Personal and home defense strategies

Roosh

Cardinal
As the violence continues and police are involved with the rioters, we will increasingly have to take our own safety in our hands. I recall my experience in South America in 2005, 2007-2008. It was quite dangerous but basic rules kept me safe:

-Do not show any wealth in public
-Do not wear headphones or be occupied by something that takes away your attention from the environment
-Do not act like a victim with weak posture or fearful demeanor
-Do not stand out with your clothing... try to blend in and appear like a nobody
-Size up people in your environment and move away from those who appear to be a threat
-Trust your instinct: if something feels "off" then remove yourself from that area

Most violence occurs at night:

-Do not go out at night to neighborhoods that you know are not secure
-Better to take a taxi through dangerous/unknown areas than walk

Tips for these current riots:

-Don't go out at night unless you have to
-Have some type of weaponry near your bed for home invasion scenarios (gun, pepper spray, baton, baseball bat, etc)
-If you drive, decide what you will do beforehand if a mob gets in front of your car. Take longer routes around hotspots.
-Build a relationship with your neighbors. You will need their help if police aren't around.

If you don't have a small business to protect, and don't need to work in areas affected by rioting, the solution can be as simple as staying home and doing your shopping early in the day while the rioters are sleeping.

I'm an advocate for gun ownership but my main "weapon" is my mind. I don't let any weapons give me a false sense of security and instead try to act as smart as I can to keep violence far away from me.

Easy_C

Crow
Very good advice overall.

Let me also provide some specific things

- If you hear gunshots immediately drop to the ground, identify cover or concealment, and then crawl or sprint there. Identify where fire is coming from and utilize individual movement techniques (IMT) to disengage. This PDF has a section that explains them: https://www.uakron.edu/armyrotc/MS1/9.pdf

-If you're not alone one person provides covering fire (not much. Just a shot or two to make the other people duck back) while the other moves and you leap-frog until you've disengaged.

- Observe the Type of pedestrians nearby (elderly + kids = good. primarily Military aged males = bad).

- Become familiar with the vehicles and faces normally present in your area. Observe patterns of behavior and events so you notice abnormalities quickly.

-Prior to anything happening, make sure you have identified key funnel areas and cover for both egress and anyone attempting ingress.

- Monitor the daily "rythmn". For example in Afghanistan the Taliban was almost always asleep during the hot afternoons. That was a good time to conduct operations.

- If force is used it is almost better to react with overwhelming initial force. Even better trained or equipped opponents can be put on the defense if the initial reaction is furious.

-Early warning is key. In the military we had blimps, drones, and camera towers. As a civilian you have motion-activated cameras and dogs. A dog in particular is your best bet because they'll notice anyone coming near the property long before anything else will.

- DO make your best effort to safely gather intelligence. Talk to people and safely observe. That does not mean you get anywhere near an event happening but it can mean you do things like go out while it is quite and look around the block.

HERE is a good military field manual explaining "urban patrolling". There's some relevant information there. https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a397164.pdf

Here in Russia, the only reason I would get in a fight is if someone is trying to kill me. I have been in one fist fight here, I won, but I was fighting with the assumption the attacker could pull a knife on me at any time. I did not enjoy it and I hope it never happens again.

In America, I recommend swallowing your pride and running at the first hint of trouble. If you lose they may not stop hitting you once you are knocked out. If you win, you may be a target for escalation or for legal persecution. If you run away they might laugh at you.

Under normal circumstances this would be cowardly, but under normal circumstances you would be allowed to carry a gun and blow away someone who attacks you, with no consequences. That is the purpose of having guns.

If you can't run, then yes, overwhelming initial force is the way to go. Hit first, hit hard, and repeat until they stop moving. Then you run away. Watch out for additional assailants.

We are defeated right now. This is most similar to Germany after the Red Army took Berlin. I don't think people realize just how bad things are yet. The 50 year cold revolution has turned hot, our enemies are absolutely ruthless, and the people who are supposed to be on your side are mentally destroyed. That is a realistic evaluation of the current situation.

NoMoreTO

Pelican
We've got an Arlo camera system with 5 cameras around the house. It can give notifications based on motion, which go to your phone.

While its sad all of the cameras being turned into a surveillance state on the larger scale, when its your house, this is a great tool. Front door, backdoor, side alleys, and out near garage.

DanielH

Robin
Don't ever be alone in high risk situations. I've seen many videos recently of rioters beating up a lone individual. Just being with one or two other men will be enough to deter most confrontations, but you never know if it will, or if they have other weapons, so don't be afraid to run.

Also don't let your woman go out close to dusk or at night right now unless you're in a safe rural area. Real women like feeling safe, so if you show concern she will appreciate it, even if you have to boss her around a bit.

RWIsrael

Woodpecker
Your first priority should be the safety of your family and get / keep them out of the danger zone at the first sign of trouble. Not ego battles, not righting wrongs, not defending the constitution or your "right" to go wherever you please. Best to recognize and avoid bad situations than to fight your way out of them.
Don't do stupid things with stupid people, at stupid times and places

Maintain situational awareness, spot any potential trouble before it's right on you. "Distance buys you time and time buys you options".

Don't be shamed into giving up safety in the name of being polite - discriminate and use good judgement as to whom you want to be around and engage with. Attackers use social dynamics to try and get close to you and corner you until it is too late.

Don't look like a victim, but also don't give everyone the "tough guy stink eye" which can provoke confrontation.

Learn the modus operandi of criminals in your region and what is considered abnormal - a guy asking for a cigarette, two guys on a motorbike, someone who doesn't fit the time and place, bulges in clothes, hands in pockets, hoodie in the middle of a hot day.

Look for the accomplice. Most attackers have a buddy or two waiting around a corner to help. Never assume you'll be in a fair fight.

Highly recommend ASP - it's one of my favorite channels for studying real world attacks and what cues you can recognize prior to an attack. The focus is defensive firearm use, but the same principles apply everywhere.

Home Defense:

1. Exterior security light- enough to illuminate your entire property
2. A reliable guard dog- Their presense alone and barking will serve as a deterrent (German Shepards are ideal, avoid Pitbulls who will probably eat your neighbor's kids after)
3. Shorter barrel AR-15 with tactical flashlight or a 9 mm Rifle-Pistol

RWIsrael

Woodpecker
Home Defense:

1. Exterior security light- enough to illuminate your entire property
2. A reliable guard dog- Their presense alone and barking will serve as a deterrent (German Shepards are ideal, avoid Pitbulls who will probably eat your neighbor's kids after)
3. Shorter barrel AR-15 with tactical flashlight or a 9 mm Rifle-Pistol
4. Good locks and a sturdy frame and door that will give you an extra few seconds in case of a break in / home invasion
5. Same for windows
6. Watchful neighbors and a good understanding of who "doesn't belong"
7. A sensible layout such as the kids' room being furthest away from any break-in point, so invaders have to go through you first.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Don't ever be alone in high risk situations. I've seen many videos recently of rioters beating up a lone individual. Just being with one or two other men will be enough to deter most confrontations, but you never know if it will, or if they have other weapons, so don't be afraid to run.
Just to add to this part.

1. Be aware of your surroundings and/or environments. This is called Situational Awareness.

2. Eyes forward, be alert and use your peripheral vision to scan for any signs of trouble by identitifying the elements around you.
Tip: Never glance your eyes down or on the ground - that is a sign of weakness.

3. Gangs, rioters, protesters, etc. tend to roam together in packs. One person won't survive a fight against multiple attackers who may have dangerous weapons (i.e., knives, crowbar, etc.).

4. Don't walk in the same path when you see them in a group. Just cross to the other side of the street to avoid confrontation.

5. Put the damn mobile phone away. Pay attention to your surroundings. Things will go south quickly when not paying attention.

Last edited:

Mycelium

Robin
Gold Member
– Get your FOID Card + CCL License
– Pepperspray
– Pocket Blade
– Tactical Pen
– Cameras setup all around your home
– ADT Security
– Noonlight on your Phone
– Solar Floodlight
– IFTTT to record audio/video based on suspicious behavior
– Dark blinds/curtains to hide the layout of your home

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
Some general ideas -

1) Do yourself a favor and move to a less shitty area. Get crime rate info from the local police before you decide. Read the crime blotter from the local paper. A neighborhood might not look that bad, but if you see burglar bars on windows, that's a clue - keep shopping.

2) Remember that there's a reason the cops are wearing riot gear lately and moving in large numbers. Even so, they have their limits as to who and what they'll engage, beyond political restraints.

3) Similarly, avoid any tiki torch wannabe Charlottesville-style counter-protests. Such gatherings were always a terrible idea. If the mob doesn't get you, the facial recognition cameras and mobile phone ID in your pocket will. The law doesn't care enough to do anything about Antifa, but that supposed helplessness will turn on a dime with the right political motivation behind it. Zuckerberg has enough info right now to have every last instigator arrested tomorrow if he wanted to. You can be sure that everyone "demonstrating" outside the White House was known to the Secret Service watching and listening from within.

4) Finally, don't go out at night, since we all know there's gangs of white supremacists roaming the streets, looting and causing extreme mayhem everywhere lately.

Mossberg 500 Tactical Shotgun with a pistol grip and double-aught buckshot. About' 400 bucks. Lightweight, don't take up a lotta space. Real easy to load. Point and shoot. Kind of.
Would you feel comfortable firing a shotgun if a loved one was standing next to the threat you were aiming at?

The spread alone, not to mention buckshot goes through drywall like any other round, was enough for me to choose the AR Platform or a .45 pistol (with a tactical light) over a shotgun for home defense. It's just not worth the risk.

This is an attack of fear against christian americans....fear not logos is always in control. Prepare wisely and be safe fam