Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

debeguiled said:
A PR stunt where they chose the absolute worst damsel in distress they could possibly find?

Please explain the reasoning?

Well, they could've picked an uglier one.

Whenever some "news" that a famous person was coincidentally in place to do something "heroic" come out, I'm doubtful on a general principle. Actors and celebrities are inherently vain and attention-mongering people, not only by nature but also due to their line of work.

bgbusiness

Kingfisher
I am thankful that I have a reliable job and have lowered by expenses dramatically.
Currently, my expenses are low 1k, just paying for my new car, car insurance, phone bill (iPhone 11 pro max, iPad Pro 2019), and other subscriptions such as Wall Street Journal, Youtube Red, etc.

My company have provided me with corporate apartment with couple co-workers, but I have my own room.
They are also providing me with free lunch + several dinners a week + company events, which I get once a week or so at a relatively upscale restaurants. I also get free gas...

If my insurance just get lower in the future as I age and my driving record isn't a short period of time and I pay off my car, my total monthly expenses could be $500...

roberto

Pelican
Gold Member
I'm typing this listening to my hot petite blonde 23 year old LTR singing along to country songs as she preps dinner, which smells fucking amazing. Today my practical skills and investments earnt me £200 for a couple of hours easy work. We had our offer on a dream traditional English cottage accepted earlier this week, went to look at it again today and found even more things that we like about it, and I'm on the sofa drinking wine wondering what on Earth I did to deserve all this.

Realistically, if I hadn't found this forum and embraced self improvement, it wouldn't have happened. Peace motherfuckers. You guys are the best.

Caractacus Potts said:
I had my daughter for Thanksgiving. I know that the evening wasn't fun for her. None of the younger cousins were there and I fell asleep on my aunt's couch. Friday morning she asked if we could spend the day together instead of me taking her back to my ex right away. We went to Mass, out to breakfast, visited the cemetery. We came home and watched The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and Shane. We made dinner and then I took her back to the ex.

On the way back I told her I know it wasn't a very exciting day. She told me that it was the best day she has had in awhile and that she loves me. She leaned over and gave me a big hug. I had fight back the tears. lol

I asked if she has been teaching my other daughter her prayers. She said that she has taught her the Our Father and Hail Mary. She is going to work on the Guardian Angel prayer next because they both like angels. I miss them both so much. I am glad the older one seems to be avoiding the poz.

Please keep them in your prayers.

man i just saw this....that's some good stuff

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
bgbusiness said:
I am thankful that I have a reliable job and have lowered by expenses dramatically.
Currently, my expenses are low 1k, just paying for my new car, car insurance, phone bill (iPhone 11 pro max, iPad Pro 2019), and other subscriptions such as Wall Street Journal, Youtube Red, etc.

I used to think YouTube Red was a frivolous expense but they have really turned up the ads lately (I don't even watch any huge channels and they still forced me to sit through not one but two ads). It's starting to seem totally worthwhile

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
This is going to sound dull, I managed to finally break my caffiene and sugar (and general stimulant habit) after years, by...

By drinking plain boiled water. Turns out I only craved the heat of it and not the drug. Luckily I have a local well nearby, so it tastes great anyway.

Drinking hot water seemed laughable...now I can't believe it was so laughably simple.

Syberpunk said:
This is going to sound dull, I managed to finally break my caffiene and sugar (and general stimulant habit) after years, by...

By drinking plain boiled water. Turns out I only craved the heat of it and not the drug. Luckily I have a local well nearby, so it tastes great anyway.

Drinking hot water seemed laughable...now I can't believe it was so laughably simple.

holy crap, congratulations man. I think i need to switch to fizzy water with lemon & lime myself. Me and Mountain Dew have a hate love relationship

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
pitbullowner said:
Syberpunk said:

holy crap, congratulations man. I think i need to switch to fizzy water with lemon & lime myself. Me and Mountain Dew have a hate love relationship

It was a lightbulb moment when I realized it was the habit I liked not the drink as such, the amount of money I spent on fuel station cappuccinos would have paid 2 phone bills.

I do seem less flight or fight too in my general disposition. There is general very vague tension that you consider normal until it goes away, then you realise how abnormal it was.

Also:

Perrier and meyer lemon with a mint leaf is a very nice drink.

Kombucha from GT or Health-Ade is also a lovely treat.

For warm drinks, pop down to your local tea shop and get some jasmine tea (for a little caffeine... and you only need a very few pieces per pot) or rooibos (for herbal & no caffeine).

eradicator said:
You can try using tea bags syberpunk.

Pittbullowner you can try just drinking regular tap water instead of soda pop

yeah, that's what I gotta do. I'll go for like 4 months good drinking water and lemon honey sweetened tea...then i forget one day to pack some tea and say "Screw it, here's a gas station to perk me up" and then it's down in the dumps for that yellow 5 and super sweet HFCS. It's my one vice that i have now that i gotta get rid of

Bolly

Pelican
The forum could use some more good news. Pretty depressing lately around here. First calf of the year was born on the ranch yesterday. Little bull calf; nice and healthy. One of the dogs got knocked up and had puppies awhile back. Puppies and calves are good for a man's soul. Fun to see them bright eyed and bushy tailed jumping around learning about the world. Nice seeing innocent life born into a world and see glimpses of the future. Even when times get rough, it's a reminder that life will go on.

kel

Pelican
Spectrumwalker said:
The forum could use some more good news. Pretty depressing lately around here. First calf of the year was born on the ranch yesterday. Little bull calf; nice and healthy. One of the dogs got knocked up and had puppies awhile back. Puppies and calves are good for a man's soul. Fun to see them bright eyed and bushy tailed jumping around learning about the world. Nice seeing innocent life born into a world and see glimpses of the future. Even when times get rough, it's a reminder that life will go on.

I would've loved to have seen that. My farm dream is still very much just that, a dream, and I don't expect I'll do calving for a while even once I've got it, but after seeing a video of it it really filled me with a sense of wonder at the miracle of the cycle of life, the web of life on earth, etc.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I was all set to move from Manhattan to Brooklyn. My lease is up at the end of the month and a few weeks ago I found a great apartment for April 1st in an area I liked and went ahead and filled out the paperwork and paid the money and did the credit check etc. I wanted to get it done before I took a vacation in the middle of the month to France. No fee, reasonably priced for the size and location, overall I'm happy, Ok done.

I didn't sign the lease because the landlord I was dealing with wasn't available the day before I left for France so we said I can just take care of it when I get back to the USA.

Corona happens, I rush back to the USA to avoid getting stuck indefinitely in another country. I agree to the 2 week self quarantine from having traveled to a Shengen area. The new landlord says no problem, he can just email me the lease. I say sure, he mentions a small snag: the old tenants that are moving out at the end of March have not found a new place, and when they go to try to find a place, the buildings that were advertising for new tenants, it turns out most of them are no longer for rent because the old tenants don't want to move in the middle of a pandemic.

Just now they finally found a place. I'm set to move on April 1. I was worried that the tenant that was moving out would try to take advantage of newer lax eviction laws and try to keep the apartment, and after all I had not actually signed a lease so the apartment wasn't technically mine yet. I sign tomorrow. And what was potentially a huge headache is averted.

I am so freaking happy. My current apartment is a rodent and roach infested shithole and totally overpriced. It was rent stabilized but who cares, it was a shit hole, with landlords that were totally non responsive. I'm glad to be moving out now. Very happy.