mask in the big supermarkets. I follow because I don't bother trying to cause trouble.
Costco has required face coverings for a while now, and recently in my area they made them obligatory in public, although enforcement is spotty. I can't bear wearing a mask, so I do the bandana thing. It's still stupid, but at least it makes you look sort of cool, like a bandit. A nice, older black lady even said "Whoa...it's the bandit" when I walked by at Costco the other day, which made me chuckle.

I'm dreading the day they say it's got to be a surgical mask though. It's probably coming.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
People ought to lean into the bullshit further than they do and make them and the whole situation look ridiculous.
Break the spell by casting a spell of your own. Go the checkout with a plague mask, imagine if everyone started wearing these for the laugh, would piss of the powers to be to no end. Mockery is so powerful.

Last edited:
Yep... I can't understand why more people aren't doing that...

You'll get hassled by the cops, or just mindless c*nts?

If it's the latter, who cares?

Licenses of various kinds will be revoked is one of the main concerns in my state but not the only problem.
Same drill man. All roads lead to court, and at that point it'll get thrown out.

If everyone just carries on regardless, the whole thing becomes a joke.

"What did you do?"

Go along to get along?

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Texas has a mask order. I respect it because I respect local businesses.

But I go into my barber the other day to get a hair cut (wearing a mask) and he shames me because I was planning on taking some trips to Florida this year. Mind you, the trips didn't happen since they locked down, but he says "so you just don't care about spreading the virus, you just want your fun in the sun?". I wasn't trying to get into a political discussion, I was just talking about the holiday weekend. I mention, "I worry about all the businesses shut down." and he says, "Call be a bad capitalist, but I don't really give a shit about businesses".

It's still pissing me off it was 3 days ago. He did a great job on my hair so it's disappointing I won't be going back.
For the most part though, I haven't run into any mask or corona shamers here in Texas. Most people are pretty cool to stay in their lane.

I mention, "I worry about all the businesses shut down." and he says, "Call [me] a bad capitalist, but I don't really give a shit about businesses".
Our businesses just expect another welfare handout. Some of you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that many small businesses are morphing into the same cancerous corporate culture that's deplatforming people. Respect small business all you want but don't think they're de facto on your side in all this. The more you shop at them, the more you support what you're seeing today.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Our businesses just expect another welfare handout. Some of you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that many small businesses are morphing into the same cancerous corporate culture that's deplatforming people. Respect small business all you want but don't think they're de facto on your side in all this. The more you shop at them, the more you support what you're seeing today.
You sound anti-capitalist.

People have to work AND we have make stuff, otherwise we don't have stuff. It sounds simple, but that's the consequence of shutting down businesses. I don't really care about the owners. I care about the workers. And if they shut down, then at the other end of it you're going to have massive welfare rolls and civil unrest. Obviously, bars and restaurants employ a ton of lower wage workers. If they don't have jobs, they'll turn to Antifa. It's that simple.

The hard part is when the masks are mandated like where I'm at in Florida. You're required to have one to go into any store or they will refuse to. It's one thing to say well I'll just take my business elsewhere but when every business requires it you are hamstrung. I really hate it but I need to get groceries and go to Home Depot and I just hurry up and get out. Last thing I need right now is a Karen episode in Walmart.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
The hard part is when the masks are mandated like where I'm at in Florida. You're required to have one to go into any store or they will refuse to. It's one thing to say well I'll just take my business elsewhere but when every business requires it you are hamstrung. I really hate it but I need to get groceries and go to Home Depot and I just hurry up and get out. Last thing I need right now is a Karen episode in Walmart.
Leftists from the Northeast like Michael Tracey (whose generally an ally and I like his stuff) don't understand why Southerners are so opposed to masks. Well, America has a tradition of civil liberties, that's why. If we're going to mask shame, we're basically freedom shaming. It makes a ton of sense to me that most people would oppose the mandates.

The mask order on its own doesn't bother me as long as there aren't other civil liberties being removed.
But the problem is, government is getting used to being allowed to make "emergency orders" that take away rights and impose restrictions.
There's already pushback. In Texas, bar owners are getting together to sue the governor. Litigation is going to basically be the main tool to fight the government on this stuff, I can't wait for that tsunami of court cases.

Northeasterners don't get it. They're so used to having their rights and freedoms taken away by their shitlib governments, they don't understand what's at stake.

You sound anti-capitalist.
Please re-read what I wrote and look at my profile. You are incorrect.

We've stopped shopping at any business participating in the mandate. Home Depot, grocery stores, doesn't matter.

Leftists from the Northeast like Michael Tracey (whose generally an ally and I like his stuff) don't understand why Southerners are so opposed to masks. Well, America has a tradition of civil liberties, that's why. If we're going to mask shame, we're basically freedom shaming. It makes a ton of sense to me that most people would oppose the mandates.

The mask order on its own doesn't bother me as long as there aren't other civil liberties being removed.
But the problem is, government is getting used to being allowed to make "emergency orders" that take away rights and impose restrictions.
There's already pushback. In Texas, bar owners are getting together to sue the governor. Litigation is going to basically be the main tool to fight the government on this stuff, I can't wait for that tsunami of court cases.

Northeasterners don't get it. They're so used to having their rights and freedoms taken away by their shitlib governments, they don't understand what's at stake.
Tell Karen to go f*ck herself (and give her some reading).

Wear the most outlandish mask you can get away with.

Man, you have to make a scene.

I make a scene here all the time, and there's nothing like a mandate.

We've stopped shopping at any business participating in the mandate. Home Depot, grocery stores, doesn't matter.
The point is when EVERY business mandates it it takes away your options. I have 4 places I buy groceries from. All mandate a mask or you will be denied entry. Period. So your options are wear the stupid mask for 10 minutes or starve.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
I don't really know what you believe, but you're obviously opposed to big business (am I wrong?). And what you wrote leads me to believe you're opposed to small business too because they "deplatform you" -- which is what an Antifa would say actually (because they want politics everywhere all the time), so you have that in common. And by virtue of opposing the stimulus, you're fine with small businesses dying because of government lockdowns, which kind of goes against your opposition to big businesses because Amazon will basically become the mono-economy in that scenario.

I dunno what the alternative is to massive bailouts for small businesses.
Not locking down, that could help.