Orban to deal a heavy blow to sodomite marriage

Labienus

Woodpecker
I hope you're joking, I joined this forum almost a decade ago because it was anti-feminism lol. No convincing needed.

I'm pointing out that Hungary is not the right wing paradise it's made out to be among the American right. Divorce and abortion rates are sky high, low church attendance, lots of baggage from communist times. Birth rates are still low but increasing. Many eastern cities like Miskolc are overrun with gypsies (8% of the population is a VERY low estimate). As another poster mentioned, high levels of corruption and opportunism by politicians (Jobbik is a textbook example of having no principles).

Orbán is doing a ton of great things and moving the country forward culturally/morally but perception here isn't always reality over there. It's not a Christian theocratic paradise.
Orbán has his flaws but he's miles better than anything we have here in Canada. I'd rather have Orbán than Trudeau...

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
I hope you're joking, I joined this forum almost a decade ago because it was anti-feminism lol. No convincing needed.

I'm pointing out that Hungary is not the right wing paradise it's made out to be among the American right. Divorce and abortion rates are sky high, low church attendance, lots of baggage from communist times. Birth rates are still low but increasing. Many eastern cities like Miskolc are overrun with gypsies (8% of the population is a VERY low estimate). As another poster mentioned, high levels of corruption and opportunism by politicians (Jobbik is a textbook example of having no principles).

Orbán is doing a ton of great things and moving the country forward culturally/morally but perception here isn't always reality over there. It's not a Christian theocratic paradise.
I agree. Perhaps I misread your post.

But nonetheless in missing the Mark this problem is bound to grow. I was hoping that you would spread the word to those you know who are Hungarian.

Many of the points and datasets in Dalrock are very useful in helping open eyes especially those who are on the side of Orban and his Party.

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox

As a Russian-born who also had the opportunity to meet some eastern Europeans, I have to admit that the eastern part of Europe is not that religious at all, at least at the moment. People mistake the "anti-homo or anti-tranny" stance for some sort of deep spirituality, but that's not the case.

I mean if you don't like homos, you might be as well a football hooligan or something. But we should also be realistic - at this stage, it's easier to put sodomites back into the closet than to tell women to "make him a sammich". Luckily, there're enough arguments beyond Leviticus 20:13 or Romans 1:27 which a secular leader can use to make our streets sodomy free. Luckily - at least in the East - there're many secular people who don't support degeneracy. Orban is wise to use these secular tools, the society isn't ready for the straightforward based religious preaching.

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
Orbán's broader objective is cultural continuity; people who feel a deep connection to their past take positive steps in the present to preserve their nation and identity in the future. It's playing the long game. Promoting Christianity in a far-from-devout country is just one part of that.

He's also investing significant amounts of money in renovating and restoring buildings for the same reason. Not just historic landmarks, but average buildings that you see while walking down the street. Most are in the style of late-1800s architecture when Hungary was at its most recent peak.

Our overlords today are hell-bent on destroying cultural continuity for the same reason; a people with no past makes no investment in the future. People are reduced to interchangeable cogs, with healthy identity (tribe, community, religion, etc.) replaced by artificial identity (sexual identity, sports team tribalism, etc.)

Bitter End

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Poland is the closest thing to a right wing paradise, but I am sure they have their complaints about the government too. It doesn't really matter. I would rather have corruption any day over degeneracy. I know where my local mafia stands, I don't know what the NGOs will keep pushing with (((American))) funds.

I lived in 4 countries and I never encountered people content with their politicians. However, Orban and the Polish government are standing up to the EU cultural dictatorship and this will be priceless, because many of the smaller states around agree on those points, as previously mentioned.

KantPost

Banned
Summary of EU "debate" on Hungary's law: https://hungarytoday.hu/debate-ever-eu-summit-lgbt-hungary-child-protection-bill/

The European Council meeting of EU heads of state and government and the president of the European Commission, which started on Thursday, continued the next day as well. Besides Putin’s Russia, another key topic remained the legislation adopted by the Hungarian parliament and deemed by Hungary’s political opposition, several NGOs and individuals an anti-LGBT+ law.

Luxembourg PM: ‘No longer the Viktor Orbán I used to know’​

“The Viktor I have seen at the table is not the same person I met eight years ago, who was an open and tolerant person,” Luxembourg’s Prime Minister Xavier Bettel told reporters on Friday. The openly gay politician recalled that 5-7 years ago, Viktor Orbán even had dinner with him and his husband in Budapest.

Dutch PM Rutte said that Hungary should leave the EU. The government continues to say that the focus of the law is non-discriminatory, meant for the protection of children.
Bettel now believes legal procedures must be launched to respond to Hungary’s new law.

“It is sad that we reached that stage,” Bettel said, adding that giving judges rather than politicians the duty to give the EU a “spinal cord” is “not a good sign for Europe.”

Regarding Friday’s debate, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said, she can’t remember EU leaders ever having a discussion as tough as the one they had on Hungary.

“We had a deep discussion with Hungary,” she told journalists according to Politico. She said the debate was “very open,” but this discussion is not yet finished, however, it was honest and important. “We have not had it in this depth and honesty either, at least not that I can remember, in this large-format,” she said, adding that “it was not a harmonious discussion, but one with controversy.”

Speaking in Berlin on Monday, the German Chancellor said that in her government’s view, the new Hungarian law discriminates against homosexual minors. In last week’s “very comprehensive” debate on the Hungarian legislation, the vast majority of EC members underlined that the EU is not simply an internal market, but also has fundamental values, and that these values cannot be questioned, she said. However, the “room for maneuver to enforce them is very limited” and therefore “false expectations must not be generated,” Angela Merkel said.

Council President Charles Michel also told journalists that the debate was “difficult”. When asked if he agreed with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte’s suggestion that Hungary should perhaps leave the EU if it could not respect fundamental values, Michel evaded the question. He said that he was “ totally convinced that what’s very important, what’s paramount is to reaffirm the primacy of the European law, the primacy of the European values.” He added that “we had a very sincere, sometimes emotional, exchange of views, exchange of arguments.”

“Regarding the new legislation in Hungary, most members of the European Council were clear about this and felt it was an infringement” of European values, said Portuguese PM António Costa.

The government says the law is "neither homophobic, nor heterophobic," does not discriminate against any minority group, its purpose is strictly to protect children.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said he felt compelled to heavily criticize Hungarian leader Viktor Orbán — even suggesting that Hungary could leave the EU — because the country’s anti-LGTBQ+ law was unlike any previous law from Orbán.

Meanwhile, EC President Ursula von der Leyen said there were good reasons for Hungary to stay in the EU but “this new Hungarian law clearly unequivocally discriminates. … We will take action to counter this,” she said. Von der Leyen agreed with Italy’s PM Mario Draghi that the legislation was even a violation of Christian morals.

Even though French President Emmanuel Macron criticized the Hungarian law he also emphasized that he doesn’t support the idea of Hungary quitting the bloc.

Slovenia PM: we don’t want another division in Europe​

However, as the vast majority of Member States were united in their opposition to the law, only the leaders of Poland and Slovenia tried to defend it.

Slovenian Prime Minister Janez Janša told reporters that when it came to the leaders’ discussion on Hungary’s anti-LGBT+ law, “Slovenia and many other countries do not want to be part of any new divisions in Europe.”

Janša said that if there is a problem with any law, in any EU country, there are legal mechanisms in place and that “in the end, we get a legal decision that we all have to respect and abide by.”

Later in a television interview, Czech President Milos Zeman also defended the Hungarian law, saying that he finds transgender people “disgusting.”

“If you undergo a sex-change operation you are basically committing a crime of self-harm,” Zeman told CNN Prima.

Orbán: current debate “eerily similar” to that of 2015​

Likely as a result of Friday’s debate, Viktor Orbán issued a samizdat on Monday in which he described the current debate as “eerily similar” to the one in 2015 over the “migrant invasion of Europe.”

Migration is not a human right, and how a child is brought up sexually is not a child's human right, the Prime Minister said in a "samizdat" letter.

“Both were morally difficult, politically important and intellectually beautiful debates. In both cases, the answer is the same: there is no unity of values and therefore no political unity either,” Orbán wrote.

In addition, the government has decided to publish full-page advertisements in several European newspapers showcasing PM Orbán’s proposal for the future of the EU, collected in seven points.
Parallel universe kind of stuff. Why are homosexuals so bent on getting access to children? As if these walking petri dishes are not disgusting enough with their faecal sex and staggeringly disproportionate abuse of children, they strive to turn the remnants of Christian Europe further upside down with their child homo-agitprop, openly grooming children through the schooling system.
Orbán may be this and that but we can tell a lot about him by the kind of enemies he has.
A problem is that people in Hungary don't know what kind of fruitcake liberal hell world their country would have become without him at the helm over the past 10 years. They see the corruption of Fidesz and it angers them, and many liberals in Budapest (which is increasingly a cesspool of liberalism) use this anger to whip up sentiment against him.
And his country is still a relative bastion of sanity compared to Western Europe. Yes, Communistic thinking still pervades, there is abortion and other antichrist evil, there are many problems with gypsies, and there is a huge mass of Jews but life is incomparably better in Budapest compared to other cities I've lived in. I certainly withhold criticism of him, and support him in discussion with others by explaining to them just how bad life really is for normal Christian people in other European countries.

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox
^
Meanwhile, EC President Ursula von der Leyen said there were good reasons for Hungary to stay in the EU but “this new Hungarian law clearly unequivocally discriminates. … We will take action to counter this,” she said. Von der Leyen agreed with Italy’s PM Mario Draghi that the legislation was even a violation of Christian morals.

Yes, folks. They referred to fecal penetration, scissoring and butchering one's own genitals as "Christian morals"

shrinebuilder

Banned
Orthodox
Some ads from gov't:

213575512_2910614612510061_5173109226520839990_n.jpg

"Does Brussels make you angry?"

image.aspx

"George Soros attacks again"

7chF18FsvDwLBcI4s.jpeg

"Are you scared of sex propaganda among children?"

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
Globalists are bashing Hungary for restricting immigration and not being globohomo. Calling Orban a dictator.

Weak comeback from Yglesias to a zinger from PEG.
E7DCFF15-B7CA-4576-AB8A-73AEA923526C.jpeg

mUh GdP

Fat Yglesias thinks eating disgusting looking tacos for breakfast is a good argument for open borders.

Last edited:

unit414

Robin
Globalists are bashing Hungary for restricting immigration and not being globohomo. Calling Orban a dictator.

Weak comeback from Yglesias to a zinger from PEG.
View attachment 32607

mUh GdP

Fat Yglesias thinks eating disgusting looking tacos for breakfast is a good argument for open borders.
Yglesias sounds like a crypto jew, and is likely a homo. In any case, given America's direction, if it were possible and I spoke the language reasonably well, I would live in Hungary (or Poland or Serbia) in a heartbeat. Spiritually healthier societies, homogenous populations, and safer.

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
That guy is a legend -

worth a listen, he speaks English very well. Describes himself as "the black sheep of the European Union" and finds it funny that he has a bad reputation amongst Western countries. Of interest - he talks about a new migration from West to East, where Christians and conservatives try to find a new home.