Orthodox Churches in Decline, Except in Ethiopia

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
I'm interested in knowing more about the Oriental Orthodox churches (I'm Eastern myself).

Do the Ethiopians still do animal sacrifice? I know that the Armenians do (The Matagh).

NickK

Robin
The Constantinople Patriarchy is a complete joke. It has been a complete joke ever since the Turks conquered it in 1454 AD.

Besides being subordinate to Turkish political authorities for nearly around 570 years, it's effectively also subordinate to NATO (since Turkey is subordinate to them), the USA and everyone can guess who else. I've been informed by Greeks that the current Constantinople Patriarch, Bartholomew I, is effectively an ethnic Turk or a cryptic Turk trying to excercise religious authority over Greeks.

Besides trying to subordinate the Greeks, the current Patriarch has been obsessed with pushing disunity among Orthodox Christians with the issue of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church separating from Russia, and he's been aggressively pushing for Ecunemicalism and Uniatehood.

There is a very good reason why most other Orthodox Christians consider the Russian Patriarch Kirill to be the real moral authority in the Eastern Orthodox world. Everyone who subscribes to the Constantinople Patriarch like the Ukranians do is a fake and gay Orthodox Christian.

As for the Ethiopians, they are technically not Eastern Orthodox Christians. They are actually Copts. They are much more similar in their religious outlook to Armenians than to Russians. Still, Ethiopia is much more traditional and devoted to its religion partly because of a different history to Russians and East Europeans, but also because it's simply an underdeveloped and historically geographically isolated African country which still has high birth rates and lacks access to modern technology.
Complete bullshit.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
There is a very good reason why most other Orthodox Christians consider the Russian Patriarch Kirill to be the real moral authority in the Eastern Orthodox world. Everyone who subscribes to the Constantinople Patriarch like the Ukranians do is a fake and gay Orthodox Christian.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this is not the correct understanding of Patristic Tradition.

The Church's only 'real moral authority' is God, who founded the Church through Jesus Christ, and who continues to guide Her via the Holy Spirit.

The only human being with authority over the Church is the God-man, Jesus Christ -- not Kirill or Bartholomew. They're just servants of God.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this is not the correct understanding of Patristic Tradition.

The Church's only 'real moral authority' is God, who founded the Church through Jesus Christ, and who continues to guide Her via the Holy Spirit.

The only human being with authority over the Church is the God-man, Jesus Christ -- not Kirill or Bartholomew. They're just servants of God.

True, but that Church still has human administrators. The hierarchy is there to keep order, ordain priests, validate Sacraments, and do many other things that require human cooperation with God’s will.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
True, but that Church still has human administrators. The hierarchy is there to keep order, ordain priests, validate Sacraments, and do many other things that require human cooperation with God’s will.
Of course, we are in agreement brother.

However, we have be prudent to not allow anyone - even Kirill - to take the place of a sovereign pope, in our hearts or otherwise. This just goes against the spirit of Orthodoxy. When a Christian says that Kirill is the Church's 'real moral authority,' we must correct their error.

If we don't guard against Papism, then we cease to be Orthodox.

Last edited: