Parler thread

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I'm not completely familiar with Voxday but I think his site is pretty mild. For Parler to block it shows their censorship is just one step behind Twitter. Should be the final sign for right minded people to avoid Parler.
The complaints about gab tend to amount to "I don't like Nazi frogs/we need 2010-13 level political correctness." Not surprised.

nathan

Robin
Andrew (((Torba)))

Is this true about Andrew Torba? I have heard it mentioned before but whenever I see him post statements referencing religion, he seems pretty Christian to me.

Also, I remember Cernovich saying to not trust Torba because he backstabbed somebody or something one time. Never got any more details on that. Anybody know anything about that? Torba seems solid to me.

paninaro

Pelican
Parler usage has more than doubled in the last week or so:

This is the way it should work. If Twitter or Facebook is blocking content, there's no need to pass new government regulations to restrict them. Instead, build a better product and people will flock to it.

nathan

Robin
Parler usage has more than doubled in the last week or so:

This is the way it should work. If Twitter or Facebook is blocking content, there's no need to pass new government regulations to restrict them. Instead, build a better product and people will flock to it.

I disagree. Antitrust is one of the few things government should actually be involved in. I don't like an oppressive government with too much power, but I also don't like oppressive corporations with too much power.

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member
datamining.JPG

dobbs.JPG

outrage.JPG

Last edited:

paninaro

Pelican
I disagree. Antitrust is one of the few things government should actually be involved in. I don't like an oppressive government with too much power, but I also don't like oppressive corporations with too much power.

If Twitter had so much power, then Parler wouldn't be seeing such amazing growth.

I think the few times the government needs to step in for antitrust is when there are few competitors out there, and a high barrier to entry. For example, in the cellphone space in the US, there are limited frequencies, so you really can only have a certain number of providers due to technical limitations. That's a huge barrier to entry. (Yes, I realized the Trump admin approved the T-Mobile/Sprint merger, but there are still 2 competitors out there.)

The great thing about internet services is the barrier to entry is relatively low. Computing services are available cheaply (cloud computing), so all it takes is a few good software developers to make a great service. $1 million and you can easily have a working product. Compare that to trying to compete with Boeing or GM -- you'd needs billions just to design your first product and build a factory to produce it.

Indeed we see competition all the time, and if the current popular service can't compete, they lose users who move to a new and better platform. See MySpace, Tumblr, Vine, and the list goes on.

What internet service is out there currently with so much power that antitrust regulators need to step in because it's impossible to compete? Not Facebook -- the younger crowd has moved on since it's not "cool". Not Google -- DuckDuckGo does a better job and protects your privacy too. Not Twitter -- Parler is gaining users in droves who are tired of Twitter's censorship.

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member
'Sundance' from The Conservative Treehouse, @TheLastRefuge2, has had a Twitter spat with Dan Bongino over Parler data-mining. Sundance had called out the Mercer's Parler data-mining, recalling the same way they had bought Breitbart to access user email addresses and poll data to help Ted Cruz.

It can be seen from the exchanges below that Bongino is frothing, but he refuses to give specific answers as to what is incorrect with Sundance's assertions. As a side note, Wordpress have de-platformed The Conservative Treehouse and given until December 2nd to find another host.

LR1.JPG
LR2.JPG

In steps Bongino....

Bongo1.JPG

The mention of the Mercers prompts another reply.

bongo2.JPG

bongo3.JPG

Bongo4.JPG

oRI48z5.jpg

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
2 sides to every coins people. Even a Conservative platform is profit based... And how are they suppose to turn a profit in a Liberal environment if their Product is Free?

Unless the owner's already a 9 figures Millionaire... Probability of Shady S**t taking place will be High!

From having witnessed firsthand the PUA Salesman's Era, I can feel the Conservative sphere might become earily similar, especially if they manage to boot Trump out. Be careful who you trust!

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
Is this true about Andrew Torba? I have heard it mentioned before but whenever I see him post statements referencing religion, he seems pretty Christian to me.

Also, I remember Cernovich saying to not trust Torba because he backstabbed somebody or something one time. Never got any more details on that. Anybody know anything about that? Torba seems solid to me.
Wouldn’t be the first kosher plant among the right

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Parler got hacked. Big time.

Source: "Parler got hacked via a zero-day exploit on... wait for it...Their app. Personal info of thousands released into the wild, including private messages."

ffb9696e01ec3ecf.png

"Aren't you glad Parler required your phone number to sign up?"

9adb902ca68e2983.png

1a85cf954e7dc278.png

"Bwahahahahahahahahah Parler is LITERALLY a modified wordpress install ahahahahahahahahahah That's not what WordPress is used for, you dingbats!"

f799cc2183cbe572.png