News Orthodox response to Coronavirus / Great Reset

Laus Deo

Sparrow
Orthodox
This is the plan for one of the 6 states in Australia at the moment (but expect the rest to follow). Jab passports to attend Sunday mass.

The local Greek Orthodox Archdiocese has promoted people get the jab from the start of the year.

Where would someone like me go from here? Roosh has previously said he wouldn’t contemplate cutting and running from the U.S. until the religious were persecuted against. Should I now contemplate it?

1631005485765.jpeg

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Where would someone like me go from here? Roosh has previously said he wouldn’t contemplate cutting and running from the U.S. until the religious were persecuted against. Should I now contemplate it?
The problem is, since we don't know the future, we may be fleeing to a place that will implement the same measures, or perhaps become even worse. Since these coronavirus measures are global in nature, my guess is that by fleeing, you only buy yourself a little bit of time.

josemiguel

Pigeon
Orthodox
This is the plan for one of the 6 states in Australia at the moment (but expect the rest to follow). Jab passports to attend Sunday mass.

The local Greek Orthodox Archdiocese has promoted people get the jab from the start of the year.

Only go if you have somewhere to go. At a minimum, you're going to get the catacomb experience that many of us may end up following you into over the next few years. If you have an intact community network, you've got your catacomb.

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox
For those in Australia, I think it will continue to get harder. This will perhaps come to the US, as well, or at least parts of it. There are likely Orthodox operating secretly there, but you will have to know who to speak to, and not say a thing about it to anyone (even here). I suspect you may know where to look if you consider one of the beloved monks there.

This is how it was early on in the states during the lockdowns. Some churches continued secretly.

josemiguel

Pigeon
Orthodox
For those in Australia, I think it will continue to get harder. This will perhaps come to the US, as well, or at least parts of it. There are likely Orthodox operating secretly there, but you will have to know who to speak to, and not say a thing about it to anyone (even here). I suspect you may know where to look if you consider one of the beloved monks there.

This is how it was early on in the states during the lockdowns. Some churches continued secretly.
Yep, and since I was only a catachumen at the time I wasn't informed!

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
There is one Ortho church in my city, Russian in origin but multicultual. I want to inquire but one caveat is that they've cucked hard for the cojona. Masks, social distance, limited amount of people at the liturgy. However it is my only chance to go to an Orthodox church. What are your opinions? I feel like it is better than nothing and they can change in the future but it is disturbing to me somewhat.

josemiguel

Pigeon
Orthodox
There is one Ortho church in my city, Russian in origin but multicultual. I want to inquire but one caveat is that they've cucked hard for the cojona. Masks, social distance, limited amount of people at the liturgy. However it is my only chance to go to an Orthodox church. What are your opinions? I feel like it is better than nothing and they can change in the future but it is disturbing to me somewhat.
If it is the only parish, I'd go. Just don't do the nonsense. If confronted on it you can always say you're were curious if they actually believed what their religion claims.

Kev

Chicken
Orthodox
This morning I learned that the Geronda Ephraim of Vatopedi is encouraging people to take a Covid injection. This is pretty disturbing given the number of faithful who hand on his every word. An English translation of his interview is available on YouTube here.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
This morning I learned that the Geronda Ephraim of Vatopedi is encouraging people to take a Covid injection. This is pretty disturbing given the number of faithful who hand on his every word. An English translation of his interview is available on YouTube here.
This is deeply troubling. Vatopedi is a prominent monastery.

Lawrence87

Sparrow
Orthodox
What we should never lose sight of is that no matter how bad it gets, no matter how many hierarchs go along with the tyranny, no matter how persecuted we are for not going along with it, they cannot defeat us. Even if we are denied food and end up shot and left in a ditch somewhere or starved to death, they cannot take what Christ has given us. They can do nothing to prevail against it, all we have to do is stay true to Him.