Normies and coronavirus

An0dyne

Robin
The strangest thing to me with "normies" is how many of them have buckled under this, people I considered actually normal, at least compared to your typical soy boy or feminazi. It seems as if people are simply going to cocoon themselves indefinitely. I think this is stemming from a failure to deal with mortality in a sensible way. And in spite of millennials claiming to have had it "hard" due to events like 9/11, the '08 collapse, etc., we haven't really had a global crisis of any magnitude that affects people's day-to-day lives to deal with. So this little blip of a thing sets every snowflake over the edge. It would be laughable if it wasn't so devastating financially.

I was just reading a thread on a pretty left-leaning group I'm a member of on FB where they're starting to concede that it's exceedingly rare for anyone who's not very old or otherwise in bad health to die from the virus. Now they're shifting to "it's not that it kills most people, the problem is that it does devastating long-term damage that will make you suffer for the rest of your life." I've heard that argument from time to time before, but everyone I've heard of who's gotten the virus recovered and seems to be fine now. Well, except one coworker's father-in-law who died from it, but the coworker was in his sixties, so I'm guessing his father-in-law was very elderly.

I still haven't personally met anyone who's had the virus, just heard from people I know who know someone who had it. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion or any more knowledge than me on the permanent health damage angle?
Some of my relatives had it. Mom, dad and two teenage kids. All four of them have since tested negative and are cleared to return to their normal lives. KIds and dad being asymptomatic the whole time, mom described her symptoms as a "nasty cold" but not the worst cold she's had. It's been about a month and a half since their initial positive tests and they've all fully recovered with no lingering problems.

sonoran_

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Last week at the gym: 1st day of mandatory masks in indoor places mandated by city law. A female employee was going around to make sure people were wearing masks properly when not excercising.

This week: I noticed an old geezer without a mask and then I look around and at least 40% of people had dropped them or didn't have it, at which point I also removed mine.

Take the gym pill.

The people who would even come to the gym during such a health "crisis" such as this are probably the most open minded people in society these days.
Cause I know others on the opposite spectrum, some of whom didn't leave their house for 3 months.

bucky

Pelican
Has anybody seen any predictions for the number of newly homeless we'll have in the US by the end of the year? I saw an article the other day, think it was predicting 25 million, but I can't find it now. If true, that alone would outbalance any benefit of saving 100k to 200k lives, mostly people who were going to die soon anyway.

perros

Woodpecker
I find it hilarious that you have many lawmakers in congress still arguing "these unemployed people are lazy, they need to get back to work". ITS A FREAKING PANDEMIC!!!! They were employed BEFORE COVID and were laid off due to the pandemic. The gall of these congress people who are completely out of touch from every day people.

An0dyne

Robin
Some of my relatives had it. Mom, dad and two teenage kids. All four of them have since tested negative and are cleared to return to their normal lives. KIds and dad being asymptomatic the whole time, mom described her symptoms as a "nasty cold" but not the worst cold she's had. It's been about a month and a half since their initial positive tests and they've all fully recovered with no lingering problems.
From what I've read, the "positive" reading on the swab test could come from any type of coronavirus, including the common cold, not just COVID-19. What is more probable, that the mother had a common cold, which her family's immune systems were able to fend off, or that they all had the china flu?

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
I find it hilarious that you have many lawmakers in congress still arguing "these unemployed people are lazy, they need to get back to work". ITS A FREAKING PANDEMIC!!!! They were employed BEFORE COVID and were laid off due to the pandemic. The gall of these congress people who are completely out of touch from every day people.
Considering that the government crashed the economy (the shutdown crashed it, not the virus like they will claim) and the banks and megacorps have been handed at a minimum around 6 trillion dollars, I say make the payment an even $1000. I see no reason not to, because there is no way they can justify the much, much larger handout to oligarchs.

Reactions: kel
From what I've read, the "positive" reading on the swab test could come from any type of coronavirus, including the common cold, not just COVID-19. What is more probable, that the mother had a common cold, which her family's immune systems were able to fend off, or that they all had the china flu?
Very likely just standard sniffles. I don't question them or pry into their lives about it out of courtesy. The mother was exposed at work and had to comply with her employer's policy of quarantine and testing. They're not the type to toot their horns about it or play the sympathy card. They didn't even announce it to extended family until after they were cleared negative. I haven't had a chance to talk to them in depth about it, nor will I unless they bring it up. They were skeptical of the whole thing initially, and I doubt their diagnosis changed their minds on that. Based people, would fit in with the likes of us on the forum.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
This compilation of Karen-freakouts is frightening:

I know that the elite have been using women for a long time already - even back during WW1 where women were shaming fathers into joining a stupid war that essentially amounted to officers sending young men and young fathers into machine gun fire while advancing a football field back and forth for years. And that was even during a time when there was some strong patriarchal hand left.

ABeast

Robin
I know that the elite have been using women for a long time already - even back during WW1 where women were shaming fathers into joining a stupid war that essentially amounted to officers sending young men and young fathers into machine gun fire while advancing a football field back and forth for years. And that was even during a time when there was some strong patriarchal hand left.
It goes as far back as history. "A mother's tears are worth a thousand spears" was a Greek saying to deride women who wept as the men went off to war. They were expected to display stoicism so that the men wouldn't be thinking about their crying face before going into battle and lose their nerve. I was actually just listening to the Jolly Heretic discuss how women are selected to be obedient since patriarchy is the best way for group cohesion to exist and hence group selection prefers women who go along with authority. This has become a major downside for Western Civ though since (extra) predatory elites took over. Dutton, of course, blames the industrial revolution and spiteful mutations being allowed to thrive. Check it out: https://www.bitchute.com/video/iVs4LpysvUPn/

paninaro

Kingfisher
Has anybody seen any predictions for the number of newly homeless we'll have in the US by the end of the year? I saw an article the other day, think it was predicting 25 million, but I can't find it now. If true, that alone would outbalance any benefit of saving 100k to 200k lives, mostly people who were going to die soon anyway.
There's about 130 million households (households can have more than one inhabitant.. like a family for example) in the US, and there are about 16 million unemployed, but you can have a household where one person is unemployed while the other is working. I think 25 million is a stretch. We will see an uptick once the eviction moratorium is over, but I think some landlords will negotiate lower rent just to keep the place occupied.

As for the people dying, a lot of those people lived in nursing homes anyway, so I don't think more nursing home residents dying will do much to address the homeless problem. Homeless people tend to be younger than nursing-home age.

RomikJan

Sparrow
Recently a woman friend of the family was telling me how she got the mob to gang up on her at starbucks . She said she ordered from an african american barista who made the coffee but just kept texting. Finally my friend asked excuse me can i have my coffee, barista kept texting. She asked one more time, finally 2 other woman were like excuse me bitch, you cant talk to her like that? My friebd appalled said talk like what i just want the coffee i paid for, another nurse in uniform with blue uniform they wear joins in and calls her a bitch as well. I told her she should have just left because the longer she was in there the bigger the mob grew. She said in the end it was 7 white woman total , who kept calling her racist and a bitch and some punk rock looking thing was threatning to bash her face in. Roosh was right woman have completely started loosing their mind. I have never seen them behave this way ever, baffled how these girls all the sudden act like they are in bloods and crips and act all tough.

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
^Man, that's too bad. I'm happy your friend didn't get hurt or have coffee thrown on her. That would be kind of crazy during 'normal' times, but right now a lot of people are feeling fear & anger & the mob mentality of us vs them is strong. Between masks, lockdowns, riots, & maybe fears about their jobs/markets, people are feeling bottled up & are looking for an excuse to vent.

It makes sense that people are a lot more confrontational recently. Most are convinced they're 'right' & that the situation is life & death. Doesn't help that everything become political either.

On my end, I'm anti-mask & think Covid is a joke, but I have decided to be very polite should anything come up (luckily things are pretty chill where I'm at). It would be easy & gratifying to make a scene, but I don't think that's the mature or charitable thing to do. Better to be understanding about how 'on edge' a lot of people are & work around that.

andy dufresne

Woodpecker
I was just reading a thread on a pretty left-leaning group I'm a member of on FB where they're starting to concede that it's exceedingly rare for anyone who's not very old or otherwise in bad health to die from the virus. Now they're shifting to "it's not that it kills most people, the problem is that it does devastating long-term damage that will make you suffer for the rest of your life." I've heard that argument from time to time before, but everyone I've heard of who's gotten the virus recovered and seems to be fine now. Well, except one coworker's father-in-law who died from it, but the coworker was in his sixties, so I'm guessing his father-in-law was very elderly.

I still haven't personally met anyone who's had the virus, just heard from people I know who know someone who had it. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion or any more knowledge than me on the permanent health damage angle?
This 'Virus' variant has been in the US since at least November. The damage angle is the same as the 'asymptomatic' angle. All utter bullshit.

You want to see what truly utter Bullshit is? Go here:

https://covidgraph.com/

Scroll down until you see the dashboards with symptoms. You see three countries. Each country has ENTIRELY different reported symptoms. So basically we have 3 different 'coronaviruses' in 3 different countries. They are very cleverly taking the flu/cold for each country and turning it into Covid-19. So this fall when people start coughing in doesn't matter what diseases it is it will be labeled covid-19.

Normies deserve their Gates Culler Vaccines.

bucky

Pelican
This 'Virus' variant has been in the US since at least November. The damage angle is the same as the 'asymptomatic' angle. All utter bullshit.

You want to see what truly utter Bullshit is? Go here:

https://covidgraph.com/

Scroll down until you see the dashboards with symptoms. You see three countries. Each country has ENTIRELY different reported symptoms. So basically we have 3 different 'coronaviruses' in 3 different countries. They are very cleverly taking the flu/cold for each country and turning it into Covid-19. So this fall when people start coughing in doesn't matter what diseases it is it will be labeled covid-19.

Normies deserve their Gates Culler Vaccines.
I don't doubt it. I'm amazed at what most people will believe just because the TV says it's true. Like I said above, everyone here in the US is running around in panic mode without the slightest evidence that we've got a problem, and our trusty Anglo-Saxon cousins in Canada, Australia, and the UK are egging them on online about "the obvious disaster" we have going on that, somehow, they can see better than me when I'm actually here on the ground.

Kurgan

Kingfisher
For anyone who is in the US, do you find it hard to talk to normies when it comes to the way the US handled this pandemic? Most of my friends just seem to blame the President (they never liked him to begin with) and think the President should act like some superhero. It's more of how states handle it. People always talk about how other countries did well but the US isn't like other countries.

That's not how government works but somehow they ignore the Democratic governors who put COVID-positive patients in nursing homes and killing a lot of people. That doesn't seem to raise an eyebrow to them. Some of them are hyper partisan and think Democrats can do no wrong.

Here in NY, gyms are suing the Governor because they were left out of the reopening (this happened to movie theaters too) and weren't given guidance. I know it's also happening in Michigan and California.

It seems that some companies are staying remote until a vaccine comes out.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I was talking with a guy yesterday who's a trained hypnotist.

He was explaining how once you've 'inducted' (hypnotized) someone, you can simply take them deeper and deeper, like from believing their hands are glued to barking like a dog...

And once you've got someone hypnotized, only the person who hypnotized them can break the spell.

He reckons that's what's happened to normies on a mass scale.

That explains why madonna can pull shit like this and no-one says boo [5:00];

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I just went to a print shop to print my medical insurance for a visa thing...

As soon as she saw I was a foreigner she put her mask on, so I told her I'd just been diagnosed with the 'rona and was flying home for medical treatment.

I then emailed her the docs, subject line; 'medical insurance (NO CORONA)' and coughed all over the place when I went back.

I hope she'll have more faith in her immune system come 14 days.