Normies and coronavirus

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I experienced something even more sad and frightening the other day. My roommate has been staunchly opposed to getting the vaccine from day 1. He has been a pariah amongst his family for months now because of this stance. We even attended an anti-lockdown protest together.

But yesterday he booked an appointment for the vaxx. Why? Because in my jurisdiction there is a domestic covid passport coming later this month and an international travel passport after that.
Sad to say this but you have to let him go. In the sense that you have to accept what he did. This trial is going to be for the rest of our lives. If people have doubt now whether they can endure, they will cuck in months or years and will not endure to the end.
I don't know if this is the actual Beast of Revelation, but it is certainly within the spirit of the Beast. Too many Christians have become convicted by the Holy Spirit that there is something very, very wrong about taking the vaccine. For one, it's not even a vaccine. We are at a point where it is becoming very, very clear that a very clear, black-and-white choice is being presented to us all. Worship God. Or bow and cower before the greatest spirit of deceit, the spirit of the Beast, the prince of the air and this world, he who goes by the name of Satan. It is to stand for truth or to bow to lies and allow deception to rule over you.
Once our conscience understands that something is really wrong here, it won't rest. When we see the truth, we can't unsee it. That's both a gift and a burden we have to carry for the rest of our lives, as we face the normies who will increase in hate as they lose their material comfort and are set up against us increasingly by the regime and the entire institutional system.
I have 2 friends that were both vocal, unashamed Trump supporters in 2016. Both were very non-PC, race realist types in the past. Both got married since then.

One of them, I shit you not, is now a SJW that parrots woke talking points and mainstream media word for word. The other has substantially tempered his views, won’t openly praise Trump, and says conservative media is “biased” while getting his news from mainstream. He got vaccinated, and while he’ll sort of smile and nod his head when I bitch about masks and lockdowns, he still seems to accept the narrative, and once mentioned to me he was worried about whatever “variant” the media was pushing that week. His wife is a corporate wokie and mask nazi from what he has told me.

My other friend now attends a woke church and married a supposedly Christian girl that ate up a lot of leftism in her college years.

I was pretty dumbfounded by their transformations, as I used to be the blue piller of our group. I can’t really put it to words well, but I think it’s pretty clear there’s a degree subconscious and conscious willingness for men to conform to female sensibilities, at least in the west.
Secular people need to worship something in the material world. Whether that is Trump, or SJW, in essence it doesn't matter. It can also be the climate hoax, which I see a lot with secular friends and other people. Suddenly all their identity is based around saving the world, veganism, climate change. They find their identity in that, seemingly thinking they're the agent of good and a savior of some kind, so they want to express that to everyone else, often of course at least partly to gain status and feel good about themselves.

Julien

Chicken
Orthodox
I experienced something even more sad and frightening the other day. My roommate has been staunchly opposed to getting the vaccine from day 1. He has been a pariah amongst his family for months now because of this stance. We even attended an anti-lockdown protest together.

But yesterday he booked an appointment for the vaxx. Why? Because in my jurisdiction there is a domestic covid passport coming later this month and an international travel passport after that.

Why does this worry him? Because he won't be able to drink at bars and go on tinder dates. Literally. After months of arguing with people over the vaxx he caves because of access to beer and women. Somewhere Satan is having a good chuckle.

I don't say this to judge the guy, but rather to point out how sad and emasculated our society has become. I am sure there are countless other stories just like this, where even the people who know the truth refuse to live by it because they are more concerned about worldly comforts. If we as a people can't endure this trial, then we don't deserve God's mercy.

Update.

My friend actually recanted and cancelled his appointment to get the vaxx. We will see if that lasts, however. My impression is that if push comes to shove and things get really bad, he will ultimately cave.

He is an Anglican in name-only, so he doesn't have faith to guide him. I don't know how anyone could succeed in the coming struggle without faith.

Easy_C

Peacock
Here's one thought:

Almost any leftist you talk to will say people they know have died from COVID. Almost any right wing person says they don't know anyone who has gotten seriously ill or died.

What's the difference? I'd imagine that there is some relatively significant lifestyle pattern behind it. The first idea that popped into my head was that my brain connected to the Michael Savage show I'd linked earlier where he talks about Marijuana. Maybe it's because they all like to smoke weed and, as he documented, it has some fairly significant negative immune side effects? Or Maybe it's because 78% of COVID hospitalizations are for obese people.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Here's one thought:

Almost any leftist you talk to will say people they know have died from COVID. Almost any right wing person says they don't know anyone who has gotten seriously ill or died.

What's the difference? I'd imagine that there is some relatively significant lifestyle pattern behind it. The first idea that popped into my head was that my brain connected to the Michael Savage show I'd linked earlier where he talks about Marijuana. Maybe it's because they all like to smoke weed and, as he documented, it has some fairly significant negative immune side effects? Or Maybe it's because 78% of COVID hospitalizations are for obese people.

I don't know anyone who has died from it, but I know of people who have died with it. The believers really don't like hearing about those, such as an elderly woman who fell down the stairs, sustained serious injuries, and yet guess what was put down as the cause of death?

Here's one thought:

There probably is a correlation between your political affiliation and your health, mainly mental but it's a significant driver for other physical illnesses. Leftists, in general, are neurotic, depressed and dissatisfied with their lives. All these factors affect your immune system a lot which would make sense why they're more prone to getting Covid and being hospitalised.
Saying that, when normies say they know someone, I bet they often think of some celebrities or someone that was in the news as they think they have a personal connection with such individuals.

Feyoder

Kingfisher

Poor fooled woman. Looks terrified

I probably shouldn't find this funny, but, vaxxed much?...

(Fb messenger interaction with potential Serbian airbnb host, who happens to be a Med Grad...)

Me: 'Just interesting to get a local's opinion... This site claims 80% of Serbians have been vaccinated. Do you think that's legit? https://covidvax.live/

covidvax.live: Live COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker - See vaccinations in real time!
covidvax.live '

Med Grad; 'Indeed. I work as a grad of medical research center in national institute of public health'

Me: 'That seems like a big number... are you sure it's true? Maybe 1st shot only?'

Med Grad; [thumbs up]

Me; 'Hi, So this story is more in-line with what my friends tell me... Only 18% of people 18-30... This is more accurate? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2021/08/03/how-vaccine-doubts-have-put-the-handbrake-on-serbia-s-rapid-rollout

How vaccine doubts have put the handbrake on Serbia's rapid rollout
euronews.com

I should say... I'm thinking of moving to Serbia, but that high vax rate put me off!'

Med Grad; 'I'm bit neither your therapist nor your GP. So don't really understand this routine if occasionally asking me questions'

Me; 'Haha)) Just asking for reports from the ground. You can't trust the media... Here they don't even have EU vaccines, which I think is great. Is 18% or 80% closer to the truth?'

Med Grad; 'R u in a saint mind? 3 times so far you actually booked a studio and never showed up'

Me; 'Sound mind)) Who knows?'

Med Grad; 'And u have a guts to address me'

Me; '* The guts'

Med Grad; 'Just fuck off'

Me; 'Oooo... that stung'

Med Grad; 'And stay away from Serbia'

Me; 'So 18%. Thanks. Good luck'

Haha wow. What a Delusional prick.

Last edited:

Feyoder

Kingfisher
I think I saw the most insane thing yet over the weekend. I walked by someones apartment on my way down to the lobby from my apartment and a father was getting out of his apartment to take the trash down muzzled and I got to peek into his place as I walked by...2 kids muzzled on the couch watching tv.. utter madness.

The mask is a talisman that protects you from the bad spirit of COVID. You don’t need to think about it if it works, just do it. Aren’t you one of our tribe?

The whole COVID thing has been like a pagan revival among normies.

Easy_C

Peacock
Here's a fun one to A/B test. I've good results with this one because they mostly vanish when you do this:

Try pointing out that CDC data shows that vaccinated people have the same viral load as the unvaccinated, and that you can still transmit it even after being vaccinated. Also say that, according to CNN and as admitted by Doctor Fauci, natural immunity is more effective then vaccation.

Then say "I also would like to remind you that it is against [insert platform name]'s TOS to contradict the CDC and WHO, so you must accept these facts and not dispute them. If you attempt to do so I will be forced to report your account for spreading medical misinformation". Then ask "Given these facts, how can you justify saying that the unvaccinated are more dangerous to you than the vaccinated?"

They don't even try to argue and flee the conversation even if they've been actively participating in it before.

Liberals are more likely to cheat and outright lie for the "greater good". Conservatives do not believe in "the greater good", rather in the wellness of each individual being and the family.

"The Greater Good" in the purist, uncorrupted sense is about empowering individuals and maintaining cohesive families.

After WWII, Returned Servicemen could buy an affordable house with land in a major town/city with either a 30 year, or 45 year mortgage with a fixed nominal payment for the life of the loan. These loans were made so that if the applicant were to pass before all repayments were made, there was an insurance scheme that would clear the remaining balance so that the widower and their children could remain in a fully paid off home.

The "baby boom" was funded by child endowments, and endowments for stay at home wives that were not means tested, depending on the number of children. It meant that there was a minimum income per capita, of sorts. A typical single income family in 1960 received 110% of their earned income in endowments. It is crazy to imagine how different the same country is 70 years later.

SouthernTory

Woodpecker
Ditto England.
I would say England is much worse a lot of the time it is almost a badge of honour to be ignorant and tow the line. England has a a very repressed society, highly secular (even more so than US) combine that with low educational attainment and a surveillance state (UK has the most CCTV in Europe) then its not surprising there are so many mindless sheep for herding.

Elipe

Pelican
Here's a fun one to A/B test. I've good results with this one because they mostly vanish when you do this:

Try pointing out that CDC data shows that vaccinated people have the same viral load as the unvaccinated, and that you can still transmit it even after being vaccinated. Also say that, according to CNN and as admitted by Doctor Fauci, natural immunity is more effective then vaccation.

Then say "I also would like to remind you that it is against [insert platform name]'s TOS to contradict the CDC and WHO, so you must accept these facts and not dispute them. If you attempt to do so I will be forced to report your account for spreading medical misinformation". Then ask "Given these facts, how can you justify saying that the unvaccinated are more dangerous to you than the vaccinated?"

They don't even try to argue and flee the conversation even if they've been actively participating in it before.
Do you have links for these data points? That would strengthen this tactic.

RomikJan

Robin
Orthodox
I have a buddy who got the roni and was very informed on what is up. Now he messeges me daily and tells me how sick he is and the results of his daily tests like Im a concerned girlfriend. I told him those tests are not too reliable and some countries scratched them all together. While I do care for him, I really dont need daily updates. Next day he wakes me up at 8 am , thrilled he finally got a negative. When I lost it on the phone with him and started yelling at him he started calling me a denier. Repeating this sarcastic tone that theres no covid and noone is sick and that hes been faking it. I cant stand these people. They want a trophy for having it and if you try to play it down they urge that they survived a deadly virus and they are survivors. They will not let it go, they want like a jacket with war medals all over it. Even though they used to see whats up , but now they want to be validated with this jacket full of medals.

I think that's why so many people like masks. They are embarrassed by the way they look so they now have a reason to cover up and virtue signal others to cover up.

You're not far off. Ugly people want to hide their faces but by convincing beautiful women to be sluts, they've also gotten them to cover their faces in shame. This may be half the reason the masks are so popular among women vs less so among men.