Parler thread

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member

AWS is Amazon Web Services. Amazon can kill Parler at any time they choose.

8d06f515b3fc9776.png

Last edited:

Nineteen84

Ostrich
So it seems you can't even view Parler posts or profiles without registering and giving away your number. Meanwhile Roosh is on course to break the 1/4 million mark on Gab. I think we can see which site is the clear winner here:

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 17.56.20.png

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
No wonder (((Parler))) has serious security & systemic vulnerabilities.

579e42a3a3859836.png

Meanwhile...I don't know what this is about, but it looks like GenFlynn wasn't happy about something.

730563caf7fd2aad.png

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Not surprised, but it's curious they were on AWS in the first place. I hope they have a back up plan.

Amazon Is Booting Parler Off Of Its Web Hosting Service​

Amazon on Saturday kicked Parler off its Web hosting services. Parler, a social network favored by conservative politicians and extremists, was used to help plan and coordinate the January 6 attempted coup on Washington D.C. It has recently been overrun with messages encouraging “Patriots” to march on Washington D.C. with weapons on January 19.

Amazon's suspension of Parler's account means that unless it can find another host, once the ban takes effect on Sunday Parler will go offline.

puckerman

Ostrich
I don't know why Parler didn't see this coming. Or, perhaps, they did see it coming.

They certainly should have been prepared for it.

And if you get that big, you should just have your own servers and your own place. You are crazy for depending on a hosting company.