Content Orthodox memes

Good_Shepherd

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
I legit had back problems after attending nearly every service during Holy Week as a catechumen lol. Had to get my posture sorted.
i like the standing idea, you are more attentive and I havent really noticed anyone falling asleep, Im sure it happenes but at all the siting churches Iv seen people falling asleep at just about every service, I once also fell asleep sadly, I was very very tiered and I closed my eyes to pray while sitting and the preacher said amen but I had fallen asleep

Iacobus

Sparrow
Orthodox
i like the standing idea, you are more attentive and I havent really noticed anyone falling asleep, Im sure it happenes but at all the siting churches Iv seen people falling asleep at just about every service, I once also fell asleep sadly, I was very very tiered and I closed my eyes to pray while sitting and the preacher said amen but I had fallen asleep

Oh don't get me wrong I definitely think it's correct & appropriate to stand. I feel the same way about pews, it felt super weird going back to a church with pews and sitting down, subconsciously it made me much more casual and inattentive as you said. I just was relating my experience as a newcomer when I wasn't accustomed to it and wasn't using proper standing technique, and suffered the consequences XD

Ulysses K

Sparrow
Orthodox
(not saying this for all the memes just the ones quoting the scriptures)

Brothers I really hope I'm not being arrogant saying this but I truly doubt the Lord ever made a joke in His human lifetime. Jokes are for men, and comedy is hypocricy.

I really think He meant every word He said exactly as He said it. Don't make a joke of the scriptures.

It is tragic to discover how wise His words are only when violent disasters befall us because we didn't not take them seriously!
I enjoy a good joke but please, let us not make our God human.

There is more love in tears than in jokes, and I have not seen a single icon of Christ where his teeth show. He is never depicted smiling. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Please, I feel like we are running around like goats!!

Last edited: