Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
My usual Sunday lunchtime trip to the supermarket, and the contents of the reduced items chiller were almost spilling into the aisle. Picked up well over a weeks shopping, at 50% off or more.

Meanwhile, I'm planning a repeat of my guerrilla gardening/wildflower meadow at the rear of my apartment. Giving it a few more days to warm up properly, and then I'll be scattering bumblebee friendly seeds, a wildlife friendly mix, a classic wild flower mix, and some really bright Cornflower seeds.

Gimlet

Pelican
I flew across the country for a business trip. I am in a blue part of the country. Very blue.

In the row in front of me sat a young man (about 30) in the middle seat. An older man - my age, about 50 - sat next to him in the aisle seat.

The younger man apologized in advance because he had surgery recently and would need to get up and stretch every hour. The older man said it's not a problem. The younger man thanked him. And then he opened up.

He said that things are so weird right now. And he had just moved to this city. And he just wanted to be ok. And he told that man that he had not found a church, he was a Catholic. And that he was serious. He said, "When I talk about God, about my faith, this is a serious discussion. I am tired of the jokes." And that no one can have a serious talk about this.

The older man said, "I understand. And yes this is very serious. What is going on with you, son?"

We had not taxied. The entire plane got quiet. The young man explained everything. About his perceived inadequacies. About his lazy faith. And shame. And his lawyer girlfriend and his feelings that he is not good enough for her. And that it counts and he felt inadequate. And that he needs to get back to his faith, but he felt like he was not where he should be so he was stagnant with his girlfriend and his faith and God and Church.

I thought a looney SJW would go off. The "stewardess" in the jump seat across from me was a homosexual. He bowed his head. THE WHOLE PLANE WAS QUIET. This is a northeast city.

The older man explained that everything that holds the younger man back is in his own head, and that God, that Jesus is ready for him right now. And that if returns to his Church and worships as the imperfect man he is, that if lets God lead, his girlfriend will let him lead.

NO ONE SAID A WORD UNTIL WE TOOK OFF.

People know what is up! People are scared. The homosexual. The blue haired fat women. Everyone shut up and listened. I wanted to join the conversation but I did not. This kid was seated where he needed to be.

We got in the air, the kid (ok I am 50, he's a young man) fell asleep and I watched a movie. When we landed and got off the plane the kid grabbed the older man's hand, looked him in the eye, and said "Thank you. I really needed to sit next to you."

I am telling you all. I nodded. Everyone around them nodded. The older man was a Protestant. He reminded me of @scorpion who once, years ago, quoted a verse I never studied. Matthew 18:20. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
We often hear bad stories about athletes. However, some have good values. This man came from one of the worst nations on Earth. However, it seems his father taught him good values and he is giving back to his nation. This reminds me of Manute Bol who did a lot for his native Sudan (sadly Bol died in 2010 at the age of 47).

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Last week was a very good week.

CNN+ failed
netflix reported terrible results and substantial subscription churn
disney got its special tax exemption removed
Elon Musk continued to make his moves on twitter

Update: Musk bought Twitter

People, this is a war. It's a strange and cold war, but, it's a war. I look at current events like skirmishes and battles. When we see headlines like this we need to be inspired and hopeful. When the richest man in the world says "woke is a mind virus", that's good news.

Note, that all of the items above are cultural. BAM! Just where the fight has been and has traditionally been neglected by our side. What do CNN+ failure and netflix tell you? It tells you the radical leftist grip on our culture is fallible. They are not invincible. Also, look at the order of magnitude. CNN+ didn't survive for a month and it was canceled. The loss at netflix was equally spectacular. Along the same lines, the bold moves DeSanctis has made against disney, also, demonstrate an order of magnitude change, which is very good. So not only is the leftist grip on culture fallible but, it's slipping. Its not as dark as we think, the culture is up for grabs and the zeitgeist is stirring. Perhaps, the most compelling reason is that the left can't create decent content. The restrictions leftism puts on things like movies, tv, music etc are so suffocating there is no creativity because there is no room to be creative. Think about it, the characters are all the same, the stories are all the same, and the messaging is all the same. These are the conduits that transmit the propaganda that gives leftism its power and they're faltering.

Musk's triumph over Twitter is very significant. Indeed, this just happened and we need to digest it, but, this is very good. There has never been this level of systematic censorship in the US. Never. Censorship is desperation, so, the people who are censoring are desperate. Why are they desperate? Because in the marketplace of ideas leftism or neo-american-marxism, doesn't win. And, case and point, it can't win, seeing how, among other things, it's literally at war with reality itself. This became abundantly clear when the web was still free and particularly in 2016. During that election year, we confronted the entire leftist canon and we decisively defeated it on an intellectual basis. Oh, and we did that with memes...small token phrase-like statements is all you need to destroy an entire ideology. That's why they resorted to censorship. Now that Musk owns Twitter and he's been very open about turning it back into a free speech forum, we'll once again have the conditions we had in the pre-censored or free web. No, not on every app, but, Twitter, is all we need.

Last edited:

M'bare

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Gold Member
Thought I'd share that my wife and I recently found out she's pregnant, as we have been trying for a few months. Presuming, and God willing, all goes well then this would be our first child.

Prayers for us as future parents and the life in her are protected and healthy would be appreciated.

I'd encourage other gents out there not to get too discouraged if things aren't happening on your ideal timeline. Mine hasn't been ideal either and I've stumbled many times. I'm 39 and she's 38. Not ideal, but God doesn't act according to our plans. Thank Christ for forgiveness and redemption. I say this again so the younger guys on here don't despair if they're not meeting a good woman and having a family yet. Satan wants us to give up and be blackpilled. Don't give in. Stay the course in Christ and although the road is still likely to be bumpy, good things will come.

cosine

Kingfisher
Thought I'd share that my wife and I recently found out she's pregnant, as we have been trying for a few months. Presuming, and God willing, all goes well then this would be our first child.

Prayers for us as future parents and the life in her are protected and healthy would be appreciated.
Congratulations, and I hope everyone stays healthy through delivery, and that your family has a bright future.
I'd encourage other gents out there not to get too discouraged if things aren't happening on your ideal timeline. Mine hasn't been ideal either and I've stumbled many times. I'm 39 and she's 38. Not ideal, but God doesn't act according to our plans. Thank Christ for forgiveness and redemption. I say this again so the younger guys on here don't despair if they're not meeting a good woman and having a family yet. Satan wants us to give up and be blackpilled. Don't give in. Stay the course in Christ and although the road is still likely to be bumpy, good things will come.
This is what I needed to hear today. Thank you very much for sharing.

I'd also like to add to thank Christ and my neighbors for what we have. Gratitude is a powerful force and one that I don't cherish enough.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian
This guy's been consuming an average of 500 grams of protein/day for 20 years straight! According to science (Sinclair, Longo etc.) he should have accelerated ageing and probably be dead from cancer already. I would say he looks great at age 58! Seems that humans are quite well equipped to tolerate large amounts of protein from animal sources...at least in combination with exercise.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
This guy's been consuming an average of 500 grams of protein/day for 20 years straight! According to science (Sinclair, Longo etc.) he should have accelerated ageing and probably be dead from cancer already. I would say he looks great at age 58! Seems that humans are quite well equipped to tolerate large amounts of protein from animal sources...at least in combination with exercise.

I remember this guy from back in the day - good to see that his hasn't gone the way of many of his peers!

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Remember, all of this, feminism, homosexualism, crossdressing, equity, diversity, sustainability....its all marxism. Therefore, its not going to work. Apropos of our Christian roots here at RVF, its important to understand that marxism is very much connected to Christianity because its the polar opposite. communists literally want to "put us back into the garden of Eden" and create a "heaven on Earth". Also, it's a religion that seeks to make men into gods.

Now, it doesn't take a theologian to see how this is all interrelated. Oddly, marxism, for all its "scientism" and atheism, validates Christianity the same way a shadow validates an object.

This will not work because it is impossible to create heaven either on this Earth or by man. And since creating heaven sits at the core of all of marxism - this ideology is going to fail. Its only a matter of time. Whenever man or marxists attempts to create "heaven" it results in unspeakable evil and catastrophe. This is always the case; its like clockwork. And when the catastrophe happens it results in the destruction of marxism.

Here in America, a great evil is happening; it's the deliberate and systematic sexual molestation of children. This will go down in history as an event on par with the holocaust. The catastrophe is imminent. Now that the fed is raising rates, the process has started and we have maybe 6-8 or, at best, 12-18 months before this thing implodes. When its explodes or implodes or both, it will very bad and people will look for something to blame. They'll also be looking for someone to blame for the holocaust event we're seeing right now.

So, who will they blame? Well, they'll blame the people who caused the societal/economic catastrophe and the people and groups that created the molestation holocaust. Who are those people?

There's a symmetry at work here. A polarity that pulls at us; one side is God and the other is satan. I'm not sure if satan is eternal, but, the condition of satan on earth is. When I look at marxism I see Cain played out writ large. And since "equality" is impossible and resources finite, this drama will play out over and over again. Its Cain that creates marxism. Therefore, we must always be vigilant and expect these iterations to occur every couple of generations. We're in the midst of one such episode right now; if you will the American iteration of marxism. But, its going to fail soon.

Jive Turkey

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Remember, all of this, feminism, homosexualism, crossdressing, equity, diversity, sustainability....its all marxism. Therefore, its not going to work. Apropos of our Christian roots here at RVF, its important to understand that marxism is very much connected to Christianity because its the polar opposite. communists literally want to "put us back into the garden of Eden" and create a "heaven on Earth". Also, it's a religion that seeks to make men into gods.

Now, it doesn't take a theologian to see how this is all interrelated. Oddly, marxism, for all its "scientism" and atheism, validates Christianity the same way a shadow validates an object.

This will not work because it is impossible to create heaven either on this Earth or by man. And since creating heaven sits at the core of all of marxism - this ideology is going to fail. Its only a matter of time. Whenever man or marxists attempts to create "heaven" it results in unspeakable evil and catastrophe. This is always the case; its like clockwork. And when the catastrophe happens it results in the destruction of marxism.

Here in America, a great evil is happening; it's the deliberate and systematic sexual molestation of children. This will go down in history as an event on par with the holocaust. The catastrophe is imminent. Now that the fed is raising rates, the process has started and we have maybe 6-8 or, at best, 12-18 months before this thing implodes. When its explodes or implodes or both, it will very bad and people will look for something to blame. They'll also be looking for someone to blame for the holocaust event we're seeing right now.

So, who will they blame? Well, they'll blame the people who caused the societal/economic catastrophe and the people and groups that created the molestation holocaust. Who are those people?

There's a symmetry at work here. A polarity that pulls at us; one side is God and the other is satan. I'm not sure if satan is eternal, but, the condition of satan on earth is. When I look at marxism I see Cain played out writ large. And since "equality" is impossible and resources finite, this drama will play out over and over again. Its Cain that creates marxism. Therefore, we must always be vigilant and expect these iterations to occur every couple of generations. We're in the midst of one such episode right now; if you will the American iteration of marxism. But, its going to fail soon.
That doesn't seem like good news at all! Maybe wrong thread?

SpyofMoses

Robin
Protestant
Remember, all of this, feminism, homosexualism, crossdressing, equity, diversity, sustainability....its all marxism. Therefore, its not going to work.

And when the catastrophe happens it results in the destruction of marxism.

And we'll survive the catastrophe because we're reliable men. After that there will be plenty of time to rebuild society by starting families.

We'll make babies, raise them with Christian values, and thus win the game of history with our pro-family lifestyle.

; )

Gazza

Woodpecker
Other Christian
https://christopherneil.substack.co...=yoqgy&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email I’d like to share a potential positive good news article with you all. This was written by a former doctor/cardiologist friend of mine that I used to work with at the hospital (until we were both sacked late last year for obvious reasons). It’s regarding the federal election that is taking place this coming Saturday and his take on it. Enjoy.

Sanctus

Woodpecker
Protestant
Things have been stressful here lately, money problems and all that good stuff, with an added dash of inflation.
I got an email regarding underpayment (wage theft) from an old employer, they did a review and found I had been severely underpaid for my services and have decided to back pay me for their theft - it no small sum either.

Praise to God for everything he does.

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
Drove through a thunderstorm on a motorcycle and i felt like a kid playing in rain for the first time again.
Riding through a rainstorm on a motorcycle is NOT a good idea! When I was a young lad many years ago, I rode my motorcycle across the
United States, down south into Mexico, and up north into Canada. That was a memorable trip! I always pulled my motorcycle off the road during
rainstorms because that's the most dangerous time, when visibility is much reduced and the road surface becomes slippery as the rain water
mixes with the grease on the pavement. Fortunately I had no accidents although my motorcycle did skid a few times. You don't want your motorcycle to slip on the road during a thunderstorm and slide into the path of an eighteen-wheel truck!

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
I know that some men think that dogs are just devolved free wolves, but do you ever wonder that the main reasons for the existence of dogs (and other close pets) is to teach us humans how to love better?

GqP6P8k.gif

I think that this is their main job - and we humans still have a lot to learn in that regard.

MU6H2OU.jpg
I disagree with that sentiment. There's a big difference in temperament between golden retrievers and pit bulls. Golden retrievers are the
friendliest breed---they love everybody, even strangers. Pit bulls, on the other hand, are dangerous since they are bred to kill with their wide
strong jaws and vicious aggressiveness toward other dogs and strangers. I'm always cautious around them and give them a wide berth on
my walks since their owners, especially young women, may not know how to handle them.