Post about a manly thing you did today

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Leonard D Neubache said:
I helped the old widow next door with her yard work, and by "helped" I mean "did it all".

Von Goethe was a jerk.
That's funny because yesterday I took three old ladies to the bank and grocery store. One is my grandma.

We probably serviced the elderlies at the same time because yesterday is tomorrow in Australia.

Aloha!

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Kona said:
Leonard D Neubache said:
I helped the old widow next door with her yard work, and by "helped" I mean "did it all".

Von Goethe was a jerk.
That's funny because yesterday I took three old ladies to the bank and grocery store. One is my grandma.

We probably serviced the elderlies at the same time because yesterday is tomorrow in Australia.

Aloha!
Every island has a story. If you listen, it will speak to you.

An0dyne

Robin
I completed the most difficult course of my academic career with a major final project, clinching a 4.0 for my Master's program.

Simultaneously, as of this week I've successfully navigated owning my own business for one year. We just expanded to an additional day per week, in conjunction with a major promotional campaign that I took point in developing.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
debeguiled said:
Was going to post this in the funny animal threads, but this dog belongs here.

That's cool to see such a clear example of a dog thinking. We usually would say that only humans can actually think, and other animals operate on instinct, with some limited exceptions.

In this case, the dog clearly thinks to himself, "Why am I just running down these stairs normally? You know what would be more fun? Taking a running leap from the top! I'm doing it!". Then he did it!

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
RoastBeefCurtains4Me said:
debeguiled said:
Was going to post this in the funny animal threads, but this dog belongs here.

That's cool to see such a clear example of a dog thinking. We usually would say that only humans can actually think, and other animals operate on instinct, with some limited exceptions.

In this case, the dog clearly thinks to himself, "Why am I just running down these stairs normally? You know what would be more fun? Taking a running leap from the top! I'm doing it!". Then he did it!
Yeah, after some girl got him all excited.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
Fixed a worn-out dimmer light switch in my house. I watched a YouTube video on how to do it. Then, flipped off the circuit breaker, took the switch plate apart, unconnected the wires, took the old dimmer to the home store, purchased the replacement, then connected the wires and put it back together again. It worked. May not sound like much but it's the first time I've ever done it. I'm continually amazed at how profoundly satisfying and fulfilling it is to fix something in your home yourself rather than getting someone else to do it.

BoiBoi

Kingfisher
The other day I fixed my computer mouse the same way. Bought a replacement cable, watched a tutorial and done. Sure, I just could have bought a new one, but fixing it was very satisfying.

Hypno

Crow
I cooked a roast for my son and I. Showed him how easy it was. Also chicken and rice in a crockpot m. It may not sound manly but man I wish I could cook as well as I can now when I was in college.

Hypno

Crow
I took my teenage son shopping for back to school clothes. I finally have sole custody so this is the first time I ever did this. Hooked him up with some good looking clothes at good prices.

Also, I let him borrow the Benz for a date.

it feels like yesterday that I was teaching him how to catch a football and hit a baseball. Man, where did that time go?

Sargon2112

Sparrow
Installed an outside power inlet/ port on the outside of my house for my generator. Wired it into the breaker panel with an interlock so the generator and main (power co) can't be on at the same time. Safe and legal.

Easy_C

Crow
A bit belated, but I got to learn how to prepare a dove for cooking over the weekend. I don’t have a problem with meat preparation although although both the way we did it and the fact that I like doves made it feel a bit brutal doing it, even though I’m someone who isn’t exactly un-initiated to gore and has seen people blown to pieces.

Bare Handed by literally tearing the feathers, skin, wings, etc off the bird and then pulling off the edible parts. Probably the most memorable part was reaching in to pull its heart out while the part that involved snapping the wings off and feeling/feeling them crunch was gross.

It was a bit of a shock to the family when I came inside to wash up with my hands covered in blood and feathers but it was good to have get the experience so I can do it myself.

Last edited:
I regularly lift big heavy containers of drinking water, onto the kitchen counter. They are just too heavy for my significant other or my teenage stepdaughters to lift. The water from the tap here in the Philippines is contaminated and it's best not to drink it.