rainy

Kingfisher
AZFL wants to get listed on the OTCQX by 2022 so if you buy back in I’d hold some shares long term.

I don’t think anyone knows the ceiling on MJ stocks with legalization.

rainy

Kingfisher
Nice DD package on PHIL which is the OTC stock I'm most confident in.

Don't undersell the dividend likely paid out in July which alone will more than cover the upfront investment. I might sell half those shares and ride long term on the rest as free shares. The special stock dividend is 1 share per 20 PHIL shares owned. So if you have 500K PHIL shares you'll receive 25K APR shares, rumored to be listed on the NASDAQ at over a dollar. I have never seen an OTC stock with a dividend which would be listed at dollars and covers initial investment 10X over.

I may be wrong and I'll eat crow if PHIL doesn't work out but I'm adding more each week until filings are complete and holding at least 75% for 3-5 years as I think it will be worth $3-5 at that point and maybe 2X that, in which case I retire.

If you're flipping this will run short term as it's one of the most shorted stocks on the OTC.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Also took positions on Denison Mines (dnn) and Impact Silver (isvlf) while everything was red Friday.
I've come close to buying some ISVLF in recent days. I was put off a little when I tried to subscribe to their email updates from their webpage, but the confirmation email they sent me didn't work. Also, their stock price is suspiciously low ($.56US), so I think there's something going on with this company that I need to put my finger on. As an example, Alexco Resource (AXU) stock, which is restarting some used silver mines in the Yukon, has a stock price that is five times higher than Impact's yet their silver production will not be that different, if I understand both company's claims correctly.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Alexco Resource- AXU 29 Mar 21

Outstanding Shares: 142m (150m according to Company’s website)

Employees: 130

Market cap: 366m

Cash on hand: 18.64m (and equivalents)

Operations:

Keno Hill, Yukon is sole focus of company and includes four underground mines: Bermingham, Flame & Moth, Bellekeno and Lucky Queen, but only two mines will be in operation at any one time. Bermingham and F&M are estimated to produce 90% of site’s marketable ore. Estimated annual production from all four, utilizing an on-site processing mill, is 4m oz of silver, plus smaller amounts of lead, zinc, and gold as by-products. Production began in Q4 2020, although no ore or metals were sold that year, with an expected duration of eight years. Total haul expected from the mines is 27m oz silver, 65m lbs lead, 67m lbs zinc, and 4,700 oz gold. One undeveloped property, Onek, is on site but not currently scheduled for mining operations.

Notes:

Company expects to fully recoup pre-production costs at two years from start of production, or Q4 2022. Company expects a $130m after-tax, net profit over life of the project. Canadian government pays Company $2m year for environmental cleanup (reclamation) of legacy mines at Keno Hill, but in 2019-20 the Company spent a few hundred thousand more than that on reclamation efforts. Owns a prospecting claim in Yukon called McQueston that it may sell to Banyan Gold Corp, another Yukon mining company of whom Alexco owns shares.

In 2008, Wheaton Precious Metals made a futures purchase contract with Alexco which is still in force. In the contract, Wheaton paid Alexco cash up front to fund their activities for silver returned in exchange or sold for below-market prices. If Alexco cannot ultimately repay Wheaton in silver, it will have to repay the debt in cash of which about $8-13m remains. This means that not all the silver produced by Alexco can generate revenue for the Company, as some of the yet-to-be-produced silver belongs to Wheaton. The arrangement is complex, but if I understand it correctly, Alexco owed Wheaton about 8m oz of silver or cash equivalent at a discounted price-per-oz value. That appears to be a significant debt, but Alexco has apparently paid some of it off with prior year’s (2008-13) production plus some stock warrants. This is an example of how mining companies are often more highly leveraged than they first appear, because of the high costs of prospecting, exploration, mining, maintenance, and production.

When the Company produced 2m oz silver from Bellekeno Mine in 2011, their stock price reached $8-9, but had fewer outstanding shares. Nevertheless, if Company meets its expected production goals and price of silver remains steady, I believe share price could match or exceed that value in 2-3 years.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Of the small mining companies I've examined so far, this one appears to have the most potential. I'm not sure how they did it, but they were able to get a fairly large mine opened without incurring much debt. Their decision to abandon Mexico a few years ago (and change their name from Maya to Aya) and focus on Western Africa, so far, appears to have been a good one. The company had a huge shakeup a year or so ago, replacing their management team and board of directors. Instead of causing chaos, it appears to have them going in the right direction. The stock isn't cheap for a small mining company, but the market, as usual, seems to recognize better potential and sets the share price accordingly.

Aya Gold & Silver- MYAGF $3.73, 30 Mar 2021

Outstanding Shares: 94.55m (92m according to March 2021 corporate presentation)

Employees: 194

Market cap: 354.55m

Cash: 42m (Canadian $- March 2021 corporate presentation); zero debt

Operations:

1. Zgounder Silver Mine, Morocco- 85% owned by Aya, with remainder by Moroccan government. Aya has 100% buyback option once 8m oz produced. Preliminary production began in January 2019 and 697k oz were produced in 2020. In May 2020, full-scale ramp-up of production began and 1.2m oz production is expected for 2021 with 4m oz each following year. Mine is believed to contain 44.4m oz total with additional exploration ongoing. Decision on expansion of the mine expected Q4 2021.

2. Imiter-bis, Morocco- Exploration claim from 2011-12 that Aya may explore further for silver.

3. Boumadine, Morocco- Previously mined area that Aya is currently exploring for gold. 85% owned.

4. Azmizmiz, Morocco- Prospecting area that Aya is exploring for gold.

5. Azegour, Morocco- Exploration area by Aya for gold, copper, molybdenum, tungsten, and uranium. 100% owned.

6. Tijirit Project, Mauritania- Aya acquired 75% ownership of this gold mining project in Q1 2021 via acquisition of Algold Resources Ltd. Aya will spend $6m conducting a feasibility study of Tijirit in 2021 with a production decision expected in January 2022 and possible start of mining production by November 2022.

Notes:

Aya pays 2.5-3% royalties to Moroccan government or government-owned mining company (Société d’Exploration Géologique des Métaux) on all properties.

This company appears to be in a very good position for several reasons: (1) a functioning mine that seems to be well-stocked with ore, (2) several good prospects in the same general area as well as in nearby Mauritania, (3) no significant debt, (4) less than 100m outstanding shares, and (5) early access into Western African which appears to be a developing area for mining, giving them a competitive advantage. The biggest potential threat seems to be the market price for gold and silver, as with most precious metals mining companies could pull the rug out from under them if the market price greatly declines. Also, Mauritania may not be as politically stable as Morocco. Nevertheless, if this company’s projections are accurate, it’s possible they could have 2-3 functioning silver and gold mines in operation within three years. If that occurs, and the price for gold and silver is still high, I believe their stock price could climb to $15 or higher.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Another one-trick pony pharmaceutical/biotech penny stock. As shaky as this Canadian company's future currently is, I think their stock is a little overpriced. Of course, I could be completely wrong and they'll make a mint helping millions of people lick their chronic coughing and itching. We'll see...

Bellus Health- BLU $3.84, 31 Mar 21

Outstanding Shares: 78.34m

Employees: 32

Market cap: 298.47m

Cash on hand: 48.89m (cash and equivalents)

Products: Only one- BLU-5937, a P2X3 antagonist for hypersensitivity disorders

1. Chronic cough- Phase 2 trial completed in July 2020 and found that the drug was ineffective except for patients with a high cough count (25 coughs+ per hour). Phase 2B trial is being conducted for high-frequency cough patients with interim results expected in Q2 or Q3 2021 and final results in Q4 2021.

2. Chronic Pruritus (itch)- Phase 2 with results expected Q4 2021.

Notes:

According to Bellus, there are few effective treatments for chronic cough, itch and other hypersensitivity disorders, so there is high market demand (9m+ patients in the US) should their product be successful. Competitor products are concurrently being developed by Merck (MK-7264), Bayer (BAY 1817080), and Shionogi (S-600918) but Bellus claims their drug has better results so far or fewer side effects, notably in taste sensation.

Because of their announcement in July 2020 of mixed results in their initial Phase II trial, their stock value plummeted from $12 to close to $2. Although it has since recovered to about $4, in the past week investors have initiated a class-action lawsuit against the company, claiming Bellus made fraudulent claims about the future efficacy of BLU-5937 in 2019, which artificially inflated its stock price. Interestingly, the announcement of the class-action lawsuit has so far not affected the stock price, which has remained more-or-less steady.

The price of this stock seems to be as high as it is because if Bellus gets this drug to market, they will have a competitive advantage and there is high demand for a drug for this ailment. The Q4 2021 results for their two trials may make or break this company.

Last edited:

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
AIM Immunotech 24 Mar 21

Outstanding Shares: 40.69M (Mar 2021 presentation says 47.8M)

Employees: 26

Market cap: 98.87M

Cash on hand: 39.6M

Two drugs in production and/or further development:

1. Ampligen (rintatolimod)

a. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)- approved in Argentina (pending FDA export approval); Phase 3 in US; including COVID-19 survivors who contract the condition from their illness

b. Ovarian, colorectal, Carcinoma, breast, melanoma cancers- Phase 2

c. Pancreatic cancer- Phase 1, including Netherlands; orphan drug designation in Europe and US

d. Bladder cancer- pre-clinical

e. Intranasal prophylaxis- Phase 1

f. Cancer patients who contract COVID-19- Phase 1/2a

2. Alferon N Injection

a. Genital HPV (warts)- approved in US and Argentina (pending FDA manufacturing approval). According to the company this is the only approved drug worldwide for this affliction. But hasn't the HPV immunization made this moot?

b. IFN- approved in Argentina

c. External condylomata acuminata- approved in US but pending re-approval from FDA?

d. MERS- pre-clinical

e. Influenza A- pre-clinical

Notes:

All current revenue from clinical trial subsidies. Their manufacturing facility only producing the two drugs above for use in clinical trials. Having their own in-house manufacturing facility, rather than contractors, may increase their expenses. States in their March 2021 presentation that they are holding-back on upgrading production for commercial sales of Alferon because of belief that Ampligen holds more promise. On webpage basically begging for large partners to help them with commercial expansion. The Wikipedia entry for rintatolimod states that the company has tried, unsuccessfully, since 1988 to get the FDA to approve the drug (Ampligen) for various uses and has been hampered by a lack of sufficient clinical trials, for unknown reasons. CFS patients have lobbied FDA for its approval.

Possible that Ampligen might become the default drug for CFS after FDA approval w/ ~2m potential patients in US. Still, be careful not to sink too much money into this stock. Why has it taken them so long (30 years) to get Ampligen approved for anything? And why the focus on Argentina?
I've looked at some stock discussion boards since I posted this about AIM Immunotech, and found that with long-time penny stock investors this company is nicknamed "Scampligen." Apparently, every few years this company makes a big announcement of how Ampligen shows promise to resolve the current Big Disease, whether it be Ebola, SARS, chronic fatigue syndrome, and now COVID-19. Somehow, however, sufficient clinical trials never get completed and that's why this drug has never been approved for anything even though it has been around for 40 years.

I noticed the same thing when I was looking at the company's history. The company implies that it never completed enough clinical trials because it ran out of money or wasn't able to find enough partners to get them through the final stretch. In their recently released financial statement, they mention that the patent expired on Ampligen 20 years ago, but they aren't worried about competition from generic versions (rintatolimod) of this drug by other companies. I suspect I know why. No other companies want to produce rintatolimod because it isn't sufficiently effective at treating anything to make it worthwhile. In spite of making so little progress on getting this drug to market, the recent financial statement showed that their management team is paid very well. The CEO was paid $500k in salary last year, plus a $600k bonus, if I read it correctly.

I've already bought a few shares of this company, and I'll probably hold them for a year or so to see if this company actually completes the Phase 3 trial for chronic fatigue syndrome. If they keep putting off announcing the results from the trial, or dump another few million shares into the market to obtain more financing, then I'm unloading the stock.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I thought, initially, that this company had market-leader potential in the area of distance learning, especially right now with the ongoing scamdemic. Unfortunately, however, after looking closer into their product offering I'm not seeing anything particularly innovative or distinctive. Their revenue did increase in 2020 over 2019. So, perhaps they can keep that going a few more years and then get bought out by a bigger competitor.

Boxlight- BOXL $2.58, 1 Apr 21

Outstanding Shares: 56.7m (2020 annual report)

Employees: 189

Market cap: 131.46m

Cash on hand: 13.46m (cash and equivalents)

Products:

Interactive LED flat panels, projectors, whiteboards, and peripherals, plus conferencing, classroom, science education, and professional development software and content. The company provides installation, training, consulting, and maintenance for its products. About 75% of the company’s customers are educational institutions, and 40% of its sales are in the US. The company sells its products through “resellers” rather than direct. Its suite of educational products is trademarked as “Connected Classroom.” Its front-of-class displays are branded as “Mimio” and “Clevertouch.” Its backend software and systems are cloud-based.

The company has aggressively acquired other companies and their product patents in order to more quickly expand its product line. These companies include EOS in 2018, Modern Robotics in 2019, and MyStemKits and Sahara Presentation Systems in 2020. The company uses Samsung for its flat panels and projectors.

They have scored sales with some fairly large customers, including school districts in San Diego, Dallas, New York City, Baltimore, and Atlanta.

Notes:

The company has 26m in debt to third parties.

I’m not sure that Boxlight would qualify as a “market leader” because the interactive education industry is highly competitive, with similar products and services also marketed by Smart Technologies, Promethean, ViewSonic, Dell, Samsung, Panasonic, and ClearTouch. Boxlight’s marketing strategy appears to be to keep their costs low so that they can offer a competitively-priced, yet high quality product. But, what company isn’t trying to do this? I don’t see anything in their product suite that isn’t something you could buy somewhere or from someone else. They don’t mention in their literature any new technological innovation that they have in development. I searched around, but couldn’t find any independent reviews of their products.

It seems that their best bet is to do well-enough to become a target of acquisition by a larger competitor. Nevertheless, since they don’t appear to have a significant competitive advantage, I’m not sure how their stock price can move much above the $5-8 range based on their current potential. The stock is currently priced fairly cheaply, however, so it may be worth buying a few shares and waiting for next year’s annual report to see how they did with their 2021 sales.

rainy

Kingfisher
RGBP is my next play. Very similar to ENCZ but with CBD treating arthritis and autoimmunities.

8-K filing

rainy

Kingfisher
TGGI also a good play. Goal is nasdaq. Research it. :like:

ExdjPVdVcAAUGHB

From their ceremony.

ExhBMRGXMAEj_Fu

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
In addition to investing in precious metals and rare earths mining, I've also tried to diversify in some base metals mining companies, including copper and zinc. I believe this company is worth a look as a solid, smaller copper mining company. Their biggest negative is, as I mention at the end, their large number of outstanding shares. This past Friday evening, I emailed their board of directors and asked if they would consider a stock consolidation. To my pleasant surprise, they emailed me back within 24-hours and said that they're currently focused on financing their new mine in Chile, and that they might consider a stock consolidation after that, which would be 4-5 years from now. This company's share price stayed fairly steady during the small stock sell-offs last week.

Capstone Mining- CSFFF $3.30, 2 Apr 2021

Outstanding Shares: 409.23m

Employees: 1,075 employees and 389 contractors

Market cap: 1.36b

Cash: 60m (and equivalents)

Operations:

1. Pinto Valley Mine, AZ- Open pit copper mine; 100% owned

a. Produced 119m lbs copper in 2020; primarily sold to customers in Japan and Korea

b. Current timeline extends to 2026

2. Cozamin Mine, Zacatecas, Mexico- Underground copper/silver mine; 100% owned

a. Produced 38m lbs copper, 15m lbs zinc, and 1,204 oz silver in 2020; primarily sold to Mexican industry;

b. Current timeline for operations at this mine extends to 2031

c. Capstone is exploring future expansion of this mine as well as increasing current processing output

d. Capstone signed a silver stream agreement with Wheaton, effective December 1, 2020. Wheaton paid an upfront cash consideration of $150 million for 50% of Cozamin Mine’s silver production until 10 million ounces are delivered, then decreasing to 33% of silver production for the remaining life of mine.

3. Santa Domingo, Chile- 70% owned copper/iron/gold development project in northern Chile in partnership with Korea Resources Corporation (KORES); currently in feasibility study/evaluation

a. Proposed two open pits with an 18-year production timeline

b. Feasibility report conclusion expected by Q4 2022; if decision to proceed is made, mine could be in full production by 2025; estimated 259m lbs of copper and 3.3m tons iron per year

c. Has agreement to purchase KORES’ 30% ownership interest for $120m over 4 years

d. March 2021 entered $290m financing agreement with Wheaton over mine’s potential gold production

Notes:

12.4m net income in 2020 compared with 16.2m loss in 2019. Long-term debt declined 210m-185m from 2019 to 2020. Company predicts production of 175-190m lbs of copper for 2021.

Biggest negative for this company is the high number of outstanding shares. Unfortunately, they may be unwilling or unable to affect a stock consolidation until they make more progress on reducing their long-term debt. I believe with current production from their two functioning mines, their share price could rise to $5-8 a share over next 2-3 years. Once Santa Domingo comes online in a about 4 years, share price could rise to $10+. A subsequent stock consolidation could feasibly increase their share value into the $15-20 range, assuming metal market prices stay stable.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I'm starting to see a pattern, maybe, with these smaller pharmaceutical companies. Seems like they try to bring one drug to the market, squeeze it for all it's worth, while paying themselves high salaries, then cashing out. This company at first glance appears to be in a good position, but as I note at the end, when you dig into them it may be that they've currently reached the limit of their market share. I doubt that they will win their two lawsuits. They are making some money, so the stock price will probably stay steady. If they go through with their announced stock consolidation, that will help their share price. But, unless they can break into the Canadian or Japanese markets, I'm not sure if they can progress much farther in terms of profitability. Who knows, maybe they'll pay a dividend? After they pay themselves generously first, of course.

Catalyst Pharm- CPRX $4.73, 5 Apr 21

Outstanding Shares: 103.83m

Employees: 74

Market cap: 468.25m

Cash on hand: 130.24m (cash and equivalents); low debt

Products: Only one- Firdapse- Commercial form of generic drug Amifampridine which is used to treat rare neuromuscular disorders; primarily Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS), but also myasthenia gravis (MG) and congenital myathenia. There are about 5-10k people in the US with myasthenic conditions. Catalyst is licensed to market and sell the drug for use in the US and is allowed to patent their form of the drug and hold exclusive rights to it under the orphan drug and breakthrough therapy programs. Their patent expires 2034 and the orphan status give Catalyst 7 years of exclusive rights (over generic Amifampridine) starting from November 2018. Currently approved to treat LEMS. The phase 3 trial for MG, completed in 2020, was not successful. The phase 2 trial for spinal muscular atrophy (SMA, type 3), completed in 2020, was also not successful. Proposals to test Firdapse for treatment of Downbeat Nystagmus, Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsies (HNPP), and Kennedy’s Disease are under consideration. Catalyst is attempting to gain approval to market and distribute Firdapse in Canada and Japan.

Notes:

In 2019, perhaps for political reasons, the FDA undercut Catalyst’s market for Firdapse by restricting its use to adults, then approving a different form called Ruzurgi, owned by Jacobus Pharmaceuticals, for use with adolescents. Jacobus provides their drug for a nominal charge, so some doctors prescribe Ruzurgi to adults to avoid Catalyst’s high price for Firdapse. Catalyst’s high price point for Firdapse has been publicly questioned by politicians, including by Bernie Sanders in 2019. These events cut Catalyst’s stock price from $6 to 3 in summer of 2019, but it has gone up recently because of positive 2020 financials. Catalyst sued the FDA over the Ruzurgi issue, saying that its orphan drug status precludes the FDA from doing what it did. The district court ruled for the FDA in Sept, 2020 and Catalyst has appealed to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. No hearing date has been set.

Catalyst has also sued Jacobus for patent infringement. This lawsuit is still in discovery stage.

Net income increased 32m to 75m 2019-2020. Company announced $40m stock buyback program on 22 Mar 21 which is ongoing and could reduce total outstanding shares by around 8m. According to Catalyst’s website, they would like to develop and eventually market other drugs, but at this time don’t appear to have any on the drawing board. Unless they win their lawsuits against the FDA and Jacobus, it appears that Firdapse is currently at the limit of its market share. If the company can open Canada and Japan for distribution, that would probably give them a notable increase in revenue, assuming another company doesn’t beat them to those markets with a different version of Amiframridine. Perhaps this is why they are beginning the stock buyback program, as it may be one of the only realistic ways to greatly increase their stock price over the next year or so.

rainy

Kingfisher
@rainy @bioengineer

Interesting... PHIL & UBQU seem to be mirroring each other’s charts. Clinging just on to the moving average and looks like a great spot for the entry today or tmr.

So... I did the math... it’s about $400 for 500k shares. Is your game plan to just hold it up to a penny like the previous high then bounce out?
Sorry, just saw this.

I think PHIL could be massive with the Vietnam infrastructure investments and the LUX fund. $3-5+ in a few years so I’m holding long. In the last CC Henry stated they want to do in Vietnam similar to Dubai. And Phil has bought lots of land for that project.

UBQU I have to wait and see. CEO promised big things in 2019 and then went silent. Recent filings in the UK suggest domestic filings will come. But need to see the financials to see how big they’ve become. I’m also unsure of the ceiling in the CBD/MJ industry but this stock could go to .25-.50 if they’ve continued growing here and in Europe. I don’t rank UBQU as as sure of a bet as PHIL, AZFL, TGGI and FTEG. But the price is worth the risk for me.

INCT I entered and it’s building momentum at .003. I think it goes pennies by summer. Good DD on it.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This biotech company has some definite potential, but I think a big warning flag is that they're trying to conceal on their website that their only drug to enter a Phase 3 trial so far was a bust. As I explain below, to read about the failed trial, you either have to dig into their 2020 annual report or carefully read their press releases. Otherwise, their website says nothing about it. Their most promising drug, GEN-1, is in Phase 2, so it could be up to six more years before it's ready for market. Its preliminary results in a phase 1b/2a trial were promising. But, they're burning through a lot of money to get it done.

Celsion- CLSN $1.48, 6 Apr 21

Outstanding Shares: 75.01m (announced sale of 11.5m additional shares on/around 5 Apr 21)

Employees: 27

Market cap: 105.77m

Cash: 19m (and equivalents) as of 31 Dec 20; has since raised an additional 44m by selling more stock

Products:

1. ThermoDox- a proprietary heat-activated liposomal encapsulation of doxorubicin (chemotherapy); FDA-designated orphan drug

a. Drug failed its Phase 3 trial for treatment of liver cancer; announced Feb 2021

b. Beginning Phase 1 trials for treatment of bladder, breast, and pancreatic cancers

2. GEN-1- a DNA-based immunotherapy for the localized treatment of cancer; from the company’s Theraplas technology platform which is a delivery system for mRNA and other DNA plasmids; FDA-designated orphan drug

a. Currently in Phase 2 trials for ovarian cancer with fast track designation from FDA. Milestone results for progression free survival (pfs) expected Q1 2023 and overall survival (OS) in 3Q 2024; Phase 3 trial will presumably follow. 200k cases of ovarian cancer in US

b. Beginning Phase 1 trial for brain cancer (glioblastoma)

3. Placcine DNA- DNA-based vaccine for SARS and coronaviruses; patent application submitted January 2021

Notes:

Celsion’s website presents ThermoDox as currently in Phase 3 trial, not having failed it. I didn’t know until I found it buried in their 2020 annual report and mentioned in passing in a Feb 21 press release. Perhaps that is why the company decided to sell shares in Apr 2021, because they know it will be several more years (perhaps 5-6 years!) before GEN-1 is ready for market. The company’s other potential drug products are likely at least 10 years from market, although Placcine could be expedited under the FDA’s COVID-19 accelerated program. As of Dec 2020, $6.8 million liabilities. Spending about 18-20m annually on operations.

Unlike many other small biotech/pharm companies, this company appears to have a proprietary base technology, like Atyr, which they say will give them a continuous pipeline of promising drug candidates. Company believes current cash reserves will fund their ongoing research and testing through at least 2023. Orphan drug status will give Celsion a competitive advantage (7 years) if they successfully bring ThermoDox or Gen-1 to market.

At their current burn rate of 18-20m a year on operating expenses, they will likely have to issue more stock to cover their expenses. A current share price of about $1-1.50 is about right. If GEN-1 is successful, their share price may get to double-digits by 2026 when GEN-1 finally hits the market.

Last edited:

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This company hasn't released their 2020 annual report yet, so it didn't take me long to write up. I need to read that report, but my initial impression is that this company's share price is surprisingly low. They only have 10 employees yet have four biotech products firmly established in the pipeline towards marketability, with one ready to go on sale as early as next year? It could be that their competition is a bigger threat than they're admitting. Otherwise, looks like a worthwhile stock to watch.

Citius Pharm- CTXR $1.77, 7 Apr 21

Outstanding Shares: 134.4m

Employees: 10

Market cap: 245.96m

Cash/debt: 4.2m (and equivalents) as of 31 Dec 20; raised addition 70+m in Feb 21 through stock sale; 1.02m debt

Products:

1. Mino-Lok- antibiotic lock solution used to treat patients with catheter-related bloodstream infections; Phase 3 trial, interim (65%) “superiority” review scheduled for Q2 2021; composition of matter patent expires June 2024 and formulation patent expires 2036

2. Halo-Lido- combines high-potency steroid halobetasol with lidocaine to treat hemorrhoids; would be the first prescription hemorrhoid treatment in the US; scheduled to begin Phase 2b trial Q3 2021

3. Mino-Wrap- a bio-absorbable, antimicrobial semi-solid film that is wrapped around a tissue expander and placed in the surgical pocket following a mastectomy to prevent post-surgical infections; currently in pre-clinical testing; may begin Phase 2 trial in Q4 2021

4. I-MSC (CITI-401)- mRNA gene programming and editing procedure to create mutation-free, characterized iPSCs (induced mesenchymal stem cells) for treating acute inflammatory respiratory conditions including acute respiratory distress syndrome; partnership with Novellus Therapeutics; pre-clinical with Phase 1 trial scheduled to begin Q2 2022

Notes:

Appears to be a market leader in all four products. Company has not released complete 2020 annual report, so will add further analysis/observations once that report is available.

My initial impression of this stock is that it is very undervalued for its potential. It has a new medtech almost ready for release and its stock is selling for less than $2? The only negative I can find so far is that hospitals may not be willing to use Mino-Lok, because removing and cleaning a catheter is a viable option rather than disinfecting it in place, as Mino-Lok does. Also, 134m outstanding shares is a little high for a company this size, but not overly so.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This small mining company is attractive because it affected a stock consolidation last year and has less than 60m outstanding shares, which is excellent for a mining company. However, their first mine is at least 3 years from start of production and eight years from net profitability, as I explain below. It's currently going for slightly less than a dollar. Based on what I've seen, once it announces a production decision, its stock will rise to around $2 and then to $3-4 when it starts receiving some revenue from ore sales. Once it achieves after-tax profitability, it might get up into the $5-10 range, depending on the price of copper and if it starts developing some of its other prospects. Although it's a fairly solid lead, I'm not totally sure that there wouldn't be better places to put money during the 8 years or so it will take this stock to reach its max potential. I guess the same thing could be said for most small mining stocks that are still in their exploratory phase and aren't attractive candidates for acquisition.

Cordoba Minerals- CDBMF $.99, 8 Apr 2021

Outstanding Shares: 56.9m

Employees: ?

Market cap: 55.07m

Cash: 5.5m (31 Dec 2020); 1m debt

Operations:

1. San Matias, Colombia- 100% owned (except for a ~2% royalty agreement) copper/gold/silver mineral area of about 147 sq km; Cordoba plans an open pit mine at the Alacran Deposit and is currently applying for mining permits from the government; once mine is up and running will explore adjacent areas (Montiel East, Montiel West, Costa Azul); 23 year mining lifespan anticipated for Alacran; Cordoba believes that Alacran contains up to 417,300 tons of copper, 724,500 ounces of gold, and 5,930,000 ounces of silver with 15k-20k tons of copper produced annually; estimated $527.5m in operating expenses over life of Alacran mine; 5-year payback; start date of mining operations on or around Q1 2024; onsite processing of ore

2. Perseverance, AZ- Joint venture with Bell Copper Corp to explore and develop copper project; Cordoba currently owns 25% interest but can obtain up to 80% interest depending on how much funding it provides to the project, up to $10m by 2026; exploration suspended in March 2020 and has not yet resumed

Notes:

27.7m in operating expenses for 2020, but may have been higher than usual because of outlays ($18m) to obtain 100% ownership in Alacran. Two private companies, High Power Exploration and I-Pulse, own controlling percentages of Cordoba’s outstanding shares (58%). Local criminal activity (claim jumping and pirate mining) as well as protests and blockades related to Cordoba’s mining activities have occurred at the San Matias area within the past year and may continue, but the Colombian government and police forces have interceded as recently as March 21 to help maintain law and order.

One of the primary attractions of this company is its low number of outstanding stock. However, with only $5.5m in cash and its main mining prospect still at least three years away from producing any revenue, they likely will have to sell more shares if they can’t get sufficient financing from other sources. Could be eight years at least before company sees a net profit.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I think the following small companies are worth watching, but I believe their shares are overpriced at the moment, judging by their recent cost history. I put in my stock dashboard to alert me if they drop by about a dollar or so. With the exception of Silver Corp, they each have a relatively low number of outstanding shares.

- Auris- EARS
- Genprex- GNPX
- Liquid Media- YVR
- Allied Esports- AESE
- Reed's- REED
- Ferroglobe- GSM
- GT Biopharma- GTBP
- CTI Biopharma- CTIC
- Seelos Therapeutics- SEEL
- Elys Game Technology- ELYS
- Silver Corp- SVM

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I believe this is a fairly risky stock, which may account, in part for its low share price. Since around 2017 it has had at least four clinical trial failures, two of which I mention in the comments below. They're trying to rebuild some momentum with their recent novel cancer treatment. They do not appear to be the only company researching this technology (using modified bacteria to deliver antigens to fight tumors). In fact, they indicate in their annual report that big pharm may also be getting ready to rollout their own candidates.

Cancer clinical trials seem to take at least 2-3 years for each phase, and sometimes even longer. These guys are barely starting Phase 2 with their latest candidates, so they've got a ways to go. The partnership with Merck, however, is a good sign. As far as their share price, they're likely going to be delisted from the NASDAQ in about two months, which may send their share price even lower as an OTC stock. It might be wise to wait a few months, if you're interested in the company, to start buying their shares. Finally, some small pharm and biotech companies decline to give their executives a bonus before the company starts earning any revenue. This is not one of those companies (see below).

Advaxis- ADXS $.57, 13 Apr 21

Outstanding Shares: 120m

Employees: 18

Market cap: 84.27m

Cash/debt: 33.3m (and equivalents); 5m debt; 15m in expenses for 2020

Products: Cancer immunotherapy based on its proprietary LM Technology in which live attenuated listeria monocytogenes bacteria transmit antigen/adjuvant fusion proteins into recipient’s cells

1. ADXS-503- Non-small cell lung cancer; Phase 1b/2a trial in partnership with Merck and their KEYTRUDA PD-1 antibody and Advaxis’ ADXS-HOT tumor-targeting technology

2. ADXS-504- Prostate cancer; Phase 1 trial began Q1 2021; ADXS-HOT

3. ADXS-PSA- Metastatic prostate cancer; Phase 1b/2a trial in partnership with Merck and their KEYTRUDA PD-1 antibody

4. ADXS31-164 (HER2)- Osteosarcoma; licensed to OS Therapies for development and testing

5. ADXS-HER2 (AT-014)- Canine osteosarcoma; licensed to Aratana Therapeutics for testing

Notes:

There have been a number of preclinical and in vitro trials, as well as academic research, into this technology, but so far the concept is in its preliminary stages and its potential is not well known or predictable.

In June 2019, Advaxis terminated its Phase 3 trial of its AXAL (ADXS-HPV) treatment for HPV-related cancers, specifically cervical cancer. Advaxis states that it terminated the trial because data was, up to that point, inconclusive and it was estimated to cost an additional $80-90m to complete the trial. The company also terminated development of another treatment, ADXS-NEO, in October 2019 at the completion of Phase 1A trial, without giving a reason.

The company’s stock price has been under $1 since March of 2020. Therefore, unless it rises above $1 by June 21, 2021, it will be delisted from the NASDAQ (Capital Market) exchange, which may make it go even lower. The expectation that it will be delisted may be suppressing the price of this stock.

The executives of this company are well paid. CEO was paid $550k in 2020, plus 550k bonus, with incremental step-downs from there for the other executives.