Normies and coronavirus

Saying you have asthma might work, the next best thing is to put on something that shows you comply with the bullshit but doesn't impact your own breathing so much. I go with Buff scarfs made from marino wool for the warmest climate. They are the thinnest and most breathable. Compared to a mask i can breathe through the fabric almost as if it wasnt there. But wearing a medical mask is like trying to breathe through a plastic bag, its completely suffocating. You will know for the first minutes that its wrong to wear it, after that you will get used to having a lack of oxygen. Don't do it.

I already had one for outdoor activities before this scamdemic anyway, the brand is solid. Dont buy their new ''corona masks'' though that will certainly be as hard to breathe through as the medical masks. you can go in and out of places to get what you need with it. After getting in i just let the nose stick out out on top if they're near. And let it fall down when they're not around. So basically the bare minimum that gets them off your back, most will feel like too much of a complainer to correct people wearing the masks in wrong ways. you already showed you're willing to wear the mask at the start so they cant really tell if you are just another idiot or really a disbeliever.

View attachment 23972
Are we seriously discussing which anti-virus face covering is the most breathable???

Kurgan

Kingfisher
I'm sure this was said, but it's not really worth to talk about it to friends or family.

I walked with a friend recently outside and he mentioned he wasn't able to get out much. I agreed with him and he brings up how Corona would not go away until April or a vaccine is needed or Biden needs to get elected because of the federal response. He mentioned how the red states opened up too fast and we're paying the price for it. I listened to him and then offered the idea that the numbers may be fudged up to justify things or Governor Cuomo (I live in WNY) put COVID patients in nursing homes. He was silent and then switched the topic to vaccines and they would not come soon. He was never a fan of Trump to begin with.

He compares making vaccines to engineering work because of constant experimentation (He is an electrical engineer). I listened to him and didn't argue, it was interesting but I don't think he was paying attention that several companies are going through expedited trials now.

My brother-in-law, a moderate Democrat, was saying the same things. Both of them listen to mainstream news whereas I don't because I learned a long time ago the media lies to people constantly.

I'm not huge on the vaccines as I've been trying to get out into the sun and take multi-vitamins to keep myself healthy.

Sisyphus

Robin
People ought to lean into the bullshit further than they do and make them and the whole situation look ridiculous.
Break the spell by casting a spell of your own. Go the checkout with a plague mask, imagine if everyone started wearing these for the laugh, would piss of the powers to be to no end. Mockery is so powerful.

I strongly support wearing the plague mask as a form of mockery and resistance once it gets to the point where it's impossible to feed yourself without some sort of mask. Of course the subtlety will be lost on 99.999+% of the populous, but I think it's still worth it. My hope is that ultimately the plague mask will serve as a version of the Guy Fawkes mask for the skeptic/resistance movement.

Back in March I spent a lot of time educating myself thoroughly about the Black Death of the 1340's in order to ease my concerns and acquire some perspective. We'd be much better off if everyone were to do the same. The bubonic form of the plague had an estimated infected fatality rate of 85%! Compare that to the miniscule fraction of a percent IFR of the killer virus. The pneumonic form had a 95% IFR and supposedly you would have been best off contracting the septicemic version which had a 99%+ fatality rate because your death would have been very swift. When you'd wake up to find half of your village had died the previous night and dogs were picking at the corpses that your villagers didn't have enough time to bury more than a few inches below the surface, you wouldn't need a global media apparatus to make you aware that something was going on.

I've seen people (including some on this forum) attempt to draw some sort of parallel between the killer virus and the plague. A dishonest and fallacious tactic to say the least. That was a real pandemic that didn't discriminate on any basis, not a bad flu that picked off the obese, elderly, and diabetic.

I purchased a plague mask back in March and it's the only type of mask I'll wear once it becomes impossible to avoid it. The best part about it is that it doesn't actually cover my mouth or nose which further demonstrates the arbitrary and idiotic nature of this latest craze. Even so, Amazon had a note warning people against price gouging for this essential health item! As long as you have something on your face, the hysterical deluded masses will feel at ease. It doesn't matter if it actually does anything or not. It's the kind of thing where you're the only one in on the joke, but it's still satisfying (if not disturbing) to see how mindlessly and irrationally the programmed hordes react to their surroundings.

So I haven't been yelled at for not wearing a mask in two weeks or so. I think the tension has come down a bit.
Still in DC/MD, right?

I visited my parents in WA (not Seattle) and drove my Mom down to NorCal. She noticed that people in NorCal are a lot more paranoid about wearing masks. Me, I put on my game face (no mask, of course) to pay for gas in Palo Alto--in the heart of Stanford and Big Tech, mind!--and the cashier didn't even make a comment. Didn't even have to pull any exemption paperwork.

Sometimes I have nerve, sometimes I don't. I always have my silly cosplay mask (or a less silly scarf) to use in case I can't make my way in or if I lose my nerve.

To me, fighting this VirusRegime isn't so much about being "right" or trying to flex on liberals. I've already tried to argue with my very liberal family and it just led to acrimony and me lashing out. No. I want to set people free from Establishment-mandated self harm. It's not just the masks, it's the deliberate torpedoing of human society and the creation of an untouchables class who are demonized for not being motivated by the very satanic spirit of fear.

This morning I saw a mother and grandmother put a Disney-themed mask on a girl who couldn't have been more than five years old. It was a hot day too and this was outdoors. Outdoors! The mandate doesn't require outdoor masking! Seeing children in masks makes my heart sink and what makes me feel worse is that it's not my place to say anything.

There are days I wish I could surrender everything I have--my possessions, my reputation, my job, my freedom, even my very life--so that children would not be forced to participate in this diabolical farce.

Pendleton

Pigeon
Odd that I walk the streets in Japan without a mask, go into restaurants and cafes without a mask, and it never even occurs to me that someone would yell at me while you people in the USA - the "land of the free" - basically describe living in a totalitarian dystopia. There are certain places here that require masks - gyms, large stores - and they usually have staff standing at the entrance to enforce it but it doesn't have the undercurrent of hostility/violence that seems to exist in the US. Certainly I have never had non-staff ever try to force me to wear a mask.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Its strange here, that there were almost ZERO masks back in May. There were a lot of N95 being worn back in March, but by April even it was less.

Now, I see about 10% wearing them. Many staff have policy to wear them, but if you are on the street they are very few. But the beginning of July I noticed a significant uptick in them.

But there has not been too much anger at those who do not. I ran into a friend of mine today who was wearing one, and we chatted for a bit like the world is normal. We laughed, joked and wished each other a great long weekend.

Truthfully, masks never bothered me. I do not wear one now because I am fucker like that, but because I have lots of Japanese family and understand their philosophy of keeping others from your illness, I would wear a mask if I got sick in order to keep it from my family. This was always in my home, and if I was sick I would not go out. But now, these assholes have made masks into a bullshit political tool, so I am fully on board with team FUCK YOU. But no one cares here, so its all for naught.

Being Canada though, it could all change by some upstart politician wanting to make a name for themselves.

Its strange here, that there were almost ZERO masks back in May. There were a lot of N95 being worn back in March, but by April even it was less.

Now, I see about 10% wearing them. Many staff have policy to wear them, but if you are on the street they are very few. But the beginning of July I noticed a significant uptick in them.

But there has not been too much anger at those who do not. I ran into a friend of mine today who was wearing one, and we chatted for a bit like the world is normal. We laughed, joked and wished each other a great long weekend.

Truthfully, masks never bothered me. I do not wear one now because I am fucker like that, but because I have lots of Japanese family and understand their philosophy of keeping others from your illness, I would wear a mask if I got sick in order to keep it from my family. This was always in my home, and if I was sick I would not go out. But now, these assholes have made masks into a bullshit political tool, so I am fully on board with team FUCK YOU. But no one cares here, so its all for naught.

Being Canada though, it could all change by some upstart politician wanting to make a name for themselves.
Ok... BUT NO-ONE'S ILL!!!

Even the lying cunts at the WHO stated asymptotic transmission is 'rare' (coincidentally right after thousands of morons hit the streets to protest the staged assassination of a stranger... go figure).

Just how fucking dumb are these normies??