Normies and coronavirus

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Given that 7 Million people annually are said to die from the effects smoking, about three Million from obesity (hello, cat ladies!), and many more from a lack of exercise, excess sugar, excessive alcohol, and many, many other dangers of the modern, oversaturated world, I treat the Coronavirus as a lesser threat.

I do not deny its existence or threat to some people, but any person who smokes, doesn't exercise, and is overweight could literally improve his changes of long term survival infinitely more than by following any of the guidelines because of the virus. In fact, that person could completely ignore them, like I do.

I am torn between saying something and keeping my mouth shut on social media. I only use facebook as an all-you-can-see platform outside of messaging apps, and 80% of my contacts are sheepy, submissive, socially awkward millennial normies that every dictator would wish to rule over if it weren't for their rather unimpressive physical abilities making them unfit for any sort of military conscription.

And its not that I hate them. Many of them are actually decent people. Their flaw is cowardice, not maliciousness, and sometimes I find myself taking comfort in being among them, with their light-hearted predictability, their reliability of being part of a uniform crowd.

The world is not perfect, and I have long ago come to terms with the fact that 80% of the people will always follow the herd. I can not blame the sheep for following the shepherd, even if he turns out to be a butcher.

But then again, it says the dumbest sheep is the one that follows the butcher to the slaughterhouse, and I start thinking. I find myself drafting long, thoughtful posts, only to hesitate in the last moment, because I realise that even if I am right, it might only have negative consequences. I haven't made up my mind though.

People dont like to be lectured by their "peers". It triggers their insecurities and defense mechanism. They will however defer to the "experts"

A better way is to ask poignant strategic questions and turn it around on them. For example:

"Why did Dr Fauci say in March that wearing masks if youre healthy but now we're supposed to all wear them. Was he wrong then? How do we know he's not wrong now?"

Insert 60 Min clip

Or say "Hey did you Dr Fauci says healthy people dont need to wear face masks. Im not wearing one and Im fine. Why are you?"

Insert 60 Min clip

fokm

Sparrow
You can share news against it as long as there's hand-wringing to accompany it.

For example...share the lockdown news about Georgia not having new cases and say "This is crazy. They're obviously under-reporting cases!
You have to use their own logic against them.

In this case, they are stating that the state of Georgia is lying. Get them to admit that -- they think Georgia is lying.

Then ask, if Georgia is capable of lying, how come <state we're in> isn't?

I believe that my state is greatly misrepresenting their charts and graphs for this pandemic, and I point out why, and the response from relatives was, "Why would state officials knowingly lie?" I was not immediate party to this, but had I been, I would say, "Why would police shoot an innocent man?"

None so blind as he who shall not see.

As we go deeper into the bullshit, I think there's going to be two classes of people. The untermensch and normal people. The untermensch will continue to walk on eggshells everywhere they go, believing what they're told, doing as they're told, and generally shitting themselves. Meanwhile, normal people will adapt just enough to be able to function, but otherwise behave as normally as they can, doing as they please as much as possible, and somehow creating a situation where they are able to get away with doing their own thing and living normally and being left alone by the untermensch. The two will live in separate universes.

Last edited:

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
Given that 7 Million people annually are said to die from the effects smoking, about three Million from obesity (hello, cat ladies!), and many more from a lack of exercise, excess sugar, excessive alcohol, and many, many other dangers of the modern, oversaturated world, I treat the Coronavirus as a lesser threat.

I do not deny its existence or threat to some people, but any person who smokes, doesn't exercise, and is overweight could literally improve his changes of long term survival infinitely more than by following any of the guidelines because of the virus. In fact, that person could completely ignore them, like I do.

I am torn between saying something and keeping my mouth shut on social media. I only use facebook as an all-you-can-see platform outside of messaging apps, and 80% of my contacts are sheepy, submissive, socially awkward millennial normies that every dictator would wish to rule over if it weren't for their rather unimpressive physical abilities making them unfit for any sort of military conscription.

And its not that I hate them. Many of them are actually decent people. Their flaw is cowardice, not maliciousness, and sometimes I find myself taking comfort in being among them, with their light-hearted predictability, their reliability of being part of a uniform crowd.

The world is not perfect, and I have long ago come to terms with the fact that 80% of the people will always follow the herd. I can not blame the sheep for following the shepherd, even if he turns out to be a butcher.

But then again, it says the dumbest sheep is the one that follows the butcher to the slaughterhouse, and I start thinking. I find myself drafting long, thoughtful posts, only to hesitate in the last moment, because I realise that even if I am right, it might only have negative consequences. I haven't made up my mind though.
I totally agree, especially when it comes to social media.

I have an overweight friend from high school I've stayed friends with on Facebook. He had a heart attack a few years ago and is in the worst shape of almost anyone I could imagine.

A few days ago, he posted this ridiculously "scolding" message complaining that...people were going to the beach. I wanted to reply and say that the outdoors is healthy and safe and getting some Vitamin D from the sun helps ward off such viruses.

But I decided not to even post anything because it would have meant inserting myself in his drama -- which included a lot annoying posts by ill-informed fat old people. It's not worth the trouble. I'm there to observe. Let the ignorant stay ignorant. Let he and his pudgy girlfriend stay home and gorge themselves on scones. I don't care.

I tell people I'm a lockdown skeptic, and don't go into it any farther than that. They usually say they think we still need to go slow reopening, and I leave it at that.

I've argued a few times on the internet, but haven't really done so in person.

I would drop the subject if they insisted on pushing the issue.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
Reject fostering heightened spiritual dysfunction in others to the best of your ability. This is something I struggle with myself. Thinking I'm "fighting the good fight" when in reality I'm just fighting for no gain whatsoever, and since conflict is a spiritual loss to begin with then put simply everyone loses.

Victory begins with compassion for the one in error. Perhaps you can subjugate someone with brute force but it's a pyrrhic victory at best. Any benefits it gains are far outweighed by the degree to which they feed the beast.
Well said. It's simply not worth the time. You can take that time, however small, and use it more productively.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
The simplest and quickest gateway into someone's subroutines is when they say something incorrect reply "I used to believe that too" (hopefully that's not a lie).

If someone is open in the slightest to the mere possibility that they're wrong then their curiosity will probably get the better of them and they'll ask something to the effect of "what changed your mind?" By this mechanism their ego's defenses against new information are lowered.

"I used to believe that too" is powerful because:
1) It builds the premise that "we are the same, you and I" enough to establish that you are not a hostile outsider
2) It establishes that you see yourself as fallible and therefore not egotistically motivated. Your counsel is therefore safe and unthreatening.
3) Many people are scared of being behind the curve. If there is a natural progression to their understanding of the subject matter they will want to get up to speed ASAP. They don't think themselves idiots, therefore if you were where they are now, and now you're further ahead, then they will want to get to where you are by default.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Great point. I'll add to that the Stephen Covey rule of "seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood." Make sure they feel 100% heard first. Make them feel you have completely understood their point and where they're coming from and empathize with it.

Because otherwise the moment you disagree with them, they will think "you don't understand me" and tall walls come up quick.

Easier said than done, of course. But that's the ticket.

I believe that my state is greatly misrepresenting their charts and graphs for this pandemic, and I point out why, and the response from relatives was, "Why would state officials knowingly lie?" I was not immediate party to this, but had I been, I would say, "Why would police shoot an innocent man?"
Such silly logic from NPCs/normies that I keep hearing over and over(from Anglos). Same with what's the motive for people to do something bad or that a conspiracy can't exist without being exposed.

It's irrelevant what the motive is(in the context of deciding whether or not state officials lie). Just debate the facts on whether or not they are.

It's like a self-centered/low empathy NPC/normie logic. That they cannot believe other people are different and would do things for reasons unknown to them.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
There's an irony about masks and re-breathing dead air.

People in a state of psychological duress tend to take short, shallow breaths. If you're the kind of person so paranoid about CV that you wear a mask in your car you are also the kind of person in a psychological state that will cause you to practice shallow breathing. With a mask on this is a serious problem because you're just pulling the dead air back in instead of mixing it with fresh air. People unaccustomed to mask use tend to associate the smell/taste of fresh air with a failure of the mask to "keep the bad outside air out". Combined with a lack of general fitness, a sitting position in a car and a lack of natural air travel (use the vents!? are you crazy?!?!) and it's not surprising that people are literally passing out in their cars.

When was the last time you saw mask usage instructions that finished with "take deep breaths and let the filter do its job."

Cristiano

Why was this guy so mentally disturbed by interrupted signal on his radio? Calm down, use the aux cable and do your thing. Or maybe, don't forget your phone next time.

Thank you,
God bless.

There's an irony about masks and re-breathing dead air.

People in a state of psychological duress tend to take short, shallow breaths. If you're the kind of person so paranoid about CV that you wear a mask in your car you are also the kind of person in a psychological state that will cause you to practice shallow breathing. With a mask on this is a serious problem because you're just pulling the dead air back in instead of mixing it with fresh air. People unaccustomed to mask use tend to associate the smell/taste of fresh air with a failure of the mask to "keep the bad outside air out". Combined with a lack of general fitness, a sitting position in a car and a lack of natural air travel (use the vents!? are you crazy?!?!) and it's not surprising that people are literally passing out in their cars.

When was the last time you saw mask usage instructions that finished with "take deep breaths and let the filter do its job."
A good analogy to tell people is that it's like puking, then eating the puke, then puking it out again, and so on. You could also make up some shit about people fainting and getting run over or falling off places, or developing asthma or getting panic attacks. I'm sure there's a name for when you keep breathing in used air, you could mention that. Hopefully all of this will make some people so paranoid that they'll want to get rid of that mask quick. You could say that even surgeons avoid wearing them for longer than absolutely necessary as the reduced oxygen impedes concentration. I don't think it's very hard to make mask wearing sound horrible and unappealing.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Best to keep the message positive. Replacing one fear with another is counterproductive. If you see someone in a mask looking like they're tripping to a dark place on oxygen deprivation then be nice.