Pope Francis appoints first woman to the Synod of Bishops

ben1

Pigeon

The Pope has appointed a woman as an undersecretary to the Synod of Bishops for the first time.

Sister Nathalie Becquart, who is from France, will have voting rights in the body, which advises the pontiff and debates some of the most controversial issues in the Roman Catholic Church.

Ms Becquart has worked with the synod as a consultant since 2019.

The body's secretary-general, Cardinal Mario Grech, said the appointment showed that "a door has opened".

He noted that the decision reflects the Pope's desire "for a greater participation of women in the process of discernment and decision-making in the church".

The BBC's John McManus says the move is not a precursor to ordaining women as priests, although some opponents may regard it as a further step in that direction.

I am a Protestant. Can someone explain what is going on here?

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
This is how the corruption seems like it will occur. They won't have female Priests or Deacons any time soon. But the Novus Ordo mass will allow female lectors (readers of the reading on the altar), Female "ExtraOrdinary Ministers" who can not consecrate the host but are allowed to distribute it (with laymen and deacons). You will also find in many Modernized Catholic Churches, that women are leading marriage prep classes and other positions that should be filled by the Priest.

Now what we have here is a non bishops acting in the place of bishops with voting rights. It's like an illegal immigrant not only voting, but holding office. Very sad.

So they think they can get around the rules by just giving them the abilities, without the position - which would be instant heresy. God won't be fooled.

This has nothing to do with the saving of souls. As a matter of fact it's a safe bet that Francis will not do it if it involves the saving of souls. He will only do something if it promotes the Jewish Revolutionary Spirit, which this does, by promoting feminism and piling on to the cacophony of "Men What Be Wrong with World".

This is how the corruption seems like it will occur. They won't have female Priests or Deacons any time soon. But the Novus Ordo mass will allow female lectors (readers of the reading on the altar), Female "ExtraOrdinary Ministers" who can not consecrate the host but are allowed to distribute it (with laymen and deacons). You will also find in many Modernized Catholic Churches, that women are leading marriage prep classes and other positions that should be filled by the Priest.

Now what we have here is a non bishops acting in the place of bishops with voting rights. It's like an illegal immigrant not only voting, but holding office. Very sad.

So they think they can get around the rules by just giving them the abilities, without the position - which would be instant heresy. God won't be fooled.
I don't know too much about the Catholic Church, though I'm learning. If this is true, this is sad. I see this happening in Lutheran church body. Theological liberalism is an insidious beast that aims only to destroy the church from within. I see it happening right in front of me. Lord, have mercy.

Slide-Rule

Sparrow
I remember how I gave Bergolio the benefit of the doubt when this whole mess started. I remember when reforming the annulment process was at the top of the agenda. If that was the only thing to come of this, I'd be "okay" with it. "Francis showed his successor how to get things done. I can live with this. Future Pontiffs will be able to follow his example. Let's keep moving forward with this."

Today?

After seeing the pachamama disaster (I think this covid-mess is God's punishment for that.), I can totally understand why people like St. Benedict left Rome, and found a nice cave to live in, or how Monks went to the ends of the Earth in places like Mont-Saint-Michel, or even further like Ireland...

(Living in a monastery, deep underground, on the far side of the Moon, in Earth's radio shadow, free from the muck of world, sounds lovely to me...)

Recently I've been giving the Youtube Channel "What Catholics Believe", the Pastor is Associated with the Society of St. Pius V, more and more of my attention.