Official RVF Prayer Requests Thread

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Prayer request: Satan is putting a strong temptation back into my field of view that nearly ruined my life many years ago. I have not succumbed but it is very clear how even though things are terrible for us, we will listen to Satan talk to us about how its 'not that bad' or 'possible through a certain loophole'.

Pray for me that I keep my eyes on God for strength and don't rely on just my own.
 

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Vasily Zaytsev said:
Prayer Request for sexual temptation. I keep sinning and it’s really hard for me to stop.

Prayer delivered. My own struggle above has been resolved. What was a conflict of a few days has just been swept away as quickly as it arrived. Prayer works.
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Vasily Zaytsev said:
Prayer Request for sexual temptation. I keep sinning and it’s really hard for me to stop.

You are way ahead of me. Best I can do is to pray to want to have a prayer request for sexual temptation.
 
I have a brother that is severely depressed and addicted to videogames, and perhaps porn as well. He's unemployed and at risk of becoming homeless. Please pray that I get through to him and help counsel him back to the Straight and Narrow. Thank you. I'll pray for all the intentions above me in this thread.
 
Samseau said:
For example, people won't pray for help with an addiction, because they are often afraid of losing their addiction. Once they want to get rid of it, the prayer's effect then becomes immediate because God releases whatever demon was plaguing you. The only thing that prevents people from fixing most of their internal suffering is lacking enough faith to ask for help from God.

debeguiled said:
Vasily Zaytsev said:
Prayer Request for sexual temptation. I keep sinning and it’s really hard for me to stop.

You are way ahead of me. Best I can do is to pray to want to have a prayer request for sexual temptation.

I read St. Augustine's Confessions recently, and it made me think of this. When he first found Christ, he was in a sexual relationship with his baby momma who he wasn't married to. He'd pray aloud for chastity, but in his heart he'd plead, "but not yet." It's the way I find myself praying for every virtue.

There was a great deal that was very relatable in that book.
 
Emperor Constantine said:
Samseau said:
For example, people won't pray for help with an addiction, because they are often afraid of losing their addiction. Once they want to get rid of it, the prayer's effect then becomes immediate because God releases whatever demon was plaguing you. The only thing that prevents people from fixing most of their internal suffering is lacking enough faith to ask for help from God.

debeguiled said:
Vasily Zaytsev said:
Prayer Request for sexual temptation. I keep sinning and it’s really hard for me to stop.

You are way ahead of me. Best I can do is to pray to want to have a prayer request for sexual temptation.

I read St. Augustine's Confessions recently, and it made me think of this. When he first found Christ, he was in a sexual relationship with his baby momma who he wasn't married to. He'd pray aloud for chastity, but in his heart he'd plead, "but not yet." It's the way I find myself praying for every virtue.

There was a great deal that was very relatable in that book.

As someone who has struggled with fornication and porn, this is very true. The saints, such as Augustine, had very human sides to them which we sometimes forget as they were, saints, duh! Saints, yes, but human too! The importance of finding relatable saints as spiritual role models can't be underestimated. Saint Augustine is a must-read for any man struggling with sexual sin.
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
John Michael Kane said:
I have a brother that is severely depressed and addicted to videogames, and perhaps porn as well. He's unemployed and at risk of becoming homeless. Please pray that I get through to him and help counsel him back to the Straight and Narrow. Thank you. I'll pray for all the intentions above me in this thread.

Got you.
 
A request, one selfish and the other not so much.

For the former, I have been slowly working to mend the relationship I have with my Father. Things are much better than they were. However, he is an old man who burned his body up to provide for his family - partly due to self-sacrifice, and partly due to pig-headed Boomer stupidity. He’s nearly 70 years old, and I realize that even if he only has a little time left it would be much more fulfilling for him if he could get on top of the Temple. So, a selfish request, that he can find a little light within himself to try!

Now, more pressing, a friend of mine and his family have been stricken - though I do not know the details, his wife has developed breast cancer. I have been praying for her health and the health of their family, and would appreciate any well wishes.

Thank you for this. Dearly.
 

Callixtus

Robin
Pray for me friends and brothers that I may resist the temptation of lust and impurity.

I gave in to temptation this past week with an old female friend whom I've recently reconnected with, and the following day I fell into sin again and broke a very long no porn/fap streak.

I confessed these sins to my priest yesterday, attended Mass today and received the Eucharist. It is clear that my own prayers are not enough and I need the support of others.

Worthy of note, the penance assigned by my priest was praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. It is performed on a standard five decade rosary. I may implement this daily. It's a simpler prayer than the standard rosary with an emphasis on Christ's mercy and forgiveness. Something about praying and meditating on that woke something up in me.
 
Pray for this man in thrall to the unclean spirits that he encountered in his DMT trip:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=580899#post580899

I don't know his name. God only knows. But he has since had a psychotic break. I am particularly concerned that his account had this:

During my encounter I experienced what seemed like a flood of memories, indicating that we had had many previous encounters, that I had been her slave for a very long time, perhaps across multiple lifetimes and parallel timelines. These "memories" also indicated that I would continue to belong to her for the indefinite future until my ultimate demise, at which point I would enter an inescapable existence of unimaginable eternal torment.

May God have mercy on his soul. I hope he is still alive so that he may be rescued by the grace of Almighty God.
 
Please pray for all DMT users that they may be free from bondage and all of them saved from their sins. May God forgive them for their ignorance.

May it be that illusions be shattered and truth prevail. May ugliness also be prevailed over by ultimate beauty.

May we neither wrongfully condemn the good or condone the evil. May our knowledge of the divine law be true deviating neither to the right of left.

May those who seek the truth find the truth. That is Christ.
 

Paracelsus

Crow
Gold Member
Please pray for the souls of all those who have succumbed to the Corona virus, and their families still with us.

There may be good odds that since the virus fills the lungs with fluid, they may not have had the opportunity to confess, be baptised, or have the solace of Last Rites at the time of death. Nobody deserves the fires of Hell for the sake of a stronger form of influenza.

There may be nothing we can do their final judgment, but (for those who accept Catholicism) nobody deserves several hundred years in Purgatory in painful purification, and there is still something that can be done about that: we can pray for the souls in Purgatory, ask for God to speed or remit their purification. For the Orthodox tradition, I understand prayers for the dead are to comfort them while in the condition of waiting. Either way: a prayer for the dead, if only because one day we may need the same prayers.
 

Psalm27

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I pray that everyone on this forum puts all their faith and trust on Jesus Christ for their salvation. Because it is only by grace through faith that we are saved, not of our own works. It is only the blood of the lamb that makes us pure in the sight of God the Father. Our own works are like dirty rags. Amen.
 

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
Prayers for my financial situation. Took some hard hits lately and I'm trying to recover some losses. God's will be done through it all regardless but pray that this burden be lessened for me
 

Enoch

Hummingbird
pitbullowner said:
Prayers for my financial situation. Took some hard hits lately and I'm trying to recover some losses. God's will be done through it all regardless but pray that this burden be lessened for me

Same boat. As long as you are still swimming a brighter day is ahead. Trials and tribulations never stop coming.
 

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
My oldest Brother is in his home and having trouble breathing , he believes he has Corona Virus, but there are no tests in Canada. We are trying to get him to go into the ER.

Please offer a prayer for his recovery and for him to return to God
 
Top