Official Boxing Thread for Videos, History, Interviews, Analysis, etc.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Wilder is a one trick pony.

The added 15 lbs didn't seem to make a difference.

Everyone knew what Fury was gonna do:
Punch and lean on him.

Wilder threw some amazing bombs... But the Gypsy Kings jaw was just on a whole different level.

The knock out was easily the most spectacular thing I've seen live.

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
I've been thinking about his fight a lot and why it gave me so much inspiration in own my spiritual battle . To see two men getting repeatedly knocked down, getting up each time and digging deep, then digging deeper still, left a deep impression on me. I'm reading the excellent Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality by Kyriacos C. Markides again and I was just looking up the Orthodox concept of askesis (spiritual discipline) and the first website I opened had this to say:

The word askesis comes from a Greek verb which means to exercise, to strive, or to contend with the dedication of an athlete. St. Paul used the image of a boxer when referring to his own practice of self-discipline. "I harden my body with blows and bring it under complete control, to keep myself from being disqualified after having called others to the contest" (1 Corinthians 9:26-27). Askesis can be translated as "spiritual discipline," "spiritual striving" or "spiritual training."

Last edited: