Older Guys (40+)

Part of it is genetics, which you have no control over.

But much of your destiny is in your hands. Some basic tips.

1. use a quality sunscreen, minimum 30 SPF, preferably 50 in the summer. You should reapply every couple of hours when you're in the sun. I've seen way too many beautiful young women ruin their looks as soon as in their early 20's because of excess sun exposure and no sunscreen. Apply to any and all exposed body areas: not just the face, but hands, chest, neck, arms, legs. Also, use a lip balm with spf daily. Yes, I am recommending you use lip balm. With SPF protection. Daily.

2. wear a summer hat when outdoors. These are surprisingly stylish, but the typical summer hat gives you nearly full coverage for your face and neck.

3. avoid drinking. Not only is alcohol a neurotoxin but it's also a diuretic which can lead to premature wrinkling. Drugs are a no no for too many reasons to list here, all of them self evident. Ignore "scientific" studies which claim that daily moderate drinking is healthy. It is not. These so-called "studies" are funded by the alcohol industry.

4. remain physically active, but avoid exercises which can lead to joint damage, such as lifting excessive weight or running on concrete as examples.

5. eat properly. Eat organic whenever possible. Most of your food should be prepared at home from the freshest ingredients you can buy. Avoid processed foods whenever possible. Canned and frozen are fine. Processed foods are not. You think prepping your own meals is too time consuming? It is not. It takes just as much time, if not more so, waiting in a drive through at typical meal hours than it does to prep your own meal.

6. Avoid smoking. You will age badly if you do.

7. take appropriate supplements to keep your mind and body healthy. A quality daily multivitamin is a good start, and I believe essential.

8. Avoid diuretics such as coffee and alcohol (already mentioned).

From what I've seen, only a small percentage of people use sunscreen on a regular basis. Perhaps a majority will when "sunbathing" but daily sunscreen application is mandatory if you want to maintain a youthful appearance.

From what I've seen, few people bother eating right. Fast food, junk food and sodas are extremely popular. They're used as legal drugs by a majority of the population.

A large percentage of the population suffers from some mental disorder for which they take prescribed medications, which damage their minds and bodies and impairs judgement.

There's plenty more, but the above are mandatory at a minimum. They are very easy tips to follow and should be practiced as daily habits.

Try to find a bit of balance here. Some people go to extremes, as in NEVER going outdoors without being fully covered, or NEVER smiling. Yeah, seriously. This is ridiculous of course, but so is indulging in triple cheeseburgers and milk shakes every night. I'll write up something more detailed when I have posting privileges.

DonnyGately

Pelican
Great hair, baby face and not being overweight helps. Girls no longer think I'm in my late 20s unless it's a dark bar, but generally guess 10-15 years younger. Even when I'm completely suited up. Some girls are only 5-7 years off but no closer, which is good for mid-40s.

No drugs, no smoking, drink less than I used to, way too much caffeine, used to get too much sun now the opposite, sunscreen if I go out. Having a fresh shave def makes a difference for me also.

They still don't care how old I am. They're 22, 23, 26, it never comes up. They want the older man or have a daddy fantasy which is basically my niche. Met plenty of 19-21s earlier this year and had fun, they had to think I was 15 years older.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
reverup said:

1. use a quality sunscreen, minimum 30 SPF, preferably 50 in the summer. You should reapply every couple of hours when you're in the sun. I've seen way too many beautiful young women ruin their looks as soon as in their early 20's because of excess sun exposure and no sunscreen. Apply to any and all exposed body areas: not just the face, but hands, chest, neck, arms, legs. Also, use a lip balm with spf daily. Yes, I am recommending you use lip balm. With SPF protection. Daily.

2. wear a summer hat when outdoors. These are surprisingly stylish, but the typical summer hat gives you nearly full coverage for your face and neck.

3. avoid drinking. Not only is alcohol a neurotoxin but it's also a diuretic which can lead to premature wrinkling. Drugs are a no no for too many reasons to list here, all of them self evident. Ignore "scientific" studies which claim that daily moderate drinking is healthy. It is not. These so-called "studies" are funded by the alcohol industry.

4. remain physically active, but avoid exercises which can lead to joint damage, such as lifting excessive weight or running on concrete as examples.

5. eat properly. Eat organic whenever possible. Most of your food should be prepared at home from the freshest ingredients you can buy. Avoid processed foods whenever possible. Canned and frozen are fine. Processed foods are not. You think prepping your own meals is too time consuming? It is not. It takes just as much time, if not more so, waiting in a drive through at typical meal hours than it does to prep your own meal.

7. take appropriate supplements to keep your mind and body healthy. A quality daily multivitamin is a good start, and I believe essential.

From what I've seen, only a small percentage of people use sunscreen on a regular basis. Perhaps a majority will when "sunbathing" but daily sunscreen application is mandatory if you want to maintain a youthful appearance.

From what I've seen, few people bother eating right. Fast food, junk food and sodas are extremely popular. They're used as legal drugs by a majority of the population.

A large percentage of the population suffers from some mental disorder for which they take prescribed medications, which damage their minds and bodies and impairs judgement.

There's plenty more, but the above are mandatory at a minimum. They are very easy tips to follow and should be practiced as daily habits.

Try to find a bit of balance here. Some people go to extremes, as in NEVER going outdoors without being fully covered, or NEVER smiling. Yeah, seriously. This is ridiculous of course, but so is indulging in triple cheeseburgers and milk shakes every night. I'll write up something more detailed when I have posting privileges.

Although I agree with most of your points, there are a few issues here;

-Sun exposure makes you look more attractive, and by a significant margin also. (At least in the shorter term, prior to any eventual long term damage to skin cells.)

-Alcohol (and to a lesser extent caffeine) are usually always a fixture in the settings of dates/short term flings etc. So avoiding those will be hard in the context of meeting women for "you know what."

-I guess you could work around these things by limiting sun exposure in general, but deliberately get some sun if possible prior to dates etc. You can also avoid alcohol and caffeine in general, but cheat in a smart way in the aforementioned settings. By drinking smaller amounts, and sticking to dry red wines and organic coffee etc.

-I also should mention that if you want to slow down your rate of aging, you have to limit protein somewhat. Insulin resistance and high insulin levels as a result of hyperglycemia (and it`s negative health effects) is something most are aware of at this point. But the chronic effect of a high protein diet will have some of the same effects in regards to increased IGF-1 signaling. Without going in to further detail, there is definitely an antagonistic relationship between growth and longevity. So if you want to put on muscles in order to look better, you should be aware that the necessary high protein diet will increase your rate of aging. (dairy/bovine IGF-1/BCAA`s in particular) Best to find a middle ground with some muscle mass I think.

Johnnyvee said:
reverup said:

-Sun exposure makes you look more attractive, and by a significant margin also. (At least in the shorter term, prior to any eventual long term damage to skin cells.)

No, it does not. It leads to premature wrinkling and age spots. Naturally darker skinned people can avoid wrinkles for a longer period of time, but with excess exposure and not enough protection, their skin will also wrinkle and age prematurely.

Johnnyvee said:
-Alcohol (and to a lesser extent caffeine) are usually always a fixture in the settings of dates/short term flings etc. So avoiding those will be hard in the context of meeting women for "you know what."

Yes, they are. Which is why most people age poorly. The question is, how do you avoid aging poorly. By avoiding alcohol.

Johnnyvee said:
-I guess you could work around these things by limiting sun exposure in general, but deliberately get some sun if possible prior to dates etc. You can also avoid alcohol and caffeine in general, but cheat in a smart way in the aforementioned settings. By drinking smaller amounts, and sticking to dry red wines and organic coffee etc.

There's absolutely no point in "getting some sun" prior to a date. You don't need more than 10 to 15 minutes of exposure a day, and even if you don't, you can take a supplement. Organic coffee is still a diuretic. There's no advantage to drinking red vs white wine: both contain alcohol which is a diuretic and a neurotoxin. Any study which claims that alcohol in and of itself is beneficial is fraudulent. You would be far better off eating organic grapes or grape juice although int he latter case, your sugar consumption would be very high, which is bad for your health and also for your teeth in particular. Stained teeth are unattractive and cavities are unhealthy, assuming you want to keep your teeth.

Johnnyvee said:
-I also should mention that if you want to slow down your rate of aging, you have to limit protein somewhat.

Probably true, but it's important to limit caloric intake in general. This is especially important as most people are far more sedentary these days compared to just a few decades ago.

It seems you have a preference for dark skin; don't assume this is a universal preference. There are women who are gorgeous who have darker skin; but there are also many gorgeous women with lighter skin even milky white skin.

DonnyGately said:
Great hair, baby face and not being overweight helps. Girls no longer think I'm in my late 20s unless it's a dark bar, but generally guess 10-15 years younger. Even when I'm completely suited up. Some girls are only 5-7 years off but no closer, which is good for mid-40s.

No drugs, no smoking, drink less than I used to, way too much caffeine, used to get too much sun now the opposite, sunscreen if I go out. Having a fresh shave def makes a difference for me also.

They still don't care how old I am. They're 22, 23, 26, it never comes up. They want the older man or have a daddy fantasy which is basically my niche. Met plenty of 19-21s earlier this year and had fun, they had to think I was 15 years older.

You've contradicted yourself multiple times here. You say you are "mid 40's" or 45. Ish. You say women guess you are 10 to 15 years younger. This places you at around 30.

1. You say women no longer guess you are late 20's. Yet they are guessing you are 30. There really is no way of telling a 29 year old from a 30 year old.

2. You say the issue of age never comes up. Yet, many people are guessing your age. This means your age is actually coming up.

3. You say you look 30 years of age, yet 21-26 year old women are attracted to you because you fulfill a niche daddy fantasy (your words). Women who are 21 to 26 generally have parents in their 50's, yet you look 30.

A 26 year old or even 21 year old woman can't have a "daddy fantasy" about a 30 year old man. A 21 year old with a 30 year old father hypothetically must have been born when her father was 9. That's not biologically possible.

The reality is that you actually look your age (45. Ish) if you are fulfilling a "daddy fantasy" but there are too many contradictions (everything you've written contradicts everything else you've written so none of it can possibly make any sense) for any of it to be considered even remotely accurate. Your credibility in this post at least is 0/10.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
reverup said:
Johnnyvee said:
reverup said:

No, it does not. It leads to premature wrinkling and age spots. Naturally darker skinned people can avoid wrinkles for a longer period of time, but with excess exposure and not enough protection, their skin will also wrinkle and age prematurely.

Johnnyvee said:

Yes, they are. Which is why most people age poorly. The question is, how do you avoid aging poorly. By avoiding alcohol.

Johnnyvee said:

There's absolutely no point in "getting some sun" prior to a date. You don't need more than 10 to 15 minutes of exposure a day, and even if you don't, you can take a supplement. Organic coffee is still a diuretic. There's no advantage to drinking red vs white wine: both contain alcohol which is a diuretic and a neurotoxin. Any study which claims that alcohol in and of itself is beneficial is fraudulent. You would be far better off eating organic grapes or grape juice although int he latter case, your sugar consumption would be very high, which is bad for your health and also for your teeth in particular. Stained teeth are unattractive and cavities are unhealthy, assuming you want to keep your teeth.

Johnnyvee said:
-I also should mention that if you want to slow down your rate of aging, you have to limit protein somewhat.

Probably true, but it's important to limit caloric intake in general. This is especially important as most people are far more sedentary these days compared to just a few decades ago.

It seems you have a preference for dark skin; don't assume this is a universal preference. There are women who are gorgeous who have darker skin; but there are also many gorgeous women with lighter skin even milky white skin.

-Age spots are caused primarily by the build up of AGES, and not as much UV radiation. Glycation is also is a major cause of wrinkles, as is an inflammatory diet. Although I agree that excessive sun exposure is a bad thing. But evolution has adapted us to tolerate sun light to some extent, and it also plays a role in things like seasonal mating, appetite, growth, immunity, post natal cognitive development, D-vitamin status etc. I don`t think the idea that sun exposure is all bad is entirely correct. It depends on your phylogeny, (race) and the amount of sun exposure you get. I do think a tan looks good though, on white chicks that is.

-I`m not a fan of booze either, and alcohol effects all cells not just nerve/glial cells. My point was too illustrate how you can get away with a little bit in the best manner. Dry red wines are better due to them containing less sugar, and possibly the effects of resveratrol also. There is a difference there if you compare to other forms of alcohol. But we`re on the same page as to the negative effects, it`s the question of reducing those effects that I addressed. Grape juice (and juice in general) is a horrible idea I would say. If you want to glycate your proteins, elevate blood sugar, increase insulin/IGF-1 signalling, suppress SHBG/elevate DHT and generally age as fast as possible I would recommend high fructose fruits and their juices. (As you alluded to)

Sun exposure isn't "all bad," as you put it, but you don't need much exposure for sufficient vitamin D. 10-15 minutes a day is sufficient.

You don't need resveratrol. You don't need red wine. Anyone who says so is an alcohol industry shill. Just eat foods high in antioxidants.

None of this stuff is complicated, really. It's just that people are fed bad information 24/7, and become slaves to their vices: sugar, alcohol, junk, processed food. Plus, yes, they spend far too much time in the sun and do little to protect themselves.

It's not as if you can never go outdoors, but you do need to be sensible about protection. I wear a quality, effective sunscreen and reapply every 2 to 3 hours if I am outdoors for an extended period of time. So simple. So effective.

Solitaire

Robin
My latest understanding of sunscreen for UV protection is that it helps block the damaging rays, which are the spectrum that penetrates cloud cover. If this is the case, sunscreen on sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days. Smoking and sun damage are by far the worst offenders for premature aging of the skin, especially the face.

I'm 51 now, never smoked in my life but I've lived near beaches practically my entire life, including getting many bad burns as a kid when we lived in Hawaii. I've been using tretinoin (Retin-A) since I was 37, on the advice of a dermatologist that I regard highly. I wash my face, neck, and hands/forearms with Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser (sorry, this is sounding like an advert) once a day, in the shower, instead of soap for those areas. The Retin-A is every other night, takes about 30 seconds - this is not some crazy long ritual, and has significantly helped my skin. I have less wrinkles than when I was in my late 30s. In the last few months I've started using 0.1% tretinoin on my hands and tops of my forearms as well, since I'm finally starting to show wrinkles on my hands.

What shows my age more than anything now is that I've gone completely gray in the last five years or so (see pic, that's me <---). It's practically white on the sides and back, and darker shades up top. So I keep my hair high n tight, for the most part. Oh, and the veneers help, too! Pearly whites. Now to lose the fifteen lbs I've put on in the last year thanks to extremely stressful life happenings ...

rudebwoy

Peacock
Gold Member
Young girls have daddy issues, more like sugar daddy issues.

I myself may look 10-15 years younger than my age, but I will never have the energy level of a young man.

Most men over age 40, will be more reserved and laid back. Girls aren't stupid, they can size you up in two seconds.

I like alcohol and sometimes I overindulge, but do you really need a study to tell you drinking too much is a bad thing.

Sugar and Salt is toxic for the body, what food doesn't contain these two substances.

Let's keep it real.

reverup said:
Since everyone posting in this thread looks "10 to 15 years younger" than their age, there is no need for this thread. Awesome!

I'm nearly 64, everyone guesses my age as over 60.
But my wife is 30+ and my son is 8.
Their ages are easily guessed as well.

Eusebius

Hummingbird
Gold Member
reverup said:
Since everyone posting in this thread looks "10 to 15 years younger" than their age, there is no need for this thread. Awesome!

This is a real thing, however it may not just be a whole lot of guys with unrealistic views of themselves. It's partially that if you say an age like "50" many people have a negative view of that, but actually a normal healthy 50 year old man - non-smoker, exercises - is actual pretty virile and attractive to women. They are genuinely surprised when you tell them your age.

Another thing I've found with internet dating is that nearly every guy over 40 takes 5 years off, so women who date these guys actually think that a "50 year old man" looks like a real 55-year old.

velkrum

Kingfisher
jackthenerd said:
So a lot of you guys are saying that people are guessing that you're 10-15 years younger than you are. How are you all aging so well ?

I stopped aging 28 years ago. A huge part of it is genetics. My entire familial blood line, from my mothers side to my fathers side are ageless vampires. Combine, exceptional genetics with an unmatched commitment to health and fitness (no drinking or smoking EVER) with equal diligence to skin care and you will literally become ageless or reverse the aging process (appearance wise).

As far as revealing my age..I personally don't do it.

Being a good looking "older" guy is a double edged sword. It feels great attracting high school to elderly age women but it puts a huge burden on your shoulders to preserve the young attractive image and persona that people love about you.

I revealed my age to a small handful of older women (28 and above) whom I was seriously dating. I had no choice when they became angered and distrustful with my playful avoidance of age, they needed proof that I wasn't 19-21.

While at face value that sort of thing is very flattering and a huge ego boost it is a psychological nightmare to deal with. I am always worried about my looks fading and constantly wondering if women under 24 think I'm too old to settle down with, knowing I could easily lie about being 28 years younger, but recognizing WHY lying is appealing in the first place.

Age for a few lucky souls is nothing but a number...but the perception behind that number is the depressing reality I constantly deal with.

"Wow you're hot !!....wait you're how old ? oh my god, thats how old my dad is !!!"

"Wow you're hot !!....wait you're how old ? oh my god, you're older than my mom !!!"

velkrum said:
jackthenerd said:
So a lot of you guys are saying that people are guessing that you're 10-15 years younger than you are. How are you all aging so well ?

I stopped aging 28 years ago. A huge part of it is genetics. My entire familial blood line, from my mothers side to my fathers side are ageless vampires.

"Wow you're hot !!....wait you're how old ? oh my god, thats how old my dad is !!!"

"Wow you're hot !!....wait you're how old ? oh my god, you're older than my mom !!!"

Keyboard jockeying 10/10.

doc holliday

Pelican
Gold Member
velkrum said:
jackthenerd said:

I stopped aging 28 years ago. A huge part of it is genetics. My entire familial blood line, from my mothers side to my fathers side are ageless vampires. Combine, exceptional genetics with an unmatched commitment to health and fitness (no drinking or smoking EVER) with equal diligence to skin care and you will literally become ageless or reverse the aging process (appearance wise).

As far as revealing my age..I personally don't do it.

Being a good looking "older" guy is a double edged sword. It feels great attracting high school to elderly age women but it puts a huge burden on your shoulders to preserve the young attractive image and persona that people love about you.

I revealed my age to a small handful of older women (28 and above) whom I was seriously dating. I had no choice when they became angered and distrustful with my playful avoidance of age, they needed proof that I wasn't 19-21.

While at face value that sort of thing is very flattering and a huge ego boost it is a psychological nightmare to deal with. I am always worried about my looks fading and constantly wondering if women under 24 think I'm too old to settle down with, knowing I could easily lie about being 28 years younger, but recognizing WHY lying is appealing in the first place.

Age for a few lucky souls is nothing but a number...but the perception behind that number is the depressing reality I constantly deal with.

:facepalm3:

That means if you're 40 you look like a 12 year old?

Out of curiosity, has anyone else tried posting photos on an age guessing website? With photos from this year, I'm right at 15 years below my actual age. However, the spread of guesses is simultaneously confusing and amusing.

1. almost no one has guessed my actual age within a year or two (just 1 or 2 people?)

2. quite a few people are guessing teens or early 20's.

3. almost all guesses are at least 5 years younger than actual age, but some guess three decades younger, or more.

ChefAllDay

Kingfisher
I don't get the fascination of wanting to look younger. If you don't look like your 70 you need to be maximizing your Old Man Game. It's fine to look after yourself and minimize the effects of aging by being healthy, lying about your age is not a good look IMO.