Popularity of "Black lives matter"

I think, it deserves separate thread.
Because it is about future of our civilization.
Most people desperately want to submit to power. Brutal power. Especially women, as we know, but also weak males - they are seeking for powerful leaders. It is a force of nature. And nobody can change that. And it can be the end of western civilization. If USA falls in civil war, then others will use the moment - China, North Korea, Russia. God only knows, what will happen. Now we see, how fascism and stalinism became popular. Because many poor, weak "children" patiently waited for "True" leaders to come and lead them in this world. Nobody cares about rational things, intelligence, common sense. No. Dominance - submission. Ultimate force of nature. Nature regulates behavior of humans (animals) on this planet. And wars is a part of that regulations. In regions where war happens, there is increase in birth rate after them.

It also demonstrates how quick some people are, to be apart of the 'cool new trend' or appear to be in with the 'cool' group.
If it will be no more than trend, then we are lucky. But if there are basic instincts involved ( and it looks so) then it can be the starting point of new ,dark( maybe black) era on this planet.

Well, this is just the end result of a long chain of mistakes this country has made. There's not a single person in our government who seems to be aware of those mistakes, nor who has the slightest interest in correcting them. It's just endlessly trying to fix one symptom after another, never having the two requisite brain cells it takes to realize how they're connected. We truly are ruled by some of the dumbest and weakest people in our country.

ilostabet

Pelican
From the other side of the Atlantic, some anecdotes:

The events in the US, as always, have invaded the public perception here in Portugal as well (and elsewhere in Europe of course). Both through legacy media and the internet, the 'cause' is being spread - the reactions are as expected. The usual suspects amplified their already anti-European rhetoric. Normal people are fed up.

There were public demonstrations in the thousands - no control by authorities, and barely any condemnation in light of the 'pandemic', despite the fact that if 20 Christians would have gathered to worship it would have been a scandal. The left has free reign here as well. There are now petitions for taking down statues and monuments linked with our colonial history. Some have been, and continue to be almost daily, vandalized (so far only graffiti).

Yesterday I was speaking with my dad, and he was telling me about an encounter with a rabid SJW: unfortunately, it's my cousin. He was having dinner at his sister's house, and they were just commenting the news, and eventually it came to the demonstrations, BLM, taking down statues, etc. My father is a boomer, but one mostly on our side, and he was saying that this is all stupid, that they were brainwashed, etc. Not very radical at all. He told me that, upon hearing some trigger words, my cousin who is the stereotypical SJW (female, in college, bullshit degree, dyed hair, bisexual, LGBT and anti-racist activist) had what, to me, as my father described, seems like an episode of demonic possession. She jumped out of her chair and onto my dad, started screaming in his face and almost physically assaulting my father, calling him racist, colonizer, homophobic (even though nothing was said about homos) and on and on, with her finger on his face. It was such a violent outburst that my father just left there and then. My aunt and uncle were livid, and couldn’t react, as they were the kind of parents who never disciplined their children, so they have this monster – which I have seen coming many, many years ago.

I don’t know if I agree with OP that this is a yearning for authority. To me it seems a yearning for chaos.

There must be thousands of girls (and boys) like my cousin. Hopelessly brainwashed. We face very dark times. It’s not only that the birth rate among Europeans is incredibly low (for example, statistics from 2019 just came out and there were twice as many naturalizations as there were births in Portugal, and even the births already count non-Europeans), but even the Europeans that are left, so many of them are like this, or even some less extreme version of this. God have mercy on us.

bucky

Pelican
One of many examples of why democracy was a mistake.
I think democracy worked OK for the USA as originally envisioned. Not as good as a theological dictatorship with Jesus Christ himself as the leader, of course, but as good a system as flawed Anglo-Saxons were likely to ever come up with for themselves. The problems started when we expanded it to people other than the Anglo-Saxon men who came up with it.

bucky

Pelican
The popularity has taken me by surprise. It astonishes me to hear how mainstream BLM has become, and how quickly it has happened. It seems to defy logic.
Hey, when I was a young man everyone would have laughed at you if you'd claimed a mentally ill man who believes he's a woman is, in fact, a woman. Nowadays it's the default belief among all good people and you'll lose your job or worse if you openly disagree. The MSM, Hollywood, and the TV just have to repeat something over and over and sooner or later, it's the new reality.

DanielH

Pigeon
I just did a google trends analysis for the term "Black Lives Matter." Interestingly it is the most popular in states which objectively have persecuted blacks the least. Vermont, Washington, Massachusetts, and Oregon are the top 4. The states which search it the least include many former slave states which have a high percentage of blacks. Really this shouldn't surprise any of us but it goes to show that the BLM movement is not based in reality. It is supported by naive northern liberals who put the idea of black people on a pedestal.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Even as recently as last week, I would say that we must put BLM on the terrorist list, round up the leaders and send to guantanamo Bay. It's too late for that. All that would do is turn the leaders into martyrs and they would grow even more popular.

I honestly think reparations could work, but if and only if any black person accepting reparations was required to give up their citizenship. Let the EU have them, they have given up already. Or maybe africa or some other continent would take them.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
The popularity has taken me by surprise. It astonishes me to hear how mainstream BLM has become, and how quickly it has happened. It seems to defy logic.
It doesn't defy logic at all. White liberals don't want to be seen as racist so they support BLM. Even some conservatives or moderates don't want to be seen as racist so they will go along with it as well and say they support it. I already know I will be seen as racist either way so I vehemently oppose BLM.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
I was talking this over with a friend the other day. We were wondering why something like Black Lives Matter is so fashionable, and why this movement attracts so many women, especially young, white women. That was all I saw at the BLM protest I went to; young girls, and on social media it's mostly the females I know who are promoting this movement.

Could there ever be a comparable movement for Asians - like Chinese people or Koreans? Say even if a cop kills a Chinese guy on spurious grounds? I doubt it.

There is something very attractive about the plight of the black person, particularly the black male. I think it's a very sexual / exotic thing at its root. Also, consider how much criminality and thuggery is at the heart of the black inner-city community, all the violence and misogyny (just listen to some rap), yet there is so much leeway given by the same people who in their next breath are screaming about toxic masculinity.

It's really bizarre and should be studied.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
Yesterday I was speaking with my dad, and he was telling me about an encounter with a rabid SJW: unfortunately, it's my cousin. He was having dinner at his sister's house, and they were just commenting the news, and eventually it came to the demonstrations, BLM, taking down statues, etc. My father is a boomer, but one mostly on our side, and he was saying that this is all stupid, that they were brainwashed, etc. Not very radical at all. He told me that, upon hearing some trigger words, my cousin who is the stereotypical SJW (female, in college, bullshit degree, dyed hair, bisexual, LGBT and anti-racist activist) had what, to me, as my father described, seems like an episode of demonic possession. She jumped out of her chair and onto my dad, started screaming in his face and almost physically assaulting my father, calling him racist, colonizer, homophobic (even though nothing was said about homos) and on and on, with her finger on his face. It was such a violent outburst that my father just left there and then. My aunt and uncle were livid, and couldn’t react, as they were the kind of parents who never disciplined their children, so they have this monster – which I have seen coming many, many years ago.
This is becoming all too common. I've seen hints of this in some very young people I've interacted with. It seems women are very susceptible to this kind of groupthink psychosis. They are radicalised by things they see and hear on the internet; horseshit platforms like Twitter and Vice are teaching them cockamamie narratives without nuance, and they are being further radicalised at college. Some of the more insane ones also happen to be medicated because they've all had eating disorders since they were 9 and have been put on a cocktail of drugs (Lena Dunham is a case in point).

Also, if they go to a liberal city they'll be mixing with mostly liberal people and they'll all be ensconced in this bubble, so when a sensible man like your father crosses paths with them and says something reasonable about chromosomes or whatever, they can only go apeshit. Don't forget, women are crazy at the best of times, and our brains don't stop developing until what, 26/27? There is no reasoning with these people.

It is sad to see so many young people be radicalised by faulty narratives to the point they turn almost insane. But this is where we are at.

It's very simple:

Rap music.

You guys probably laughed it off or even considered it racist if someone said that rap music was a psyop.

Teen girls are the most impressionable people. Give them rap and it becomes part of their formative years, the soundtrack to their first kiss, the first sexual encounter.

That creates a lasting imprint.

I hate popular music, because popular music is demonic jewish attacks on white people.

With each passing day, Sharia Islam is looking better and better. You don't see muslim girls whoring themselves to a thug rapper do you?

Salocin

Pigeon
This is becoming all too common. I've seen hints of this in some very young people I've interacted with. It seems women are very susceptible to this kind of groupthink psychosis. They are radicalised by things they see and hear on the internet
Unfortunately, it is not just young women affected.

A woman I know in her early 60s that was never involved in politics whatsoever until the 2016 election is now the very definition of social justice warrior.

She of course despises Trump, and is in full support of BLM.

Virtually all of the news she reads comes courtesy of Facebook, and all of the comments just reinforce her beliefs. It is an echo chamber, and any dissent is met with hostility.