News Orthodox response to Coronavirus / Great Reset

Edek

Banned
Orthodox Catechumen
This is a difficult time for all of us. I don't know what to think about Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew's support for this globalist statement, which uses the nonsensical (at face value, anyway) dog whistle slogan "no one is safe until everyone is safe"

https://www.anglicannews.org/news/2...bury-call-for-the-protection-of-creation.aspx

He took the mystery serum in January, and has been urging the faithful to take it since then, dismissing our concerns as unjust and illogical
https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/08/28/patriarch-bartholomew-vaccinated/

Apologies if I am repeating this, I am sure @MichaelWitcoff has covered it already, but I didn't find it in the site search.

Last edited:

NickK

Banned
Orthodox
A small, but important bit of information ragarding EP Bartholomew's statement:

He is a Turkish citizen so he did the Chinese Sinovac vaccine, a classic vaccine which unfortunately also used abortion-derived cells for a portion of its tests.
But he still urges all Orthodox around the world to go do the mRNA jabs.

Go figure.

Also, iirc, he presented awards to the presidents of Pfizer and Moderna a while ago.

Raskolnikov

Pigeon
Orthodox
Hey, chicken here, I couldn't find a thread for mutual spiritual help in this Coof crisis.
I find myself struggling a lot with my faith recently, literally everyone around me is jabbed and has less and less understanding for my refusal, plus I'm starting to mess up my master's degree because of it.
I know many of us generally see this as a divine trial, but when will this end? I feel like it's only going to get worse in the coming months and I'm already at a little bit of a breaking point here.
Is there maybe a text or some talk by a priest or something that offers solace?

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Hey, chicken here, I couldn't find a thread for mutual spiritual help in this Coof crisis.
I find myself struggling a lot with my faith recently, literally everyone around me is jabbed and has less and less understanding for my refusal, plus I'm starting to mess up my master's degree because of it.
I know many of us generally see this as a divine trial, but when will this end? I feel like it's only going to get worse in the coming months and I'm already at a little bit of a breaking point here.
Sorry to hear that. More and more people are feeling this way but keep your head up. I see you're located in Germany, there's a German Orthodox Telegram group that is on your side and is very active: https://t.me/Deutsche_Orthodoxie
Here's some good resources:
Priestmonk Kosmas: https://www.orthodoxtalks.com/for-the-orthodox-faithful-who-are-confused-about-covid-vaccines/
Fr. Peter Heers: https://orthodoxethos.com/

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

Read the link that @DanielH listed above. It will take you hours. It lays everything out that you need to know and covers all the theology and Church history that is relevant giving many examples from the past.

https://www.orthodoxtalks.com/for-the-orthodox-faithful-who-are-confused-about-covid-vaccines/

Raskolnikov

Pigeon
Orthodox
Sorry to hear that. More and more people are feeling this way but keep your head up. I see you're located in Germany, there's a German Orthodox Telegram group that is on your side and is very active: https://t.me/Deutsche_Orthodoxie

Here's some good resources:
Priestmonk Kosmas: https://www.orthodoxtalks.com/for-the-orthodox-faithful-who-are-confused-about-covid-vaccines/
Fr. Peter Heers: https://orthodoxethos.com/
thanks man, I've already known Peter Heers, and I wish my Priest was as based as him.

don't get me wrong I'm pretty much of the view that the jab is evil, but I thought if I refused, God would at least provide me with some peace of mind to get through it all. Right now isolation is counterintuitively the only way I see not to go crazy, because everyone around me has become so zealous about this stuff. I wonder if this is a sign by God to just drop this pretentious academic career since it might be useless anyway and just get away from this hellish nation.

Mike Contro Rossi

Sparrow
Orthodox
thanks man, I've already known Peter Heers, and I wish my Priest was as based as him.

don't get me wrong I'm pretty much of the view that the jab is evil, but I thought if I refused, God would at least provide me with some peace of mind to get through it all. Right now isolation is counterintuitively the only way I see not to go crazy, because everyone around me has become so zealous about this stuff. I wonder if this is a sign by God to just drop this pretentious academic career since it might be useless anyway and just get away from this hellish nation.
Peace of mind is found in prayers to the Mother of God..

josemiguel

Robin
Orthodox
Right now isolation is counterintuitively the only way I see not to go crazy, because everyone around me has become so zealous about this stuff
We need people, you just got to find one friend closer than a brother.
I wonder if this is a sign by God to just drop this pretentious academic career since it might be useless anyway and just get away from this hellish nation
The first is a possibility. If you stay in Germany, you'll get to see the Germans dying off around you as the boosters keep getting rolled out.

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
@Raskolnikov
I like what Dr. Zelenko said: "Noah was a conspiracy theorist until it started raining."

What is the history of man if not repeated examples of the plurality making stupid and evil choices? This time is no different, except that our propaganda is more sophisticated. They are wrong. You already know this in your heart.

This is not about science or a virus, but control. Ultimately, it will also lead to spiritual damnation.

The willful idiots taking the jab expect to receive some crumbs of normalcy. Too late will they realize that most will be sterilized and/or die. Even now there are Covidians sent into the hospital by the vexx, who praise the vexx! They vainly promote human sacrifices to achieve a security using the same logic as these pagans:
sacrifice-1.jpg

This is a literal death cult built upon the blood of murdered infants and sustained by at least 150k deaths in the US. The clot shot is a fitting sacrament of their twisted and heinous religion. It is a movement that aggressively lies and hates the Truth. It is Evil.

Resist. Stand strong.

Last edited:

Paisios Harlan

Pigeon
Orthodox
Peace of mind is found in prayers to the Mother of God..
I also started reading the Psalter during all of this. When I have time, I read one kathisma (1/20th of the book of Psalms) a day. Many of the psalms are about being attacked by evil ones, and God wiping out our enemies, etc. This type of practice builds us up spiritually in a gradual way.

Remember, we are to think and live spiritually. We may not have much solace with earthly things. If we think that we will have some sort of worldly reprieve, we are thinking incorrectly. One of my favorite priestmonks to listen to is Fr. Kosmas at Orthodox Talks. I'm listening to talk 38 now, he talks about war being a blessing. No joke. He said war brings humility. Family and country being destroyed is a blessing from God. This is the Orthodox mindset. God help us to acquire the mind of the Holy Fathers, the Church, and our Lord Jesus Christ!

Raskolnikov

Pigeon
Orthodox
@Raskolnikov
I like what Dr. Zelenko said: "Noah was a conspiracy theorist until it started raining."

What is the history of man if not repeated examples of the plurality making stupid and evil choices? This time is no different, except that our propaganda is more sophisticated. They are wrong. You already know this in your heart.

This is not about science or a virus, but control. Ultimately, it will also lead to spiritual damnation.

The willful idiots taking the jab expect to receive some crumbs of normalcy. Too late will they realize that most will be sterilized and/or die. Even now there are Covidians sent into the hospital by the vexx, who praise the vexx! They vainly promote human sacrifices to achieve a security using the same logic as these pagans:

This is a literal death cult built upon the blood of murdered infants and sustained by at least 150k deaths in the US. The clot shot is a fitting sacrament of their twisted and heinous religion. It is a movement that aggressively lies and hates the Truth. It is Evil.

Resist. Stand strong.
Not proud to admit it, but I frequently catch myself hoping that the drastic side effects will set in rather earlier than later in the people I know, such that at least they may learn from it and won't keep terrorizing me through this winter, and idea that really scares me.

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
The problem is that they are forcing this poison into the arms of old and young alike. Isn't that the very mark of evil: coercion and lies? The Good does not use coercion. Even Christ Himself asked, "Do you want to be healed?" God respects our Free Will. Satan does not.

When you read many of these vexx injury stories, the most common theme is: "I didn't want to do it and/or I didn't think it necessary, but I felt forced." Unlike the vexx pushers, I do not take delight in their suffering. It is very sad to read/watch so much needless pain and suffering. Without the blanket censorship, the vexx campaign would end overnight.

Even if these injections weren't poison (some are simply saline because the ongoing purge trials are not over until 2023), taking them reveals a faithlessness. Listen to the voice of God--to the Holy Spirit. He give indications to His faithful to avoid this trap. Free Will is a two-way street: you pay the price either for Good or Evil. Those taking it need to repent and now join the side of Good.

Raskolnikov

Pigeon
Orthodox
The problem is that they are forcing this poison into the arms of old and young alike. Isn't that the very mark of evil: coercion and lies? The Good does not use coercion. Even Christ Himself asked, "Do you want to be healed?" God respects our Free Will. Satan does not.

When you read many of these vexx injury stories, the most common theme is: "I didn't want to do it and/or I didn't think it necessary, but I felt forced." Unlike the vexx pushers, I do not take delight in their suffering. It is very sad to read/watch so much needless pain and suffering. Without the blanket censorship, the vexx campaign would end overnight.

Even if these injections weren't poison (some are simply saline because the ongoing purge trials are not over until 2023), taking them reveals a faithlessness. Listen to the voice of God--to the Holy Spirit. He give indications to His faithful to avoid this trap. Free Will is a two-way street: you pay the price either for Good or Evil. Those taking it need to repent and now join the side of Good.
thanks, that's the mindset I try to maintain. But do you think it makes sense to go public against it? I'm friends with a guy here in this city, who constantly builds up signs and does his own little demonstration, and tries to talk to people and reach them.
He gets ridiculed and insulted a lot, but he says he sometimes brings people to rethink their position. Instinctively I would believe this to be an exercise in futility, because of the massive spiritual dimension of it all, but I kind of have to admire the dude for carrying on so virtuously (he's not a practicing Christian by the way). Is it cowardice or a cop out not to do stuff like this because the bigger problem seems too big to fix?
Generally, going out, in poverty if necessary, and proclaiming the truth to the people despite hatred and ridicule would be the Christian thing to do, wouldn't it? I'm keeping my head down right now, because I can't stand talking to these arrogant idiots at my University as it is, I don't want them making my life more miserable

Last edited:

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
thanks, that's the mindset I try to maintain. But do you think it makes sense to go public against it? I'm friends with a guy here in this city, who constantly builds up signs and does his own little demonstration, and tries to talk to people and reach them.
He gets ridiculed and insulted a lot, but he says he sometimes brings people to rethink their position. Instinctively I would believe this to be an exercise in futility, because of the massive spiritual dimension of it all, but I kind of have to admire the dude for carrying on so virtuously (he's not a practicing Christian by the way). Is it cowardice or a cop out not to do stuff like this because the bigger problem seems too big to fix?
Generally, going out, in poverty if necessary, and proclaiming the truth to the people despite hatred and ridicule would be the Christian thing to do, wouldn't it? I'm keeping my head down right now, because I can't stand talking to these arrogant idiots at my University as it is, I don't want them making my life more miserable

Very good questions. Out of frustration, I used to avoid people in real life about this issue. The pure insanity of such people can bring out the worst in me in confrontational situations. However, I am now convinced that confrontation is inevitable--not an "if," but a "when" question. The earlier we confront, the better. John Waters provides illumination here:
... We deal with extraordinarily powerful and largely unbridled forces. We ought not to approach our fellows in this condition with the mindset that we might change their minds. That is folly indeed. Instead, we must wait, watch, choose our moments, and strike delicately and precisely.

The most important thing, Desmet says, is to continue speaking out, to keep saying that we do not agree with the mainstream narrative, to interrupt the constant flow of lies (propaganda) with the truth. This unsettles the hypnosis, causing the mesmermised to turn in their sleep.

Desmet says we have to continue to share rational counter-arguments, in the hope of breaking the link of free-floating anxiety to the virus, which he describes as a kind of welded joint created at the highest level of anxiety. Warning people of the dangers of a totalitarian state — itself a possible new object of anxiety — might cause this joint to be broken and a new one formed.

The presence of alternative voices also serves to curb the viciousness of the rulers and constrains the mob in its excesses. ‘Alternative voices, as Le Bon said, do not succeed in waking up the masses, but if the same group continues to talk and utter a different story, and ensure there is a different voice in the public space, then the masses might not become very cruel.

‘We have to aim to keep a path for the small group that doesn’t want to conform to the mainstream narrative. We have to continue to talk and to establish a parallel society that produces its own foods, its own clinics and hospitals and that can provide the means of surviving outside mainstream society....
So, yes: words now may avert the need for bullets later. I recently wrote a long post elaborating about these ideas here:

Finally, ending on a white pill:
853165e69127c2e4.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Contro Rossi

Sparrow
Orthodox

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Just to make it clear I agree with you here, but neither my priest nor my bishop feel this way. I recently tried to explain my position on the use of fetal cells to my priest and he ridiculed me. Do I know better than my priest or my bishop? I can't say that I do. Do you?

The point I was trying to make is that we should strive to have unity in our churches. It is a sad thing that most of our parishes are suffering from internal divisions because of issues regarding covid and vaccines. If we allow our unity to be broken up then the devil wins.
I recommend reading this in its entirety: https://www.orthodoxtalks.com/for-the-orthodox-faithful-who-are-confused-about-covid-vaccines/

There were many false synods and councils where whole assemblies of bishops were unanimously wrong. We can't unload our personal responsibility regarding these vaccines on our priests and bishops who have fallen into error. We won't be given a pass on the Day of Judgment.

A Cypriot Synod in 1974 temporarily declared that abortion was acceptable by after the Turks invaded and raped their women.

After the Bavarian king ruling over Greece pressured the Greek Church into allowing marriage for monastics in 1832, a Greek Synod agreed that monastics could violate their solemn vows of celibacy and get married.

A proper 2001 Holy Synod of the OCA ruled that medical testing using aborted fetal cells was impermissible, even if the abortion happened long ago. What changed? Why are the bishops of the OCA afraid to reiterate the statements of their past Holy Synod?

I've quoted the above before, but here are some relevant statements.

Fifth, ever since the Holocaust the principle has been universally accepted by the scientific community that no experimentation should be undertaken on human subjects without the subject’s informed consent. Obviously, such consent cannot be granted by an embryo (nor, by the way, by a two-year old). Neither the mother nor anyone else has “proxy” rights in this regard over the life and well-being of a Child in utero or in vitro .
In conclusion, we firmly reject any and all manipulation of human embryos for research purposes as inherently immoral and a fundamental violation of human life.

Mulato_Man_Gabe

Pigeon
Orthodox
Maybe it was political pressure, but its more likely they really believe what they are saying.

What are you going to do about it? Post more frequently on RVF?

The proper response to the OCA destorying itself by promoting the vaccine is to repent and support those within the church who do not push this evil. Only repentance and denouncing heresey will solve anything. DanielH is doing pretty good on the 2nd part, so he should keep doing it.

I don't know what is worse, giving into political preassure, or becoming so truly deluded that they actually believe the opposite of that Synod DanielH cited. I can speculate as to the true motivation, but that would not amount to much. Sin is sin, and all that needs to be said about it is that it needs to stop.

I know there are good clergy and parishoners among the OCA, I hope they struggle and fight against this temptation.

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox
Unity in the Church does not entail or require the well to make themselves ill for the sake of the sickly. Bishops and priests can be sickly. As I have said before, if we are not guided by good priests, we will find ourselves assenting to many worrisome things, slowly. That is why it is important to find a confessor who is not confused about these issues. As always, it seems the monasteries, especially of Elder Ephraim, are populated by such good confessors.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
denouncing heresey
Heresy is a strong word. We need to be very careful about using this language. It is safe to say that not only the OCA, but the majority of the churches worldwide are allowing their faithful to take the vaccine. Would you feel comfortable writing to your bishop and informing him that he is a heretic because of his stance on this issue? Should I leave my parish because my priest is pro-vaccine? Maybe we should break off and form the True True True Orthodox Church?