Official Boxing Thread for Videos, History, Interviews, Analysis, etc.

H1N1

Ostrich
Gold Member
Joshua made $20 million+ on that fight, didn't have the kind of fight that did real damage to his brain, and put himself in a position to enjoy more big pay days. That's just smart.

Beyond that, I actually really liked what I saw from him. I have always maintained that he was overweight - too muscular to be an effective fighter. Seeing the way he moved last night, for 12 rounds, with energy to spare by the end, was very encouraging. He has a long way to go - he doesn't have a long amateur career, so he still has quite a lot of room to progress as a pro technically and strategically.

Ruiz was a limited opponent, of course, and Joshua will need to be more destructive in future if people are going to keep buying tickets. At the end of the day though, he suffered an embarrassing loss, and just needed to get back on track. He did that like a consumate pro, and has all my respect for how he has handled himself from the moment he lost to regaining his titles last night. Anyone who's ever lost a boxing match in front of a bunch of their mates knows just how humiliating it is, and to execute a game plan like that over 12 rounds (and the six months previously where he clearly did everything right), is much harder than it seems to the casual fan. Joshua, to me, showed just what a worthy champion he is last night.

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
Fury on trannies:

"I don't think its normal, I think they're freaks of nature".

Fury on heterosexual normality:

It’s like you’re a freak of nature if you’re normal, you’re the odd one out, nobody else. What’s normal? I’ll just get myself changed into a woman that’s normal isn’t it today call myself Tysina or something like that, put a wig on…”

I think it’ll be perfectly normal in the next ten years to have sexual relationships with your animals at home, you know your pets your cats and dogs and all that so that will be legal. You are already allowed to marry your animals and stuff.

It is going to happen though isn’t it. Whatever you can think of that’s bad, will be made legal, because that’s what the devil wants. So if you want to s**g your animals... it will be made legal.

mdROYLF.jpg

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Fury will come out like he did in the 2nd fight and take the fight to Wilder and impose his bulk. Even if Wilder has learned a few new defensive and offensive tricks, Fury is all round too good a boxer for Wilder. Wilder knows he can't allow Fury to keep him on the back foot, so he'll be more aggressive from the start and will look to hurt Fury early. Wilder doesn't have the emotional or boxing IQ to not look for an early knock out to avenge his hurt pride. If he does that, Fury will evade and then punish him. Wilder's usual game is waiting the waiting game, looking for the opportunity to present itself to land his bomb. Now, though, there's going to be doubt in his mind whether one punch is enough. He can't outbox Fury, so he knows he's got to unload early and often. The fact that he's added more muscle bulk suggests that he'll tire early if he does that. So my prediction is a Fury victory in either round 6 or 7. The caveat is if Fury is too blase and gives Wilder and opening to land cleanly, then it's lights out for Fury.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Wilder and his demon larping at it again.

Fury's response is quality.

Fury is probably the best thing that has happened to boxing in 20 years. The

His redemption arc, genuine approach of no nonsense is amazing. Also the fact that he has back fat is even more comical.

Wilder meanwhile makes nothing but excuses when he got beat.

Wilder looks big this go around so we should see a good fight. Fury is a master head manipulator ... So this should be quite interesting.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
His redemption arc, genuine approach of no nonsense is amazing.

His redemption arc is a tissue of lies tbf lol.

He got popped for nandrilone, lost his license and went on the piss for 18 months. Yes he got fat and messed up, but his 'back from the brink depression mental health saga' was just white-washing his PED issue, and selling a narrative.

He's still a great boxer with genuine charisma and likeability. But he's also never afraid of letting the truth get in the way of a good soundbite. Gypsy taqiya is real, basically.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
His redemption arc is a tissue of lies tbf lol.

He got popped for nandrilone, lost his license and went on the piss for 18 months. Yes he got fat and messed up, but his 'back from the brink depression mental health saga' was just white-washing his PED issue, and selling a narrative.

He's still a great boxer with genuine charisma and likeability. But he's also never afraid of letting the truth get in the way of a good soundbite. Gypsy taqiya is real, basically.
Yeah I don't really care about the nandralone piece. Nandralone doesn't make you a better boxer. It's an anabolic sterood that heals your joints via increasing college synthesis and water around the joints.

Nearly All professional athletes are on something... Boxing examples that everyone knows:

Holyfield popped for stanazolol, Roy Jones Junior for Androstenedione, Vitali Klitschko admitted use of AAS in his book, Tommy Morrison used AAS.

So the ability to fall into personal demons and overcome them isn't overblown.

If you don't think Wilder is doing whatever drugs /supplements he can get away with then i don't know what to tell you.

You can look up Patrick Arnold and Balco and the Olympic steroid scandal in Sydney.

While there are* some who dont use AAS, majority do.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Yeah I don't really care about the nandralone piece. Nandralone doesn't make you a better boxer. It's an anabolic sterood that heals your joints via increasing college synthesis and water around the joints.

Nearly All professional athletes are on something... Boxing examples that everyone knows:

Holyfield popped for stanazolol, Roy Jones Junior for Androstenedione, Vitali Klitschko admitted use of AAS in his book, Tommy Morrison used AAS.

So the ability to fall into personal demons and overcome them isn't overblown.

If you don't think Wilder is doing whatever drugs /supplements he can get away with then i don't know what to tell you.

You can look up Patrick Arnold and Balco and the Olympic steroid scandal in Sydney.

While there are* some who dont use AAS, majority do.

I dont care either, they're all at it. But that's what caused his to go on a coke and booze fuelled bender and be inactive, he then LARPed it as some sort of 'back from the brink' struggle. There's an element that he was likely messed up, in the way that would happen to anyone drinking and snorting that much, but so much stuff & nonsense and gypsy taqiya with it.

Also I have to confesss a bit of a blind spot these days for sportsment crying about depression, i'm absolutely sick of hearing about it. Fury at least is a good talker, and maybe it has helped some people him talking about it all, but still, just crack on, or pack the sport in. There's worse offenders than him but still.

Oh and i forgot perhaps the most objectionable thing, is that he told everyone he was going to give his purse to homeless charities, from Wilder I. Absolute horse manure, yet he still tries to say he gave 7m quid. Just an outright lie, and a very shabby one.

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
What a fight. Amazing drama. Wilder came out as I expected muscled up and gunning to get the job done early. That's a daring plan, but Fury ain't just any heavyweight and rode the storm. I thought Wilder had tanked by the 4th as I expected, but he kept digging deep and finding bursts of energy, which I didn't expect. He's a warrior and didn't shame himself at all. He was just up against a bigger, better warrior who could dig just as deep. And Fury wasn't even on his top game boxing wise and made a lot of mistakes. He went to war as well, tried to end it early and almost gassed out. He has the skills to have made it easier for himself, but we got a war and one of the best fights in recent years.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Very happy about this! Considering what the Fury family represent, it`s a win for all of us.

Great fight. Thanks for posting.

Some serious blows landed on both sides. His speech afterwards giving the glory to God was very nice.

I just read Deontay was a BLM activist to boot, below is a quote
“Dark like molasses, black like the night,” Wilder continued. “United we stand, together we fight. Fighting for Ahmaud Arbery and all of the others. Tell me, why y’all killing our sisters and brothers ‘TIL THIS DAY!

“I don’t remember a time when none of my people did anything to you people, other than work hard and try to be equal. Now y’all mad at protests and riots? We showed you nothing but peace. We’re done being quiet.”

Last edited: