News Orthodox response to Coronavirus / Great Reset

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Father .... Priest of the Church in Greece

"I will tell you in a few words my experience from my vaccination with the first dose of Pfizer's vaccine.

God was preventing me from getting the vaccine with various signs, that I will not mention for the sake of briefness. Approaching the vaccination center, just before I take my turn, it was as if something was preventing me from approaching and in fact I felt a stench while approacing, which surprised me. After I got the vaccine, the people were waiting outside. I could not wear the kalimavchi (priest's hat) when I left, I felt a great shame inside me and I left holding it in my hand.

Arriving at my house I went to the toilet to wash my face and looking at my face in the mirror I was startled by the expression I had. The next day I went shopping at the supermarket and because it was the time after Easter, I always greeted people saying "Christ is risen - Truly He is risen" to the women behind the counter. I was surprised to find that I was too ashamed to say "Christ is risen" to these women, something that deeply saddened me! The day after, I went to church in a well-known parish, not to perform the liturgy, and uppon entering the sanctuary I realized that I was a dead man. The joy I felt before, the joy of the Divine Liturgy was lost…As if I were not entering a Church Sanctuary but like a room in a house.

All of this surprised me but I did not think it came from the vaccine. I was meeting familiar people and they were turning their faces away. The next day I realized that my conscience was in terrible pain, as if a needle had passed through my heart, with a pain I had never experienced in my life. I told a well-known archimandrite what I was feeling and he comforted me, he said a few words to me that what I was feeling was nothing and when I left him I realized that this terrible pain in my conscience was undiminished and had even worsened. From that day on, I was seized by trepitation, which lasted about 13 days. I could not sleep or rest.

Now let me tell you the most terrible thing: I saw in front of me Satan, his face being at a distance of about 20 cm from mine, constantly day and night. I went to bed at night and I felt like he was hugging me and I was frozen all over. I was reading the Salutations of the Virgin Mary and I felt that my blood was burning in my veins. I felt a foreign being inside me that judged me, I felt horror and as if someone was telling me that "now you belong to me".

As soon as I returned from my paternal home where I had stayed for a few days for possible side effects to the Holy Monastery where I live, I found that while serving the Divine Liturgy I did not understand a thing, feeling as if I were dead, constantly rushing the supplications, a huge stress, not a trace of joy and feeling that I am not a priest, not even a baptized Christian!

I got to the point where I could not speak, as if I had lost my voice, my whole life was black and a constant despair. After all this, I started thinking where this condition was coming from and I begun wondering if it was coming from the vaccine. In this situation I was in, a well-known family came to the monastery and I talked to the mother for a while and she said to me: "father, why are you freeking out, many people who do the first dose of the vaccine do not do the second dose at all". As this girl told me these words I felt a coolness entering my soul, the Grace of God comforting me. So I made a promise and said "God I will not do the second dose of this vaccine". From that moment on, my condition slowly began to improve and I felt a little joy in my soul comforting me.

Needless to say, what grief I went through and the cries I made. I do not know if it is a coincidence, but exactly 40 days after the first dose of the vaccine I began to feel the Grace of God again, to feel a calmness and a consolation that God forgave me for what I had done, although I did not know what the vaccine was. I do not want and do not dare to think what I would have suffered if I had done the second dose of the vaccine. All I can say is that the Holy God showed mercy to me.

Now, although I feel better, I did not return to the previous state before the vaccination. In my humble opinion this Pfizer vaccine I did is a mark, not the final one, perhaps a precursor to the final seal. But the world needs to be informed about what an awesome thing this vaccine is, what a tremendous impact it has on the mental, physical and spiritual world of man …"
Amazing testimony. Where is this from?

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
This is a very confronting video packed with wisdom and reflection on the current response to cojona from the Church but also people themselves. It really made me check myself and make me ask the question why are people who claim to be religious even afraid of a so called virus. How many people actually have faith. How many people actually are willing to sacrifice the world for God. How many people are not afraid of death as the doorway to eternity with God. The road may be narrower than we think. I've noticed this already with Muzzies here in NL where many - especially women - wear masks on the street. If you believe in God, what are you afraid of? That teaches that most of religious people are religious in name only, for they grew up in a certain culture that gave them these ideas, norms and values. On the other hand, if they were born in a secular community they would've done that. It will be so interesting to see how in the coming years ''religious'' people will appear as ''real'' or ''culturally religious''. That is the important thing about coming to Christ (or in effect any religion) later in life, especially from a secular background. There is firepower in that case, a will to do it, to grow the faith, to learn more, for you made the conscious choice based on an intrinsic yearning and understanding of the truth.

Last edited:

Laus Deo

Sparrow
Orthodox
Most of Australia is currently under lockdown, however in one state Orthodox Churches (and places of worship of other denominations) have been forced to close completely. Priests aren’t even allowed to conduct services alone for the purposes of livestreaming.

This is the first time I believe this has happened anywhere in Australia since the pandemic was created. In all other lockdowns and in other states, services are able to be conducted and able to be viewed live online.

ChiefSinnerJohn

Pigeon
Orthodox
I wanted to share this letter with you all. A heartfelt supplication to the Mother of God, that she beg the Lord to deliver us from this ungodly, faithless, condition in which we find ourselves. And an appeal for us faithful to join him in doing so.

A sinful and unworthy priest’s deep, heart-centered appeal to our Most Beloved Panaghia…

Beloved Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus,

I greet you, and each member of your family, in the never-ending JOY of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

We are truly in perilous times! Never would I have believed that my country would have changed - so dramatically, and be so devoid of Christ - in such a short time. However, what we are seeing are the fruits of what has been going on for at least three generations. In the past 60 years, we have been moving - day-by-day - further away from the Gospel of Jesus: We have legally murdered 62 million pre-born babies since the demonic SCOTUS decision 01/22/1973; tax payer dollars are being used by the University of Pittsburgh (and others) to do experiments on organ tissues derived, while they are still alive, from aborted babies as old as 27 weeks; the LGBTQIA movement now has a month (the so-called “marriage” month of June) dedicated to them, and you can be fired from your job by simply stating that you do not agree with their philosophy; same-sex marriages, transgenderism, surrogate mothering, allowing same sex couples to adopt children, are all working to destroy the second most important thing in the foundation of any healthy, Christian society (the 1st being the presence of Jesus Christ and His Gospel) — the traditional GOD-established family unit; and even individual personhood is being fragmented into multiple pieces. No longer do we simply have the God-established two genders, male and female. Now there is “gender fluidity,” which has created hundreds of new genders (You are free to create your own!); and you can use whichever pronoun (There are a couple of new ones being “tested.") that you feel best describes your identity! One proffer at an Ivy League school recently told his students to call him, “there” (or was it “their!).

Finally, our government, big business, universities and the media are constantly trying to force everyone to take a “vaccine,” (all of which currently being used in this country have a connection with an abortive fetal line) for a virus whose overall mortality rate is less than the flu. And those college students under 25, who’s mortality rate is 0.002% (statistically zero) are being told that must be vaccinated in order to attend class. Thousands of people have died from taking the vaccine (over 12,000 as of the end of July, according to the VAERS figures provided by the CDC) and hundreds of thousands have had adverse reactions, over 50,000 of which are seriously, and often permanently, debilitating. And there are non-vaccine methods of protection and healing against this virus that have been blocked by the government for use. Please go to the website of Americas Front Line Doctors (https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org) to get all the proof you need for my comments.

This is all madness! This is all demonic! This is all devoid of the presence of the Gospel message of our Lord and God and Saviour Jesus Christ. And we Orthodox Christians, being the guardians of God’s Truth that has been passed down, through Apostolic Succession, are the most accountable before Christ. In March of 2020, we listened to the lies of the government, some scientists and main-stream media: that millions would die in the USA in a matter of months. And we closed down our churches. Then, we opened them with severely imposed restrictions, some of which were not canonical — to say the least.

Now we are being told that another lockdown is coming in the Fall, along with the first (and, most certainly, not the last), “booster shot” (Actually, the first booster has just been made available.). Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus, we cannot allow “Mammon” to curtail our worship ever again! Our churches must remain open, even more services need to be done in every church, and what goes on inside our churches must return to what GOD expects to be taking place. There can be no more restrictions, or changes, allowed to occur within our Godly worship — absolutely none! Next to the risen Christ Himself, the evil one hates the Divine Liturgy. Therefore, the more Holy Liturgies we offer in our churches, the more we help, not only ourselves and our loved-ones, but also the entire world’s population, and the planet itself, to resist the demonic attacks, with which the evil one constantly assails us.

O most dear Orthodox brethren, it is now well beyond our human capabilities to establish a tenacious, uncompromising Christ-like presence within our society. You and I need to be on our knees, daily, and beg our Most Sweet Lord Jesus to bless us with tears of repentance for not crying out to Him — years ago. He would have certainly given us His Grace, to have prevented what is now occurring. However, we are so weak in our faith, that we have allowed fallen human rationalism to dominate out words and actions. Therefore, we desperately need an intercessor to plead for us before the throne of our Lord Jesus. And He Himself has given us that unique intercessor: “Behold, thy Mother” [John 19:27]. Our holy Church Fathers explain that this action by our Lord, shortly before He died for us, was the giving of His Mother to us. Our Most Beloved Panaghia is, indeed: the Mother of our Life, the Mother of our Church, the Mother of us all!

At the end of our weekly Orthodox fellowship last evening, we offered the Akathist to the Most Holy Theotokos in Honor of Her Dormition. Then, we all fell to our knees; and I offered the long, Spirit-filled prayer that is at the end of that Akathist. Later that evening, I read carefully through that beautiful service. Permit me, please, to share - from various parts of the text - some of the words with you:

Rejoice, thou who savest those who call upon thy name with faith!
Rejoice, thou who art compassionate and merciful unto mankind!
Rejoice, thou who offer the supplications of the faithful to thy Son and God!
Rejoice, thou who dost continually intercede for all before the throne of thy Son and God!
Rejoice, O intercessor given by God for the human race!
Rejoice, O Mother of the God of all, who dost comfort tormented souls!
Rejoice, O joyful one, who in thy Dormition hast not forsaken us!

How blessed are we, who follow the new calendar, that the Holy Dormition falls on a Sunday this year! So many more souls will be able to come to the Holy Liturgy to honor our Panaghia’s “falling asleep.” And I humbly entreat all those following the traditional calendar to join with us in spirit this Sunday.

I have another request, however (no matter which church calendar you follow), and I entreat you to consider joining with me. God willing, tomorrow afternoon (the eve of the Feast), I plan to fall on my knees before the Holy Iviron (of Hawaii) Ikon of the Theotokos. And with my prayer rope, offer to our Holy Lady 300 times: Most Holy Theotokos save us! Then, begging Panaghia to forgive me for my filth and my weak faith, I will offer my personal prayer for her to beg Jesus to deliver us from this ungodly, faithless condition in which we find ourselves.

Brothers and sisters, there are 2652 of you, with whom I have the honor to share daily Patristic teachings. Please consider joining with me, and asking others not on my list to join with you as well. Personally, I hope to begin my plea to our Holy Lady around 3 PM — the time our Lord Jesus gave up His spirit for each one of us. However, you need to find the time that is best for you; and please get as many of your family members as you can to join with you.

I believe, with all of my heart, that our Most Beloved Panaghia will take our humble prayer-offerings to Christ. And our Lord will never say no, to our Panaghia! If, however, our Lady chooses to delay the presenting of our prayers, then I know that this is presently what is best. Nevertheless, our prayers will NOT be in vain. Never! Perhaps, one of the fruits of them will be that Panaghia will unite our hearts to one another; and assure us that she will always keep us under her divine, Holy Protection.

O my Most Beloved Panaghia! I love you so much! Bless everyone who reads my poor words. Heal us and deliver us from the demonic passions that bind us!

Most Holy Theotokos save us!

Your unworthy servant,

sinful priest, +Demetrios

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Gold Member
Most of Australia is currently under lockdown, however in one state Orthodox Churches (and places of worship of other denominations) have been forced to close completely. Priests aren’t even allowed to conduct services alone for the purposes of livestreaming.

This is the first time I believe this has happened anywhere in Australia since the pandemic was created. In all other lockdowns and in other states, services are able to be conducted and able to be viewed live online.
How many mosques have they shut down?

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox

Magnus Stout

Robin
Orthodox
I don't know if this has been posted, but I found an edifying compilation of videos on this topic by a person named "Gregory Decapolite" here:

I've watched most of the 64 videos, but here are the ones that I really enjoyed: 1, 2, 4, 10, 19, 20, 29, 30, 44, 50, 51, 52, 53, 56, 58, and 62. I think 55 is particularly good, here:

Lastly, I was moved by this video (which echos a post I made over a year ago today about having church outside any building):

We are not called to despair. But, God desires spiritual fidelity of us. These are difficult, but rewarding trials to remain faithful. As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit in each of us, and can always call upon that Spirit of Truth if we have doubts about a course of action. Faithfulness will recognize that we are not our own refuge (survivalist mentality), but God is. Remember: God provided for Israel while they wandered the desert for 40 years! God will provide what is needed, when needed. Our frustration is often that what we think we "need" is not what God sees as necessary in that moment (ex: we might be called to witness by martyrdom).

Finally, I wanted to offer what I have learned so far about the leaders in the Church during this spiritual crisis. Our leaders are men and men are fallible. Can we hold them to a standard greater than the Apostles themselves (who were weak after Jesus was taken)? What I have found useful is to reflect on the Lord's Prayer, specifically this: "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." Don't dwell on the faults of others, but forgive them and pray for them. Focus on your relationship with Christ, who is our refuge and strength.

Last edited:

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox

St. Tikhon's live shilling the vaxx
It seems to be directly aimed at Fr. Peter’s podcast (likely among others), as the question comes “Whom do you trust?”

Here are my thoughts, without being too specific.

Dr. Nash comes across as qualified, as he is. He has a background in Bioethics, which is a kind of applied philosophy of ethics, and has the relevant medical credentials and clinical practice. He has also been involved in revising or criticizing FDA approval processes, so it is clear that he knows the process behind approval rather well.Unfortunately, with such lofty credentials and an impressive track record, Dr. Nash mostly (with one or two exceptions) addresses the worst arguments, or poorly substantiated data points of the opposition. He also engages in rather questionable philosophy (I’ll save that for last).

Here are the major points he didn’t address that serve to undercut his claims:

(1) widespread reports of vaccine-related hospitalizations AS WELL as widespread reports of a cover up (e.g. hospital staff being punished or threatened for reporting adverse reactions). He claimed that hospitals are encouraged to report adverse events (which is true, on paper), but seemed unaware of these reports.

(2) the relevant distinctions between this vaccine and other kinds; for example, Dr. Nash argued that the background info for adverse vaccine reactions is that they generally occur within 2 months. Putting aside whether this is true or relevant (more on that below), there is good reason to believe this vaccine will not have the same pattern of adverse reactions as others (again, assuming the background info is true). For example, conventional vaccine materials will tend to remain in the upper arm muscles, where the injection occurred, but this injection results in universal spread throughout the body, mainly in the bone-marrow, testes, or ovaries. If this is true, and is in fact unique, it looks prima facie like one is justified in thinking the distinct properties of the synthetic mRNA vaccines render expectable comparisons of outcome unjustified. In other words, applying the background info (2 months for most reactions) seems suspect.

(3) There are prominent counter-examples to the claim that adverse vaccine reactions should be expected to occur within 2 months, and given the exceptional nature of the synthetic mRNA vaccines, we should take those prominent counter-examples to heart. For example, adverse reactions were discovered AFTER FDA (or equivalent foreign agency) approval for the measles, RSV, Rotavirus, Lyme disease, Pertussis, intranasal influenza, and Dengue fever vaccines. There is also some evidence that the anthrax vaccine, at minimum, contributed to Gulf War Syndrome among Gulf War vets. It is true that the above list of vaccines are mostly pre-21st century, but it should be said that the synthetic mRNA vaccine is described as being revolutionary, so its novelty undercuts confidence in 21st industrial precision and trial-design, which is often used to rebut concerns linked to recalled vaccines.

(4) the fact that the vaccine is not sterilizing - i.e. the vaccinated continue to propagate the virus. Dr. Nash did not use these specific terms, or refer to this concern in depth, but he did argue that the vaccinated have better outcomes, nonetheless. If I understand this issue correctly, non-sterilizing vaccines can actually increase the likelihood of a dangerous mutation. This has been discussed elsewhere at some length, so I will not get into that point.

(5) the data - all data - comes packaged with assumptions since not only must someone input the data, but they also must model it, interpret it, etc.. The issue with most COVID data from the beginning is that it, like all data, exists in isolation, and must be joined, modeled, to see patterns, but patterns are very complicated things. So in the beginning of the pandemic, you might think, “the death rate is very high in NYC,” therefore, almost immediately, one concludes that the virus must have a very high death rate. But what were they doing in NYC? What characteristics did the population have? One hospital might have a very high death rate because ventilators were used on everyone, another hospital might have waited for patients to get to the worst stage of the virus until treatment, which resulted in high death counts. Most of the data is presented in unweighted terms, as in “the death rate is x% per 100 cases,” but to evaluate one’s own risk one needs to know the ways in which the sick resemble oneself, since human health exists in many ways. This is the great difficulty we all face, including the CDC, including all scientists. This is why population-type sciences are frankly a low form of knowledge, since they study the trillion effects of causes on a population with limited access to the real effects, using statistical assumptions of significance to learn the real results. It works well enough to have some tenuous confidence, but every step into a new kind of medical technology is fraught with monsters, even ones one cannot anticipate. Sometimes something rather inert in the environment is catalyzed into poison by the introduction of another cause, but who could know without significant results?

(6) when evaluating a proposition, ALL background information becomes relevant. It is then relevant to even bring in theology, or philosophy, or even geopolitics. It must be said that science in America has become the slave to a degenerate culture, and those corporations and public figures that push it. Why is it considered healthy to mutilate boys and girls? Why are psychological medications given for genuine spiritual plights and diseases that REVEAL deep longings to flee from this darkened thing we call civilization? Why do we use slaughtered children like medical panaceas? Are these minds that long for medical precision precise in their medicinal offerings if they mix murder and psychosis with their prescriptions? And why have the purveyors of global-death sought to push this technology relentlessly? Are these people not our enemies? Why do we take what they offer us with glee? This entire push fits perfectly with what we expect, eschatologically. Should this information, coming as it does from the summit of knowledge, not inform our approach? Surely, it should.

(7) I promised a bit of philosophy, and I have already done a measure. In response to the question, “should one get the vaccine if it utilizes aborted children somehow?” Dr Nash answered that everything we do is mixed up in sin. Most medicines and very many foods even use these things. I’ve heard this answer before, almost exactly with regard to usury. I cannot recall the author, but the book was published by the Canadian Orthodox publisher that sells the Synaxarion. In it, the author argued that, yes, the saints condemn usury, but that somehow, rather mysteriously, we live in such a sinful age that everything we do has sin in it, so we can just go ahead and participate. I’m speaking somewhat hyperbolically, but that’s the upshot. I’ve heard this kind of reply elsewhere, of course, but it never struck me as terribly repentant. It seems much more like self-pity, which is just an excuse behind which desire creeps. Why not say we should not participate in sin? We should not. There. And then say, perhaps, God have mercy on us since we do not have what it takes to actually do something about this, such as living simply. So too, why not say, these vaccines have bad things in them, we shouldn’t take them. We shouldn’t eat those foods that use them, either. Some may not like this, and say it is too hard, and for them I ask God’s mercy.

I say then that Dr. Nash gives a good go, and will likely convince a few. He has the credentials, and he is in fact Orthodox. There’s nothing new here, nonetheless. We have sufficient reason to remain skeptical, at minimum, and enough reason to believe these things are bad. As the right-mind Orthodox rightly see, the saints know God - they know the Logos who is the reason for everything. We reason according to the Logos, who fitly informs the saints. We can use reason and arguments to show the viability, or the mere possibility of our claims, but we must always rush to the Source of Knowledge.

Last edited:

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
(7) I promised a bit of philosophy, and I have already done a measure. In response to the question, “should one get the vaccine if it utilizes aborted children somehow?” Dr Nash answered that everything we do is mixed up in sin. Most medicines and very many foods even use these things. I’ve heard this answer before, almost exactly with regard to usury. I cannot recall the author, but the book was published by the Canadian Orthodox publisher that sells the Synaxarion. In it, the author argued that, yes, the saints condemn usury, but that somehow, rather mysteriously, we live in such a sinful age that everything we do has sin in it, so we can just go ahead and participate. I’m speaking somewhat hyperbolically, but that’s the upshot. I’ve heard this kind of reply elsewhere, of course, but it never struck me as terribly repentant. It seems much more like self-pity, which is just an excuse behind which desire creeps. Why not say we should not participate in sin? We should not. There. And then say, perhaps, God have mercy on us since we do not have what it takes to actually do something about this, such as living simply. So too, why not say, these vaccines have bad things in them, we shouldn’t take them. We shouldn’t eat those foods that use them, either. Some may not like this, and say it is too hard, and for them I ask God’s mercy.
Spot on. Jesus had a lot of hard teachings, we can't just throw them out because they're too hard.

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox
I should add another point to the claim that "we live in a sinful age, so everything is mixed up with sin." If it is true that the very nature of a thing is mixed up with sin (as these vaccines are), why is it enough to say everything is mixed up so? Shouldn't we not ADD sin to sin, and so become even more mixed up with it ourselves? This is exactly the temptation that the demons send when we are deep in the mire of sin: "well you've come this far. Might as well go further."