Post about a manly thing you did today

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
^^^ That's a nice story. It made me smile.

Another moral to that story though, if you check out, and pay then say "oh no i forgot,to,get,thsy bag" nine times out of ten they give them to you for free.

More food for thought.

Aloha!

Christhugger

Kingfisher
I finally finished my engineering license application, which was the most painful piece of "establishment writing" I've had to do since college, but now I won't get fired and leave my pregnant wife homeless.

Feels good though to get it off my mind. I might even work hard, get some more single digit raises for the next 20 years, and retire comfortably in my 50s.

Is that beta? :banana:

roberto

Pelican
Gold Member
Leonard D Neubache said:
I'm pretty good with the angle on the more obvious x/y axis but the guide really helps me with the z axis or pitch or whatever you call it. I can just lay the guide flat along the tooth and get the correct up/down angle. I'm thinking about getting one of those big Stihl sharpeners that does your depth gauge at the same time, if for no other reason than it's a lot harder to lose.
The trouble with the all-in-one unit is that you're stuck where Stihl want you to have the rakers. If you're in cutting in softwood and have a decent size powerhead, you want them way below and let those chips fly. Conversely, if you're in hardwood or doing some tricky felling where bore cuts are the order of the day, you want to be a little more conservative (although often letting it bite a touch more than recommended)

Source: I do manly shit like this all the time, so much so that I can't even be bothered to post about it on this thread :laugh:

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member
Kona said:

Another moral to that story though, if you check out, and pay then say "oh no i forgot,to,get,thsy bag" nine times out of ten they give them to you for free.

More food for thought.

Aloha!
First we have [img=650x500]https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/55/2018/02/arnie-920x584.png[/img]

The we have, Kona the plastic bag game rigging jew...

(who's got a whole bunch of Busch going on, down in his underpants anyway)

Deflect and decoy.

Shoplifting game recognized.

RIslander

Hummingbird
Kona said:
I've been drinking but was still able to shoot this honking ass peacock in the head and torso from a vast distance. The damn thing has been a menace at 430 am for weeks. It started up a while ago and my training kicked in. I gave it a proper Islamic burial at sea just like we did with bin Laden.

Aloha!
By a "honking ass peacock" are we talking about some guy dropping game on your lawn or an actual bird? :laugh:

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Rigsby said:
Kona said:

More food for thought.

Aloha!
First we have [img=650x500]https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/55/2018/02/arnie-920x584.png[/img]

The we have, Kona the plastic bag game rigging jew...

(who's got a whole bunch of Busch going on, down in his underpants anyway)

Deflect and decoy.

Shoplifting game recognized.
I always thought Hawaiian was pronounced Ha-why-ann but if Conan is a Barbarian then AFAIC Kona is a Ha-why-ee-ann.

Bolly

Pelican
I puréed a pussy yesterday with a swather. Was out cutting hay and two of our Amish neighbors cats were bouncing around in the field. First time one of the pussies came within about a foot of the header, the part with the teeth that does all the cutting. I slammed it into neutral and he bounced out of the way just in time. A little while later, I finish a row, spin the swather around and see a sliced a diced pussycat lying there in the row I just finished. Felt kind of bad, but, shit happens. Definitely manly.:tard:

On the bright side. It was a quick death for the cat. Something like this...

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Nothing for me today, though over 400 years ago man name of Giambologna wasn't letting designing a garden get in the way of his masculinity. That was Tuscany then though.