Online dating in 2007 vs now: what the h-ll happened?

Australia Sucks

Kingfisher
^^^^^^^How can guys be so thirsty? I am in a long dry spell at the moment and I still would not lower my standards to that level. I would rather continue to go without. Men clearly have no dignity any more.

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
My initial reaction would mirror those of other posters. However...I work on/near a university. There is almost no social interaction between students (aside from handheld devices) that I see. Guys will go online and spam every single girl in the hopes that one of them will give them the time of day. It is an odd combination of laziness, social awkwardness and social ineptness fostered via technology. Brave New World

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
SlickyBoy said:
^I'm waving the BS flag on that pic. Thirst is real, but is it THAT real?!

The person in that Tinder profile is the guy who made the infamous black pill video - well known around incel circles.

One of the things that goes in incel circles is to do social experiments on dating apps to test out their theories on dating. Some of them took a picture of Eggy and feminized it and made a Tinder profile out of it to show that even the lowest value women will get plenty of attention.

N°6

Ostrich
GibsMeDat said:
To understand the thirst, one must realize that there are upwards of 4 times as many men than women on tinder

https://www.statista.com/statistics/975925/us-tinder-user-ratio-gender/

That's correct, tinder is 80% guys, 20% women. In the UK it's as bad as 90-10.

In the UK, it was estimated by Ogury that 85% of the online dating market was male, as of April 2019. This imbalance was even more pronounced among Tinder users, for which the ratio was 9:1 in favour of male users.

https://www.businessofapps.com/data/tinder-statistics/

kel

Ostrich
I use a few apps/sites to b*ng still. Gotta sort brutally, though. Never put more than a minute into a potential dead end.

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I went onto Match earlier and looked for women within 10 miles of my zip code in the 26 to 32 age range. It came back with 772 possible matches. I then adjusted one variable in the search parameters- age. I put in a range from 18 to 32. How many potential matches did I get???

They will not allow you to look for women outside of the narrative approved age range.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
It’s only good for mass spamming at this point

“I think you’d like me more than all the other guys”

Cultivating leads

I pity those who take it seriously

Hilarious. I believe the photo. Absolutely the best way to understand what the problem is.

I once changed settings so my gender was female and I was searching for males. Didn't update any photos. Within literally 30 seconds, 6 dudes had already appeared in my "liked you". I right swiped all, and a couple of them started messaging me copy pastes.

Bot or not, the point is, this is what all girls are seeing. How is she meant to actually pick somebody to meet? It is proven that, psychologically, more choices = less chance to actually make a decision. Add to that the fact that women often can't make decisions anyway. Plus you look like a loser sat on there competing with all the other losers.

In 2014-2017 ish I did reasonably well in the west. Since then, it is not worth it (except for a few countries).

If you're attractive and interesting, meeting and dating women IRL is really easy if you actually make an attempt to go and talk to people. Really. Surprisingly easy.

I once did a trip abroad and used Tinder throughout. Got lots of dates easily. In addition to this I asked for 2 numbers from girls in person (1 cold approach, 1 waitress).

Guess who was most keen, and who constantly messaged me after I returned home?

Yep, both of the IRL ones.

Even high value dudes using dating sites are perceived as low value and easily replaceable. I think its an automatic, subconscious thing.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
WanderingFlame said:
In 2014-2017 ish I did reasonably well in the west. Since then, it is not worth it (except for a few countries).

I'm 41.

I did well from 2012-2015 in the UK, and by "well" I mean getting lots of dates with non-time wasting girls of all ages from dating apps. Now you have to sweat it out to meet a 45 year old single mom who is going to cancel the 2nd date because her ex has diarrhoea and can't take the kids (an actual excuse I received).

I have been travelling to Poland since 2015 and while it's handed me nice rewards, I can see Poland changing for the worse now too.

WanderingFlame said:
I once changed settings so my gender was female and I was searching for males.
Several years ago on a trip to Miami, I was barely getting any Tinder matches. I think it was six in the first week. I switched to have it show me guys, and within an hour I had well over a hundred likes from thirsty homosexuals.

It's possible that my look was just more attractive to gays than to chicks, but I think it's more likely guys dating online just have much lower standards than their female counterparts.

I was traveling with a particularly blue-pill friend, and she was in total disbelief, claiming there must be something wrong with the app. She was right, but for different reasons than she imagined...

WanderingFlame said:
Hilarious. I believe the photo. Absolutely the best way to understand what the problem is.

I once changed settings so my gender was female and I was searching for males. Didn't update any photos. Within literally 30 seconds, 6 dudes had already appeared in my "liked you". I right swiped all, and a couple of them started messaging me copy pastes.

Bot or not, the point is, this is what all girls are seeing. How is she meant to actually pick somebody to meet? It is proven that, psychologically, more choices = less chance to actually make a decision. Add to that the fact that women often can't make decisions anyway. Plus you look like a loser sat on there competing with all the other losers.

If you're attractive and interesting, meeting and dating women IRL is really easy if you actually make an attempt to go and talk to people. Really. Surprisingly easy.

I once did a trip abroad and used Tinder throughout. Got lots of dates easily. In addition to this I asked for 2 numbers from girls in person (1 cold approach, 1 waitress).

Guess who was most keen, and who constantly messaged me after I returned home?

Yep, both of the IRL ones.

Even high value dudes using dating sites are perceived as low value and easily replaceable. I think its an automatic, subconscious thing.

Guilty by association I presume?

I used Tinder for a while last year and I did not like how by default it makes you look thirsty no matter how good your photos are, or how interesting your profile may be . Most interactions are out of your control and you are at the mercy of the woman on the other end who if your lucky will pick you in the midst of the 50-100 matches she already has.

texting is also boring and I like to hold down a conversation which most millennial's today can't seem to do. Even though I am 30 I like to consider myself to be different culturally and more awake than your average millennial today.

That being said I am quite concerned for the future as more and more women seem to be opening to Instagram and tinder to find a potential mate. It's as though they value social media proof over natural charisma.

^ Exactly. I am also 30 and could say exactly the same btw.

It is concerning. Even though you can invoke strong attraction whilst in person, the average western female's brain will then continue to be fried by dopamine shots for the remainder of the day. Whether she is on dating sites or not. The pretty dude on instagram becomes more appealing. Etc.

Actually, the problem runs even deeper. After spending time in a FSU country, you you gain perspective, and understand how flawed and how utterly ridiculous the western dating market is for men in general. Personally, the contrast is so jarring upon return every time, that I can't help but feel sorry for anyone who has decided to play the game seriously over here. I can see the struggle in the men's faces everywhere. Ironically I still manage to do well, but that's probably because I play "part time", and treat it like the joke, rigged game that it is. The women I interact with are usually slavic themselves, or western women who subtly have the competition from the east revealed to them by yours truly...

Possibly went off topic. Just sharing my experience and hoping somebody will find it useful.

KingDavid

Sparrow
Wutang said:
SlickyBoy said:
^I'm waving the BS flag on that pic. Thirst is real, but is it THAT real?!

The person in that Tinder profile is the guy who made the infamous black pill video - well known around incel circles.

One of the things that goes in incel circles is to do social experiments on dating apps to test out their theories on dating. Some of them took a picture of Eggy and feminized it and made a Tinder profile out of it to show that even the lowest value women will get plenty of attention.

He keeps complaining about 'genetically superior males' and that is driving him to hate. His sin is envy.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

1 John 3:12

Most good looking men are not swindlers and fornicators, they are good people who will marry and have children, and are not to blame for the shortcomings of other men.

All men in his position need to have faith and wait patiently for the world to improve, which it will, and also thank the Lord for not allowing them to sin with fornication.

Brodiaga

Ostrich
Gold Member
^What makes you think the world will improve for guys like him? If anything, the world is getting worse for him, not better. In the 1950s this guy could find a decent wife and have children if he had his shit together. He wouldn't find the most attractive girl but he would find wife material, someone who is not obese or crazy. Now he is completely fucked unless he goes to a poor country like the Philippines.