On average, how regularly have you worn a mask, if at all, during the pandemic?

On average, how regularly have you worn a mask, if at all, during the pandemic?

• Never

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • Infrequently

Votes: 89 47.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Often

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • Almost always (Indoors)

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Almost Always (Indoors and outdoors)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I sleep, shower, etc. in mine

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Joe316

Robin
I have to wear medical masks at the grocery store, public transport and church, as I'm banned to work in my profession (musician). At certain city areas I have to wear them outdoors, but I don't comply.

The masks don't work - especially at church I still catch the cold regularly.

I'm not to worried about mask mandates anymore. With tests and vax becoming mandatory, I might get banned from church and other gathering places anyway.

Where I'm at, there is next to no mask wearing. But it's a very rural area. I'm lucky enough to have a small independent grocer in a small town near me where the employees don't even wear masks. Some folks here still wear them (1-3% maybe), but none of them say anything to those who don't. With all that said, I don't venture out of my local community too much anymore because I just don't feel like dealing with the stupidity. I'm lucky enough to have a remote work job and a large family that makes it really easy to remain local.

I thank God for that every day.

I do wear it in supermarkets and public transport (everything else is closed here in the NL lol). However I never wear it over my nose. Haven't gotten 1 comment about it. Moreover, I see many reports here about when people once start to not wear a mask, the next in queue is likely to take it off and before you know no one in a store wears it. Moreover, same goes if the shop owner or assistent e.g. someone with authority does it. This is somewhat hopeful for we know it all depends on our acquiescence with the measures, however on the other hand it is disturbing cause you know that just the person with the most authority have to say to do it and probably no one will step us (old analogy of the car gets into the water and everyone looks around to the others to dive in and help, yet no one does it..)

Besides getting past security, I didn't wear one all last week in a local hospital whilst there with a family member and here I am, still. Zero symptoms. Plenty of staff wearing it only over their mouth and clearly weren't too interested in following the rules when nobody was looking.

El Draque

Sparrow
You have to wear them in supermarkets & metro here. Because i am not native, i dont want to come across as a foreigner flouting their laws (however retarded they might be, i dont break law in foreign countries), i comply at very least in part.

On occasions i've wandered in without (absent mindedly) no ones ever stopped thme & told me to muzzle up. I wear them always half-mast, & often just around my chin. As to half the staff in many places. Again no one seems to care.

My MO is generally to walk around with it over chin, or low, and then raise it when approaching the kiosk, or if around an old person. Purely on the basis not doing so may cause the latter stress, and that kiosk staff have to deal with customers relatively close all day, and 9 times out of ten are old and fat anyway (eg at risk).

Where i am just feels like everything is just a box ticking exercise, which is exactly what it all is. Jumping through the hoop for Global Finance.

I have a 15-minute limit on wearing a mask. If it cant be done in 15 minutes, it's not worth doing (in a mask). Only exceptions would be something family-related. I journey to a Holy Mass which is mask-free every Sunday.

Batman_

Kingfisher
The only place I wear mine is at the gym because I would rather not cause a scene and get my membership revoked. I have not seen a single person not wearing a mask there. I do pull it off my nose despite the fact that there are signs everywhere saying not to do this, but I haven't been reprimanded yet.

Otherwise I will wear one when entering a restaurant or bar but take it off once I am seated and never put it on again.

I used to wear mine at the grocery store but now I've stopped doing that. I have had a few employees ask me to put it on but most of the time they don't say anything. If a non-employee ever asked me to put one on I'd definitely ignore them but that has surprisingly never happened.

I am actually pretty shocked how much I'm able to get away with this because my city is pretty leftist and the overwhelming majority of people wear masks 24/7, even outdoors on a sunny day. I regularly see joggers with full face masks on too, it's absolutely appalling.

Last edited:

NY Digital

Pelican
Gold Member
The only place I wear mine is at the gym because I would rather not cause a scene and get my membership revoked. I have not seen a single person not wearing a mask there. I do pull it off my nose despite the fact that there are signs everywhere saying not to do this, but I haven't been reprimanded yet.

Join a gym that doesn't require one. I've seen plenty. US though.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
My gym has a board saying no groups, wear a mask between equipment and wipe the equipment down. Nobody does any of that crap except wipe stuff down and I only carry the spray and cloth around just incase someone whines.

When someone walks in with a mask they quickly see others aren't wearing one when walking around so they take it off. It is quite funny to see social norms play out in real time.

Clemenza

Pigeon
The only time I ever wear a mask is if I enter a business that requires it, and the only time I do THAT is when its absolutely essential (picking up milk/formula for the young'n) I hate wearing masks still, but why spend time having a conflict with the poor peasant working in Walmart? Plus, I don't live in a big city so if I ever did actually get 'banned' from my local Walmart, it would cause a hassle I don't need.

When people said that fighting the mask is "not a hill to die on", I kind of scoffed at that notion at first, but now that the vaccine / vaccine passport definitely IS a hill to die on, I tend to agree. At the same time though, mask compliance was the gateway...

This summer my friends are talking about going to a sporting event that would require either a covid test or covid shot, AND you still have to wear a mask. Talk about a triple whammy of nonsense. I may decline more because of the mask mandate, if I were to actually go through with the covid test for entry, the fact that I have to then stay with my little assigned group AND wear a mask on top of that outdoors is ridiculous.

The only time I ever wear a mask is if I enter a business that requires it, and the only time I do THAT is when its absolutely essential (picking up milk/formula for the young'n) I hate wearing masks still, but why spend time having a conflict with the poor peasant working in Walmart? Plus, I don't live in a big city so if I ever did actually get 'banned' from my local Walmart, it would cause a hassle I don't need.

When people said that fighting the mask is "not a hill to die on", I kind of scoffed at that notion at first, but now that the vaccine / vaccine passport definitely IS a hill to die on, I tend to agree. At the same time though, mask compliance was the gateway...

This summer my friends are talking about going to a sporting event that would require either a covid test or covid shot, AND you still have to wear a mask. Talk about a triple whammy of nonsense. I may decline more because of the mask mandate, if I were to actually go through with the covid test for entry, the fact that I have to then stay with my little assigned group AND wear a mask on top of that outdoors is ridiculous.
Good news, you just came down with a severe case of asymptomatic needoxygentobreathitis. You now qualify for a medical exemption.

I was just forced to wear a mask for the second time (I don't think that's an exaggeration)...

I was threatened with deportation if I didn't pay some BS fine TODAY, and the stupid bish cashier at the bank wouldn't accept payment unless I wore one.

At first I said I didn't have one, then I wore the one they gave me on my head hooked to my ears (like a small hat)... but she insisted "I wear it properly... and over your nose"

Disgusting.

I HATE these moronic civilian enforcers.She was behind GLASS ffs. I should have flobbed at her, like the guy in 'Due Date'.

Frightening though... mask today, and when you're faced with a tough ultimatum like that, makes you think what you'd do if it was the vax.

Personally given up on the idea of going to anything like that not putting myself through that I'm not a seal doing tricks at Seaworld it is pathetic. Only a distraction from growing faith, exercise and growing food.

Every act of compliance enables the bullshit...

If 10% of the 80% who know it's a hoax, but go along to get along simply didn't, they'd join the 10% who never will, and that just might be enough to tip the scales.

There are MILLIONS of people justifying their acquiesence by refusing to be 'a lone hero'.

scubadude

Woodpecker
At a sandwich place the other day.

Sir, you need a mask to come in here.

Even if it’s to go?

Yes.

I have a medical condition.

Oh ok. That’s fine then, what is it?

You know you’re not supposed to ask that but I’m not ashamed. Male pattern baldness.

Oh ok

*proceeds to serve me

If I don't wear a mask then they don't serve me at shops. So I take on a mask there. It is a few times a week for about 5-30 minutes. We order most food to our home and this way we can mask less.

I don't wear it in work only when I visit customers and they have a mask policy but I rarely do that. Where I am the guest who wants business I adhere to all rules. It is not my job to change their policies. I fear that at the end the vax will also be mandatory and I will not be able to do business any more. But as long as I can I will not stop working on the principle to protest the mask. I would estimate it 4-8 hours a month altogether.

The mask is mandatory everywhere outside but luckily it is not really enforced yet. Where I live many people don't wear it on the streets but they don't speak out against it. I am basically alone with my anti-mask stance so I can not do much but bear with what others coerce on me.

Last edited: