Organizing: Preparing For the Collapse

Most of us are acutely aware that much of the world will be in turmoil during the next 10-20 years. If the best option for my family is to leave, that is my plan. Mobility will be crucial, and is getting more difficult by the month. I would like us to explore creating an organization that leverages the expertise, wisdom, and geographic diversity that exists on this board and elsewhere. Please add your thoughts and suggestions for building and organizing such an organization in this thread.
I will start from the very basic level.

1. Privacy and anonymity: it will be paramount to protect members identities from governments and others that would do harm. Have some way of positively identifying each other without real identities. Communicating on an encrypted user only access platform or decentralized blockchain. I’m not a security expert.
2. Provide mutual security/support while “transient”, especially useful if you need to flee your current country, and you don’t speak the language, customs, etc of your new domicile.
3. Finance and trade. Parallel economy if excluded from the normie economy. If a member has access to banking and another needs access to fiat, they can trade you for Bitcoin, etc. Or trade services/skills/bullets for payment.
4. Legal services
5. Transportation, under the radar.
6. Funding: possibly via premium payments on a smart-contract, providing insurance, loans, etc. This might be the most important part, money can get you out of Dodge when nothing else can.

Please add your thoughts…

In addition, the organization could be created without any leadership in any specific persons. That would be a vulnerability we could eliminate by creating a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) that is controlled by programming, and voting by members holding a stake.

7. Have a family. If not: Why to prepare for the collapse? You ll die anyway...
Yep, I have that, and plan on giving them the best life that I can. Most of my family is within the same jurisdiction, which can be disadvantageous when said jurisdiction becomes hostile. A broader network is necessary for me and I suspect many others.

8. Economic and security value of membership would be high…to the point where the harshest punishment for violating the non-aggression principle is banishment.
9. Services could be offered to non members to generate revenue and leverage the high reputation of the organization.

Last edited:

bubs

Sparrow
What good is any digital based currency or investments going to be if cell towers, wifi or electricity are out? Need to provide service, skills, or tangible hard assets to trade for (food, bullets, metals etc).

StSeb

Pigeon
This thread is a great idea, I'd love if people could compile a list of prep for this winter. Is there a possibility that winter is a complete disaster due to vaccinated peoples poor immune systems? Would this cause supply chain disruptions? How should we prepare for such an event, if things start to get crazy during winter we only have 4 - 6 weeks to properly prepare.
I think mid October things might start to get a little wild but what do I know..

This thread is a great idea, I'd love if people could compile a list of prep for this winter. Is there a possibility that winter is a complete disaster due to vaccinated peoples poor immune systems? Would this cause supply chain disruptions? How should we prepare for such an event, if things start to get crazy during winter we only have 4 - 6 weeks to properly prepare.
I think mid October things might start to get a little wild but what do I know..
I think it will be localized breakdowns in and near major cities that become more frequent in the coming months or years, that at first spread to defenseless populations in the USA liberal cities…A Portland situation spreading to Chicago, Baltimore, New York City, etc. That could be the result of or cause of supply disruptions, food security being the most fragile of those. Outside of a big city I wouldn’t be too concerned yet. More civil unrest will lead to more government action, but against the productive class and not the trouble makers. This will cause even more disruptions in supply chains as productive people tend to be smart and will leave those areas where they are being punished with curfews and lockdowns, while receiving no police protection.

What good is any digital based currency or investments going to be if cell towers, wifi or electricity are out? Need to provide service, skills, or tangible hard assets to trade for (food, bullets, metals etc).
I plan to leave long before the lights go out. That is the raison de etre of this thread and hopefully a functional organization. I love my beans and bullets, but I also have a family to think of, and “even the winner of a knife fight is going to get cut”. No thanks on trying to thrive in New Mogadishu, if it devolves into that. Also I’m far more concerned that governments will confiscate financial instruments than turn off the internet.

“Of all 36 ways to get out of trouble, the best way is - leave.”

“Based upon the history of other dominant systems facing collapse, those who opt for the ultimum refugium and get out early will be better off in the end.
The dangers of a nationalist reaction to the crisis of the nationstate make it important not to underestimate the scope for tyranny and mischief. You should never leave your money in any jurisdiction that claims the right to conscript you, your children, or grandchildren.”

Excerpt From
The Sovereign Individual
James Dale Davidson, Lord William Rees-Mogg

Last edited:

BasilSeal

Pigeon
Insofar as it is possible to help myself or others... I think it is worthwhile to do so.. but, consider Epictetus, no stranger to living in slavery:

"What then should a man have in readiness in such circumstances? What else than this? What is mine, and what is not mine; and what is permitted to me, and what is not permitted to me. I must die. Must I then die lamenting? I must be put in chains. Must I then also lament? I must go into exile. Does any man then hinder me from going with smiles and cheerfulness and contentment? Tell me the secret which you possess. I will not, for this is in my power. But I will put you in chains. Man, what are you talking about? Me, in chains? You may fetter my leg, but my will not even Zeus himself can overpower. I will throw you into prison. My poor body, you mean. I will cut your head off. When then have I told you that my head alone cannot be cut off? These are the things which philosophers should meditate on, which they should write daily, in which they should exercise themselves."

Be at peace with those decisions within your own power. To all else, trust in God.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
When the world was relatively stable and multipolar or bipolar, then it was pretty easy knowing where to go and what to expect.
But now, we all are living in the global covid dystopia, more or less.
This winter, for example, I'm curious how the economy will survive prolonged, depressive lockdowns.
At the end of last winter, people wanted to believe (foolishly) that the covid farce stopped, and now they started to realize, how naive they were.
No amount of vaccines will bring them the old world and good times, and they know it. Although, who acknowledged the good times and was grateful to God for it, right?

But building a net of like-minded people is a good idea. More heads mean more ideas.

Jeff

Pigeon
I think this thread should be called...
“How Rats Survive on a Sinking Ship”
Here’s an alternative, written by a man martyred for his faith, during a time of persecution the world has not seen since...

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. (Colossians 3:2-4)

Don’t run. Stand with your brothers in faith, not fear. Get baptized. Feast on Christ in the Eucharist every week, and proclaim the joy of your salvation every day.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2)

So Come, and Welcome to Jesus Christ...

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker

Yep, I think mid October maybe... Maybe end Nov (Black Friday - keeps coming up in movies etc)...

I'm super fragile right now... My plan is to at least find somewhere to hunker and fill it with food...

And with land than can be used to grow food next summer.

I'm expecting 5-10 Km quarantine zones... so plan to get at least that far from society.

If things go Mad Max, I'll have a problem...

bubs

Sparrow
I plan to leave long before the lights go out.

“Of all 36 ways to get out of trouble, the best way is - leave.”

I agree, but are you talking about fleeing to “prepper-land” in northern Idaho to start an off the grid farmertte, or leaving the US? If leaving US, what are better options the way things are progressing negatively in a more globalized movement? Not sure I would know of many places on this planet that could offer a US citizen trying to pay the bills in support of a family unless they are sitting on a mountain of wealth already and can just check out and not worry about future income generation.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker

IF....

Yeah, if the whole internet/grid goes down, forget about it.

If it doesn't, it's a prettty good bet, if you're smart.

How will they build/run smart cities with no internet/power?

Things likely will go Texas 2020, for a time, but not the rest of time.

Someone who knows more than me about crypto can weigh in here, but I thought so long as you have an offline wallet/private keys once things reboot you'll be good, no?