Pandora Papers: Secret wealth and dealings of world leaders exposed

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Just logged-out to check something, and logged back in. What happened to my other thread happened in this one as well. Off-line, my commentary is gone (replaced by blank spaces), but becomes visible after logging in. So here's a repost of the OP for any off-line lurkers:

Apparently this is some epic, breaking news "relevation" for the world.

[LINK]

Apologies if already posted elsewhere; 'Search' revealed nothing obvious.

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian

I'd watch this if you want analysis.
Thanks for this, get2choppaaa
I'm in for a short session tonight, so I'll have to watch this another time; it appears I'll need ~30 additional minutes, which I don't have this evening.

Have a good night, gentlemen; appreciate your contributions. :like:

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Just logged-out to check something, and logged back in. What happened to my other thread happened in this one as well. Off-line, my commentary is gone (replaced by blank spaces), but becomes visible after logging in. So here's a repost of the OP for any off-line lurkers:

Apparently this is some epic, breaking news "relevation" for the world.

[LINK]

Apologies if already posted elsewhere; 'Search' revealed nothing obvious.

It's a font color issue. Your typed text is the same color as the background. If someone highlights your post they can see the text as a shadow.

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
It's just the kind of thing to rile up lefties who on the one hand get their morals from corporations, but on the other are outraged that they do not pay their taxes properly...

Seems like something to distract attention from the things we genuinely ought to be outraged about

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member

Target is Putin and it's a deep state rag that doesn't discuss any of the US billionaires.
Targets are, unsurprisingly, good Conservative right-wing Christian leaders: Putin, the Czech leader, the Chilean president, the Ecuadorian prez, and as usual, the ex Argentine prez, Macri.

Leftist crooked Establishment is, unsurprisingly, neither mentioned nor investigated.

And yes, these right wing leaders have done nothing illegal, just some basic optimisation. Meanwhile, MSM-darling Soros is gloating and peacocking.

The left hates Tax Havens. They have tried for years to have them shut down or restricted, unsuccessfully mostly.

However, the new tactic is to embarass those who use tax havens. This has worked in the financial industry very well, as many large banks have wound up their operations in the Caymans for fear of bad reputation.

Now individuals are next. The aim is to make the use of tax havens so embarassing that it becomes unacceptable to use them. Will be interesting to see if this succeeds or not.

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian

Target is Putin and it's a deep state rag that doesn't discuss any of the US billionaires.
Yep
4:00-5:30

If it's in the MSM it's baloney.
Yep
19:30+
"And notice how this extraordinary leap from speculation, to apparent fact, is then used to justify the extraordinary exposure of facts about the private lives of these two individuals - making it seem as if the banal activity of buying a flat in Monte-Carlo in Monico is somehow something sinister, which means that one is entitled thereby to publish in the pages of the Guardian a young woman's Instagram photos... this is pure speculation and gossip; no information is given that would suggest that that is indeed the case... There isn't a scintilla of evidence..."

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
It's a font color issue. Your typed text is the same color as the background. If someone highlights your post they can see the text as a shadow.
I had actually mentioned this is my 'OP-correct' (Post 8), but then scratched that part because my explanation was convoluted (unlike your nice 'one line' concise summary). The bizarre part that I can't understand, though, is why the problem corrects itself after I log-in (text becomes readable white script on black background); the white-out affect (minus the blue Link) only occurs when logged-out. If I may trouble you, GuitarVH, how do you see (or not see) the OP (Post 1) when logged-in, vs logged-out.

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Protestant
Yep
4:00-5:30

Yep
19:30+
"And notice how this extraordinary leap from speculation, to apparent fact, is then used to justify the extraordinary exposure of facts about the private lives of these two individuals - making it seem as if the banal activity of buying a flat in Monte-Carlo in Monico is somehow something sinister, which means that one is entitled thereby to publish in the pages of the Guardian a young woman's Instagram photos... this is pure speculation and gossip; no information is given that would suggest that that is indeed the case... There isn't a scintilla of evidence..."
A. Mercouris is an exceptionally gifted speaker who backs this talent up with lots of background/historical knowledge and insightful analysis

I believe that he used to be a barrister in the UK of quite high stature. Not superfamous but of considerable fame. He was kicked out of his profession in 2012 after forging a legal document

I suspect that The Duran/ Alexander Mercouris / Alex Christoforou YT accounts will soon run their courses. They have already been banned by PayPal - personal accounts included

If interested I suggest you follow them on Locals where they are now building their own community, and where they upload all their videos+extra content as well.

Cross posting some material from locals. ICIJ stands for Investigative Consortium of International Journalist. ICIJ is based in Washington DC.

Just another smokescreen and it's not a coincidence that in comes together with that fake planted FB whistle-blower (Frances Haugen)
Screenshot_20211008_091020.jpg

Nineteen84

Ostrich
Orthodox
Gold Member
I had actually mentioned this is my 'OP-correct' (Post 8), but then scratched that part because my explanation was convoluted (unlike your nice 'one line' concise summary). The bizarre part that I can't understand, though, is why the problem corrects itself after I log-in (text becomes readable white script on black background); the white-out affect (minus the blue Link) only occurs when logged-out. If I may trouble you, GuitarVH, how do you see (or not see) the OP (Post 1) when logged-in, vs logged-out.

I have corrected the first post's formatting.

The reason the text was white on white is because the post had code overiding the font color. Something like:
\[SIZE=4\]\[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Apparently this is some epic, breaking news "relevation" for the world.\[\/COLOR\]\[\/SIZE\]

This overide prevents the system auto formatting the text color to match the theme.

You can see this code by clicking the '[ ]' icon when posting.

You can change 'dark mode style' back to the default using the link at the very bottom left of the page.

You can post these types of questions in the troubleshooting section.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
What happened to my other thread happened in this one as well.

old-man-my-computer.gif