Older Guys (40+)

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
Well fellas, I can finally browse this thread. I am in the 40+ demographic.

Salinger

Woodpecker
Amazingly, you're the only other person I've really heard say (or type) this, which has always been tremendously important to me. I've gone out with girls that I've enjoyed the company of, but deep down I always said to myself, "I can't be with someone with that name." I know that sounds funny, but I'm dead serious. And I know where it comes from - funny how much impact your parents can have on you.

I'm biased towards certain names too. I always wanted to date a Heather, but for some reason I can never meet them. Usually, the girls I end up clicking with have lame, un-sexy names like Cathy...and I can honestly say that it irks me.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
A name can do a lot.

I once fell for a girl named Kayla. Not physically attracted to her, not personally compatible. At the time that’s all she needed to do was have that name. I was a teen though

griffinmill

Kingfisher
I'm obsessed with the name Rhiannon because I love that Fleetwood Mac song. About five years ago I had a brief encounter with a girl with that name who I picked up on Plenty of Fish. She was about 21 and I was 35 at the time. Had a few fun hours with her in my car (but no sex).

velkrum

Kingfisher
Gents, I am lonely, very lonely. Have any of you given up and just settled? i'm so lonely it might just be good for me to settle for a 45 year old 5. You guys over 45 who can go out with 50 year old women are lucky believe it or not, I consider you guys graced. I knew a couple of guys like that , I couldn't believe the women I saw them with, and now, I realize that they were the fortunate ones.
Sounds to me like you are Low on the SMV scale. If you are an unattractive man you will have to import a girlfriend/wife from a 3rd world country, BUT !! before you do that, please do everything in your power to maximize your looks and your personality, don't be a socially awkward weirdo that is unpleasant to be around.
  • Hygiene (Teeth, Nails, Body Odor, perineal care)
  • Scent
  • Hairstyle + Facial hair + Body Hair
  • Muscular physique
  • Skin care (Cleansers, Toners, Serums, Moisturizers, Sunscreen)
  • Style/Clothing
If you have not mastered any of the topics above then you are not ready for dating (despite how nice, smart and intellectual you think you may be).

Last edited:

TheMaleBrain

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I just turned 48 and don't know if I'll ever date again. Looking out at the current landscape, there isn't much out there. I feel really bad for the younger guys coming up in this toxic culture.
Dude
That's the wrong attitude.
Why shouldn't you date again?
Yes - selection is not good, but from my experience you may probably look further and try new grounds.

I'm almost your age and don't see any issue.

TheMaleBrain

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Amazingly, you're the only other person I've really heard say (or type) this, which has always been tremendously important to me. I've gone out with girls that I've enjoyed the company of, but deep down I always said to myself, "I can't be with someone with that name." I know that sounds funny, but I'm dead serious. And I know where it comes from - funny how much impact your parents can have on you.
I have the same feeling about a specific name.
My first heartbreak.
Can't be with anyone who answer to that name.

Feel better knowing I'm not the only one with "this type of crazy"

snige

Once you get into your late 30's and above , unless you are in good physical shape and a good looking guy and/or have considerable amounts of money/power/influence/fame chances are that you will not be picking up too many women in the age range of 20 -30.

It's possible , but its also alot more difficult.

What you are also faced with is a plethora of desperate single mothers , divorcees (with or without kids) trying to latch onto a man , unatractive/obese women that noone wants , women with personality disorders that have been on the "fucked and dumped" cycle, and the plain crazy.
I was 59 (and I’m not rich and I’m average in looks and build, but I am intelligent and well-read) when I went out with a reasonably beautiful woman age 32 also living in France. I think it’s down to the mindset. I went out with her to have fun and to get over my previous girlfriend with whom I fell in love. I recognised that with the age difference it was not likely to work. We enjoyed our times together. And she opened the opportunity to my going out with a very beautiful woman (not just external beauty) age 49 with whom we’re looking forward to marry )))

TheMaleBrain

Kingfisher
Gold Member
A

A better question would be: what do you really get out of dating?
Fair question.
I'll say that I:
1. Enjoy the seduction process.
2. Enjoy the female company.
3. Enjoy challenges (to an extent).
4. Enjoy the sex.
5. Believe that we do need feminine companionship (not all the time)

Now
If you are an introvert, and have little patience for stupidity - I get why you may want to go full MGTOW.
It's up to you, but I highly recommend attitude change.

I thought as a middle aged man that my romantic life would be largely over, but that was not the case. What I found were western women who in their twenties would not have dated me, but now being my age, with their much reduced smv, they are what I would describe as fairly desperate. I am tall, aging fairly gracefully, mildly handsome, and not overweight, which they like. I admit to having a grudge against American women, for how I was treated back in my twenties.

I decided to go with a Filipina in her own country, which boosted my smv and financial attractiveness. She is in her late thirties and I am about a decade older. We are currently expecting a child together.

I remember the girlfriend of an American friend back home, who grilled me about moving to the Philippines. This really upset her, and she kept on asking if I had a problem with American women! Lol I tried to be diplomatic with her. As soon as it was known that I was moving to the Philippines for a woman, I had several American females hitting on me.

Lionheart

Sparrow
Cynic ;)...
I'm just saying many times that is the case. I worked for a company years ago where all of the young women swooned over this guy who was a total dirt bag. Nothing about this guy was attractive and he had sex with every hot young woman in the place. Turns out they were having sex with him because he gave them free drugs to do so.

I'm biased towards certain names too. I always wanted to date a Heather, but for some reason I can never meet them. Usually, the girls I end up clicking with have lame, un-sexy names like Cathy...and I can honestly say that it irks me.

Oddly enough a coworker of mine named Zoë has been giving me ioi's. I've always liked the name Zoë even if it was bastardized by the chicks gamergate couldn't stand.

Always smiling to see me, eye dilation, extra nice to me vs other coworkers, and has this sense of innocence that she's not jaded or Alpha widowed yet.
She's young, has her father in her life, but she's got a nose ring and curses. How does a 35 year old guy approach an 18 y.o./19 y.o. girl that's exhibiting recognizable interest. I'm usually pretty blind on this stuff and I just have a super bluff capacity for the most part.

I noticed her checking me out on the day I grabbed the wrong shorts for my work uniform and they were a tad more revealing than I realized and, while it was a windy day that essentially "printed" my baby making parts when I had to go deliver some supplies ,I was on my way back inside with the 45mph winds blasting me , and she was staring almost so blatantly to the point that I noticed. I had a small crush on her when I started but disqualified pretty quickly for some LTR potential based on the nose ring and the fact she curses.
I'm not gonna try to smash and dash, I'm at the point where I'd like to reciprocate interest but only if the seeds result in long term fruits.
Being that I'm not some next level chad for a EE woman, I figured take a chance here and guide her gently to forsake some of these earthly/fleshly "custom s"
So, poop where I eat ? Or ignore this extra attention?