Normies and coronavirus

AntoniusofEfa

Woodpecker
Ironically the longer it goes on as a non-event the more desperately many will cling to the idea that it's a big problem and we need to lock down harder because the alternative is to accept that their hysteria has permanently changed life - decimated their cities, destroyed livelihoods, will kill millions over the years with secondary effects, was a huge upwards transfer of wealth - all for absolutely nothing. Their minds can't handle that, the idea that I did that, me, the Good Liberal. Nothing I did could ever do that! It's not possible!

They're effectively hoping for a big mass death to justify their hysteria post facto. The alternative - that they're selfish disgusting NPCs - is simply too much for their minds to accept. The cognitive dissonance is too much.

That's why I keep saying we need to find a way to let people off the hook. It sucks, you'll want to hold people's feet to the fire for what they've done, but as long as that's the case the normies just won't be able to let things go. They need an out, they need an excuse, they need to be able to say "Okay, lockdown was a huge clusterfuck, but that's not my fault, that was the the man, I'm just a victim!". Sucks, but if we ever want life to return we have to offer that get out of jail free card to normies at large.
Why let them off the hook?

They have to see in their own eyes the devastation that they caused. If anything, 2020 showed me that the normies are indeed a danger, and cannot be ignored. They are the ones who will happily push me under the bus, vote to take my land away, increase taxation to "help the women and children", and install a Draconian dictatorship, ignoring any form of civil liberties or protest.

You are DELUSIONAL (and I had to capitalize this) if you think that there is any way to get back to "the old life". Unless you live in one of the few free states, your gym is not going to re-open, the restaurants are going to stay "take away only" for a long while. Your cash is going to become more useless with each passing year.

There is nothing to go back to. And at least here in West Europe, the real layoff wave has not even started, since everything was bailed out. In the US, the zombie companies still have free credit to bankroll their debt. It has just started.

Feyoder

Kingfisher
My LTRs sister, a middle manager with a decent STEM degree but a BS job (some sort of project coordinator in a state run company) came in to visit her mother for Christmas wearing a mask indoors, with the claim that she "does not want to get infected".

She is afraid to stay one more day in quarantine with her kids at home. I also heard about LTRs friends coming together for Christmas with their families, and spending it outside, in the freezing winds of rural East Germany, to "not get infected".

Normies are so lost. People I was looking up to and respecting have just thrown all logic out of the window. These are people with Medical and technical higher education qualifications.

I know the ideal Christmas gift for her: A full clown kit. Make up, everything. Help her express the inside outside.

MtnMan

Woodpecker
Ok boys, I have seen what I would like to call "peak clown" here in Vermont. Sadly, I know this is not peak clown, because I know the clowning will continue to progress....

I was driving through my small town in a fairly rural part of Vermont. There were two women walking outside, pushing baby carriages. Each woman had a child that was around 6-9 months old.......Both women had masks (outside, remember)......and both BABIES WERE WEARING MASKS.

I was riding with my father and we both saw the scene at the same time and both let out a guttural sigh. Seriously, there is no limit to the clown. Putting a wet diaper on your 6 month old while walking outside in the winter. Insanity.

Sorry for complaining, It doesn't really do any good, but sometimes you have to get this stuff off your chest.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
Took the kids sledding this weekend. Had a couple of parents remark to me, "Happy 2021!"

I asked, "What's different?"

"It's not 2020".

As if the digits in the year is what matters most.

I didn't have the heart to ask them what is different in you life since you call it 2021 now? Since they were just looking for reprieve with their children and didn't want to ruin it for them.

Reminds me of the people who are extremely offended by flag burning, but not the losing the rights and freedoms that the flag represents.

Parabola

Sparrow
One observation I had whilst being out and about over the Christmas and New Year period is that in my area there is practically 100% mask compliance in shops and other areas that request it, yet practically 0% compliance anywhere else. Most people I know visited their families and mixed with others as well.

All I can draw from this is that nobody is actually doing any of this stuff out of genuine concern about the virus, but just complying because they're told to. In a way it disheartens me more that everybody will go along with something that they all know is nonsense.

Pelagius

Robin
Just seen a post on facebook from some moroness BRAGGING about getting her second shot, complete with photo of card.

The congratulatory comments made me feel sick.

I guess something we'll see a lot more of.

Beam me up.
They are also a long way done from using owned pawns of the celebrity world to endorse the vaccine. The same will be with the HealthPass.

RomikJan

Sparrow
Normies think the oligarchs after a few years once this "dies down" are going to go around removing those QR covid passport scanners that'll be in every airport around the globe, sporting events , concerts , etc.. ya theyll jyst one day knock em all down we dont need em anymore, all that money we spent setting it up was to keep you safe HAAAA. You gotta be braindead if you think they will go around destroying these. They are here to stay. The oligarchs dont go backwards once they implement a rule. Remember when one guy tried lighting his shoe on fire and we have been taking our shoes off for 20 years now. Did they ever go backwards and say you dont need to do this anymore? Normies are so cute and funny and utterly braindead.

This is how I deal with Normies:

Human beings, like most mammals, have been designed by nature to live in societies. Group think is an incredibly important survival tool. Think thousands of years ago when we were hunting wild animals and every man had to be on spot with each other. An alpha ran the small society and everyone thought alike.

In times past in civilized societies, lets take a small town in North Carolina in 1930 for example, imagine someone going to Sunday Church and saying "Lol yall are dumb this is fake news". He would be banished and run out of town, and rightfully so. For normies MSM is now their religion. Fauci is a God because he runs the CDC.

I will never be able to change them. I am the one who is different because I think independently. I just realize their programming and consider it is not their fault. By WWJD logic try to do my best to salvage relationships.

Last edited:
This is how I deal with Normies:

Human beings, like most mammals, have been designed by nature to live in societies. Group think is an incredibly important survival tool. Think thousands of years ago when we were hunting wild animals and every man had to be on spot with each other. An alpha ran the small society and everyone thought alike.

In times past in civilized societies, lets take a small town in North Carolina in 1930 for example, imagine someone going to Sunday Church and saying "Lol yall are dumb this is fake news". He would be banished and run out of town, and rightfully so. For normies MSM is now their religion. Fauci is a God because he runs the CDC.

I will never change them. I am the one who is different because I think independently. I just realize their programming and consider it is not their fault. WWJD logic I guess to do my best to salvage relationships.
I suspect this is mostly untrue. Groupthink has it's place but being right would probably be an even more important survival tool. Imagine your alpha or group hunted in a shitty way. How unnecessarily have you fucked yourself/your genes/your bloodline over?

It seems more likely to me that this massive NPCness would be related to Operation Mockingbird type psyops.

I suspect this is mostly untrue. Groupthink has it's place but being right would probably be an even more important survival tool. Imagine your alpha or group hunted in a shitty way. How unnecessarily have you fucked yourself/your genes/your bloodline over?

It seems more likely to me that this massive NPCness would be related to Operation Mockingbird type psyops.

Yes but it didn't start with Operation Mockingbird it started with the dawn of civilization. For thousands of years there has been fake news. The average human being is easily manipulated if its safety is threatened by authorities because it increases its chance of survival.

My point is if you want to be able to shrug off your internal discourse because you choose to think for yourself - it is because most people naturally do not want to do so themselves. Seems 80/20 % to me.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
While it's not my first choice, when I go in public I wear the face diaper, and not because I am scared of getting sick.

I’m usually out with my children, and if someone approached me and became aggressive, I wouldn’t have any other option but to protect myself or my family with lethal force.

We wait until the last minute to mask up, and the masks come off as soon as we leave wherever we are.

With the chaos and unknown future at hand, people are scared and anxious, and I get that. But with that mindset comes drastic reactions, and I’m not one to take risks regarding others behaviors.

Yes but it didn't start with Operation Mockingbird it started with the dawn of civilization. For thousands of years there has been fake news. The average human being is easily manipulated if its safety is threatened by authorities because it increases its chance of survival.

My point is if you want to be able to shrug off your internal discourse because you choose to think for yourself - it is because most people naturally do not want to do so themselves. Seems 80/20 % to me.
What makes you believe groupthink started with the dawn of civilisation? I think people are easily manipulated, but likely wasn't always true. In fact, the punish to being manipulated and following groupthink is much lower than it has always been. When survival is at stake, you can't afford to be wrong, regardless of what "society" says.