Normies and coronavirus

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
Yesterday I went to my local barber for a haircut. It's owned by a Korean lady who takes the COVID theater fairly seriously (she politely encouraged me to get the jabs last year) but doesn't make a huge deal out of it. There is no government mask mandate in my area for private businesses. I marched into her shop without a mask, and there were around seven middle-aged, White, chubby men and women in there getting a haircut or waiting their turn. All were wearing masks.

My turn came and my barber for the day was a based Vietnamese lady who has been there a long time. She has asked me a couple of times how she and her husband can avoid the vaccine mandates. As I sat in the chair, she started telling me about her friend who works in a local medical lab who has been working 12-hours a day for the past two weeks processing COVID tests. She light-heartedly and subtly implied that I've never gotten a COVID test. I replied, "I think I've probably had COVID 2 or 3 times. I know I had it once because I got a blood test and had antibodies. Right now is a good time to get COVID, because Omicron is mild and it will give you natural immunity, and the vaccines don't work for it anyway." I could tell that she was smiling behind her mask (her eyes scrunched up) and that she was enjoying the conversation, as she apparently agrees with me that the whole thing is ridiculous.

I noticed that the chubby guy in a mask sitting in the chair next to me was listening and staring at me in the mirror. I made eye contact and smiled, but he kept his face and body language studiously blank.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Today in clown world. Man what an insane visit I just had guys, my mind is blown. Went to a customers house to fix their cd player was a quick 15 minute fix and was showin the wife how to use the universal remote again. Husband and wife both 3 shots deep both double muzzled. Husband stood in kitchen and I noticed he kept saying numbers like 4.... 5.. 3..4..and then yelling his Wifes name. Shes like relax he's like ya I'm the bad guy huh? Suddently I noticed what he was counting, he was counting her distance to me out loud. He kep counting the distance for the whole 15 minutes I was there. HOW INSANE IS THAT? I feel bad for these people man its not even funny anymore. What kind of life is that? Its so insane that the husband is such s girly man. Id say hes the wife and shes the husband.

Incase you didnt read it correctly , again he was counting her distance to me out loud for her to hear. 6 is the magic number. So teriffied to live but not terrified to have their cd player looked at.

My mind legit transformed him into a full blown clown.

I wish I was making this up..
Cowards is what allows this ''pandemic'' to continue.

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
There may be more than one subset of 'normie' and I can think of definitely two possible types who go along with this -

(1) the type who is going along with this out of fear of losing their pay cheque and then their mortgage etc, and

(2) an inner-city 'liberal' type who is motivated more by a wish to virtue signal than by fear

Someone wrote something very succint re the virtue signalling types, wish I could find that again.. Have identified another smaller group

(3) health care worker sympathisers

O the health care workers! Spare a thought for them.. ..on the front line.. what are you heartless?

The term "bleeding hearts leftie" is still most relevant. It makes me sick all this solidarity stuff - how about spare a thought for students whose courses who have been cancelled, business owners whose carefully laid plans were destroyed, muscle gains lost due to gym closures. Falling over themselves everywhere for the health care workers.

RomikJan

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Couples of updates from my area. Bet some normie idiot in early Jan of 2021 that he will be muzzled well into 2022 and he will need more shots. He works for Maderna and wanted to bet me. We made a bet originally $100 , half way through the year he told me if im so confident lets double it. I took the bet. Today I told him Happy new year , and posted the pic he posted of him and his girlfriend muzzled taking the 3rd shot. Told him good thing we didnt tripple the bet and I hope now you realize I was right. He shrugged it off and said " I guess itll be just like the flu pandemic in the 20s and then he said he had to go. He hasnt paid the bet and will probably never message me again. I dont need his bet I just did it to prove a point to him he can keep his hard earned moderna money.

In complete other news, was pre wiring a new home today for audio, and all the tradesman from electricians to plumbers were all waiting gaiters and you can only see their eyes. By lunch time they all got hot and took them off. Whats the point of wearing them in the morning? Unless they probably think the rona dont bother folks who are hot. Just like it dont bother folks who are eating. Its parents the flu taught it respect like that.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Today in clown world. Man what an insane visit I just had guys, my mind is blown. Went to a customers house to fix their cd player was a quick 15 minute fix and was showin the wife how to use the universal remote again. Husband and wife both 3 shots deep both double muzzled. Husband stood in kitchen and I noticed he kept saying numbers like 4.... 5.. 3..4..and then yelling his Wifes name. Shes like relax he's like ya I'm the bad guy huh? Suddently I noticed what he was counting, he was counting her distance to me out loud. He kep counting the distance for the whole 15 minutes I was there. HOW INSANE IS THAT? I feel bad for these people man its not even funny anymore. What kind of life is that? Its so insane that the husband is such s girly man. Id say hes the wife and shes the husband.

Incase you didnt read it correctly , again he was counting her distance to me out loud for her to hear. 6 is the magic number. So teriffied to live but not terrified to have their cd player looked at.

My mind legit transformed him into a full blown clown.

I wish I was making this up..

I had an amusing thought about the whole 6 foot nonsense last night and came up with a way to get some error messages from cult members. In the US, the magic number is 6 feet so you're in the death zone at 5.99 feet but safe from all harm at 6.0001 feet. But as I understand it, the magic number in Europe and other parts of the world is 2 meters.

As anyone familiar with metric conversions or who's ever watched a televised baseball game in Toronto's Skydome knows, 1 meter is not equal to three feet and is in fact equal to 3.28 feet. The only logical explanation is that the killer virus is 9.33% more virulent in Europe and other parts of the world or perhaps even as one takes a step into Mexico or Canada, because in these places the death zone extends to 6.56 feet, a subtle but nonetheless critical distinction.

If the opportunity arises, you may want to point out to any non-Americans you observe maintaining "social distancing" of 6 feet that they are within 2 meters of other humans and that in typically American fashion, we here are not being strict or vigilant enough to adequately prevent the spread of the killer virus.

Better yet, you could put on some phony accent like Latka from Taxi or Yakov Smirnov, go around to every establishment in your area and say "In my country, safe zone is 2 meters not American 6 feet" and demand they change all of their signs and policies because they discriminate against immigrants. Once you tell them they're not "doing their part to end the pandemic" or taking it seriously enough, you can watch them twist themselves into knots of virtue confusion.

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
Here’s a thought I had. First, read this article about why video game fanboys behave the way they do:

Does not most of this apply to people who are heavily invested in being vax crusaders?
I would say a big part of it is the sunken cost in one form or another. It can be the sunken cost of having already taken a vaccine, so you don't want to be wrong about it. The other is a deeper, more complex form of sunken cost in the form of retaining a trust in the institutions like the medical system. In fact, that's one of the things about the red pill, it breaks you away from that sunken cost. It is the acceptance that our institutions can no longer be trusted, that what we were always told by society was wrong or misleading. That's a hard hump to overcome. It's hard to accept that you basically lived a lie.

The vaccine represents a stark confrontation between the blue and the red pills for many normies. In fact, it is the famous Morpheus scene for most normies. You take the vaccine and go back to sleep and everything is just fine and the way it always has been for you, except when you risk not waking up again, of course. Or you take the red pill and go down the rabbit hole, because it changes literally everything. If the vaccines are bad for you, it changes everything about what you know and have lived for. Everything. It is like dying and being reborn. That's scary to a lot of people. If there was just the one big lie, how many other lies were there?

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
Non-Christian
If the vaccines are bad for you, it changes everything about what you know and have lived for. Everything. It is like dying and being reborn. That's scary to a lot of people. If there was just the one big lie, how many other lies were there?
This why I could never understand the pick-and-choose mentality of mostly baby-boomer age adults will willingly inject a concoction but act otherwise disgusted with everything else the authorities throw at them. Crime, retirement schemes, fake energy, kiddie diddling by drags...

Because what we're dealing with is not a broken clock. Its total inversion evil. Its so backward you could live an excellent life going the opposite of what any politician tells you.

Easy_C

Peacock
I would say a big part of it is the sunken cost in one form or another. It can be the sunken cost of having already taken a vaccine, so you don't want to be wrong about it. The other is a deeper, more complex form of sunken cost in the form of retaining a trust in the institutions like the medical system. In fact, that's one of the things about the red pill, it breaks you away from that sunken cost. It is the acceptance that our institutions can no longer be trusted, that what we were always told by society was wrong or misleading. That's a hard hump to overcome. It's hard to accept that you basically lived a lie.

The vaccine represents a stark confrontation between the blue and the red pills for many normies. In fact, it is the famous Morpheus scene for most normies. You take the vaccine and go back to sleep and everything is just fine and the way it always has been for you, except when you risk not waking up again, of course. Or you take the red pill and go down the rabbit hole, because it changes literally everything. If the vaccines are bad for you, it changes everything about what you know and have lived for. Everything. It is like dying and being reborn. That's scary to a lot of people. If there was just the one big lie, how many other lies were there?
The article addresses that.

SeekingTruth

Kingfisher
Catholic
This why I could never understand the pick-and-choose mentality of mostly baby-boomer age adults will willingly inject a concoction but act otherwise disgusted with everything else the authorities throw at them. Crime, retirement schemes, fake energy, kiddie diddling by drags...

Because what we're dealing with is not a broken clock. Its total inversion evil. Its so backward you could live an excellent life going the opposite of what any politician tells you.

Fear of death