Pence-Harris Debate - October 7, 2020

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I'm looking forward to getting a good look at Pence. I don't remember the 2016 VP debate. Pence is a good guy, but he's very quiet and mild mannered compared with Trump, so he doesn't stand out as much.

However, he had a talk radio show in Indiana for about 12 years before finally was elected to Congress. I would expect him to have a lot of experience hitting his talking points and knocking down counter arguments from that time. He will still have a long time to stand in Trump's shadow, but I would expect him to gradually start raising his own profile for a 2024 presidential run.

I expect to be yelling at the TV when Heels Up Harris is speaking. What a piece of trash. :mad:

DanielH

Woodpecker
I'm looking to see if Pence has been motivated to be more aggressive than he naturally is. I would be, after four years of working for Trump and being loyal to him. It wouldn't be a good look if that Judaeo-Hindu-Baptist-Jamaican-Indian-"American" chick walked over him like Trump did to Biden. I would be downright concerned if Pence doesn't act at least a little bit angry.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I'm looking to see if Pence has been motivated to be more aggressive than he naturally is. I would be, after four years of working for Trump and being loyal to him. It wouldn't be a good look if that Judaeo-Hindu-Baptist-Jamaican-Indian-"American" chick walked over him like Trump did to Biden. I would be downright concerned if Pence doesn't act at least a little bit angry.
Good point. If Harris makes me want to yell at the TV, she ought to make Pence angry in person. He may feel he has to maintain his dignity, but at a certain point, reacting in righteous anger to someone trying to destroy your country is expected and required.

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Kamala Harris is a witch but for her age she is good to look at. Her only redeeming quality is she isn't ugly as sin so watching her squak for 90 minutes won't be as bad as it could be. I'll just make sure to mute and have captions on when she is speaking.

Pence made quick work of Tim Kaine last election making Kaine look like a weird and forgettable person by the end of it. Kamala isn't as witty or sharp as she truly think she is and polished Pence will make quick work of her as well. Only caveat is if the Moderator and Kamala gang up on Pence making him have to defend Trump's record (and of course his behaviour).

Nemausus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Seeing that he is stuck at home and bored, I wonder if Trump will fire off some funny tweets during tonight's debate.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
All that Pence needs to do is to let her talk, reply politely but firmly, and let her hang herself with all of her bile and self-contradictory hatred. He has no personal scandals to be pressured with, and attacking him through Trump's record is going to sound hollow and petty. She just needs to be allowed to destroy herself.

dicknixon72

Pelican
The worst, hardest question is out of the way first at least.

You're going to see a reversal of the last debate, I can tell already - Harris is going to interrupt Pence and do it snidely and rudely with her hand and her mouth. Pence will be calm and deflect masterfully with measured tones.