Pop culture invasion of hobbies and how to find a good replacement ?

pitbullowner

Kingfisher
I'm not going to lie I'm kind of a geek with no truly ascertainable skills outside of being a commercial driver's license holding individual..but I do know how to hunt fish hike and camp and I do have a modest collection of guns.

What are some ideas that you guys can suggest in regards to forming good hobbies and ways to meet and creates a tribe of people that are of the like mind like yourself even if theyre kind of alt lite normies.

I'm not a gun connoisseur so I couldn't exactly talk about them in vivid detail.

the point of this thread is to discuss hobbies that have been subverted by social justice weirdos/(((communist subversionary)))and alternatives you guys have found to replace them. thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this

Ideally I would like to have a healthy discussion on healthy masculine hobbies and ones that help building up strong fulfilling socialization.

@Leonard D Neubache @MichaelWitcoff @MusicForThePiano

you guys seem to have an insight to this kind of stuff from what I've observed on your postings so please feel free to express here

Razgriz

Sparrow
What exactly do you mean “like minded” individuals? Like minded in the sense that they enjoy the same hobby? Or like minded as far as their worldview, religious views, political etc. I ask because simply enjoying the same past time you will find a myriad of people who have differing opinions. The hobby maybe a good introduction but further investigation will lead to building your tribe.
As far as suggestions for hobbies I’d say almost anything that gets you outdoors more. Mt biking kayaking hiking climbing cycling ride motorcycles or dirt bikes. Things the lead you to create always seem masculine to me as well like wood carving, metal work, blacksmithing. Outdoor activities I believe will help
You meet others who are out doing the same thing. Then go from there.

When it comes to pop culture, I don't get on any bandwagons. I'm finding that any kind of idolized love for something fantasy I had as a child is now replaced with recreating my own reality into one of great interest, enjoyment, and fulfillment through God's grace. I spend a lot of time on the road, and take day long hikes in remote places, but I could spend more of that time learning to use the environment to make campsites and learn how to stay living off the land instead of having to re-enter society every few days or so to get things. I think the transition to natural away from the synthetic is the ultimate move for those who want purification. That being said, as an early 90s kid I grew up inundated with the last vestiges of pre-globohomo pop culture, so for as much as I've tried to remove all the things I know from my mind, they are still there. Every time I watch a movie, I am watching it from an investigative perspective for dialogue, geopolitics, secret meanings, revelation of the methods, etc. I have purged a huge amount of pop culture (movies, video games, music, art, books, etc) from my life and kept only the ones that red-pilled, or show the insights of the enemy.

I would recommend something outdoor related in which you have to spend a considerable amount of time outside, in the dirt, in the sand, in the grass, in the woods, and it doesn't matter what it is. This is the first step. Get out of the house.

For example, I'm going to go drive up and explore some old animal trails on foot this week with an acquaintance, a road certainly less traveled. Why? I find this all a part of cleansing.

To grow something like this into socialization, I would say a groups of men should start making villages off the grid with their families, depending on their faiths. Return to the soil per se, and you can do whatever hobbies you want there, archery, fishing, horseback riding, gardening, etc. I have a soft spot for gardens. One of the things I want to do is make a Thoreau-style house with only running water, no electricity, requiring its inhabitant to align their daily schedule with the sun and night, and perhaps put a grand piano in it.

Read the Word every day, even if its just a few passages, it will help you stay the course, and others will follow you by your actions, if not now, then when life is tough, they certainly will be humbled by you, just as we are all humbled by Him.

To echo (or perhaps reinforce) @MusicForThePiano's suggestion, I would recommend an outdoors-based hobby that is at once challenging and productive. Beekeeping, raising chickens, and gardening come to mind, as these are all things that get you outside and in the sunshine, yield tangible and valuable results, but can be done in even a suburban backyard.

Years-long pursuit of these hobbies eventually led me to sell my home in the suburbs and move the family out to the country. We bought an A-frame situated deep in the woods on a good chunk of land, and dug in immediately. I got a tractor, the wife got gardening tools. I got a truck, the wife got a wheelbarrow. I built a goat shelter, a chicken coop, a beehive. The wife filled them all, and our sons are instrumental in caring for them. We got to know our neighbors by asking for help, and offering help in return. Now, we trade raw honey for raw milk, land clearing for the lumber it produces, and all manner of veggies we grow for others we don't. We're looking to expand our operation this year to include cows and pigs, and our neighbors are beyond eager to help.

We didn't start out with the goal of socializing, or having a community, but in developing productive skills and seeking to increase our self-reliance, we found that a small group of like-minded families were just waiting for us. So, that's been our experience, which has led me to understand that if you follow the path that God has set for man, then you will find the path He has made especially for you on it.

I remember years ago, reading an article about how much fun a guy had after he joined a Christian bodybuilder's group. They were strictly into natural means of enhancing the body, no steroids! The funniest part of the story was when the writer, a tall and extremely skinny guy, walked into a NYC bar, dressed in a classic bodybuilder gym outfit, with his two massive Christian bodybuilder friends, dressed the same way, flanking him on either side! The whole place got quiet... Lol

Combat sports tend to weed out the SJWs, as does anything that requires hard work.
Make sure you're actually getting hit in your sport. Full contact Whether it's boxing, jiu-jitsu, or weapon based like fencing, it had better be as full contact as possible. None of this light-contact or "points" based sports. As Vox Day has said, never trust a man who hasn't been punched in the face.

I'd add to that:
  • shooting and gun training, although apparently Antifa commies are making some of their own (John Brown Gun Club being a good example, avoid them).
  • Hunting
  • Fishing
  • Weight Lifting for strength training, (not body building, which is homosexual and frivolous). Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program is excellent, especially if you find an actual Starting Strength gym, and then enter competitions.
  • Camping
  • Hiking (although this can be SJW infested, if you do hard or long hikes the worst you run into are granola hippies who are just ignorant of how the world works).
  • Gardening/small farming
If you're looking for something for your indoor time:
  • lock picking
  • Ham radio operation
  • Cooking (as basic as possible, in case TSHF)
  • computer coding (might come in handy if you get cancelled)
As you can see, my suggestions are prepper-based. Why? Because its getting real bad, and I don't see it getting better any time soon. And joining groups that do these activities will put you in contact with like-minded people.

An entertaining hobby, where you can socialize with cool people, is remote control aircraft flying. If you don't buy an expensive plane, you won't break the bank. I've done it a few times with a buddy who owns several r/c aircraft, and when he and others get together, they have lots of fun. The r/c plane groups tend to have guys of all ages.

bmw633

Sparrow
I'm not going to lie I'm kind of a geek with no truly ascertainable skills outside of being a commercial driver's license holding individual..but I do know how to hunt fish hike and camp and I do have a modest collection of guns.

What are some ideas that you guys can suggest in regards to forming good hobbies and ways to meet and creates a tribe of people that are of the like mind like yourself even if theyre kind of alt lite normies.

I'm not a gun connoisseur so I couldn't exactly talk about them in vivid detail.

the point of this thread is to discuss hobbies that have been subverted by social justice weirdos/(((communist subversionary)))and alternatives you guys have found to replace them. thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this

Ideally I would like to have a healthy discussion on healthy masculine hobbies and ones that help building up strong fulfilling socialization.

you guys seem to have an insight to this kind of stuff from what I've observed on your postings so please feel free to express here
I enjoy working on cars,motorcycLes, boat motors, tractors and lawn mowers. Working out is also good, riding motorcycles is fun. Learning to fly is expensive, but a blast, too. Anything away from a smartphone or PC is worthwhile.

Mr Gibbs

Robin

Have you ever the phrase “don’t give a sword to a man who can’t dance”?
The problem is and Julius Evola talks about this a lot, is that when you are born and raised under a capitalist, individualist way of life you’re brought up thinking you need some sort of monetary or otherwise materialistic return.

Say you want to learn a skill in order to make money or get a sail boat to pick up girls easier or whatever.

That’s a very modern, bourgeois and ultimately pointless approach.

For Evola something like mountaineering for example, was a sport that he likes because the act of doing it was the reward in and of itself. The preparation both mentally and physically, the overcoming of your own limitations and the environments were all apart of the reward of the sport where a bourgeois response to it would be “it’s dangerous, there’s nothing of value (monetarily) to be gained” etc etc it transcends itself and you grow in spirit. Something modernity is lacking which is why it is unrecognized by it.

So for me I love jazz guitar, I would suggest an art of some kind and invest yourself in it without expecting anything of monetary value in return. Learn an art of some kind as if on a spiritual venture, seeing yourself ascend internally from the act of learning whatever it is you choose and study the greats, Mozart, Picasso, Bill Evans etc etc