Our schools are next

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
EuSNOleVcAMnQ-0

EuSNS2yVIAICRWh

They're normalizing the term "traitor" and promoting it as a virtue. Getting out ahead of the anticipated reaction to the actions they'll inspire. Interesting to see the term "abolitionist" recycled in this context too. It appears this is their euphemism for genocide. Something the kiddos will nonetheless instinctually associate with slavery given the common usage. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the room where this terminology was being formulated.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the room where this terminology was being formulated.
Barnor Hesse is the guy that formulated "The 8 White Identities".

Barnor Hesse is an Associate Professor of African American Studies, Political Science, and Sociology at Northwestern University, Department of African American Studies. He received his Ph.D. in Government (Ideology and Discourse Analysis) at the University of Essex. His research interests include post-structuralism and political theory, black political thought, modernity and coloniality, blackness and affect, race and governmentality, conceptual methodologies, postcolonial studies.

The Nazis, the KKK, and the even Confederates got nothing on today's progressives.

Reframing things to make it impossible for your side to be racist is so smart, only a demon could come up with it.

The Nazis, the KKK, and the even Confederates got nothing on today's progressives.

Reframing things to make it impossible for your side to be racist is so smart, only a demon could come up with it.

Meanwhile making "racism" the highest social and legal taboo. And per the dictionary definition of the term, even suggesting the obvious that differences may exist, on average, due to evolutionary factors, is now... wait for it... Racism.

Bird

Kingfisher
Guide: U.S. teachers to tackle racism in math

Bildschirmfoto-zu-2021-02-22-12-36-41.png

SALEM. The U.S. state of Oregon has declared war on racism in math classes. In the future, teachers are to learn by means of a guide that even supposedly correct results of arithmetic problems are about "white supremacy".

The state's education bureaucrats want to use a total of five steps to guide educators "toward continuous self-reflection" "as they seek to develop anti-racist math practices," according to the program. To that end, teachers should also abandon supposedly outdated notions that there are "neutral answers." Adhering to this belief is "in itself a trait of white supremacy." Black, Latino and multilingual students in grades six through eight are expected to benefit from the new guidelines.

In order not to discriminate against these groups, at least two answers will apply in the future. To that end, the letter says, "The concept that math is purely objective is false. Preserving the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuates objectivity."

Mathematics serves to preserve capitalism

Past homework practices also belong under scrutiny, according to the new guidelines. For example, the "homework policy should be adapted to meet the needs of students of color," he said.

In the future, teachers should also consider the overall social dimension of their subject. Thus, they are asked to work out "how mathematics is used to preserve capitalist, imperialist, and racist views."

The state of Oregon in the northwestern United States is considered a liberal stronghold. The city of Portland, located there, was the site of months of rioting by the Black Lives Matter movement last year. Democratic Governor Kate Brown nevertheless rejected the use of federal police against the rioters.

https://jungefreiheit.de/politik/au...ollen-rassismus-in-der-mathematik-bekaempfen/

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Guide: U.S. teachers to tackle racism in math

Bildschirmfoto-zu-2021-02-22-12-36-41.png

SALEM. The U.S. state of Oregon has declared war on racism in math classes. In the future, teachers are to learn by means of a guide that even supposedly correct results of arithmetic problems are about "white supremacy".

The state's education bureaucrats want to use a total of five steps to guide educators "toward continuous self-reflection" "as they seek to develop anti-racist math practices," according to the program. To that end, teachers should also abandon supposedly outdated notions that there are "neutral answers." Adhering to this belief is "in itself a trait of white supremacy." Black, Latino and multilingual students in grades six through eight are expected to benefit from the new guidelines.

In order not to discriminate against these groups, at least two answers will apply in the future. To that end, the letter says, "The concept that math is purely objective is false. Preserving the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuates objectivity."

Mathematics serves to preserve capitalism

Past homework practices also belong under scrutiny, according to the new guidelines. For example, the "homework policy should be adapted to meet the needs of students of color," he said.

In the future, teachers should also consider the overall social dimension of their subject. Thus, they are asked to work out "how mathematics is used to preserve capitalist, imperialist, and racist views."

The state of Oregon in the northwestern United States is considered a liberal stronghold. The city of Portland, located there, was the site of months of rioting by the Black Lives Matter movement last year. Democratic Governor Kate Brown nevertheless rejected the use of federal police against the rioters.

https://jungefreiheit.de/politik/au...ollen-rassismus-in-der-mathematik-bekaempfen/
Let's agree that mathematics is racist.

Since that is the case, teaching mathematics to black people is an obvious form of white supremacy.

Therefore, we must not teach mathematics to black people.

Since literature is also a form of white supremacy, we should avoid the issue altogether by not allowing POCs to become literate in the first place.

But we, should, however continue forcing white people to become literate and learn mathematics. This will make white people aware of their white privilege, and the world will be a better place for it.

Bird

Kingfisher
Find more information on this topic

Are you or your Professional Learning Team looking for a deeper dive into equity work? Our friends at the Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction are offering a virtual micro-course beginning February 25, 2021, titled “Pathway to Math Equity Micro-Course 2.0: Valuing and elevating student discourse in the math classroom.”

and an article published in the NY Times

Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific publisher or a curriculum for homeschooling that is just basic and “clean”/“old school”? I’m talking about everything from pre-k on up, I know it is progressing to a point where we won’t be able to purchase such materials any longer. I think it’s a good idea to have these kinds of books and materials on hand.

Renzy

Pelican
Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific publisher or a curriculum for homeschooling that is just basic and “clean”/“old school”? I’m talking about everything from pre-k on up, I know it is progressing to a point where we won’t be able to purchase such materials any longer. I think it’s a good idea to have these kinds of books and materials on hand.

You might check out The The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home. That book is a guide to curriculums you can use for a classical homeschooled education. The authors of that book do publish their own materials for history, grammar and writing, but in the book they list plenty of other publishers if you'd prefer alternatives. It lists materials for pre-k all the way through grade 12.

I've used their Story of the World books for history with my son, and Rod and Staff for math & grammar based off of the recommendations in that book. If you're looking for a more traditional education ("clean"/"old school") for your children it's a good starting point and has an active community of parents using their material.

You might check out The The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home. That book is a guide to curriculums you can use for a classical homeschooled education. The authors of that book do publish their own materials for history, grammar and writing, but in the book they list plenty of other publishers if you'd prefer alternatives. It lists materials for pre-k all the way through grade 12.

I've used their Story of the World books for history with my son, and Rod and Staff for math & grammar based off of the recommendations in that book. If you're looking for a more traditional education ("clean"/"old school") for your children it's a good starting point and has an active community of parents using their material.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Renzy

Pelican

Teachers Compile List Of Parents Who Question Racial Curriculum, Plot War On Them​

In Loudon County, Virginia a group of current and former teachers target parents who aren't on board with the Critical Race Theory being taught in their schools. For those not familiar with Loudon, this is one of the wealthiest counties in the country. Reading through the story reminded me of that AWFL acronym - Affluent White Female Liberals - as the article is basically a testimony to the amount of Crucible like drama a bunch of pampered white women can create when their behavior goes unchecked:

What follows is the story of the wealthiest county in America descending into a moral panic as a group of suburban white women egged each other to extremes against perceived “evil,” while a school system seemed to slide from serving taxpayers to targeting them.

The school system’s focus on race has “radicalized privileged white women in Virginia. It has turned them into a threat to the people in their own community,” he said. “If it happened to them, what is it like for small children?”

The whole ordeal got kicked off when a mother started a thread on their "Anti-Racist" Facebook group with the following comment:

This is a call for volunteers to combat the anti-CRT activities of the P.A.C.T. folks, the stoplcpscrt website, and the like. Looking for folks who are interested in volunteering to organize, lead, execute, and donate regarding the following points:

• Gather information (community mailing lists, list of folks who are in charge of the anti-CRT movement, lists of local lawmakers/folks in charge)
  • Infiltrate (create fake online profiles and join these groups to collect and communicate information, hackers who can either shut down their websites or redirect them to pro-CRT/anti-racist informational webpages)
  • Spread information (expose these people publicly, create online petitions, create counter-mailings)
  • Find a way to gather donations for these efforts. Volunteering is great, but these activities can be costly and not everyone has extra funds readily available
Anyone who is interested in this, please feel free to comment here or PM me directly and indicate what you can help with. Then we can hold a kickoff call and start on action items.

This was the start of what basically became a doxing campaign to identify any parent suspected of being against about Critical Race Theory:

"Members of the “Anti-Racist” group sprang into action, listing dozens of parents, often including where they lived, their employers, or their spouses’ names.

“I’m listing them this way: -First name -Last name -Alias(es) -Location,” Durham wrote.

“I’m losing any hope that remaining civil towards these people changes anything,” she wrote. “Avoiding these people isn’t enough to stop the spread of their evil rhetoric.

“Anyone know any hackers?” she reiterated.

Some of the people doing this were former teachers, now working as "education consultants", who helped egg it on:

“Regarding the anti-CRT movement, we’d like to compile a document of all known actors and supporters. Please comment below with legal names of these individuals, area of residence and or school board Rep known, known accounts on social media, and any other info that you feel is relevant,” wrote Hultman-Lee, who at one point taught Latin at Potomac Falls High School and who is listed as doing business with the school district as an education consultant.

You didn't even have to be explicitly against CRT, just insufficiently enthusiastic or neutral about CRT was enough to make it into their cross-hairs:

They erred on the side of accusing the innocent. In response to one name Hultman-Lee added, another member asked, “Why is she on this list? I haven’t seen her support anti-CRT?”

Hultman-Lee responded, “I put a question mark next to her bc I’m curious about some of her comments re the Dr. Seuss nonsense and racial equity generally. Happy to remove if I’m off the mark.”

Ironically, for all of this effort it doesn't seem that the doxers uncovered any actual racism by these parents. Nevertheless, they were ready to shut down any efforts by these parents to organize any sort of debate around the CRT being taught to their kids:

Secret communications reviewed by The Daily Wire do not offer any evidence of racism by the group’s targets. Their opponents were apparently those who objected to, sought to debate, or were even simply “neutral” about “critical race theory,” a radical philosophy opposed by many liberals and conservatives but increasingly embraced by governments.

The local sheriffs were notified of the woke Karens' plans to have the anti-CRT websites hacked:

Kraig Troxell, a spokesman for the sheriff, told The Daily Wire, “The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is aware of the situation and the information has been forwarded to our criminal investigations division to review the matter.”