Parler thread

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I really wonder if this is more a move on Twitter's part to get rid of competition?
Parler was annoying when it had only a few million users, but once they kicked off Trump and millions start to go to leave Twitter then it could be a big problem and even affect the stock price. Right now Twiter is off about 10% so overnight it has lost about 5 billion.

Roosh

Cardinal
Parler was not run well..
Soon others found that Parler's phone and email verification were no longer working, and that it was possible to create accounts in Parler's system, as admin users. A Reddit post explained this in more detail — essentially, the Forgot password link would normally require verification. But because Parler's communications tools were not working, researchers were able to override this and log into accounts. And once they were able to log into accounts with administrator access, they were able to create new accounts, also with administrator access. These accounts were then used to take data dumps from Parler through crowdsourcing here, creating a 'Parler tracker'.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
EreHGpzXUAQ-v7X

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Parler was not run well..

Do you think the deep state would have allowed a "hacker" to download all the content on twitter - including all the DMs between connected people and analyze them? And why no worry that this Parler data might contain sensitive government data from some Republican congressmen who were on it? The only people about to get doxxed are normie proles.

The supposed hacker looks like she was cast straight out of "the girl with the dragon tattoo".

Do you know where they are storing this supposed hack? On Amazon's S3 cloud storage. Get that: Amazon took down all these normie proles ability to communicate - but will host the data for antifa comb through.

@Roosh Every You should scrub all posts older than 6 months on a regular basis. The only use for old posts would be for communist researchers looking for evidence for show trials.

Jünger

Ostrich
Dan Bongino was on Buck Sexton talking about Parler. Gab was not named, but it was stressed that they are next in line to fall- followed by websites.

puckerman

Ostrich
I am surprised that Amazon was able to terminate their services so quickly. I figured that something would be in the contract that would have required a lot more notice.

It also makes anyone else wonder about putting their critical infrastructure on AWS.

It's become a fad for companies to outsource their stuff to "the cloud" now. This shows why that's a big mistake.

I am surprised that Amazon was able to terminate their services so quickly. I figured that something would be in the contract that would have required a lot more notice.

It also makes anyone else wonder about putting their critical infrastructure on AWS.

It's become a fad for companies to outsource their stuff to "the cloud" now. This shows why that's a big mistake.

A cloud is basically putting your software in other people's computer. Very moronic even in the first place.

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Do you think the deep state would have allowed a "hacker" to download all the content on twitter - including all the DMs between connected people and analyze them? And why no worry that this Parler data might contain sensitive government data from some Republican congressmen who were on it? The only people about to get doxxed are normie proles.

The supposed hacker looks like she was cast straight out of "the girl with the dragon tattoo".

Do you know where they are storing this supposed hack? On Amazon's S3 cloud storage. Get that: Amazon took down all these normie proles ability to communicate - but will host the data for antifa comb through.

@Roosh Every You should scrub all posts older than 6 months on a regular basis. The only use for old posts would be for communist researchers looking for evidence for show trials.
According to Edward Snowden, the US security agencies already have this ability. In one scene they were showing social media posts that might be a threat against the President, and had to ability to elevate the post for more review.

Roosh

Cardinal
Social media platform Parler, which has gone dark after being cut off by major service providers that accused the app of failing to police violent content, may never get back online, said its CEO John Matze.

As a procession of business vendors severed ties with the two-year-old site following the storming of the U.S. Capitol last week, Matze said in an interview with Reuters on Wednesday that he does not know when or if it will return.

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
A cloud is basically putting your software in other people's computer. Very moronic even in the first place.
That is what I have always thought. The logic seems to be that sure, if the cloud provider goes off line for some reason you are screwed, or if a Winnebago blows up near another AT&T central office, but then a bunch of other companies are, so that makes it OK. Mutually assured destruction I suppose. And not as fast as a server on-site either--tried Azure once and that was my experience at least.

Probably some of it is based on bad economics anyway. Used to in IT they would calculate how expensive it is to have a PC for a user, and they would calculate how expensive it was to have so may gigs of storage space. The problem was, it is was not incremental cost, but the number of users divided by all their costs for desktop support and hardware, or gigs of storage divided by all the cost they could associate with it. But a lot of costs are fixed, not really variable, at least until a plateau is reached. This happens sometimes in "make vs buy" analysis in companies--they believe in the mythical overhead fairy that takes away unallocated overhead when subbing things out. And companies can end up paying more in total than they were before when chasing trendy "savings." Maybe cloud makes sense in some cases, but I think it is a risky game at best.

Anyway, for companies to the right of Jane Fonda that need cloud services--is there anything overseas?