Normies and coronavirus

I refuse to believe that everyone who swallows the lies of VirusRegime is a "normie." If seven billion people are evil, lying cowards, that doesn't make what they do and believe good and normal.

LeoniusD

Sparrow
Normies come in all shapes and sizes - it´s true however that most normies draw their information from the TV or at best some mainstream sources.

And I seriously doubt that 7.5 bio. people believe in this. The elite went full-spectrum-propaganda on this creating even seemingly alternative counter-government videos, specific targeted studies even for the educated. They used all the social media to the full extent this time - crying crisis actor nurses with twitter-accounts included. After the initial opinion was formed and the public got scared enough, they hoped that the very facts of not people dying like flies or most people being asymptomatic (aka healthy) would not change their opinion on the issue. So you have to remain scared until eternity in order to ram through all the dictatorial measures they can.

Some normies who don´t watch too much TV or are working class later have detached themself from the initial indoctrination. I met some and helped them along. They did not believe me 3 months ago, but they remembered. And then when a friend or cousin mentions this or that - then it clicks and the start to doubt the mainstream narrative as well. But it cannot be forced - some will change their minds - others won´t. Some of those normies may be people you love and cherish, people who would give their lives for you - so this shortcoming of not seeing through the overwhelming globalist propaganda isn´t the worst thing.

But there are reports of families being split even worse than during the Trump election. And some people will lose friends and family as this thing was designed to divide and conquer, reduce everyone to lone individuals, distrust every other person as a potential "carrier".

Athanasius

Kingfisher
I should have posted this in this thread instead of the other one, but I was talking to my relative who is a nurse in a large hospital in the south. I said of the 125,000 reported USA deaths, how many do you think are truly CV deaths. He said about 10% of that-- 12,500. Yes, 10%-- in other words, far fewer than die of the flu. The rest are false attributions. He also said there's been a spike in people getting it lately but most people show few symptoms and morbidity rates remain "super low."

I was at a grocery today and 75% of the people were wearing masks in a state where it isn't required. It was maybe 50% a month or two ago. It really is absurd.

Last edited:

fiasco360

Kingfisher
I live in a dense county that requires it. Compliance is 100% - 1 (me) and the occasional staff member who has it worn under the nose. I don't think I can hold out much longer. I need backup! :laugh:
In parts of Los Angeles, stores are now posting security guards at the front of the stores to check for masks. Feel like it's getting rarer and rarer to be able to walk around without it. I did see a younger woman without one on in the grocery store the other day and she was playing it cool but multiple people asked her why she wasn't wearing one.

People thought all this talk about restricting our freedoms with microchips was crazy talk - turns out it was - because all they needed was a paper thin mask to literally and metaphorically muzzle us.

LeoniusD

Sparrow
In parts of Los Angeles, stores are now posting security guards at the front of the stores to check for masks. Feel like it's getting rarer and rarer to be able to walk around without it. I did see a younger woman without one on in the grocery store the other day and she was playing it cool but multiple people asked her why she wasn't wearing one.

People thought all this talk about restricting our freedoms with microchips was crazy talk - turns out it was - because all they needed was a paper thin mask to literally and metaphorically muzzle us.
The masks are there to force other behavior. They may do it in the future allowing the vaccinated (later chipped) to go mask-free, while the ones without a vaccine will be forced to wear a mask everywhere - even in the forest and on the beach. So of course the vaccines will be voluntary and the non-vaccinated carriers will be easily identified. I could imagine this to happen.

It's hard to know what to believe.
At the end of May, I was so anti-lockdown and proud of Texas.
At this point, after learning a lot about the potential lab leak and seeing Texas roll back reopening, I'm more uncertain about it.
Bret Weinstein is a good person to listen to on this.

Big concern is the fact it's a frankengerm from a lab and the White House isn't talking about it because it doesn't neatly fall into the "blame China" narrative since it was a US funded lab. Can it be stopped or is it just going to slowly destroy our economy?

I'm anti-mask, but I think that if the choice is between having masks sometimes and having no economy where everyone is out of work, I'd take the former. We should have done a harder lockdown at first and a bit earlier. Now because we've had various half-assed lockdowns, we've spent all the public's patience to comply with new measures. It's going to get ugly.

The problem with Coronavirus information is an example of how scientific/medical research and markets don't mix. You don't know who to trust when there's economic and political incentives to do the wrong thing.

I should have posted this in this thread instead of the other one, but I was talking to my relative who is a nurse in a large hospital in the south. I said of the 125,000 reported USA deaths, how many do you think are truly CV deaths. He said about 10% of that-- 12,500. Yes, 10%-- in other words, far fewer than die of the flu. The rest are false attributions. He also said there's been a spike in people getting it lately but most people show few symptoms and morbidity rates remain "super low."

I was at a grocery today and 75% of the people were wearing masks in a state where it isn't required. It was maybe 50% a month or two ago. It really is absurd.
The only way you'd know is if you compared the normal hospitalization rate to what is going on right now.
Keep in mind, we quit elective procedures for 3 months, so now that hospitals are doing them again - would be interesting to see if they're falsely being attributed to Corona.

Again, as economically libertarian as I am, I think markets and health care are a bad mix. Hospitals have incentives to sound the Corona alarm and misattribute data. If we had a single payer system this wouldn't be an issue. I sound like Bernie now.

I refuse to believe that everyone who swallows the lies of VirusRegime is a "normie." If seven billion people are evil, lying cowards, that doesn't make what they do and believe good and normal.
I think it's dangerous that information is so in question that which side of containment you are on somehow reflects your politics. Pro-lockdown, you support the Democrats. Anti-lockdown, you support Trump.

If we can all take a step back, the problem is there is no trust in the information. That's the problem. We need to believe and trust science to help guide us through these things. Unfortunately, the data we have is fragmented, poorly handled, and spun by the media. So we can only revert to our gut instincts as to what is happening. This leads to conspiracy theories.

I suspect there is no conspiracy at work here, it's mostly a combination of incompetence (on part of the political leadership and WHO) and long-standing problems with the research community and the health care industry that disincentivizes truth telling. It took a pandemic to make it clear that we're grossly unprepared to deal with this.

Last edited:
It's hard to know what to believe.
At the end of May, I was so anti-lockdown and proud of Texas.
At this point, after learning a lot about the potential lab leak and seeing Texas roll back reopening, I'm more uncertain about it.
Bret Weinstein is a good person to listen to on this.

Big concern is the fact it's a frankengerm from a lab and the White House isn't talking about it because it doesn't neatly fall into the "blame China" narrative since it was a US funded lab. Can it be stopped or is it just going to slowly destroy our economy?

I'm anti-mask, but I think that if the choice is between having masks sometimes and having no economy where everyone is out of work, I'd take the former. We should have done a harder lockdown at first and a bit earlier. Now because we've had various half-assed lockdowns, we've spent all the public's patience to comply with new measures. It's going to get ugly.

The problem with Coronavirus information is an example of how scientific/medical research and markets don't mix. You don't know who to trust when there's economic and political incentives to do the wrong thing.
Exactly. This controversy reminds me of “Jaws” (also,”And the Band Played On”). Everyone has self-interested motives. Those who want us to “open everything up” without restrictions are no exception.

Pandemix

Here in Austin, TX my attempts at running any errands this morning with no mask were all foiled.

Mechanic refused to serve me. Restaurant refused to sit me. Barista's refused to serve me. Why bother anywhere else? Based Pajeet at the gas station on the way home is the only one who wanted my business today.

I've always refused the mask because the humiliation levels are too off the charts for me to bear, but I'm noticing the longer I stand the more expensive the spiritual costs becomes. Let's say "when this is over" I come out of it proudly having never worn a mask, but now I hate all of those who refused to serve me. Did I win?

Definitely got tested today (but not for corona) and even though I didn't get my bike fixed I did walk away with this helpful reminder. It's not the first time standing up for one truth has brought me closer to another truth. God bless.

Mechanic refused to serve me. Restaurant refused to sit me. Barista's refused to serve me. Why bother anywhere else? Based Pajeet at the gas station on the way home is the only one who wanted my business today.
We've been driving two or three counties over for everything. I'll be damned if my children will be exposed to this and we won't spend money with any place doing this.

Pandemix

We've been driving two or three counties over for everything. I'll be damned if my children will be exposed to this and we won't spend money with any place doing this.
There really is a viciousness to it and the more you stand firm the more hysterical they will get with their reasoning until you are mobbed out the door by other employees. Nobody takes accountability, it is all deferred to the "city rules" yet I don't see the city I see an individual telling me they will not do business with me.

You assume it will be over some day?
I assume it won't since the most sheeple comply with this crap.
(I posted an apposite meme earlier)
It will be over when it has served its purpose or the next crisis makes us forget about it, though the theatrical reasoning we can expect from the normie mask wearers about why now is suddenly safe will be a minor repentance for this annoying behavior.