Peter Liang and the SJW divide in the Asian Community

In case you're not familiar with the story a asian-american NYPD officer, was convicted of shooting a a unarmed black man.

http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-lives-matter-huge-protests-back-convicted-cop-232717959.html

Former officer Liang, a Hong Kong-born cop, just a year and a half on the job, fired his gun in a darkened stairwell in a Brooklyn housing project in late 2014. The bullet, fired accidentally, according to the young officer’s testimony, ricocheted off a wall and killed Akai Gurley, who was visiting his girlfriend and son. Earlier this month, Liang was convicted of manslaughter and official misconduct by a Brooklyn jury. He faces up to 15 years in prison.
I haven't been following the case closely but like in a lot of these cases like the Trayvon Martin case nobody can say with absolutle certainty what happened. I first read about it in a NY Times story where they noted some Chinese-Americans were upset White police officers went free but the one officer they decided to convict was of Chinese descent. I was upset by the story but shrugged because what was anyone going to do?

But something did happen this weekend.

But from Philadelphia to St. Louis to Los Angeles, Asian-American protesters on Saturday this time decried the conviction of a police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man. The protesters both have been emboldened by the new age of civil rights and galvanized by what they see as an injustice at least partly brought on by the Black Lives Matter protests.
Now I want to emphasize that even though I am a asian-american (not crazy about that label) I couldn't say Peter Liang is innocent and I'm not 100% behind these protests. But I think whats important here is that the facts of the case are irrelevant. Whether Peter Liang is guilty or not guilty is not the issue, the issue is that as America is becoming more and more balkanized we are devolving into tribes. And in a tribe you must defend your own kind, no matter what as if they were your brother.

The hypocrisy of many (not all) African-Americans is they pretend to be the objective champions of social justice when every stand they take can easily be put into the filter of "They always stand up for other blacks". Its pure tribalism and doesn't have a thing to do with any grand notion of "justice for all". If Peter Liang was black and the black man who was shot: Akai Gurley, was Chinese then the liberal, race obsessed blacks would be standing up for Peter Liang saying he was being scapegoated because he was black and how white officers get away with these types of shootings.

Now I am not saying this to criticise the african-american community at large. Though more homogenous than most I don't think all african-americans act and think this way. There is no perfect label for these types of black people. "SJW Blacks" are inaccurate because a lot of these black activsts dont share the standard affinity for LGBT or transgender rights that SJWs do. In my experience many of them dislike gays and trans people. Its a combination of older black people reacting in a very tribal sense (sticking up for blacks regardless of the facts) + the college indoctrinated SJW young blacks.

But what I really want to talk about is the asian-american reaction or more specificially the Chinese-American reaction. Remember asian-american is a pretty inaccurate term. Indians and East Asians barely have any cultural ties and even among the East Asian Chinese, Korean and Japanese American groups there can be little affinity for each other.

So this was mainly a Chinese-American protest against Peter Liang being scapegoated because he was asian.

Now where it gets confusing is that there are many different factions. I don't claim to be a expert but here is my general sketch of the general factions in the Chinese/Asian Peter Liang protesters.

There are Hardcore SJW Asians, SJW Asians and simply tribal Asians.

Here is a example of the SJW Asian as shown by this young woman

https://twitter.com/ThisIsFusion/status/701911176691580929

The SJW Asian believes in white privilege and all the other cultural marxist mumbo jumbo. She belives in the SJW narrative but she sees Peter Liang as a scapegoat of the white controlled society (from her POV). So it would be as if Peter Liang was sent to prison for shooting a unarmed white person.

The Tribal Asians are the asians that dont believe in the SJW/Cultural Marxist narrative they're just sticking up for the asian/Chinese person as a matter of racial loyalty.

The third and final group I want to really focus on are the hardcore "cuck" SJW Asians. This is best exemplified by the infamous SJW troll Arthur Chu. I'm sure you are all familiar with him.

Here is his column demonstrating the absolute cuckold nature of many Asian SJWs.

https://fusion.net/story/164764/not...ing-the-myth-of-asians-as-the-model-minority/

I care about the obvious wedge strategy of turning Asians into front-line soldiers in the war against black America so wealthy white people can play “neutral observer.” I care about the protests in support of NYPD Officer Peter Liang that treated his being thrown under the bus by his superiors as somehow being a worse tragedy than Akai Gurley being shot dead for no goddamn reason.

I care about the fact, usually politely talked around by Asian-Americans, that Asian America is willing to be pretty damn racist against black people when we feel like it, and that white supremacist ideology tends to come with an asterisk saying “Asians are OK too.” It bothers me a lot that the white supremacist Pace Amendment proposing the deportation of all non-white Americans made an exception for people who had Asian blood. It bothers me that Dylann Roof was happy at the thought of East Asians “carrying on” the imperialist legacy of the West should the white race die out, that he applauded us as “by nature very racist” and “great allies of the White race.”
And yes, I continue to argue that means we are oppressed, that there’s ultimately no such thing as a “good” stereotype, that the price we’ve paid for this devil’s deal is too high a price for anyone to pay in the end. I think the ultimate goal should be understanding how the racial hierarchy we live in screws all of us–except for a very few people at the very top–in the end, that there can’t be an Asian-American movement without solidarity with African-Americans. (I’ve tried to write pieces in the past, albeit deeply flawed ones, to this effect.) Even the idea of an “Asian-American identity” was born of Asian solidarity with the black civil rights movement in the 1960s and ‘70s, a history that all too many of us today forget.

But we have to recognize in the end that we did make that deal and we do get “model minority” privileges in return for helping keep other people down. We are complicit. White professors can spout ignorant bullshit about how our hardworking assimilationist ethic proves black people are just whiners because our own leaders have spent years singing the same tune.
I'll spare you any more of that idiotic drivel. But I want to Chu to show the unique war in the Asian-American community regarding social justice.

-Arthur Chu, who is acting like the asian equivalent of a Cuckservative or "Uncle Chan" as Asian Masculinists on Reddit would call him, is saying that asian-americans should not engage in the same identity politics that african-americans do when it is a asian person vs a black person. This is Oppression Olympics at its finest which Chu realizes and lampshaded at the start of the article.

Obviously I recognize that in the end a asian officer killed a unarmed black person so its easy to take the "asians shouldn't protest route" because its hard to take the moral high ground when you are defending someone who killed a person (accidental or not). The fact that he is a police officer makes it even harder.

However Chu is either ignorant or intentionally misleading people because what nobody talks about is that thousands of asians are being assaulted and murdered by blacks every day in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CzB0e61oIE&ab_channel=ColinFlaherty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ghaWGsxNw&ab_channel=ColinFlaherty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC2FKOJnvrI&ab_channel=BahtiyorTashpulatov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXvdqwjPPOc&ab_channel=ColinFlaherty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHJLmHeCMys&ab_channel=ColinFlaherty

Much like black-on-white violence it is either ignored by the media or mentioned without highlighting the races and the persistent nature of it.

Now I want to be very clear. I'm not saying all black people are bad or violent. Obviously you have some bad apples in any group. But what I want to highlight is the complete hypocrisy of Uncle Chan's like Arthur Chu essentially saying asian/Chinese Americans should shut up about Peter Liang because asians dont get oppressed as badly as blacks then listing all the violence done to blacks and acting like the worst racism a asian-american is not getting into Harvard because of Affirmative Action when in fact incredible violence is done to asians by blacks and it is never reported on. You will never see a story of black on asian murder get as much coverage as the Trayvon Martin case because it obviously doesn't fit the narrative.

Also I'm not saying asian individuals or gangs dont engage in violence against blacks or any other group. But from my readings its clear that black on asian violence is very widespread. The obvious reason being that many asians are immigrants who dont speak english and also the sterotype of the meek asian is encouraging these attacks. Now the obvious retort by a SJW would be, don't you think young white males or white gangs attack asians too? No doubt but I don't think its a as prevalent and if there was the same # of young white males beating up asians you'd have Salon or the Guardian or the other SJW rags bombarding us with it nonstop.

My main point is that in this kind of scenario asians have the worst of both worlds. Asian-Americans face racism. There is the typical "ching-chong" joke type of racism/disrespect and there is the actual violence of which only the former is mentioned much by the media. Personally I think the term "racism" has been sucked of all meaning because it has been abused so much. I don't believe in the SJW narrative or a "institutional racism". But I do believe asian-americans face racism and discrimination in its most conservative definition.

So you have that bad side. But when asians try to protest using the same identity politics as african-americans they get shut down. By white SJWs, by liberal/SJW/tribal blacks and by traitorous cuckold scum like Arthur Chu.

Sure Asians can protest racism against them when its WHITE people doint it and they may get some crumbs of support from white/black SJWs but when they go up against a black victim or a situation where its the blacks at fault that's when they hit a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UTj8lQJhY&ab_channel=RobTrent

What I've noted is the supreme hypocrisy of SJWs mainly whites where they claim to be about equality for all (false). You knew that but many people especially in the alt right think they are anti-white and pro-everyone that is not white. I don't think that's true either. What SJWs follow a inverse pyramid where they hate whites the most because they are the most "privileged" so they are at the very bottom. Now asian-americans because they are fairly successful as a group financially (though not in terms of leadership postions like whites or white jews) are the very next lower group. Obviously you have african-americans at the very apex because their oppression (both legitimate and phony) is so widely publicised.

So white SJWs and liberals when confronted can't tell asians to knock it off because that would be "whitespalining" so they instead use cuck, Uncle Chan collaborators like Arthur Chu or Steph Yin.

Here is a article on this story by Steph Yin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steph-yin/peter-liang-protests_b_9289990.html

I'm a proud Chinese American, but today I am disappointed by those in my community who rallied this weekend in support of Peter Liang, the NYPD officer who killed Akai Gurley and was recently convicted of second-degree manslaughter. My parents and many of their friends attended these rallies or have spoken up in support of Liang. They have stayed silent and very far away from any Black Lives Matter protests, but they find the time to pay attention and show up when it is a member of their community.
Notice she criticises Chinese-Americans for only protesting when its a member of their identity group. As if every racial group besides whites don't do this? That's what happens in balkanized America. You teach everyone to be hyperconscious of their race instead of as Americans that's what they're gonna do.

Most of Black SJW/Social Justice is old fashioned tribalism/group loyalty dressed up as perfectly demonstrated by Black Lives Matter. With the exception of the self-loathing white liberal of which I'm sure you're familiar.

So sorry for the long-winded rant, just had to get that off my chest. As a Asian-American who knows whats really going on in the world I find it sad to see a lot of asian-americans go directly against their interests (like whites) and become SJWs and be lead by the likes of that pile of crap Arthur Chu.

Unlike whites who at least have the advantage of fighting a single front, Asians have to fight a two front war where they have to fight SJWs who want to denigrate their achievements are because the white patriarchy allowed, and take away "asian privilege" in the form of rejecting asians from Ivy League colleges thanks to Affirmative Action aka White Guilt. And of course you have the old fashioned racists on the right. You've seen how Roosh was attacked by the SJW left and the racist right (alt right, Pamela Gellar) for being a person with nonwhite roots.

(Unfortunately for those of Asian descent, the Yellow card is essentially worthless, as in SJW eyes, Yellow is nothing but an honorary form of White.)
Source: SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police

Attachments

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
I don't want to start a race thread in a race thread.

Why are whites the only ones that don't give a fuck just calling us white or whatever you want? And why are other races so comfortable labeling us as white without stepping on eggshells and asking if I want to be called snowman?

Cracker, honkey, European-American, caucasian, whitey (my favorite), the Great White, creamsicle, Aryan, Anglo, Wonder Bread.

I love all my labels. Everyone else gets all fidgety.

Itz razist. Embrace your labels.

Speculation

Kingfisher
We need to be careful talking around racial issues but I think there are some things to be said here.

You've covered a lot of the main points. SJW's have a set hierarchy of privilege/oppression which they use as a club to attack people who think differently to the way they do.

If you aren't familiar yet with the concept, you should read about the 'motte and bailey' defense.

As its applied here, SJW and certain types of race activism are purely tribal. Their rules aren't equally applied. If you challenge them on this they will rationalise some reasonable sounding technicality as to why your group doesn't deserve the same protections as other groups. They will then go back to promoting their tribe's interests.

You're quite within your rights to be upset by this, but you might be better off just going 'These people are dishonest and crazy' and then ignoring what they say for the rest of your life. All of the energy you are putting into being upset by these lunatics can then be redirected into making yourself happy.

You don't need their approval. You also don't need the approval of others in your community, nor are you responsible for your community's 'groupthink'.

Just do what's right for you and try to stop making your happiness contingent upon the actions of others. I used to rage up at the exact same SJW hypocrisy, but now I just see their tactics being just a grab for power, influence and resources.

T and A Man

Pelican
Gold Member
He's lucky Liang doesn't sound as white as Zimmerman.

Firstly, no living human being can derive value from anything Arthur Chu says. His dream, a step up from his reality, is to fuck Zoe Quinn.

Secondly, understand your priorities. Whites fight a single front? Get that shit out if here, no one suffers more slurs than the -isms white people have to fight.

As an American .... see that word... if Chinese heritage, your interests lie in fighting the bullshit BLM says. Their movement is to obtain monopoly on race judgement.

That is a tool that will never work in your interest.

Fortis

Crow
Gold Member
Sucks for him and that guy. I think they should handle this trial fairly and make sure that justice is served. Hopefully it was an accident and not a real murder.

That said, anyone else notice that the only people who truly get a fair trial are officers of the law or their associates?

Everyone else is just served varying degrees of injustice.

Fast Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Asian, black, and hispanic SJWs do not exist. They don't care for one second about "social justice," they are simply tribalists fighting for power for their tribe, and I have nothing against that because that is only natural.

Only non-jewish whites are "real" SJWs, and they are the biggest, shittiest scum on earth. That's all I have to say about that.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I'm a fan of Jack Donovan and his philosophy that tribalism helps humanity because it forces people to be more active in contributing to their immediate communities and fosters competition and, therefore, continuous improvement. One thing to remember, however, is that often for one tribe to win, another tribe has to lose.

One example that relates to this thread topic is Ivy League entrance affirmative action efforts. Whites are not the only ones discriminated against when it comes to racial quotas on new entrants to elite universities. Asians, especially east Asians, are also discriminated against in this situation because their generally superior academic records give them an advantage over other racial groups. Is this good?

Kane12:00

Pigeon
Good post OP. I agree with many of your points.
I think we look at Peter Liang and he looks like a young, upstanding police officer. But the reality is that someone is dead due to his reckless actions (and somewhat callous actions after the shooting) and he needs to do time and pay the price.
The fact that Daniel Pantaleo (who choked Eric Garner and should have been punished) got off doesn't mean that Peter Liang should get off as well. That's like saying that because OJ Simpson got off then all these other murderers should be set free as well.

I also agree that most of these causes and SJW protests are just tribalism. You're right that had this been a black cop that was convicted for killing a Chinese man, it would be different groups protesting on different sides. It is sad what is happening in this country, everyone is just fighting for a piece of the pie and no one cares about actually growing the pie or making the country a better place.

Speculation then commented "...you might be better off just going 'These people are dishonest and crazy' and then ignoring what they say for the rest of your life. All of the energy you are putting into being upset by these lunatics can then be redirected into making yourself happy. You don't need their approval. You also don't need the approval of others in your community, nor are you responsible for your community's 'groupthink'.
Just do what's right for you and try to stop making your happiness contingent upon the actions of others. I used to rage up at the exact same SJW hypocrisy, but now I just see their tactics being just a grab for power, influence and resources."

I agree with the sentiment, but I am still unsure if these people can be ignored, as they are grabbing power more and more and will eventually have a larger effect on your life.

El Chinito loco

Crow
Gold Member
All the comments and all the observations in this thread just supports my long standing theory as to why multiculturalism doesn't work. I don't know a damn thing about Liang or this case but I can already tell it's blowing up into this political/racial thing that will just create more tension and political capital to fight against or for one group or another.

I grew up in a ghetto multicultural shithole on the west coast and every race was pretty much edging for every little advantage it could over one another.

This is nothing new.

Different races and cultures simply can't co-exist. Visiting and occasionally taking one spouse or another to "assimilate" into your culture might be alright but overall it's bad news to mix everyone together.

The article doesn't give much detail, but 15 years seems awfully excessive for involuntary manslaughter. The problem with the racism argument is that we're expected to believe that the police decided to throw one of their own to the wolves to appease the black lives matter mob, but the white cops are so utterly racist that they can't bear to convict even one white guy so they pick a Chinese guy instead. It would defeat the whole purpose of appeasing the black mob, since all they want to see is a white cop being punished.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Back in my undergraduate years I actually was into the whole Asian American activism scene for a while. And by that I meant I would post on internet forums and bitch about how Jet Li didn't get to make out with Aaliyah at the end of Romeo Must Die, so in other words I was pretty much a slactivist though I would argue that I was doing as much as the average Tumblrina does.

After graduating I didn't really think about my time involved in that scene until the huge wave of SJWism that started to explode around like 2012-2013. Once I started seeing all the Tumblr BS and Twitter hashtag activism it made me recount my days involved in AA activism and more specifically the psychology and mentality behind it. It made me realize how a lot of these social activists have very similar mindsets no matter what specific cause they support whether it be LGBT, Black Lives Matter or Bernie bros. Long before anyone on the internet was writing critiques of SJW and "intersectional" nonsense I was already observing these things in the Asian American activist scene:

- Blaming white people/society for everything. If you couldn't get laid, get promoted pass a mid-management position, get a bid for a frat it had nothing to do with the fact that you spent all your time studying and playing DDR. No it's because there's an organized conspiracy made up of people from white frat bros to Hollywood producers to specifically make Asians look lame and nerdy.

- Constant whining about under-representation in media, or more specifically in "cool" areas such as movie/TV roles, sports, music and artistic areas. Basically the same thing you see these days with people crying that that there aren't more Muslim tranny gay stormtroopers.

A particular sore point about media was about how there aren't more Asian guys being displayed as romantic/sexual interests. I knew a guy on campus who actually complained to me once about how black guys get to bang girls of all races in porno while Asian guys don't even get to be in porno, he seem pretty agitated about it too. Another guy that I only knew online and posted in one of the forums I participated in would brag about uploading porn featuring Asian males and white females to his college DC++ hub as a form of activism. :tard:

A direct to DVD movie called "Shanghai Kiss" got released around the time I was involved in this scene. A few guys on this forum I hung around on started urging people to buy it simply because it was produced by an Asian American guy and more importantly, it featured an Asian male/white female couple. Whether the movie was any good or not was a secondary concern. Some guy actually went out and bought 4 copies. This, among other things led to a debate about how much we should support Asian America produced media. The split was between people who thought support should be based on whether the media was actually of high quality and those who said we should support Asian American media no matter what because that's the only way to change things. One guy used an example of how African Americans will get behind any athlete, actor, and such just because he or she is black and lamented that Asian Americans weren't as tribalistic as African Americans.

- The biggest and over-discussed thing was constant crying and PUAHate-ish whining about Asian girls dating white guys. The hilarious thing was that a lot of the Asian American girls that were in the same actvist scene were dating white guys which caused a lot of tension because a lot of the guys would pretty much say Asian girls who prefer white guys were sellouts. It was pretty much our version of the 1488 fruitcakes in the alt-right that think they're automatically entitled to white vagina just by virtue of being white themselves. Or the PUAhate guys that complain about Chad the frat boy taking all the women but instead it's Chad the white guy to the Asian American activist males.

A big chicken and egg question is whether a lot of the SJW types we see these days are the way they are because of the victim hood mentality the SJW scene promotes or if they were already perpetual victims and that's why they were attracted to such an ideology in the first place. I can say in my case it was the former. Prior to my involvement I didn't care about the interracial dating disparity with Asians/whites; I didn't even really notice it. After becoming involved in the scene, there was a time in my life in my late teens early 20s where I was extremely bitter about Asian girls dating white guys and I attribute this to the hater ideology that I was exposed to. I've actually know a few girls that were mostly normal if a bit insecure that got slowly turned into full-blown SJWs feminists after getting involved with Tumblr so I am of the line of thought that it's SJW ideology with it's promotion of perpetual victim hood and slave morality turns people into thinking that their own troubles are not a result of their own shortcoming and incompetence and instead is the fault of a society that has nothing better to do then personally oppress them every day of their lives.

Travesty

Crow
Gold Member
^ I don't understand all that tribalism stuff, it is scarcity mentality.

Do I purposely try to look up to white basketball players for the skills in the NBA? Never in a million years. All my favorite players are black. Most of the players I would want to learn from are black.

My 12 year old self isn't sitting around watching replays of J.J. Reddick highlights.

Speculation

Kingfisher
Kane12:00 said:
Speculation then commented "...you might be better off just going 'These people are dishonest and crazy' and then ignoring what they say for the rest of your life. All of the energy you are putting into being upset by these lunatics can then be redirected into making yourself happy."

I agree with the sentiment, but I am still unsure if these people can be ignored, as they are grabbing power more and more and will eventually have a larger effect on your life.
Its more a call to find an individual solution to the problem. He can't change the political landscape by himself, so he's better off putting his energies into navigating through it as best he can.

We should all be aware of what's going on in the society and culture surrounding us, but only so far as to let us best pursue our own interests.

There is nothing to be gained from getting upset at things beyond your control as it just takes up real estate in your head that could be used for better things.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Travesty said:
I don't want to start a race thread in a race thread.

Why are whites the only ones that don't give a fuck just calling us white or whatever you want? And why are other races so comfortable labeling us as white without stepping on eggshells and asking if I want to be called snowman?

Cracker, honkey, European-American, caucasian, whitey (my favorite), the Great White, creamsicle, Aryan, Anglo, Wonder Bread.

I love all my labels. Everyone else gets all fidgety.

Itz razist. Embrace your labels.
Have you also noticed the USA is the world leader in race baiting, race in the media and race in general?

Is there is even such a thing as an “Asian” community? There’s a lot of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino Americans etc. who don’t particularly like each very much. I know a Korean-American woman who calls Chinese people “Chinks”.

Then on top of that you have some Asian groups that try to add Indians, Pakistanis into the mix when it suits their purposes.

Fuck all this racial bullshit.

DarkTriad

Ostrich
Gold Member
Great post Castel, for a lot of different reasons

Whether Peter Liang is guilty or not guilty is not the issue, the issue is that as America is becoming more and more balkanized we are devolving into tribes. And in a tribe you must defend your own kind, no matter what as if they were your brother.
Yup, America is devolving into prison rules where "your race is your nation".

A couple of specific things about the incident that were exceptional FUBAR -

They had TWO ROOKIES together, doing a vertical patrol in the projects (next to where a cop was shot at a week before). Terrible training/position they put him in, without a more experienced partner to tell him to put the gun away in situations it was more likely to hurt him than to help him.

It's telling they cancelled the "two rookies together" program right after the incident. It's was a terrible, terrible policy, you're not born with perfect judgement as a police officer, you learn this stuff over time, by watching other more experienced officers and getting their advice. You're really cheating a young guy (and the community he's supposed to protect) when you do this. If he was with a senior guy, they would have known to track the bullet and see if anyone was hurt before making any phone calls.

El Chinito loco

Crow
Gold Member
WalterBlack said:
Is there is even such a thing as an “Asian” community? There’s a lot of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino Americans etc. who don’t particularly like each very much. I know a Korean-American woman who calls Chinese people “Chinks”.

Then on top of that you have some Asian groups that try to add Indians, Pakistanis into the mix when it suits their purposes.

Fuck all this racial bullshit.
There is such a thing on the west coast but it's a real loose "community" where asians hang out with each other in big enclaves. I'd point to the San Gabriel Valley..or Irvine. There used to be quite a lot of mixed asian enclaves in Long Beach too before the ghetto minority wars in the 90's and early 00's reached its end there and a lot decided to leave.

This concept of joining people together by their parent's geographic origins to form political capital is a SJW concept. It's utterly laughable. The flaws you point out are what makes this silly.. A IRT or muslim Pakistani has literally nothing in common with SE/NE Asians and vice versa. Trying to join disparate and sometimes very recent immigrant groups together based on race to engage in ethnic politics is quite lame. It plays into the existing narrative and also plays up the victim card.

Unfortunately ethnic politics doesn't have its roots entirely as a SJW or marxist type creation either.

The U.S. has these types of hierarchies deliberately built into the system.

The elites benefit by pitting various minorities against each other and also against working class whites. While everyone is distracted flinging shit at each other like monkeys in the jungle it's easy to do whatever you please behind gated communities. Read about southern strategy and the history of turning poor working class people against each other in the U.S. works.

I believe preference for ones own tribe tends to be innate though so it's not like this is some vast conspiracy to nudge people in this direction. It's just that the elites have seized on what is natural and further use it to balkanize and misdirect away from their own power.

CodyB

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Wutang said:
Back in my undergraduate years I actually was into the whole Asian American activism scene for a while. And by that I meant I would post on internet forums and bitch about how Jet Li didn't get to make out with Aaliyah at the end of Romeo Must Die,

Model Minority?

I remember that website. Some of the blatant anti-white, or anybody anti-asian racism was unbelievable.

Reminded me of an Asian stormfront.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I didn't post on Model Minority but I did lurk there a few times. Butthurtness over white guys with Asian girls is common in the Asian American activist scene but it was taken to the 99th degree on that forums for that site. If any of posters there would have pulled an Elliot Rodger I wouldn't have been surprised.

A lot of these bitter Asian males while hating on Asian girls for dating white guys also had a tendency to pedestal white pooty tang and didn't seem to be troubled by the massive contradiction. Every now and then one of these guys would manage to land a white girlfriend for at least a while and it was pretty clear they would hold these chicks up as some sort of trophy.

Fast Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Wutang said:
- Constant whining about under-representation in media, or more specifically in "cool" areas such as movie/TV roles, sports, music and artistic areas. Basically the same thing you see these days with people crying that that there aren't more Muslim tranny gay stormtroopers.

A particular sore point about media was about how there aren't more Asian guys being displayed as romantic/sexual interests.
Interesting. Since you were a part of that scene and were tight with other people in it, I want to ask you about how the thought process went with these guys on the "media under-representation" issue. When you throw together the entire mess of "Asians" out there, to include but not limited to Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, Laotians, Indians, Flips, Viets, etc, we are talking about a group that constitutes less than 5% of the American population.

Does the Asian American activist community know for a fact that Asians are underrepresented in entertainment? Did someone do the research, crunch the math, and came out with a definitive analysis showing that Asians are less than their "fair" 5% representation in entertainment?

And even beyond this first premise, do you think your activist mates would have accepted proportional representation, or would they still be bitching even if at 5% of the population, Asians accounted for a whopping 25% of entertainment personalities? After all, Asians are about 25-30% of the Ivy league yet they still bitch about being discriminated against there.

These are serious questions, I'm genuinely curious to understand the mentalities of these people.