Our schools are next

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
I was just going to say. For anyone with kids on this forum, you better home school. It's not an option to go to public school anymore. Not only will they be indoctrinated and shamed for being white, but you are putting your kids in direct clutches of pedophiles and satanists.
I think the amount of kids who are homeschooled right now are in the single digits (it's likely not much higher than 5% if it even is, was less than 2% not too long ago).

I wonder what percentage will start to scare those in charge. 10%? I know 25% isn't something that can happen without pushback. So I'm expecting a homeschooling ban to become mainstream in multiple states in the not-too-distant future. I know it's already illegal in some countries, I believe Germany has largely banned it.

I knew nobody secular that wanted to homeschool until very recently. After the woke years of 2015, and 2016, about half of my secular conservative friends wanted to do it.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I think the amount of kids who are homeschooled right now are in the single digits (it's likely not much higher than 5% if it even is, was less than 2% not too long ago).

I wonder what percentage will start to scare those in charge. 10%? I know 25% isn't something that can happen without pushback. So I'm expecting a homeschooling ban to become mainstream in multiple states in the not-too-distant future. I know it's already illegal in some countries, I believe Germany has largely banned it.

I knew nobody secular that wanted to homeschool until very recently. After the woke years of 2015, and 2016, about half of my secular conservative friends wanted to do it.
I heard months back around February that the Biden regime wanted to end homeschooling and private schooling. It was brought up once or twice then it went away but I'm sure down the line it's going to come up again and become a huge issue here in the USA.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I heard months back around February that the Biden regime wanted to end homeschooling and private schooling. It was brought up once or twice then it went away but I'm sure down the line it's going to come up again and become a huge issue here in the USA.
Can the state FORCE a kid to be educated? Sounds ridiculous.

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
EuSNOleVcAMnQ-0

EuSNS2yVIAICRWh

9. White Realist
Actively recognizes anti-white BS, and dismantles it accordingly

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
Non-Christian
Hmm...

We're at the point now where the USA no longer has a functional school system, nevermind fretting about the contents of what they've been teaching.

Don't believe it? Watch how the next month or so unfolds. The teacher's union made the classic globalist flipflop where they indeed want mandatory quackzines now. Now the vast majority of them are already on board with this, but that's sure to shave off some of the more quiet, conscientious, or auxiliary staff. All of this is announced during a insatiable labor shortage too. The other side of that same coin will be the paranoid, lazy, and scheming woke ones that demand going remote or AWOL again due to a new 'variant' and ergo, their health. This will be semester number four like this.

So public school as we know it is officially finished. There's no way the system ever recovers from this.

Its worth a post because the thought is so weird. All of our lifetimes public education was just an established given.

This is also a historic opportunity, though. The truth is, in the grand scheme of history- homeschooling, paid tutors, and co-operatives has been and will always be the standard for education gents, and its time people start acting like it.

Don't expect to hear too much about free-falling test scores and cancelled classes because of lack of staff in the near future. Its still embarrassing, after all. But don't send your kid to any public education to witness it first-hand, for heaven's sake.

Garuda

Pelican
Protestant

Wisconsin's leading the charge.

fokm

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Gold Member
Don't expect to hear too much about free-falling test scores and cancelled classes because of lack of staff in the near future.
Each state has their own yearly standardized test that most students above 3rd or 4th grade take every year.

Where I live, school is starting up in two weeks yet the kids still don't have their test scores back. The reason? They ran out of envelopes to mail them back, and I guess it's not a top priority to let the kids know their scores.

I was told years ago that the school system where I live is among the best public schools in the country.

So this is either gross incompetence and/or the tests results are so poor that they are dragging their feet.

In any case, I agree that things aren't about to get any better for public schools. Yet another institution that is crumbling.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

Bird

Pelican
Catholic
Gov. Kate Brown signed a law to allow Oregon students to graduate without proving they can write or do math. She doesn’t want to talk about it.

For the next five years, an Oregon high school diploma will be no guarantee that the student who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Gov. Kate Brown had demurred earlier this summer regarding whether she supported the plan passed by the Oregon Legislature to drop the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills. But on July 14, the governor signed Senate Bill 744 into law.

Through a spokesperson, the governor declined again Friday to comment on the law and why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements.

Full story

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Homeshool News

h28Hdg5.png

There were an estimated 4.5 to 5.0 million homeschool students in grades K-12 in the United States during March of 2021 (roughly 8% to 9% of school-age children). There were about 2.5 million homeschool students in spring 2019 (or 3% to 4% of school-age children) [note 1]. The homeschool population had been growing at an estimated 2% to 8% per annum over the past several years, but it grew drastically from 2019-2020 to 2020-2021.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Homeshool News

h28Hdg5.png

Wow, according to this, if your wife homeschools 4 children, she is net-earning around 60k a year (given we spend almost 16k per year per public school student and homeschooled child expenses are 600 per year), more than the median salary of a working American. Even just homeschooling two children saves 30k a year for society.

Really goes to show how pointless and futile having women in the workplace is.

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
Non-Christian
So the teachers don't want to go back to work, and ultimately want to carry this winter break into a completely remote semester, I think...

There's all the usual names you give people like this; lazy, toxic, unpassionate - and its all largely true.

But hopefully this drops enough hints to the general public that teaching as a line of work sucks. I'd honestly liken it do being a prison guard.

It follows the same pattern as the coal mining did when the USA was industrializing, except we don't see Pinkertons and strikers blowing each other away with Remingtons. Yet. The general gist was that the industries that unionized the first and most forcefully were the ones whose work sucked the hardest.

Just like then, nobody could easily come out today and say that the nature of the job sucked. If the coal mines weren't centralized corporate structures and it was a pleasant job, there wouldn't have been any violent labor struggles, no matter how poor the workers were. Period. The first reason nobody would ever focus on conditions was most likely because there was no feasible way to improve it, and the second was complaining about work was a deeper faux pas then than now.

Thats why the final drafts of union demands is almost always monetary compensations (ie more money) instead of suggestions to make the actual work more bearable. Really, its blatant money grubbing, and a cynical and backward way to operate your life. In teaching, it will be a cold in hell before school staff admit the abject nightmare it is to handle the 'children' in this country, for obvious reasons. They're the proverbial coal dust of this whole dilemma.

It isn't about covid. Its about minimizing the time they have contact with the students and our penitentary resembling schools. They don't want to see, hear ,or think about them, and frankly I don't fault them for that. Without germ hysteria, the plan was another twenty years of pretending to teach hellspawn grammar before the sweet sweet promise of an early jetset retirement and public pension. I imagine many of them reach that point pretty washed up. Stress kills.

Don't be the type of person who bitterly despises your job, like teachers, and just slog through for some kind of monetary promises some two decades down the line.

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
Non-Christian

This isn't "school" anymore. I don't care what anybody says.

Anyone who isn't eighty years old knows that a substitute teacher day is pretty much a not-learning day. Our beloved students treat them lower than a snake's navel, first of all.

Second of all: "uh... where did you all leave off in the lesson again? umkay start reading from there and fill in the bubbles on the worksheet...Oh I need to hand them out still?"

lol This isn't school. Why even bother at this point.

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant

This isn't "school" anymore. I don't care what anybody says.

Anyone who isn't eighty years old knows that a substitute teacher day is pretty much a not-learning day. Our beloved students treat them lower than a snake's navel, first of all.

Second of all: "uh... where did you all leave off in the lesson again? umkay start reading from there and fill in the bubbles on the worksheet...Oh I need to hand them out still?"

lol This isn't school. Why even bother at this point.
Ah yes... substitute teachers. I remember those days. The thermometer in hell must have dipped awfully close to 32 degrees the one day that the normal teacher actually was praising the students for not giving the sub a hard time. These were fun times.