Orthodox response to Coronavirus / Great Reset

Please just stop posting here for your own sake. You're not Orthodox, this is an Orthodox sub forum, you're insulting our religion, and this hasn't had anything to do with covid in a long time.

He came out of nowhere just to mock my relationship with Jesus Christ.

He is doing far more damage to your cause than someone like me who doesn't even follow the Orthodox Church.

It is depressing that there are supposedly good people that only pretend to be good, when they are actually hateful and evil.

I will pray for him at my more modern Christian church...you know, the ones that everyone makes fun of for focusing only on Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit and our Lord!

NickK

Robin
"You worship what you don't know, we know what we worship. For salvation is of the Jews."
John 4:22

After the incarnation of our Lord, the Church is the "Jews". Salvation is of the Church. Sadly, you insist on being outside of it.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
What I'm trying to figure out is why Logos Supreme's profile says "Orthodox Christian" when he's obviously not Orthodox.

This is an odd exchange because starting with post #59 he starts to sound like a completely different person from #51 where he says we shouldn't veer from tradition in the slightest. It's a little weird. Did Steven Anderson hack his account?

Anyway, all I have to add to this is to say that your perspective is going to depend on how you view the Church.

If one's self and personal interpretation is the final arbiter of Biblical interpretation and Christian truth, then it's fine to ditch a church and its traditions when it doesn't suit your whims anymore. But if the Church really has authority and has been ordained by God, you're actually imperiling yourself by disobeying seemingly "unimportant details" like venerating icons. Just become one doesn't understand the reasoning or personally thinks it's unimportant, doesn't make it the case.

"You worship what you don't know, we know what we worship. For salvation is of the Jews."
John 4:22

After the incarnation of our Lord, the Church is the "Jews". Salvation is of the Church. Sadly, you insist on being outside of it.

I took the high road and said I would pray for you, because I expected you to take the low road.

What I'm trying to figure out is why Logos Supreme's profile says "Orthodox Christian" when he's obviously not Orthodox.

This is an odd exchange because starting with post #59 he starts to sound like a completely different person from #51 where he says we shouldn't veer from tradition in the slightest. It's a little weird. Did Steven Anderson hack his account?

Anyway, all I have to add to this is to say that your perspective is going to depend on how you view the Church.

If one's self and personal interpretation is the final arbiter of Biblical interpretation and Christian truth, then it's fine to ditch a church and its traditions when it doesn't suit your whims anymore. But if the Church really has authority and has been ordained by God, you're actually imperiling yourself by disobeying seemingly "unimportant details" like venerating icons. Just become one doesn't understand the reasoning or personally thinks it's unimportant, doesn't make it the case.

I'm new to this forum and didn't realize my profile was set to Orthodox by default.

I am a modern Christian not a hacker or a troll.

It is because hateful people like Daniel H and Nick K that I believe the Jews and groups in the government want to just kill them off.

This is not only because these groups are greedy and evil, but I can easily imagine arrogant guys like Daniel H and Nick K pissing off Jewish people throughout history triggering the Jews to decide to create all these depopulation agendas against all Orthodox and Catholics in general.

So thank closed-minded people like them for all these problems.

It is guys like them that caused the birth of modern Christianity as well.

Daniel H the hypocrite. Pretends he loves Jesus Christ and then acts like a childish brat on here disliking all my posts.

I won't pray for you. Maybe you belong in Hell.

Now you're suggesting that maybe it's a good thing for the Church to be genocided. Please leave this subforum.

No I was saying if the Church is filled with monsters like you, but it isn't is it?

People like you are always the minority and speak for the entire Church, which only hurts your cause rather than helps it.

Aboulia

Woodpecker
My personal and very real experience with God is through a relationship with Jesus Christ, which has been for years without veneration to anyone but him.
|I'm sorry, but if I don't venerate supposed manifestations of Christ and as a result, they get angry and declare me anathema...how is that Christ-like exactly?
It has that "I'm a special boy" vibe to it. I'm a saint and if you don't recognize me as a Christ-like figure and venerate me, then I declare you anathema!

This is absurd and childish.

In case you calm down, and come back to read this. Please note that people aren't anathema, views/ideas are. We hate the sin, but love the sinner.

It's unreal that this went the way it did, all over the misunderstanding of the words "venerate" and "manifest".

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
To get this thread back on track, Fr. Peter Heers is currently doing an Orthodox Survival Course on Patreon. You can donate as little as $3 per month to get access to all of the lectures and Q&A (one per week). There are higher donation levels, but everyone gets the same content, which I thought was rather nice.

It's inspired by Fr. Seraphim Rose's Orthodox Survival Course, but it also seems to be aimed at helping people deal with the virus and other modern narratives. I haven't gone through all of the material yet but it seems pretty good so far.

Overall Aim of the Course

To assist in the acquisition of the Mind of Christ, the Orthodox Patristic Perspective and Worldview, in order to protect the faithful from the wiles of enemy and the spirit of Antichrist which, by another name, is secularism. Or, simply: to spiritually survive the apostasy.

If some man has the nerve to claim to send my soul to Hell, you bet your bottom dollar I would call him an old fart or worse!

How can you not see my point?

A man claiming to be a manifestation of Christ is blasphemy. Only CHRIST is Christ!

And declaring a good man anathema is much more disgusting than calling someone an old fart.

These men are declared manifestations of Christ...by other men not Christ himself...so how can you believe these men are Christ-like so easily?

All men are imperfect, so nobody is worthy of even pretending to manifest Christ.

The fact that you keep referring to yourself as “a good soul” and “a good man” is, if I may be blunt, rather telling as to your current level of spiritual development. As my priest once said, “the closer you get to the light, the more of your darkness you’ll see.”

The refusal to honor Saints, reference to yourself as good, and name-calling of the Church Fathers all have the same source: the sin of pride. Orthodoxy humbles you, in many and varied ways. Without the humility to submit to the Church the Apostles planted, this is where you wind up. Hence why I can never trust a Christian who calls himself “good.”

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member

EexAAJFX0AEGGVQ