Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

tomzestatlu

Kingfisher
After such long time I have whole weekend off. Friday night I spent with one cute girl, who celebrated her birthday and on Saturday morning I left her to go to mountains with my best friends and did hike to 3rd highest mountain in our country. The moment when we stop in a middle of a foggy forest, make a coffee, sip from a bottle of quality alcohol and smoke a cigar... nothing beats that.
On evening I met some more friends and arranged side gig since January, that will take place every Saturday night and will increase my monthly income by 20%.
Also from January I will switch to new job, which will provide me free weekends and much more free time and I am very positive about that. As my situation with girls was peaking past few months, I can say I have reached peak again and abundance I am dealing with is extreme.
Also, friends I really care about are reaching success in their professional and personal life and I am happy about that. It´s really good feeling to see my mates, who entered this adult life just few years ago climb up the ladder.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I had a swelling on my upper back and have a history of skin cancer in my family. I went to the dermatologist when it was really flaring up fearing the worst and he says it’s a benign cyst and is infected . It’s not cancer but will require a round of antibiotics and a minor surgical procedure. I was sweating for a day or 2 up until I saw the doctor.

This was right before open enrollment on nov 1. If I buy insurance now it would kick in January 1. I’m paying out of pocket for the surgery and it’s only 1000 dollars(at first I thought I might have to take a trip to Mexico and have the surgery there but that won’t really be worthwhile now. But I digress I’ve been so freaking happy the last few days. If my building burns down and I lose everything I would be like “I’m so freaking happy!”

I’m guessing this will wear off in a few weeks and I’ll go back to normal but right now I’m on cloud nine

eradicator said:
I had a swelling on my upper back and have a history of skin cancer in my family. I went to the dermatologist when it was really flaring up fearing the worst and he says it’s a benign cyst and is infected . It’s not cancer but will require a round of antibiotics and a minor surgical procedure. I was sweating for a day or 2 up until I saw the doctor.

This was right before open enrollment on nov 1. If I buy insurance now it would kick in January 1. I’m paying out of pocket for the surgery and it’s only 1000 dollars(at first I thought I might have to take a trip to Mexico and have the surgery there but that won’t really be worthwhile now. But I digress I’ve been so freaking happy the last few days. If my building burns down and I lose everything I would be like “I’m so freaking happy!”

I’m guessing this will wear off in a few weeks and I’ll go back to normal but right now I’m on cloud nine

Eradicator, l will be praying for you

bgbusiness

Kingfisher
I got a offer letter from a new job that I interviewed at.

(I wasn't working for almost a month after I quit my jobs - had other offers, but didn't want to just jump into a new job again. Organized my personal finances, went out, went to concerts, meet friends, read books, ate different food, etc...)

The interviewer who would be my boss told me I would get my decision in two days, but was surprised that it was in my email today, which is just one day after the interview.

15% increase in hourly pay, and my OT would be $30/hr+
I mean if I do get OT, I won't be mad...if I don't get much OT, that's fine with me. Balanced lifestyle.

Oh, they are also paying my lunch/phone bill/shelter since I do have to relocate. However, it's only a little bit longer than an hour away, I can always come back to my town lol
That dramatically lowers my expenses to almost 1k a month. I would only be responsible for my car payment, insurance, gas, some food that I do eat out, etc.

I went on vacation again to the Baltics. Came back this weekend. I have been planning on buying some land and eventually saving to build a retirement house there. I went to one of the places I had seen for sale online. I made a vow to myself that even if that place Inlooked at was not for sale when I can save up some money. Come hell or high water, I will do it. I said yes. So, all things are possible to those whom beleive.

Tex Cruise

Kingfisher
Without going into too much detail, I needed a certain shaped piece of steel tube for a project. I thought about phoning around to have it made up but decided to measure it and keep my eye out for something that I might be able to adapt or have machined to fit, which would be much cheaper. A couple of days later I found a part of a trailer that had come off a truck passing my house. I picked it up and threw it in the back of the ute. Today I measured it up and trial fitted it. It was exactly what I needed. To the 0.5 millimetre (20 thou) in inside diameter, outside diameter, length, and radius. All I need to do is cut it to length on one end.
The exact part I needed literally fell off the back of a truck, right in my driveway.

Tex Cruise

Kingfisher
Kona said:
Tex Cruise said:
Without going into too much detail, I needed a certain shaped piece of steel tube for a project.

Ok. That's none of our business.

Alright fine. I needed a piece of steel tube with a 22.5 mm inside diameter and 30mm outside diameter, with a straight section 220 mm long then a gentle 90 degree bend.

I have a theory that the word Aluminum was only invented because some prominent American at the time couldn't pronounce "Aluminium".

Alohaminium.

3hr hike with the GF. Sunny, warm, fresh air... middle of November.

Sat on a boulder eating an orchard apple that was grown within 30min of here, drinking some basic black tea. Watching the shafts of light coming through the trees, layered with the shadows, along the tall grass and the soil.

Later, home, warming the insides with homemade (right down to the broth) borscht.

Phone call with parents and grandma. Pet the cat. Grilled some lamb and crushed a stunning bottle of local wine.

Now typing to you internet friends. A day of endless riches.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Tex Cruise said:
I have a theory that the word Aluminum was only invented because some prominent American at the time couldn't pronounce "Aluminium".

Ask a Tenessee redneck to say aluminium. They can't. Ask an Australian (or look in the mirror and say) HOOD. They can't. It's why they say bonnet.

TooFineAPoint said:
Pet the cat. Grilled some lamb

I pet the lamb and grilled a cat.

That's a joke. I'm glad you had a good day. I did too.

From now until a little after Thanksgiving really big fish come right to the front of my house. I caught a monster ulua aka trevally from a pole attached to my fence. I also taught this balloon head neighbor kid how to fish. He knows my secret chocolate squid technique now. I also gave him a fish to round out the parable. All told, about 15 fish were caught. Then I took these concrete sidewalk slabs out to the sandy bottom parts and laid them down with some chocolate squid underneath. Tomorrow Ill swim out, pull them up and there will be lobsters galore. Add those to todays catch and my Veterans day bbq is totally catered.

Aloha!

Bolly

Pelican
It was announced a couple days ago that Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison are gonna tour together in 2020. That's to much good news. Can't wait. Don't care how much tickets are or how far I have to drive, I'm there. :banana:

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Sometimes I get horrible headaches, absolutely awful. I've suffered them my whole life, but now I'm undergoing a chemo routine, they're a daily occurrence.

But when my wife gets home, she makes some sort of Caribbean solution, puts a damp cloth on my head and massages my head. I am asleep in 5 minutes, and when I wake up 45 minutes later, my headache is gone and my dinner is ready.

Always look on the bright side.

Geomann180

Ostrich
Gold Member
I got two:

Three months ago:

There was a new girl at work, Peruvian, who was really hot. If I was still single at the time, I might have made a pass at her. Alas, I just befriended her and set her up to meet my roommate on a double (turned into a triple date with another two friends). They've been going out for nearly two months now.

Last week:

Got into an argument with my girlfriend whilst at the end of my shift that had us both angry at each other and not talking. She reaches out after work the next night, we talk, and I point out how we got this point and what to do to avoid it. She apologizes. The next day she comes over, cleans my kitchen (and dishes), cleans my bathroom, and helps me put together an old bed-frame that got delivered from home goods storage (not heavy, just needed another pair of hands).

I'm pretty satisfied with things right now.

G