Normies and coronavirus

Mojambo

Pigeon
Wrong forum, this is not swooptheworld.

I clicked on his link and it was a 404 page. Go figure. Judging by the URL it points to a chart which most people have no idea how to interpret and already contains bad data based on a faulty test.

I will gladly consider going back to "participating in measures" if it actually makes logical sense to do so. But those that keep demanding my participation have still, after eight months, not objectively addressed any of the dozens of unanswered questions pointing to its lack of necessity and have always resorted to ad hominem attacks and anecdotes instead, like "Mickey-AntiEchoChamber" (incredibly ironic username).

Such appeals to emotion only convince the simple-minded, and all of those people are already on the "wear a mask", "stay home", "shut it down" side, succumbing to peer pressure and mob mentality. They dish out that same peer pressure on to others so that they can convince themselves they are on the "right side", the side of the majority, logic and facts be damned.

Edited to add this video to illustrate the peer pressure/mob mentality sans logic/facts phenomenon:

Last edited:

Mojambo

Pigeon
There was a dude on this forum in the spring that said he knew 10 people who died from the Virus. I had fun calling him out on it. Wonder where he went.

Probably that Doubting Thomas guy that flouts his "credentials", just providing a bunch of anecdotes that he tries to extrapolate to the rest of the world. Maybe if his hospital and his incompetent colleagues didn't kill so many people unnecessarily with vents we wouldn't have this second wave of fear.

barrythecyborg

Kingfisher
I'm having fun at the moment as a civilian enforcer.

I stop anyone not wearing a mask and tell them they have to wear one, even though I almost never have.

I just went to the print shop to get 'Go [email protected]#$ Yourself' printed on a mask.

They said they couldn't do it, so I bought a black marker and scrawled it on in front of the woman.

She agreed that it will still stop the virus.

Update; that dumb bish just refused to print any more flyers.

I guess she genuinely believes that if she's good and wears a mask they'll let her enjoy christmas.

Ahhhh... bless her.

Easy_C

Peacock
Probably that Doubting Thomas guy that flouts his "credentials", just providing a bunch of anecdotes that he tries to extrapolate to the rest of the world. Maybe if his hospital and his incompetent colleagues didn't kill so many people unnecessarily with vents we wouldn't have this second wave of fear.
Our local hospital system is actually doing pretty well in spite of a massively grey population precisely because we do NOT ventilate. They use a less invasive method of oxygen supplementation that’s got significantly better results. There is some noticeable additional strain on capacity Because they had to open another wars and a lot of nurses are putting in long hours, but it’s nowhere near the apocalypse that regional news is claiming it is.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Our local hospital system is actually doing pretty well in spite of a massively grey population precisely because we do NOT ventilate. They use a less invasive method of oxygen supplementation that’s got significantly better results. There is some noticeable additional strain on capacity Because they had to open another wars and a lot of nurses are putting in long hours, but it’s nowhere near the apocalypse that regional news is claiming it is.
My state is pushing tons of new cases. 20 people in the entire state are hospitalized. 20 people out of 650k. And I'm sure they're all from nursing homes.

Un-f-in-real.

HighTower

Robin
The main positive from the jew flu is there has been nobody dying of old age since March. I asked my buddies wife, a nurse, who knows everything apparently so I posed a question: is it medically/biologically possible to have a cold and a flu at the same time? She did not like the question very much as it took her out of her comfort zone. The amazing part for me was how she should have realized how little she really understands but went the other way; it's easier I suppose.

Then she proceeded to play doctor and advise me that my son has asthma, which he does not. With medical professionals like this I'm surprised anyone dies...

aynrus

Kingfisher
The medical establishment is the enemy now just like the media establishment and the political establishment.

I know 3 people who died of corona by suicide this year. Know 0 who died of corona by virus this year.

These hoaxers will be facing tribunals.

Tribunals for crimes against humanity is what they need. Unfortunately their tribunals might only happen in the afterlife, like with many of these types who strive among evil.

Easy_C

Peacock
I will backtrack on something:

Ive been using Discord and the like to test out the “hypocrisy” angle.

It works MUCH better than expected. It doesn’t get people to openly sus the narrative, but it DOES get them angry and distrustful of the political leaders who are caught breaking their own rules.

I suspect it’s because they’ve overdone the “You’re killing grandma and a bad person. Period.” narrative to such a degree that no exceptions can be made. And now when you show them a picture of some Dem politician or lockdown advocate breaking those rules shows up they feel like this person is literally KILLING PEOPLE and get mad. Meanwhile the people in these groups who are usually the biggest bootlickers get very, very, quiet.

My thesis: Normally they have an out for hypocrisy (“Were so good we NEED to break the rules!”) but this narrative is so incredibly aggressive that it doesn’t leave much room for any out AND that politicians not wearing masks is bad because it discourages others from wearing masks. That was designed to get Trump but backfires very easily. Some lefties were PISSED at Gavin Newsome over that picture.

That’s a start. Once you break the adulation of authority then the mental door is open for a lot of other verboten ideas.

Jünger

Pelican
Our remote campus getaway overlooks the beautiful Lake Texoma, with direct water access and a private boathouse in the marina

paninaro

Kingfisher
Update; that dumb bish just refused to print any more flyers.

I guess she genuinely believes that if she's good and wears a mask they'll let her enjoy christmas.

Ahhhh... bless her.

Solution: avoid talking to her. At my print shop, they have high-speed printers that are self-service. You just plug in a USB stick, select your PDF, and print away. Also another print shop I use and you can do it all on their website, then go to pick up the order once it's completed.

Very insightful clip where Jordan Peterson talks about the effects of the prevalence of infectious diseases on the population's tolerance towards authoritarian regimes. This was recorded several years before Corona, and looking at the way many people pathologically submit to their government to intrude in their lifes, it makes a lot of sense.

The difference between those who submit and those who don't is a question of character. There are many sheep but only few shepards.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I have been thinking more and more about "right leaning" normies recently. I spent an evening with a friend and his wife and they were very curious to know my opinions on these things.

There is a desire to remain neutral through the whole thing. Even though they might be against the mask protocols or hate the changes being implemented, they are hoping it will blow over by next summer and things will return back to normal. Until then they want to keep their job, keep their friends, and muddle through this situation. There is a fear of the virus, and there is a desire to respect those that are afraid.

Putting your financial health on the line seems to be a major sticking point for everyone. Whether you are an employee working at a corporation towing the line, or a business owner worried about being shut down for not following some draconian corona regulation - until people are able to take some level of financial risk, to be seen in public pushing back against these laws, they are totally useless in the fight.

There is a fear of being socially and financially ostracized for being against the 'measures'. Many of us are already part way down this road, and we know, that if we aren't able to convince normies, we will be isolated and ostracized.

I figured those who don't wear a mask where it is recommended or mandatory are pretty good guys overall. They don't buy into the hoax or at least not into the paranoia. It is the best filter to find useful acquaintances, good friends, and potential girlfriends/wives. There is inner strength from those resisting what normies do. The more pozzed the city, the stronger the character. These people tend to come from a tougher environment or endured a great suffering one point in their lives.

The masks are a curse and a blessing at the same time. On one hand, the oxygen deficiency damages your organs long term, one looks like a slave with no identity, and social interaction has as much meaning as a phone call, on the other hand it filters all those out who were in the know from the beginning of the coronacircus. As of yet, I met only three who don't comply, and don't regret a minute I spent with them.

Justin C

Pigeon
Amazing how quickly the country turned into Stasi Germany. People coutning churchgoers in order to denounce and call the cops on them. And we all know that they would not dare doing it against a mosque or synagogue. It's mainly christians who can feel the entire ire of the npc brainwashing.
Haha that's my town! Pretty surreal to see that when I was just lurking the thread.
I've never been to that Church, but I will have a visit to ask them what the result of getting put on blast like that was.

Chains of Peter

Woodpecker
I'm sick and tired of trying to convince the sheeple. Unfortunately, that includes my parents. They're threatening not to visit me for Christmas because I'm "always" "angry" about Coofid-1984.

I just don't see how anyone can NOT be angry about this s___show. I don't see how anyone can accept the new normal as normal.