Online dating in 2007 vs now: what the h-ll happened?

Blade Runner

Pelican
Sad, but true. The overexposure of tech and the in your face sexuality makes it even worse for these dudes. We should pray for everyone, but them, too. Seriously.

KingDavid

Sparrow
Brodiaga said:
^What makes you think the world will improve for guys like him? If anything, the world is getting worse for him, not better. In the 1950s this guy could find a decent wife and have children if he had his shit together. He wouldn't find the most attractive girl but he would find wife material, someone who is not obese or crazy. Now he is completely fucked unless he goes to a poor country like the Philippines.

The 50s and 60s were horrible times that had a veneer of fake behavior to cover up for what was truly going on underneath. The murder of Sylvia Likens would not have happened in a society that pretended to be what America was. The truth is it was as degenerate as it is today, filled with wife beating husbands, hysteric wives, abused children, and uncaring neighbors. The truly good Christians were as rare as they are today.

But the future will be better because God takes evil and turns it into good, so only good can come out the horrors of the 20th century - the worst in all of human history - that had the world wars causing the destruction of everything that came before and brought upon an era of darkness that we still live in today.

God's plan is complex and we cannot understand it, but history tells us that he teaches by bringing to light our sin with horror, and until we grow there will continue to be degeneracy. Every martyr has died to show us the extent of our evil as humans and as societies.

...or we could take action, rather than waiting for things to hopefully improve, talking about the past, etc.

- Self improve. (If the guy in the video just cut his hair and lost weight it would go a long way)
- Choose which game to play, and make your own rules (e.g. go abroad, create a social group, business, etc)
- Meet women IRL and avoid online

The problem is that too many people want to take the path of least resistance. The guy in the video would rather whinge than fix the problem. People would rather press buttons on their phone than go out, be social, approach, etc.

KingDavid

Sparrow
It’s a much deeper issue than that. Every man must ask himself why these horrible things happen if God is powerful and good, and the only conclusion is that it’s because we’re sinful and our societies are full of it. As long as that’s the case there will continue to be degeneracy - there is no self improvement if everything around you is rotten.

Society is being destroyed and is guaranteed to drastically change in the next 10 to 30 years. It will be a wave and we must ride it.

Stop looking at the recent past and instead look forwards to the future, because the former isn’t coming back. We must embrace God’s plan and have full faith in it.

I see that many man don't understand, that women see online dating apps different than we. They don't use them for dating. Mostly. When online dating was new- yes, many women wanted to try- how it is, to have sex with whatever man they want. They tried it, and thats all. Those times are gone. Because females biologically are different. They don't have this hormonal pressure, and constant need for sex, that males have. They just wanted to try it, cause it was new and exciting. Now they mostly use those apps for feeding themselves with false illusion , that all man want them. They don't need real action, real sex, as much as we need. This illusion is enough for them. They compensate somehow their poor existence this way.
But there was an excellent comment by one women, on reddits red pill woman's forum- she wrote, that many women don't understand that , if a man want to take her home for one night, it doesn't mean, that he will want to take her home for Christmas.

So- misunderstanding still goes both ways...

Blade Runner said:
Sad, but true. The overexposure of tech and the in your face sexuality makes it even worse for these dudes. We should pray for everyone, but them, too. Seriously.

reminds me of a certain quote made by Roosh:

"Modern women are influenced by Satanic influences that control how their sexuality is displayed."

Influences such as - Instagram, facebook, gynocentrism etc..

just a human said:
I see that many man don't understand, that women see online dating apps different than we. They don't use them for dating. Mostly. When online dating was new- yes, many women wanted to try- how it is, to have sex with whatever man they want. They tried it, and thats all. Those times are gone. Because females biologically are different. They don't have this hormonal pressure, and constant need for sex, that males have. They just wanted to try it, cause it was new and exciting. Now they mostly use those apps for feeding themselves with false illusion , that all man want them. They don't need real action, real sex, as much as we need. This illusion is enough for them. They compensate somehow their poor existence this way.
But there was an excellent comment by one women, on reddits red pill woman's forum- she wrote, that many women don't understand that , if a man want to take her home for one night, it doesn't mean, that he will want to take her home for Christmas.

So- misunderstanding still goes both ways...

I disagree with this statement. It's just that the average man has to jump through more hoops today to unlock this "wild" side of a woman.

Dating apps and social media are a convincing safety net for today's modern millennial woman. When Laura is unable to throw herself at a Chad after a night out she can drift back to the safety net of instagram and facebook and take solace in the amount of likes she received and the dozens of thirsty messages from online beta orbiters.

It is also a more socially acceptable way for women to be single today and weed out "Dave the Welder" and "Rajiv the Infotech guy" from their lives.

Online dating and social media has done something in which people desire to reach a godly celebrity status. It is the first and only goal in their lives. It outranks religion, family and even friendship. I'm slamming both men and women who allow these constructs to brainwash them to let society go to waste.

I personally never had an IG account and never plan to make one. I know it has affected my rapport with finding a suitable mate on occasions but I don't plan on selling out. After all Tis nothing but a cesspit of rampant narcissm and hedonism. That being said I did use Facebook moderately in the past but have not logged on for over a year now and 2016 was the last year I actually used to scroll through walls and profiles. Only reason I have not deleted it yet is because it is an easy way to allow old friends and family members to contact me about events, reunions, people passing away etc.. via the messenger function.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member

Envy looks with grudging hatred upon other men's gifts and good fortune, taking every opportunity to run them down or deprive them of their happiness - Dante

The incel/MGTOW arena is interesting in that they go out of their way to see the world in the most red-pilled way possible. You see the same from Black Lives Matter, who go out of their way to see the world in the most racist way possible. And radical feminists who invented a rape culture so they can profess they want to end it.

When you choose to partake in the world of sin, you play a high stakes game. That you will either be at the high dias of earthly delights or debilitated with envy, anger and sloth that you are not at the table. If you loose your seat at the table, you will instantly become those who you looked down at, in pride, and you will come to hate those who live like you lived.

The wrong of those who live in lust, pride and greed is clouded by their pleasure. While the wrong of those who yearn for pleasure, but cannot access it, is clouded by anger and jealousy.

Readers will no doubt be familiar with ignoring their treachery, lies and deceptions of others in pursuit of pleasure. While the incels must lie to and deceive themselves in pursuit of nothing.

Either way, it's all deception and all lies.

GibsMeDat

Sparrow
Tinder is presently offering free Passport feature -- it lets you swipe anywhere in the world. I recently made an account and to my surprise got tons of prospective matches. Only to find that most were girls using passport from Mexico or Thailand to swipe in my major metropolitan American city.

I talked to a few and they were as vapid or rude as any American girl. It's an old tale that these chicks from shit hole countries are submissive. Unless you're rich, the internet has given them a smorgasbord of options much like their Western counterparts.

xmlenigma

Pelican
Tinder is presently offering free Passport feature -- it lets you swipe anywhere in the world. I recently made an account and to my surprise got tons of prospective matches. Only to find that most were girls using passport from Mexico or Thailand to swipe in my major metropolitan American city.

I talked to a few and they were as vapid or rude as any American girl. It's an old tale that these chicks from shit hole countries are submissive. Unless you're rich, the internet has given them a smorgasbord of options much like their Western counterparts.

Did that not get over? Or was it extended through MAY?

bbgun

Woodpecker
Stacy McCain:

People who engage in online dating are self-selected. What they all have in common is, nobody they know in real life wants to date them. Think about that — if a guy is on OKCupid or Tinder, the one thing you know about him is, he couldn’t find a girlfriend any other way. Simply by signing up for a site, he’s advertising the fact that he’s a loser.

kel

Ostrich
Odds of what kind of response, though?

I put my d*ck measurements on there, but that's because I knew what kind of woman would respond to that kind of thing. What kind of woman is going to respond to your salary? Maybe nurturing wife and mother material who likes a guy who can offer stability.... maybe.

Blade Runner

Pelican
I check in to this thread every now and again and it's always amusing to me that people actually still use a medium that has been dead since 2016.

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Not only is online dating dead, but the 'rona has put the nail in the coffin for night and day game as we know it. If you thought the 2010s were bleak I don't even know what to say about the 2020s. I always found it interesting how it seemed like the elite made the ability to game women and travel the world a priority for elimination even though they had degenerate (and as a result beneficial) aspects.

I truly feel sorry for the young bucks. No idea what to tell them. Best case scenario for America (in this regard) is that it devolves into defensive communities which start arranged/shotgun marriages to pop out children.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
^^ Indians are cheap.

I have been playing around on Tinder recently, which is just stupid. Anyway, the new line from the girls is always "I'm not looking for a one night stand, but I'm not looking for a relationship either". I see this so much, and it makes no sense. If a girl doesn't have a relationship in mind, as her goal, she has no hope.

Anyway I've gone on no dates, and will delete the app again. I've been on Catholic Match also and find the girls on there pretty genuine. Issue is alot of older girls in their mid 30s and spread out all over the continent. Still a breath of fresh air here and there. I've talked to a couple on the phone and have found it nice just speaking as Christians.