Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

Easy_C

Crow
Geomann180 said:
I got two:

Three months ago:

There was a new girl at work, Peruvian, who was really hot. If I was still single at the time, I might have made a pass at her. Alas, I just befriended her and set her up to meet my roommate on a double (turned into a triple date with another two friends). They've been going out for nearly two months now.

Last week:

Got into an argument with my girlfriend whilst at the end of my shift that had us both angry at each other and not talking. She reaches out after work the next night, we talk, and I point out how we got this point and what to do to avoid it. She apologizes. The next day she comes over, cleans my kitchen (and dishes), cleans my bathroom, and helps me put together an old bed-frame that got delivered from home goods storage (not heavy, just needed another pair of hands).

I'm pretty satisfied with things right now.

G

Is the GF Latin too?

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Leonard D Neubache said:
I did it. I found the Papayatapper theme song.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
When I was 12 or 13 yo Papa PT in a moment of unusual tenderness expressed how proud of me he was by telling me that he was really glad he’d poked Mama PT instead of jerking off the day I was conceived. It was one of a number of life moments I’ve been conflicted about since

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I had my daughter for Thanksgiving. I know that the evening wasn't fun for her. None of the younger cousins were there and I fell asleep on my aunt's couch. Friday morning she asked if we could spend the day together instead of me taking her back to my ex right away. We went to Mass, out to breakfast, visited the cemetery. We came home and watched The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and Shane. We made dinner and then I took her back to the ex.

On the way back I told her I know it wasn't a very exciting day. She told me that it was the best day she has had in awhile and that she loves me. She leaned over and gave me a big hug. I had fight back the tears. lol

I asked if she has been teaching my other daughter her prayers. She said that she has taught her the Our Father and Hail Mary. She is going to work on the Guardian Angel prayer next because they both like angels. I miss them both so much. I am glad the older one seems to be avoiding the poz.

Please keep them in your prayers.

I went for a walk in the countryside earlier on what will probably be the most beautiful Winter morning of the year.

It's amazing how quickly you forget your worries and find balance of mind when you reconnect with nature, even in a small way. The bright December sun, low in the sky, shining through the bare trees. A thick carpet of frosty brown leaves underfoot. It just reaffirmed in my mind how much I want to get away from the city.

Athanasius

Pelican
Listening to the Messiah in front of a lit Christmas tree. Glorious.

How about a quote, from Malcolm Muggeridge:
"Christendom, like other civilizations before it, is subject to decay and must sometime decompose and disappear. The world’s way of responding to intimations of decay is to engage equally in idiot hopes and idiot despair. On the one hand some new policy or discovery is confidently expected to put everything to rights: a new fuel, a new drug, detente, world government. On the other, some disaster is as confidently expected to prove our undoing. Capitalism will break down. Fuel will run out… Overpopulation will suffocate us, or alternatively, a declining birth rate will put us more surely at the mercy of our enemies… In Christian terms, such hopes and fears are equally beside the point. As Christians we know that here we have no continuing city, that crowns roll in the dust and every earthly kingdom must sometime flounder, whereas we acknowledge a king men did not crown and cannot dethrone, as we are citizens of a city of God they did not build and cannot destroy. Thus the apostle Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome, living in a society as depraved and dissolute as ours. Their games, like our television, specialized in spectacles of violence and eroticism. Paul exhorted them to be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in God’s work, to concern themselves with the things that are unseen, for the things which are seen are temporal but the things which are not seen are eternal. It was in the breakdown of Rome that Christendom was born. Now in the breakdown of Christendom there are the same requirements and the same possibilities to eschew the fantasy of a disintegrating world and seek the reality of what is not seen and eternal, the reality of Christ."

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
My family and I just put our tree up and this will be the first Christmas in memory where Christ was foremost in our hearts. It's amazing how much it changes a time of year I otherwise used to care very little for. I'm listening to the old carols and in a sense it's like I've never heard them until now. They are a true joy.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Leonard D Neubache said:
My family and I just put our tree up and this will be the first Christmas in memory where Christ was foremost in our hearts. It's amazing how much it changes a time of year I otherwise used to care very little for. I'm listening to the old carols and in a sense it's like I've never heard them until now. They are a true joy.

Your family might want to take this one for a spin.

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
My daughter and I completed a 1000 piece puzzle this weekend. We went to the craft store and bought glue to hold it together. I am going to look for a frame for it this week. She said she wants us both to sign it and hang it up in our new condo.:smile:

Sombro

Ostrich
"Who Killed All the Feminist Blogs?"

https://theothermccain.com/2019/12/10/who-killed-all-the-feminist-blogs/

Now many of those sites are dead or dying, and Jezebel is under new management, part of a stable of publications run by the hedge fund-controlled ownership group, G/O Media, that recently set off a staff exodus at the sports site Deadspin. Feminist media has been especially hard hit by the financial turbulence in the news industry.
[...]
The gradual collapse has continued into this year. Feministing, an independent blog founded in 2004, plans to shut down in the weeks to come.
[...]
The Establishment, an independent blog focused on gender and race, stopped publishing in April with a farewell post bemoaning the “Sisyphean” difficulty of making money with a site focused on “intersectional feminist media.” In May, Vice Media’s women’s site, Broadly, was folded into the larger Vice brand.
The Hairpin, with recurring features like “Ask a Queer Chick” and “Interview With a Virgin,” shut down last year, as did Lenny Letter, the newsletter and website started by Lena Dunham and her producing partner, Jenni Konner. Rookie Magazine, the diarylike site started by the fashion-blogger-turned-actress Tavi Gevinson when she was 15, also ended its run. XoJane, known for first-person essays like “My Rapist Friended Me On Facebook (And All I Got Was This Lousy Article),” signed off in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/08/business/media/feminist-blogs-feministing.html

Got a job that pays exponentially more than what I was doing. I don't have to forgo my solitude and get a roommate. I can work here, pay for school and work only one job and live in a safer neighbourhood. The prior job wasn't all that. Stressful and not enough pay. This company is held privately and encourages employee stock purchasing.

Athanasius

Pelican
Leonard D Neubache said:

Always has been my favorite time of year. I love Christmas lights too. They are a picture of light in the darkness (Luke 2:9, John 1:5, etc) and tidings of great joy (Luke 2:10), even when displayed by the uncomprehending.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
If anyone remembers Laurie Penny, I think she had a run in or two with Roosh, but nothing about her is worth researching, so, who cares? Just a run of the mill annoying feminist.

The main thing I remember about her is that she was in New York city once, was trying to cross the street but looking the wrong way, and out of the blue, Ryan Gosling swooped in and saved her life.

What an experience, only she played it off like it was nothing special, nothing she should have any gratitude for. No big deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ritish-journalist-faces-Twitter-backlash.html

Anyway, she is making her appearance here on Speaker's corner, having appeared to smirk and condescend to a Men's Rights Activist speaker.

This belongs in the positivity lounge because of the simple, honest, loving demeanor of the speaker, a man named Rod.

None of her snark or cheap rhetorical tricks are any match for an honest man speaking simply from the heart.

debeguiled said:
If anyone remembers Laurie Penny, I think she had a run in or two with Roosh, but nothing about her is worth researching, so, who cares? Just a run of the mill annoying feminist.

The main thing I remember about her is that she was in New York city once, was trying to cross the street but looking the wrong way, and out of the blue, Ryan Gosling swooped in and saved her life.

What an experience, only she played it off like it was nothing special, nothing she should have any gratitude for. No big deal.

I'm convinced that the whole "saving" thing is fake, and it's just a PR stunt for the actor. She just probably wanted more attention focused on her person.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
d said:
debeguiled said:

I'm convinced that the whole "saving" thing is fake, and it's just a PR stunt for the actor. She just probably wanted more attention focused on her person.

A PR stunt where they chose the absolute worst damsel in distress they could possibly find?

Please explain the reasoning?