Normies and the Russian-Ukraine war

Grow Bag

Pelican
Catholic
Nothing puts the willies up the limies like a good bit of russki.
:) Be careful which limey you choose to put your hands on. The working class English won't take to kindly to having hands laid on them and good many of them know how to "have a row", as we say over here.

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
Ordinarily, I would caution someone against telling lies. However, women naturally seem to conform to whatever is the predominant opinion. So @Tippy's mother is watching the news, reading the papers, hearing friends' opinions and they will all essentially say the same thing: Putin is evil. She will think 'how can all these people be wrong?'

She is probably concerned that her son will bring shame on the family by endorsing this monster. She may be concerned that he himself will come to harm for his dissident opinion. Also, she gave birth to him, how can her own flesh and blood behave like this?

You cannot convince someone like this. They just want to fit in and be accepted. They don't want to hear an opposing opinion. If you have to live with her, I agree with @TheOnceAndFutureKing's advice, reassure and placate her.
Reassure and placate her?! Hell no! The next time your mother brings up Ukraine, agree enthusiastically with her and tell her that's why you're
leaving tomorrow to fly to Poland and cross the Ukrainian border so you can fight with the courageous foreign volunteers against evil Putin.
Her response should be interesting!

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
2LQtQq4O9mO2.jpeg

NYC-and-CA.jpg

doodydota

Sparrow
Catholic
Ukrainian propaganda scoring another huge point, showing murdered mayors, town officials and their families' corpses.
Russia had nothing to gain from murdering those people. On the other hand, the SBU prevented successfully the surrender of those towns to Russians.
There is no reasoning with normies whatsoever.

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Normies don't matter anymore. A lot of smug American Normies who still believe their vote or opinion matters are about to get schooled in hard knocks very soon.
I had this same thought today, watching on a nice spring day, hoping my countrymen enjoy what we have, while we have it. America is sleepwalking to catastrophe, I fear. We are led by malicious forces, indifferent to substantial issues, and soft. Lord, have mercy.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
Ukrainian propaganda scoring another huge point, showing murdered mayors, town officials and their families' corpses.
Russia had nothing to gain from murdering those people. On the other hand, the SBU prevented successfully the surrender of those towns to Russians.
There is no reasoning with normies whatsoever.
For all we know, these could have been some completely other people's corpses, or the Ukrainians could have killed them themselves.

After 4 years of lies about Trump and BLM, and 2 years of lies about COVID-19, do you trust one word that comes out of t of these clowns mouths?

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
This is a great counterpoint to this argument from Ukrainians who would be happy to drag the West into WW3 in an attempt to hold on to territories that are clearly Russian. If we could just get rid of California, imagine how much better the US would be. Kind of like I imagine Ukraine would have been if they'd just let Crimea and Donbas go peacefully.
Never mind the Russians, I say let the Mexicans, Asians and homos fight over coastal California right now - grant them their independence whether they want it or not.

As for normie reactions, I've noticed that military and former military people tend to fall in line with this "Russia bad!" talking point way too easily. The admirable patriotism and tendency towards duty and protective instincts of this group are also very easily exploited by the puppeteers in the imperial city. It doesn't help that America has always had an enemy to rally against since it's founding. We know of no extended period where we did not have some enemy, somewhere. It's a severe cultural handicap.

I had a conversation with a friend I knew from the military, a former Lieutenant Colonel now retired. He'd bought into the Snake Island myth of the "courageous last stand" pretty hard, and when he heard that elements from the US Army Special Forces were involved in some part of Ukraine (I am not sure to what extent), he jumped right on board, since he was once part of them.

He got offended when I alerted him the "brave last stand" at Snake Island was media generated fiction and changed the subject when I forwarded him the evidence that those guys were alive and well. They probably never even said F-U to the Russians.

He wasn't even a full on Trump supporter as you might expect, just a decent but misled guy buying into the dog whistle and reacting the way he's been conditioned to react. I worked closely with him in a military environment and had to remind myself just how brainwashed you can be in that setting. Unfortunately, separating from active duty doesn't change the mindset without an active interest and curiosity, something not encouraged in military personnel, notwithstanding whatever they may preach about "taking initiative," etc.

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I had this same thought today, watching on a nice spring day, hoping my countrymen enjoy what we have, while we have it. America is sleepwalking to catastrophe, I fear. We are led by malicious forces, indifferent to substantial issues, and soft. Lord, have mercy.
When disaster does strike the overwhelming majority won’t even be able to figure out how or why it happened and if having the opportunity to go back would make all of the same mistakes over again.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
The normie propaganda is staggering.

• Russia's invasion has ground to a halt, and Ukrainian forces have retake areas around Kyiv.
  • Ukrainian counteroffenses have been stymying and ultimately repelling Russian forces.
Lol. They didn't "take" anything.

This is just Russia pulling away from KEEV! which they never intended to conquer anyway, but were tying down forces there (maneuver warfare) while they destroyed fuel depots and supply routes and encircled their targets.

Russia can't win under this narrative--if it concentrates on its plainly stated objectives of liberating the eastern provinces, then it is "being defeated by Stronk Women Sniper Squads" and if it actually takes Kiev and the west, then Putler is a brutal insane madman who is about to roll into Poland. The narrative is so stupid.

I guess I don't care how brainwashed normies are, but the danger here is that if the belief is that "Putin losing bad, running away back to the east" and enough people actually believe that, then it seems to give Putin less leverage in the peace negotiations, because somehow he is not in a position of strength, when actually he accomplished all his major goals in a matter of weeks and fully destroyed the Ukranian ability to wage war, which means Ukraine should accept whatever terms they are offered.

I've seen a couple of youtube debates and the Anti-Russian side arguments are all just extremely ridiculous "Russia is losing but he is about to invade Europe" or "Nukes bad but it's illogical for Russia to be scared of nukes in Ukraine" nonsense.