NYC is Dead Forever

Rob Banks

Pelican
I'd say Giuliani didn't go far enough. Because he didn't push for capital punishment in all cases of murder for example.
Really? Capital punishment in ALL cases of murder?

So the guy who catches his wife in bed with another man and shoots him dead, or the man who shoots a trespasser into his home who later turns out to have been unarmed (and the leftist court rules he had a “duty to retreat”), deserve the same punishment as a man who actually plans out a murder against an innocent person and then carries it out?

I think there has to be some discretion.

I am in favor of even more discretion and evaluating everything on a case-by-case basis. I believe that “I had a good reason to kill him” should be a valid defense (or at least mitigating factor) in murder cases even if it is not a case of self-defense.

There are a lot of things wrong with America, but prison sentences being too lenient is certainly not one of them.

STG

Robin
Major cities in the United States used to be the place to be.

Opportunity for good jobs, a high standard of living, better schools and funding for children, better medical care, etc.

When a country is rising or powerful, its cities are places people want to live.

When a country is declining and collapsing, its cities are hellholes, which is the case of the United States today.

Compare Detroit in the 1950's (Majority European population) to today (descendants of lowest class whites and African slaves). Detroit in the 1950's was the wealthiest city in the world. Today you could film a post apocalyptic movie there.

There are people who would leave Detroit right now if they could, but they can't afford it or have no place to go. The exact opposite of 1950's America where people moved from rural to urban for an opportunity at a better life.

You cannot have European civilization without Europeans. Its just that simple. Don't repeat the garbage your college sociology (Marxist) professor spewed at you while you went $100,000 in debt to make $12/hour.

The nicest places to live in the United States, Europe, or anywhere in the western world today are places with European people majority.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Really? Capital punishment in ALL cases of murder?

So the guy who catches his wife in bed with another man and shoots him dead, or the man who shoots a trespasser into his home who later turns out to have been unarmed (and the leftist court rules he had a “duty to retreat”), deserve the same punishment as a man who actually plans out a murder against an innocent person and then carries it out?

I think there has to be some discretion.

I am in favor of even more discretion and evaluating everything on a case-by-case basis. I believe that “I had a good reason to kill him” should be a valid defense (or at least mitigating factor) in murder cases even if it is not a case of self-defense.

There are a lot of things wrong with America, but prison sentences being too lenient is certainly not one of them.
Yes all murder. Not all killing is murder and your examples include self-defense or manslaughter.

Death penalty for all murder was commanded(Genesis 9:6) for all people outside of the Mosaic Law to Noah.

Although the Mosaic Law clarifies under what circumstances that it is murder. Your example of shooting an intruder in the night and discovering he is unarmed you are not actually guilty of bloodshed (exodus 22:2). During the daytime it's a different matter.

Since the imperative was given to Noah

Therefore it isn't optional but absolute.

Last edited:

R.G.Camara

Kingfisher
Towards the end of Altucher's article he says that difference in NYC now is bandwidth. "Now, it’s over 20 megabits per second", he says.

It wouldn't surprise me if NYC's crazy mayor put a limit on bandwidth so folks can't use Zoom etc.

That wouldn't surprise me either. Or if he limited large bandwidth to certain "approved" (i.e. spied on and sponsored) apps. Got to keep tabs on the boys, you see.

Related:

California, I know, has recently engaged in a minor war on ham radio. It may sound silly, since ham radio (if you've heard of it) seems such an old man-nerdy-loner thing, but ham radio is also a mechanism for decentralized information spreading that is almost untraceable, especially with code. Basically, a person with a ham radio can broadcast a signal from anywhere and it can't be traced, and if you tune in to the correct frequency from anywhere on earth (yes, on earth) you are likely to hear it, especially if it is repeated multiple times a day (weather permitting; weather can play havoc on ham signals).

Many, many spy agencies utilized ham/shortwave radio in the past. A spy in country X would be told to listen to a certain frequency between 3-4pm on a certain day of the week. At that time and date, in a completely different country, a coded message would be broadcast on the frequency. Since counter spies wouldn't know the code, the frequency, the time to listen, or where the message was coming from or going to, it was as good as gold if your code was strong and the spy was competent. And it can still be utilized today; modern technology has not yet figured out how to trace it.

Ham radio familiarity among civilians was often encouraged by our government in the past, since in the event of a huge catastrophe (major earthquake, hurricane, foreign invasion, nuclear disaster), ham radio would be the best and most reliable method to spread information.

Anyway, California under Gov. Newsom has been trying to rip down "repeaters", which are small towers that ham radio guys put up to boost signals. Its been done since the 1920s but Newsom all of a sudden hates it. That to me set off alarm bells---why the sudden move against decentralized information spreaders?

(EDIT: I don't do ham radio, but plan to get into it and have read a bit about it)

Last edited:

MKE-Ed

Robin
That wouldn't surprise me either. Or if he limited large bandwidth to certain "approved" (i.e. spied on and sponsored) apps. Got to keep tabs on the boys, you see.

Related:

California, I know, has recently engaged in a minor war on ham radio. It may sound silly, since ham radio (if you've heard of it) seems such an old man-nerdy-loner thing, but ham radio is also a mechanism for decentralized information spreading that is almost untraceable, especially with code. Basically, a person with a ham radio can broadcast a signal from anywhere and it can't be traced, and if you tune in to the correct frequency from anywhere on earth (yes, on earth) you are likely to hear it, especially if it is repeated multiple times a day (weather permitting; weather can play havoc on ham signals).

Many, many spy agencies utilized ham/shortwave radio in the past. A spy in country X would be told to listen to a certain frequency between 3-4pm on a certain day of the week. At that time and date, in a completely different country, a coded message would be broadcast on the frequency. Since counter spies wouldn't know the code, the frequency, the time to listen, or where the message was coming from or going to, it was as good as gold if your code was strong and the spy was competent. And it can still be utilized today; modern technology has not yet figured out how to trace it.

Ham radio familiarity among civilians was often encouraged by our government in the past, since in the event of a huge catastrophe (major earthquake, hurricane, foreign invasion, nuclear disaster), ham radio would be the best and most reliable method to spread information.

Anyway, California under Gov. Newsom has been trying to rip down "repeaters", which are small towers that ham radio guys put up to boost signals. Its been done since the 1920s but Newsom all of a sudden hates it. That to me set off alarm bells---why the sudden move against decentralized information spreaders?

(EDIT: I don't do ham radio, but plan to get into it and have read a bit about it)
Good points made here. Ham radio was used by spies to send coded messages to spies out in the field. Ask any ham radio operator or short wave radio listener about the infamous Cuban numbers station broadcast from Havana to their spies in the US. They still do this today. Another reason why California( Newsom) is going after them is because Ham radio guys can’t be censored like is done on so many social media platforms. His attempt to crack down on this also has the potential to put him at odds with the FCC. Ham radio operators are all licensed by the FCC.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
Exactly. The whole of California has got to be perhaps the most geographically gifted piece of dirt on the planet. It was a literal Garden of Eden.

It has the been the corrupt elite who ruined California. But California as a place will still be the land of plenty.

California is what sinful man would have done to the Garden of Eden if he was allowed access to the Tree of Life once he fell.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Yes. It is all true. I'm in NYC and I stayed. I have a moving company and business is booming(but for how long? I can't say)

To a point, I am enjoying the decline with charging more for the same work, and no shortage of work(for now..) but there is literally nothing to spend it on: all gyms, theaters, concert halls, sports stadiums are all closed indefinitely, though I did get a an email from Equinox saying they got the go ahead to re open their gyms.

The bums are starting to make small encampments of, not on the scale of Los Angeles or San Francisco(yet) but nothing would shock me. A LOT of the restaurants and small businesses have been completely and permanently destroyed in Manhattan and aren't going to come back. Crime is on the rise, no question and homeless are more prevalent for sure. And day game is pretty dead(everyone wears masks). I'd be long gone if work were not so good. We are not going to go back to how things were I suspect, at least not anytime soon.

Rob Banks

Pelican
Yes all murder. Not all killing is murder and your examples include self-defense or manslaughter.

Death penalty for all murder was commanded(Genesis 9:6) for all people outside of the Mosaic Law to Noah.

Although the Mosaic Law clarifies under what circumstances that it is murder. Your example of shooting an intruder in the night and discovering he is unarmed you are not actually guilty of bloodshed (exodus 22:2). During the daytime it's a different matter.

Since the imperative was given to Noah

Therefore it isn't optional but absolute.
So a guy who kills his wife (not in the moment but planned out in advance) because she cheated on him deserves the same punishment as a guy who kidnaps, rapes, and kills a 5-year-old child?

I mean, if the Bible says so, then I guess I’m for it. It just seems odd to me that there would me no distinction between different circumstances when it comes to murder.

If you can work from home then someone can work your job from India. Corporate America would love to do that. The only think that *might* stop them is loss of income tax revenue in the US>

I'm not so sure... Indians had trouble handling customer service, due to language problems and personality/temper difficulties. America already hires lots of Indian IT companies to do work for us overseas, but I have programmer friends who tell me the Indian work efforts tended to be uneven at best, and often projects would end up being too screwed up to make it worthwhile. And so more high-end work is left for American IT developers.

I'm not so sure... Indians had trouble handling customer service, due to language problems and personality/temper difficulties. America already hires lots of Indian IT companies to do work for us overseas, but I have programmer friends who tell me the Indian work efforts tended to be uneven at best, and often projects would end up being too screwed up to make it worthwhile. And so more high-end work is left for American IT developers.
Big corporations don't care. Look at how IT has been outsourced. They'll take the hit in quality if they can save 50-75% in operating costs. And and don't think 'the free market' :rolleyes: will allow you choices. There is no 'free market' - we have an oligarchy - that's why Gillette and other corporations can almost show contempt for American customers - they know you'll be back. Yes Gillette took a hit but I know 'right wing' conservatives who still use their products (in this extreme case, it's crazy because safety blades are easy to get used to 1/10th the cost of Gillette but I digress :) ). There are only four major banks - each one insults Americans and carry out anti-american policies worse than the other. Amazon is about the only game in town for a lot of things and Amazon /Bezos regularly insult Americans but Americans, including myself keep buying from them often because we have limited or alternatives- and even every red pilled guy stopped using them they'd still have dominate market share. They would lose at most, 5% of their customers. That's nothing, as Roosh pointed out when they started banning books.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
So a guy who kills his wife (not in the moment but planned out in advance) because she cheated on him deserves the same punishment as a guy who kidnaps, rapes, and kills a 5-year-old child?

I mean, if the Bible says so, then I guess I’m for it. It just seems odd to me that there would me no distinction between different circumstances when it comes to murder.

Yes. Its no joke. God meant the Civil Authorities to Judicially kill the offender worthy of death after a proper investigation and guilt proven beyond reasonable doubt(Romans 13).

He doesn't play games and since he foresaw everything it is serious enough to not merit that distinction. For in the Image of God he made Mankind.

In the same way he foresaw the betrayal of Jesus by Judas by his own free will. Prompted by his unbelief. His subsequent suicide sealing his fate.

Now if things turned out differently then prophecy will be different too.

I doubt the decline of NYC is permanent, people in general still desire in person work, school and social life even if bandwidth in 2020 is fast.

People are stunned at how many restaurants have permanently closed, but the average restaurant is only in business for five years to begin with. So how is that a goodmeasure of anything?

Are people suddenly going to stop desiring the cultural arts? Bars? Parties? Concerts? Dine in experience? Sports? Gyms? Will people just get use to being isolated and lonely?

The people leaving were likely transplants only living in NYC due to a job and this pandemic gave them a way out of a city they wanted to eventually leave anyway. Are people with roots in city just going to pack up and leave? I sincerely doubt it.

Eventually the collective including a huge portion of brainwashed mask wearing slaves will get fed up, and the tide will shift to returning to our previous way of life. I already see glimpses of it as I lift weights at the gym where practically everyone has their mask pulled down to their chin and the staff aren't enforcing anything.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
By the way, have you noticed that all of these cities have either lawyers or career politicians for mayors? There’s a lesson here.
  • De Blasio - career pol
  • Lightfoot (Chicago) - lawyer
  • Jacob Frey (Minneapolis) - lawyer
  • Jenny Durkan (Seattle) - lawyer
  • Steve Adler (Austin) - lawyer
Lawyers and politicians don’t know how to build things. They don’t know how to manage people. They are skilled in exactly one thing, being persuasive and convincing you they are right. It’s all a facade. When faced with hard times, their “leadership” capabilities vanish.

We should have never let these ineffectual creeps anywhere near public office.
The further from the forced pragmatism of reality the worse they get.

It would be better if Engineers and blue collar workers who is also skilled with strategy and the big picture with good leadership qualities get power.

Of course Generals who wage successful campaigns also seem to be natural enough leaders as to found monarchies. They have the charisma to inspire Men and they have demonstrated strategic skill in victory.

What they all have in common is that they are forced to deal with reality as it is. Rather than what people wish it was.

Compared to written exams. The exam of the battlefield and of demonstrated results in successful projects is far superior.

The further from the forced pragmatism of reality the worse they get.

It would be better if Engineers and blue collar workers who is also skilled with strategy and the big picture with good leadership qualities get power.

Of course Generals who wage successful campaigns also seem to be natural enough leaders as to found monarchies.

What they all have in common is that they are forced to deal with reality as it is. Rather than what people wish it was.

I will say this about China... The majority of their senior ranking leaders have engineering degrees, rather than being lawyers, and so they seem to have much more of a "get it built and don't just talk about it" mentality. Along with this is a real respect for science, technology and research & development as a key way to move forward as a nation. Our technological advantages over them are steadily evaporating, both because we don't fund basic science research enough, and because we don't properly protect our intellectual property from China.

Last edited:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Escape from NYC and LA interesting IRS data map:

This verse boomeranged in my head for the past few days...

Luke 19:40 "And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

Using stones in a very loose translation, they are also all the crumbling asphault and rusting iron of our former cities. Hell, I would extend it to the coin shortage B.S too. This is why these threads are so fascinating to everyone. The plight of our biggest urban centers (physically, spiritually, structurally) has become so large that it cannot be hidden anymore. Everyone, even Joe Rogan, is talking about it. To even begin to fix them, our rulers would have to publicly denounce this newest lowlife zeitgeist. Any mayor who's painting a BLM mural downtown has only affirmed to everyone that his mind is made up and that we are going with him. But it's fascinating to witness all the delusional decision-making roll out in real time.

Aboulia

Robin

That's because you're absolutely right, circumstances matter. The law is not made to exact punishment on man, the law was made for man to guide him. You can't just categorize all murders into simple easy categories. Life doesn't fit into simple easy categories.

Yes. Its no joke. God meant the Civil Authorities to Judicially kill the offender worthy of death after a proper investigation and guilt proven beyond reasonable doubt(Romans 13).

He doesn't play games and since he foresaw everything it is serious enough to not merit that distinction. For in the Image of God he made Mankind.

In the same way he foresaw the betrayal of Jesus by Judas by his own free will. Prompted by his unbelief. His subsequent suicide sealing his fate.

Now if things turned out differently then prophecy will be different too.

Yeah, and the punishment for adultery is stoning. If you're reading Romans 13 properly, then Christ was wrong, and should have let the woman who committed adultery be stoned.