Pets thread

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I see you figured the pic thing out. :)

Aww, cuties!! I have too many to post, so I’ll just do a couple later. I have 11 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 parakeets. Im an accidental cat lady.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman

Aww, cuties!! I have too many to post, so I’ll just do a couple later. I have 11 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 parakeets. Im an accidental cat lady.
Lol I did. On mobile I have to do it by choosing Attach Files, but I’ll try the other way next time I’m on my computer. Thanks

DelMarMisty

Sparrow
Woman
I have a beautiful, beautiful Ragdoll. I love him so much, and he is an indoor-only cat. We tried keeping him outside, and he just couldn't handle it. I am thinking of giving him away simply because of the hygiene. I can't find the strength to do it, and always back out. Any tips on keeping indoor cats?

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
I have a beautiful, beautiful Ragdoll. I love him so much, and he is an indoor-only cat. We tried keeping him outside, and he just couldn't handle it. I am thinking of giving him away simply because of the hygiene. I can't find the strength to do it, and always back out. Any tips on keeping indoor cats?
I used to have a Maine Coon so I think I might know what, ahem, hygiene issue you might be referring to. What really helped was having her groomed regularly and daily brushing. The groomer would shave her belly, hind quarters, and a bit up the underside of her tail so that her fur was about half an inch long. That kept “stuff” from getting stuck around her rear and also cut back the amount of hair balls.

As to other hygiene, we used have a litter box that was a covered one (looked like an igloo) which helped to keep litter from getting flung all over the floor. Daily scooping is a good rule too. We also would sprinkle/mix baking soda into the litter to help cut down on any odors and keep the litter more sanitary.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
This is our child's dog. We specifically wanted a rough collie given my husband and I grew up with collies; and the breed really is one of the best for children. My grandparents had collies, and my babcia and I would watch the original Lassie everyday after school.

I will never have any other breed, and they are known as great shepherd dogs - he herds the neighborhood children when they play. Males tend to be more affection than the female collies, and this one is a cuddler.

IMG_0229.JPG

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman

And holy moly, that’s a lot of pets! It must be a full time job keeping them fed and taken care of

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
Will animals be in heaven? I like to believe so:
"Ecclesiastes 3:21 speaks of the spirit (ruwach) of the animal. There is no doubt that “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24. To worship God one must have a spirit. Yet the Psalms and Revelation repeatedly speak of animals worshipping God. Yes, animals are not created in the image of God – but neither are angels and they will be in Heaven.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Okay, I tried really hard to get her to do something photogenic and this is what I got (lol):

lolcat.jpg
cutecat.jpg

She's actually pretty cute, and very very sweet. Her original owners abandoned her at the house where I used to rent a room after my divorce. She was very well-socialized but didn't have an actual owner. She attached herself to me, so I took her with me when I moved. She is very good at killing small animals. :blush:

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
And holy moly, that’s a lot of pets! It must be a full time job keeping them fed and taken care of

It’s not bad actually. Only a few of them like wet food, which they get a bite once in the morning. The rest eat dry, which is available all the time. When I say I have so many people get an image in their head of cats in every available square inch, but I doubt anyone would know if they visited. We also have a big fenced-in porch they hang out on. They spend all night out there I suspect because they sleep most of the day then start headed to the porch around early evening.

We ended up with so many because I rescued a mama and her two 8-week-old babies. Unknown to us she was already pregnant again. She also went into hiding in the house the day we rescued her and only emerged right before she was due.

First photo is the kitty we rescued and all but one of her babies nursing. You can see two are not like the others, lol. Please don’t judge my old grungy carpet! This was before we updated everything. We’ve moved anyway. Go ahead and judge, lol.

Next pic is Monster kitty. He’s the resident old grouchy guy.

Next is Buck eating green beans at my mom’s house. I gave him that bad haircut!

6F229FCD-B54E-41B4-9E30-BFF2333FF537.jpegCEC6D7A1-CCAE-4D65-9CC2-8BBDCAF918F8.jpegBB74FAC7-E26C-4F35-989F-E78E7AEC54AA.jpeg

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
I’ve been trying to persuade my husband into getting a pair of kittens for so long. But he’s been really resistant since his childhood cat passed away just last year (she was a real sweety). I’m a firm believer that a house isn’t a home without a cat (or two or more)... Maybe it’s a gene I inherited as a Black Plague descendant survivor lol :squintlol:

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
This is our child's dog. We specifically wanted a rough collie given my husband and I grew up with collies; and the breed really is one of the best for children. My grandparents had collies, and my babcia and I would watch the original Lassie everyday after school.

I will never have any other breed, and they are known as great shepherd dogs - he herds the neighborhood children when they play. Males tend to be more affection than the female collies, and this one is a cuddler.

View attachment 30056
What a beautiful (and well kept) dog! And I envy your snow!

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
First photo is the kitty we rescued and all but one of her babies nursing. You can see two are not like the others, lol. Please don’t judge my old grungy carpet! This was before we updated everything. We’ve moved anyway. Go ahead and judge, lol.

Next pic is Monster kitty. He’s the resident old grouchy guy.

Next is Buck eating green beans at my mom’s house. I gave him that bad haircut!

View attachment 30063View attachment 30064View attachment 30066

Those baby kittens are so gorgeous, and I love your green bean eating pup!
Great looking animals you have

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
This is our boy Gage curled up with his ‘brother’ Leo. They were best buds. Sadly, we lost Gage last February, but he will always have a special place in my heart. The biggest sweetheart cat I’ve ever had. I’d like to think he’s in heaven and I’ll cuddle him again someday

Attachments

• 732FC85D-79EF-4298-8BD3-9E15528A1CC0.jpeg
    732FC85D-79EF-4298-8BD3-9E15528A1CC0.jpeg
    421.4 KB · Views: 7

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I’ve been trying to persuade my husband into getting a pair of kittens for so long. But he’s been really resistant since his childhood cat passed away just last year (she was a real sweety). I’m a firm believer that a house isn’t a home without a cat (or two or more)... Maybe it’s a gene I inherited as a Black Plague descendant survivor lol :squintlol:

Tell him you’ve been seeing mice and droppings! Bam—CAT.

That’s how I got my husband to let me rescue our first kitten. He acts like he doesn’t like the cats but I walk into a room sometimes and there he is, this big biker-type guy, on the couch with two cats curled up asleep on him and he can’t get up because he doesn’t want to disturb them.
Even tough guys can’t resist kitties.