Older Guys (40+)

ChefAllDay said:
I don't get the fascination of wanting to look younger. If you don't look like your 70 you need to be maximizing your Old Man Game. It's fine to look after yourself and minimize the effects of aging by being healthy, lying about your age is not a good look IMO.

This.

I have yet to date a younger woman that wanted to me look younger. Most that I'm interested in adore the older look, mentality, and ability to do what I want that comes with age and success.

46...looks 46 (and shows they gray proudly...christ, I earned it).
 

Hypno

Crow
I get a lot of compliments on my salt and pepper look and small stuff like the ability to cook, get stuff done etc. just normal life skills that a woman under 25 might not have.

You don’t have to look 28.
 
Hypno said:
I get a lot of compliments on my salt and pepper look and small stuff like the ability to cook, get stuff done etc. just normal life skills that a woman under 25 might not have.

You don’t have to look 28.

That's just third world female rationalization. She digs the money bro. Look at any first world country where women aren't starving. Women have a strong preference for younger or at least younger looking men (20-40). A few gold-diggers will settle for a rich man, but it's not the norm.

It's amusing when rich tourists roll into town. They buy drinks for the younger gals in the first half of the evening. Then the girls ditch the old rich guys and leave with me at the end of the night. :)

velkrum said:
doc holliday said:
That means if you're 40 you look like a 12 year old?
small typo on my part. The number 28 was in my head thinking about the women in my post. I pass for someone in their very early 20's

I call 100% bullsh*t.
 

velkrum

Kingfisher
Hypno said:
Keyboard jockey is someone who pretends to be something online but fails in real life

Thanks for the clarification.

I have never met you or anyone else that has called me a "keyboard jockey" in real life.
 

zoom

Kingfisher
Gold Member
doc holliday said:
That means if you're 40 you look like a 12 year old?

This forum has a long history so I thought we covered all the bases for trolls, apparently not.

New type of troll: The Benjamin Button troll
 

Hypno

Crow
I’m not into name calling but there have been several posts whose purpose had seemed to make dubious brags rather than seek counsel or provide advice. I mean if you are 40 and look 28 years younger I’m not sure folks on this thread can help you

And the bigger point is when you are 40 or 50 you get more mileage from owning your age than from trying to appear younger
 
Hypno said:
I’m not into name calling but there have been several posts whose purpose had seemed to make dubious brags rather than seek counsel or provide advice. I mean if you are 40 and look 28 years younger I’m not sure folks on this thread can help you

And the bigger point is when you are 40 or 50 you get more mileage from owning your age than from trying to appear younger

You have to wonder where someone is at mentally to claim they look 3 decades younger. They can't be in a good headspace. A 50 year old begging for attention on rooshv forum is rather sad.
 

velkrum

Kingfisher
Hypno said:
And the bigger point is when you are 40 or 50 you get more mileage from owning your age than from trying to appear younger

Disagree. Women, like men, have a strong appreciation for aesthetics.

All things being equal except how young a man looks, who would most women (especially younger women) PREFER.

An attractive muscular 40 year old man with a million dollars that looks like he is 40

or

An attractive muscular 40 year old man with a million dollars that looks like he is 24.
 

worldwidetraveler

Hummingbird
Gold Member
velkrum said:
Disagree. Women, like men, have a strong appreciation for aesthetics.

You seem to be talking about something entirely different to what Hypno was saying. A older man will look foolish when trying to look and act younger. While the guy who accepts his age and looks/acts appropriately will be seen as more confident.



You can't change your genes. We have threads discussing how to maximize what God gave you. There is only so much you have control over. It's better to own what you can't change.

All things being equal except how young a man looks, who would most women (especially younger women) PREFER to be with.

An attractive muscular 40 year old man with a million dollars that looks like he is 40

or

An attractive muscular 40 year old man with a million dollars that looks like he is 24.


1 million dollars isn't enough to make a difference either way. You're not going to be living a lifestyle that would attract women on its own.
 

SeaFM

Kingfisher
I have a baby face, but my beard is almost entirely white just a circle around my mouth is still brown including ‘stashe, so if I grow it out, forget about fooling anyone.

Hair is thinning and sides are greying.

What can you do...not much.

I coloured my beard for a while but I found it didn’t match my sides, so I let the white beard flow.

I shaved it off completely a few months ago and now am considering regrowing it.

In my experience, most younger women do not want to date someone their fathers age.

The ones that do are usually really fucked up, or they’re in it for financial gain.

It’s the circle of life. When you’re closing in on 50, this is your reality, unless you’re a rock star or actor.
 

questor70

Ostrich
velkrum said:

I don't necessarily wear it all the time but I actually have that shirt. I'd rather acknowledge the prejudice that younger people have and own it than to be self-conscious about it. The older you get the more you begin to give no f*cks and just do your own thing even if it's unfashionable. Sort of a Johnny Lawrence Cobra Kai ethos.
 
velkrum said:
Hypno said:
And the bigger point is when you are 40 or 50 you get more mileage from owning your age than from trying to appear younger

Disagree. Women, like men, have a strong appreciation for aesthetics.

All things being equal except how young a man looks, who would most women (especially younger women) PREFER.

An attractive muscular 40 year old man with a million dollars that looks like he is 40

or

An attractive muscular 40 year old man with a million dollars that looks like he is 24.

But you're a 40 year old "man" with a million dollars who looks 12. That means you must hit on girls ages 9 to 11. How's that workin' out for ya. Jeffrey Epstein game.
 

Hypno

Crow
I know lots of guys who are 40+, look 40+, are out of shape, balding, i.e. average for 40+ but who own it and still get laid.

Sure, looking healthier is a good idea for yourself and for game, but its not necessary to get results.
 

Leads

Robin
45 here. Destroyed my neighbors in basketball yesterday, one after another (15 yrs younger). They stopped talked shit after realizing that I was making them look like chumps. (I played at a top high school that produced several NBA players, but you'd never suspect it).

People that generalize age are often fools. You literally couldn't pay me to go back to my 20's or 30's. So many mistakes and hard lessons that took far too long to sink in. Listen to elders for any scraps of wisdom. I talk to 60/70 year olds and mostly listen.

Each generation back had it tougher and tougher the farther you go
 

DonnyGately

Pelican
1) Genetics. I've always had a baby face. My mother looks 10+ younger than her 78 years.

2) College girls can't tell the difference btw 37 and 42 and 46. I have salt n pepper hair, I dress 'older,' but really they don't know and don't care. If they did they wouldn't come meet me at a bar at 9 on a weeknight.
 
Top